All confused...

GenericUser1487

Hi guys. I am old Aion player. I had a long break from the game. Need some help as from 5.8 patch there are no updates on Internet to get some info. Have a few questions...

1. How to lvl up from 65-75? I mean fast. Campaigns are not giving lot of exp but taking long time. Luna not giving too much exp too.

2. How to get the best pve and pvp eq right now? And where I can get the mats from?

3. I am clerik and would like to get Healing Servant. Buying is not a problem but if I will remove any stigma from those which I gained,is it my 8th skill for stigma will gone?

4. Is it good to do any crafts? Such as alchemy,cooking etc?

5. Is it better to stop lvling on 68 and prepare gear on 75 or lvl up to 75 and then concentrate on gear? 

hello

1- to level up the best way is to do Adma, Teobomos Test Chamber, Drakenseer Lair and Fallen Poeta. Also doing your lunas, some fissures and crucible spire will help you in that. Try to realize that is not an easy task as it used to be in previous versions. It will take time. You will have to do a lot and take profit on exp buffs from events or whaetever you can get. 

2- Best PvE gear now is Purified Harvester. The basic gear (still great and the 2nd one in PvE) and the stones to purify it can be obtained in Bastion of Souls. But that instance is hard and you will need some gear and HP to start going there. You can also get kinah and buy the basic gear from Broker and with that go to BoS to get the stones. If you want something easier to begin with, you can try with Apollon gear. You can get that too from the broker. (the instance for that one is Cradle of Eternity, but still is hard if you have nothing from 5.X). PvP gear you have some options, but still the abyss gear gives a great option. You can start farming AP and spinel medals so you can get the Abyss gear 75. You can purify that too if you get the materials in some PvP (and PvE) content. You can also collect kinah and buy it on the broker. 

3- If your current stigmas are working that means those are the actual ones. That means you can change them in any stigma master. Outdated stigmas are useless now and if you have those you will find tem in your inventory with a cross over them. If yours do not have that and you can use them, you will not lose them. You will just equip them again and recover your linked stigma. The linked stigma will change if you modify your stigmas, There are 3 options and depends on with stigmas do you equip. 

4- the old crafts are really outdated. You can still use alchemy or cooking to do some old recipes (and some are still usefull), but the new craft is Aetherforging. It is suggested to level up that one if ou can. 

5- nope. do not stop leveling. Try to do both things. You will level up, and you will get gear. Leveling up will give you better stats, and some skills improvement (both using the essence points that you will get increasing your level). You do not require a minimum level to use endgame gear. So you can start collecting it. But it will give more stats if your level is not so far less than the recommended level for the gear. Remember that in Aion you will not have all your gear in just few days. Patience and effort. 

Aetherforging is a new "craft" introduced in 5.0. It does not depend on the other professions so you can upgrade it no matter if you already have "master" in another one. It includes all the new recipes from the last version (We do not have new recipes on the old professions after 4.9). It will be the only profession that wont be erased in Aion 6.0. It is not like the other ones. Aetherforge includes a lot of different things to craft. From potions, to weapons or even pets (It is not focused like the old ones). Leveling it is harder and takes a lot of time. But if you learned how to level up the old ones, this one wont be hard to understand for you. This one does not requires to learn recipes. You have all the recipes from the beggining and you will be able to do them if you reach the required level. They never fail, but still you will have an small "noble proceed" chance for some items. Another difference for Aetherforging is that you do not need to go to an especific location to craft or level up. Is more like morphing and you can do it where you want. The max level is at 300, and some players suggest to try to improve it in the next months so you can have it at max level before 6.0. 

Its actually quite straight forward to level up Aetherforging. Just spam recipes that dont require a lot of materials, materials that you have easy access to and such. Keep in mind Edible Fruit, Edible Meat, Natural Essence and Vitality Essence can be bought from NPCs in bundles of 100 for few kinah in Norvold/Iluma, and Spirit Stones of Eternity from a special NPC in a level 6 Landing in Upper Reshanta. It takes quite some time and crafts, but it is a lot easier if you get the crafting boosts, which increase the XP gain of crafting by 500%, and lasts 5 hours.

You are basically intended to spam a single recipe for 20 levels, and move to higher recipes as you unlock them (except for the first few levels). Here is what I consider the most effective route.

• 1-10p: Spirit Stone of Eternity Stamina
  • 10-30p: Processed Ordine Paper
  • 30-50p: Any processed scrolls (material scrolls or consumable scrolls)
  • 50-70p: Pet-safe Jerky Ingredient
  • 70-90p: Processed Elegue Reagent Paper
  • 90-110p: Upgraded Recovery Potion or Upgraded Secret Elixir (same materials, up to personal preference)
  • 110-130p: Pet-safe Cookie Ingredient
  • 130-150p: Greater Enchanting Supplement (Mythic) or Refined Magic Fluid (both are viable, the former one especially if you run low tier Archdaeva instances and lack greater supplements)
  • 150-170p: Processed scrolls
  • 170-190p: Pet-safe Ribs Ingredient
  • 190-210p: Processed Medicus Reagent Paper or Processed Terapeia Reagent Paper (I would prefer the former since it will be a materials for the following recipe)
  • 210-230p: Upgraded Healing Potion
  • 230-250p: Pet-safe Roasted Meat Ingredient
  • 250-270p: Processed Kera Crystal
  • 270-290p: Processed scrolls
  • 290-300p: ...Not sure really. Maybe the previous recipe will carry you to 300p. Maybe Cut Aurorium Crystal too, but the base crystal seems really expensive.

I forgot to say that I have set 55 which gained from Enshar I think from campaign. It is good set but idk, can I do BoS on it?

Okey see now how it's working with crafting. Sound easy but lot of time. I have lot time for it when I am doing my reports so  should be okey :P. I am gathring now AP for armor which u Azzmaria said. Lot work to do but I know I will manage before 6.0 :P. I hope so :D. Maybe before it I will get items from BoS but need to know if is managabe to do with gear 55 which is gained from Enshar campaign. 

2 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Spirit Stones of Eternity from a special NPC in a level 6 Landing in Upper Reshanta.

Level 5. You know that, so I expect this was just a typo lol.

1 hour ago, Anadi-KT said:

I forgot to say that I have set 55 which gained from Enshar I think from campaign. It is good set but idk, can I do BoS on it?

No, definitely not. You will need Apollon gear (or better) to run BoS. Apollon gear is either bought from the broker or received as drops in Cradle of Eternity and Trials of Eternity. ToE isn't really doable until levels 73-75, so CoE would be your source. I mean technically MAYBE there is some alliance out there who would carry you in BoS with lesser gear (but still needs to be better than the 55 Enshar gear), but you'd be hard-pressed to find an alliance like that. The first boss in BoS does aoe hits which cause 18k-20k damage. You'd be one-shot. Not to mention, the defensive stats on 55 Enshar gear is nowhere near what you need for BoS even if you discount the HP problem.

Right. I know your tips now but you know what I think would be a problem? I heard bit idk if that is true,that in 6.0 which I think we going get in summer, they going expand max lvl up to 80 and they going to remove our staff and exchange to new sets. Kinah will be transfered into different money. Is not better for me just lvl to 75 by doing adma,Theo, dreds etc (to collect more AP)? Do not buy anything as Apollon gear. I seen it at the broker. Is not expensive but enchantment is 0 so probably take me forever to get stones right now. Maybe I could manage before 6.0 to get this whole set sorted bit is it point? What do u think guys? Anyway I am now 69 lvl and I can not wear it until I will be 70.

Also forgot to add that instance from 6.0 for Apollon gear will be removed...thats crazy what they going to do for some reason...I am mostly confused with 6.0. Idk what to expect. I would like to buy mount,gear but from 1 point of view is that making any sense if they going to remove this things? 

Lets clear out several topics.

10 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

Right. I know your tips now but you know what I think would be a problem? I heard bit idk if that is true,that in 6.0 which I think we going get in summer, they going expand max lvl up to 80 and they going to remove our staff and exchange to new sets.

We are not losing our gear. We will still be able to wear it. You will keep it.

Kinah will be transfered into different money. 

It wont be done automatically. You can do it by your choice after the update.

Is not better for me just lvl to 75 by doing adma,Theo, dreds etc (to collect more AP)?

...You have to do everything! Work in gear as well as levelling up and building your AP fund. Level is a bit more important than gear, but you need both.

Do not buy anything as Apollon gear. I seen it at the broker. Is not expensive but enchantment is 0 so probably take me forever to get stones right now. Maybe I could manage before 6.0 to get this whole set sorted bit is it point?

Why is everyone so obsessed on enchanting? Its benefits are good, but you can perfectly manage without it. And manastones, just doing Secret Munitions Factory (weekly Luna instance) and you will eventually end up with a stack of +6 manastones enough to socket more than one set.

The Apollon set will allow you to do almost anything in the game. There is stuff that you wont get to do in 6.0, so yes, it is worth it. I strongly recommend to get the Apollon set, especially during this event.

11 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

What do u think guys? Anyway I am now 69 lvl and I can not wear it until I will be 70.

Basic feature of Archdaeva gear; ALL Archdaeva gear can be worn at level 66. Recommended level difference reduces the stats you get from the gear. A loss of 2% of stats from a fully level reduced piece that will only last the few days it will take you to reach 70, negligible.

11 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

Also forgot to add that instance from 6.0 for Apollon gear will be removed...thats crazy what they going to do for some reason...I am mostly confused with 6.0. Idk what to expect. I would like to buy mount,gear but from 1 point of view is that making any sense if they going to remove this things? 

You can do everything. Gear up, get a mount, level up. 6.0 is still a long way away. Enjoy this patch while we have it.

Maybe u right. I just read on forums and different website this what I said above. Also I did not said that gear for which I will work very hard for PvP will be very easy to get later on...that's so stupid...I ill put lot of effort and doit in month but in 6.0 some ppl will do that in few days becausee of instances... Well we will see how it will work in 6.0. I hope u right

Guys maybe u will tell me. I got a half of te appolon gear but is basic withot manastones and +0. I tried add manastones, I am unable, tried to extend to lvl +, I am unable. How can I do it? Or need to be like that without any changes added? I seen some o those apollon's pieces even +15 so what's goin on?

There are two versions of the Apollon set; the base version (has no manastone slots, no conditioning, unenchantable, level 75 and cannot be level reduced, etc) and the upgraded version (you can do anything to it). When people say "Apollon set", they mean the upgraded one, because the base version is not exactly meant to be worn at all. The base one is just a material required to obtain the upgraded and actual set from NPCs in Azphel's Sanctuary in Norsvold/Ariel's Sanctuary in Iluma, along with Golden Wing Marks.

Okey see now...so I really need to buy it from the broker like they said or I can try CoE again without buying it? The problem which we has in pt, was that we never had a tank. I think that was a main problem. Ppl did not concentrated on ads as well. I think...that was main reason why we died. I think...

Wait. the basic apollon gear can be upgraded to the good one. You will need golden wing marks and there are npcs in Illuma/norsvold main city who do that job. Try to check if the golden wing marks are not so expensive and maybe will be better for you to upgrade the items that you have without manastones slots. (compare the price between the golden wing marks you will need and the upgraded item both on broker). Usually for weapons and chestpieces is worth to upgrade yourself the items. Still check and compare for all of them. 

And nope. Will be hard for you to do CoE in a basic gear. I know that in Aion we used to run the instances to get the gear. But now you need the gear to do the instances who give it :P
Still maybe you can be carried if you have luck. 

4 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

Okey see now...so I really need to buy it from the broker like they said or I can try CoE again without buying it? The problem which we has in pt, was that we never had a tank. I think that was a main problem. Ppl did not concentrated on ads as well. I think...that was main reason why we died. I think...

Just buy the Wing Marks and upgrade the gear you bought already, they're not expensive. Apollon gear is almost free and you can heal any endgame instance on it. Don't need to enchant it, only use HP 100 stones and you're ready to go. Get Apollon Accesories too, and a mace/shield with good HP.

If you're running CoE 2 bosses you don't really need geared ppl, just know the fight mechanics. Eye boss everyone should be on adds as soon as they spawn, if you're a little squishy and your dps is bad have people focus them 1 by 1 so there's less adds hitting you at once (you'll instantly get heal aggro if you're doing it right). For second boss, you'll also get heal aggro and in this case, your dps should ignore the adds; it is your job to position in a way the adds walk on the water pools (water circles on the ground), the adds lose HP while standing on those —and so do you, so watch it and stand on the limit. If you're running with a chanter who gets heal aggro, make sure they do the same. Second boss add management is healers responsability. Last boss you won't be able to run without voice coordination, but you don't need to. Just spam AoE and CoE two bosses, rest of the easy instances, extract mythic gear and sell the Chronos Stones and temperings/omegas that might drop.

As a healing cleric, you don't need to enchant your gear for PVE. Just level up, or focus on getting your essence points up by acquiring enchanted essence cores. Good essence point administration is key, so is practicing your area heals, as in current  dungeons bosses do area dmg all the time. Ripple of Healing is your best friend, it's a spammeable area that can't be interrupted, try to get enough essence points for it.

Also, you don't need a tank to run any instance, but it really helps if whoever is tanking is using pve def gear. Don't feel bad if people die because they insist on dpsing on their pvp gear. DPS tend to believe they just need one good pvp set, and while their offensive stats might be higher , if they're eating dirt all the time because they get one shot by areas their dps will be shit. This applies more to endgame instances, but yeah.

For XP run every instance every week, specially Adma/Theo, DL and Fallen Poeta. Last bosses give nice XP and if you're doing the side and pink quests those add nice XP too. Leveling's become easier but don't stress it too much on going to 75. You can run endgame instances on 74 no problem, just make sure gear, essence point allocation and skills are good.

What avout Archives then? Can I will be able to do it without Apollon gear or still need it? Well decided to change server to play with my friends and I am now without any milions xD so it will be hard to buy anytging without kinah. I heard that simewhere in Norsv is a guy who selling Apollon for medals. Can u tell me where can i find him and where i will get quests for medals? And can u also tell me how can iI get full gear for Archdava,as heard that is good to start with before Apollon. Some ppl told me that i can buy kt from the broker and is not expensive. But archdave need to be upgraded to 15 or could be 10 to do CoE?

6 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

What avout Archives then? Can I will be able to do it without Apollon gear or still need it? Well decided to change server to play with my friends and I am now without any milions xD so it will be hard to buy anytging without kinah. I heard that simewhere in Norsv is a guy who selling Apollon for medals. Can u tell me where can i find him and where i will get quests for medals? And can u also tell me how can iI get full gear for Archdava,as heard that is good to start with before Apollon. Some ppl told me that i can buy kt from the broker and is not expensive. But archdave need to be upgraded to 15 or could be 10 to do CoE?

Apollon gear came out after Archives of Eternity instance was in the game. You can do the instance without that gear.

7 hours ago, Anadi-KT said:

And can u also tell me how can iI get full gear for Archdava,as heard that is good to start with before Apollon

Apollon gear IS archdaeva gear. Any 66+ gear that is marked as "archdaeva" in its item description is -- and there are many different "brands" of archdaeva gear. Apollon, Labyrinth, Frigida, Harvester, Adma, Laboratory, etc. These are all archdaeva gears of varying usefulness. The archdaeva label just means that you cannot use it unless you are at least level 66 (an archdaeva).

And yes, you can buy these on the broker or from other players as they are tradeable.

Laboratory (from Theo instance) and Adma gear are useless, not even as good as your free level 55 gear that you get from Enshar/Cygnea. They are only used for disenchanting to get crafting and chronos stones.

Labyrinth gear comes from Archives of Eternity. It's a little bit better than the 55 gear. You can do CoE in this gear if the rest of your group is decent. As a cleric, you will struggle to heal your group (and stay alive yourself) in this gear, especially on the first boss. The second boss is a bit easier to heal.

Frigida gear comes from the mass instance which occurs on Sundays called Dredgion Defense (accessed by the little cave icon by your skill bars). There is regular orange Frigida gear, then Pure Frigida, then Sophisticated Frigida. These gears are technically around the same level as Apollon gear, but they are obsolete now because A) it's very hard to get the best Sophisticated Frigida gear as a drop and a pain to purify from the lower versions of Frigida and B) everyone is aiming for Harvester/Master Harvester now.

Apollon gear comes from Cradle of Eternity and Trials of Eternity, as you are aware. :) It is the third best gear in the game for PVE right now.

Harvester gear comes from Bastion of Souls. You'll need to be level 73-75 to run this instance and have at least 20k HP unbuffed ideally. This is the second best PVE gear.

Master Harvester (comes from purifying the regular Harvester) is the best PVE gear in the game right now.

Archived