Suggestions on Evergale Canyon's Queue Algorithm

YuukiAsuna-DN

@Cyan Regarding the Evergale Canyon queue algorithm, I have some suggestions here based on the Asmodian side's experience, maybe the team can take into consideration and even put into action:

1. The current premade alliance is taking too long to get a pop. One of the reason being there are lots of asmodian players in the quick queue entry (although not all of them are active players, i.e. afk players... I'm sure similar situations happen on the elyo's side as well). And pre-made alliances with full 24 active players are not getting priority queues at all. Personally, I think there should be some kind of priority queue path saved for the pre-made alliances in this situation, so that more active players can enjoy evergale, instead of wasting so much time in queue while the afk players enter and do nothing. This ruins the fun of this pvp instance.

2. When both the asmodian and elyos side have pre-made alliances forming, the current setup is for 1 pre-made alliance from each side to go in at the same time, and then the rest from quick entries. I'd like to recommend the queue entry to have all pre-made alliances enter first before the quick entry players entering. This will ensure more active players in a large evergale canyon match (96 vs 96). Otherwise, we tend to have a lot of afk players who just ruins the balance and the fun of the big pvp match.

3. Some other thoughts regarding how to deal with the afk players. The afk players are a big pain for most active players who actively pvp in evergale canyon. Many enjoyable matches are ruined because of afk players who either "happen to have league lead or alliance lead" or just sit in base and do nothing. I'd really like to see some change in the alliance formation algorithm to incorporate either an auto-kick after being afk for a certain period of time, or give the league leader/alliance leader the power to kick the afks. However, this may be problematic due to random kicks. So, I personally would like to go for the first option - auto-kick after being afk for a certain period of time.

These are just some of my personal thoughts to help improve the game-play of evergale canyon. I'd like to listen to everyone else's experience and ideas.

Creating pre-mades only seems to slow you down on the Asmodian side.

When I queue on my Asmodian (either quick or pre-made), it can take upwards of 20 minutes for a pop. When I queue on my Elyos, I get instant pops. There is rarely anyone in the quick queue even when there are no pre-mades up. Considering there are more Elyos than there are Asmodians, I have no idea how this is happening.

I agree that pre-mades should be a priority. A full pre-made should get the next opening Evergale instance. I don't believe, however, that that instance should be filled with all pre-mades. Since the Elyos do make more pre-mades (though not as many as you might think), Asmodian pre-mades would always be 1 or 2 alliances of pre-made against 4 Elyos pre-mades. Talk about not fun. 1 pre-made against 1 pre-made is just fine.

A kick function is subject to just too much abuse. What I can see happening is a level 75 "pro" getting lead and kicking everyone under level 74 and anyone undergeared and everyone they can until their friend gets a pop. People suck. That's why we can't have nice things.

In all three Evergales I ran last night, the alliance leader did a ready check to see who was afk, and then moved all of the afks to the same group(s). Obviously, this is not always possible if the *leader* is afk, but it's something that more alliances should be doing. It helped a lot.

Before anyone jumps in with WELL BLAH BLAH BLAH... yes. I know. It's not a perfect solution. But it does help a little with the frustration of having your entire group be afk.

6 hours ago, MelbourneDerby-KT said:

Evergale is suppose to be more casual and less competitive that's why the GP gain is less, and premades have lower priority on purpose. That will not change ever.

Less competitive than what exactly? EB? 

4 hours ago, Qjn-KT said:

GP is not the main reason people run evergale. They run it for the soulstones to upgrade their pvp gear to the lv80 version.

Precisely. I agree 100% with @Aly-DN, people can and have abused alliance kicks, I'm glad it's gone, however I either 3 things could happen:

1) bring in an auto -kick (would likely need some code change, so need game devs involvement)

2) bring in rewards based upon participation - go ahead and AFK, if you do, then maybe you get no quest update,  less GP (again, likely needs a code change)

3) bring in the CM to made a guideline announcement, as they did for UA sieges, outlining expected behaviour for EC. 

8 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

All of a sudden, people started caring about winning evergale, only because of the soulstones. Why not just give one out for joining? 

Just like we can get Harvester's gear as soon as we port into BOS?  no, didn't think so. People need an incentive to win, I see people who AFK from the moment they get in, and in matches when there's a very good chance to win. 

I'm not going to get into the reasons why, there's a number of them, however, if they do AFK, I don't want them to get anything. 

6 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

For alliance based content, you can sort out who joins your group for higher success. League/coalition? sorting out 100 people? GL 

Funny, since people do win Evergales. 

They don't just throw up their hands and say"it's a lost cause" and AFK, it's usually a lot more fun to try, in fact we won a match yesterday by just 100 points, came down to the last minute.

People miss out on this when they just AFK.

1 hour ago, Calista-DN said:

Funny, since people do win Evergales. 

They don't just throw up their hands and say"it's a lost cause" and AFK, it's usually a lot more fun to try, in fact we won a match yesterday by just 100 points, came down to the last minute.

People miss out on this when they just AFK.

Except when group loses a pvp and a leader says "it's lost" in leader chat.

19 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

I don't think fun come to mind when you spend 10b on gear and doesnt do shit at all...  Most of the people who wants to win evergale only wants the soulstones. Even on the losing side, its get 4k and afk if thats even possible. 

If you spent 10billion on gear and it isn't helping you, it isn't the gear and it isn't the game.. it's you. 

Yes. Most of the people in Evergale go for the soulstones. How exactly is that a problem? The instance was dead prior to this patch. Attaching a significance to it has finally given it life. And yeah. Even if I am going to lose, I push hard for 4k so that I can get the soulstone. That keeps me playing when it is obvious that we will lose.

16 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

If you spent 10billion on gear and it isn't helping you, it isn't the gear and it isn't the game.. it's you. 

Yes. Most of the people in Evergale go for the soulstones. How exactly is that a problem? The instance was dead prior to this patch. Attaching a significance to it has finally given it life. And yeah. Even if I am going to lose, I push hard for 4k so that I can get the soulstone. That keeps me playing when it is obvious that we will lose.

3k treble cleave on people with +7 accs my fault? k

Seriously? You are ticked off that Treble Cleave isn't a one shot? That the only tool you have in your war chest? Perhaps learn your class a bit better. I run about in Evergale on my level 72 songweaver that has unenchanted IDL accessories and unenchanted Apolllon gear and have a great deal of fun. I get kills. I can get away from a zerg. 

Again. It isn't the gear. It's you.

4 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

^seriously doing a lot when it isn't even your main lul

Did I miss something that said that Evergales can only be done on mains? My point is that my totally underleveled and undergeared alt sw is effective in Evergale and I have a great time playing her and yet here you are on your main crying buckets of tears because your Trebble Cleave didn't one shot someone. 

It was only an example. You bring in your alt that YOU DONT CARE ABOUT GEARING UP. Same thing this with the FM run i did where someone has a high level pve/p geared character he didn't care about getting purified pvp stuff. The run failed but he didn't care because it was his alt.. but what if it was his main? Instead of comparing alt, why not talk about mains? Go and tell every main character its perfectly fine to lose 100% of your evergale game and see what happen? If i spend 300m on my alt compared to 10b on my main, what should i expect main to do? To queue in evergale and get nothing from it? it would have been far more effective on the alt i spent 300m on then for the 25 gp.

You are a very angry person and apparently like to blame all failures on everyone other than yourself. I am sure you are a barrel of laughs to play with.

Fine. I have not spent 10 billion on my main and I get beaten down sometimes but more often than not I hold my own. I don't cry when I get beaten. I also don't rely on one skill to come out on top. And if I do get beaten, I try new ways to win. It's called.. learning to play your class.

You lose 100% of your Evergales? Try and be serious. Sometime you get outplayed and sometimes you outplay. You do realize that not everyone can win. There is only one winner. So 50% of the people in the instance will not win. Are you honestly trying to say that everyone that queues on a main should win? Are you also saying that just because you spent an outrageous 10billion on your main and I didn't, that you should win because kinah?

Lol. 

10 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You are a very angry person and apparently like to blame all failures on everyone other than yourself. I am sure you are a barrel of laughs to play with.

Fine. I have not spent 10 billion on my main and I get beaten down sometimes but more often than not I hold my own. I don't cry when I get beaten. I also don't rely on one skill to come out on top. And if I do get beaten, I try new ways to win. It's called.. learning to play your class.

You lose 100% of your Evergales? Try and be serious. Sometime you get outplayed and sometimes you outplay. You do realize that not everyone can win. There is only one winner. So 50% of the people in the instance will not win. Are you honestly trying to say that everyone that queues on a main should win? Are you also saying that just because you spent an outrageous 10billion on your main and I didn't, that you should win because kinah?

Lol. 

Isn't that what evergale complaints when it came out and complaints now have been based upon on? Its probably what OP is complaining about too because of afkers? why? Soulstones???? 4k(basically a win) or if you win.

Archived