Suggestions on Evergale Canyon's Queue Algorithm

YuukiAsuna-DN

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Bringing up non-relevant instances up....

We're bringing up PVE instances because you don't expect to get top-level gear by doing nothing from more difficult  PVE instances ( e.g. FM,  BOS, COE full run) yet clearly you've suggested rewarding people just for entering, or expect that there's a lesser degree of coordination or skill to get rewards for some PVP content. Just like you don't get Harvester's gear without your static [ in theory], you should:

- know your class

-your assigned role

-  follow instructions in EC.

This particular person used to cry day in and day out on the old forums about how no one would take them to EB and other such instances (after this long, guessing it's because they're unpleasant or that they're bad at their classes or both). So this is particularly amusing to watch the tears happen again.

Make the reward a soulstone just for entering, and I will AFK on every 66+ character I have. uehuehuehue.

3 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

We're bringing up PVE instances because you don't expect to get top-level gear by doing nothing from more difficult  PVE instances ( e.g. FM,  BOS, COE full run) yet clearly you've suggested rewarding people just for entering, or expect that there's a lesser degree of coordination or skill to get rewards for some PVP content. Just like you don't get Harvester's gear without your static [ in theory], you should:

- know your class

-your assigned role

-  follow instructions in EC.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

This particular person used to cry day in and day out on the old forums about how no one would take them to EB and other such instances (after this long, guessing it's because they're unpleasant or that they're bad at their classes or both). So this is particularly amusing to watch the tears happen again.

Make the reward a soulstone just for entering, and I will AFK on every 66+ character I have. uehuehuehue.

The assumption is that im bad, yet i haven't failed or was the possible cause of a failed instance. We should be talking about the ones joining groups when they have lots of interruptions during the run, afking when everyone is ready because thats a big waste of everyone time.

As for EB when it was relevent, what other possible way was there to gear properly? w/o having faction influence

The fact that you complained about not being able to do land your Trebble Cleave as the end of the freaking world since you apparently paid 10 billion for your gear, yeah. The assumption is that you are not a good at your class. Next time perhaps earn your gear and that will give you practice at playing songweaver. Just a suggestion.

There is also another thing on EC that needs recoding: how the hell queued ppl is called inside on a ongoing match???? Each match should only start when all the numbers are inside, i mean, if its 96 vs 96, the 96 players of each side should be on base w8ting for doors to open, not calling one by one after the match starts. Its frustrating to whom is losing because low numbers and see ppl getting in and stay afk because they are already loosing by far. And frustrating to whom gets in and wants to help/play and cant do shit because its overrun, or like yesterday for one of my runs, i got inside with elyos on asmodean base..... i just saw red after the loading screen. Is that fair?

15 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

You're saying i can control what damage my treble can do? why can't i do 6k like normal ones then? spend another 30b?

Normal what? In PVE? PvP? Underlevel? Undergeared? What are your upper accessories enchanted to? Are you using double Prime Archon harp? It may not even be your gear! The answer to every problem is not "throw more money at it". Stop thinking like a hammer. Not every problem is a nail. Use -all- of your skills. You are playing one of the most multi-use classes out there and all you are worried about is the damage of a single skill.

Okay guys, calm down. Original creator of post is offering changes to algorythm of queues, what all this discussion of bull***t is?

I would like to second to the part where premades should be prioritized. I queue my asmodian character and it takes 30 minutes to pop on high time (Sieges). As a 24 men instance, when queue is 30 minutes, people keep DCing or leaving or something like that and keep putting the queue to the bottom for the premade group. Fully agree- premade gets pop first +3 alliances of quick entry.

And since people here already going other direction with this forum post, i have a second tought, for asmodian, it takes about only about 10 minutes when there is no siege. Asmodian don't go to siege (Katalam at least) trying to get more of soulstone or whatever in evargale. You queue for 30 minutes because elyos are all participating in sieges.. So like.. we, elyos, want to go evargale, but we also want the fort. We can't be in two places at once. And we dont quick queue during siege time, because it's certain loss- our premade leaders are also active people in sieges.

OR make two windows of evargale 1-2 hours each, so that they dont overlap with sieges? Or make them earlier so that siege only starts when evargale finishes? This would cut down waiting times for asmodians as the elyos wouldn't be busy.

19 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

You're saying i can control what damage my treble can do? why can't i do 6k like normal ones then? spend another 30b?

Uhmmm youre lvl 72, so to level 75 person you do 30% less damage. Level up :D 

6 hours ago, Heat-KT said:

Okay guys, calm down. Original creator of post is offering changes to algorythm of queues, what all this discussion of bull***t is?

I would like to second to the part where premades should be prioritized. I queue my asmodian character and it takes 30 minutes to pop on high time (Sieges). As a 24 men instance, when queue is 30 minutes, people keep DCing or leaving or something like that and keep putting the queue to the bottom for the premade group. Fully agree- premade gets pop first +3 alliances of quick entry.

And since people here already going other direction with this forum post, i have a second tought, for asmodian, it takes about only about 10 minutes when there is no siege. Asmodian don't go to siege (Katalam at least) trying to get more of soulstone or whatever in evargale. You queue for 30 minutes because elyos are all participating in sieges.. So like.. we, elyos, want to go evargale, but we also want the fort. We can't be in two places at once. And we dont quick queue during siege time, because it's certain loss- our premade leaders are also active people in sieges.

OR make two windows of evargale 1-2 hours each, so that they dont overlap with sieges? Or make them earlier so that siege only starts when evargale finishes? This would cut down waiting times for asmodians as the elyos wouldn't be busy.

Uhmmm youre lvl 72, so to level 75 person you do 30% less damage. Level up :D 

Well, I  don't think much will be done. When we were on Zikel, if we didn't que on the instant c-dredge window was up (when it was the cap) , then elyos could wait until the entire window passed,and this was our static pre-made. I don't even think quick ques had much, if any chance. NC didn't do anything, because it was the law of supply and demand, it was up to us to fix.

Well if premade ally gets priority in queue or whatever, afk/alts, can just join afk/alts ally.  You think this wont happen?  Look at pre 5.0 how many groups you would see on lfg for "afk" dredge.  People made Afk dredge group because the queue was faster than doing quick group sometimes.  

9 hours ago, Heat-KT said:

yea sry mistook u for aly

Umm. I have had 100% of level 75 since the summer.

What I think should change are (and some of these have been mentioned by others)

• Pre-mades should be priority over anyone in the quick queue.
  • Pre-mades should go into the queue when they hit 24 and -remain- in the queue even if someone disconnects or drops. Quick queues can backfill if the pre-made is still missing members at pop.
  • All pre-mades that are in the queue should be put into the next available instance so that it would be possible to have a -full- pre-made instance.
  • If the current score becomes insurmountable, the fourth alliance should not be opened. (i.e. if the score is 2k to 50)

Had the last happen a few days ago. Waited 20+ minutes for a pop and when we finally went in the score was 2k to 55 and the Elyos had overrun the Asmodian start.

11 minutes ago, Cruciatus-DN said:

Maybe stop granting rewards to the losing side... ofc people will exploit if they can AFK. Gotta stop with this millennium sh*t and reward people for participation, winning stuff for just participating is embarrassing, look at sieges for example

Expelliarmus!!!!

Edit: You can't escape from me :P

Archived