Beyond the Windstream: Producer’s Letter – February 2018

Gideon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the removal of old zones; a lot of classic world-bosses and skins will be lost in the process. The return of Tiamaranta's Eye is awesome, but it'd be even better to see Katalam, Danaria, and Tiamaranta return entirely. I also look forward to 80% of the Evergale Crowd mysteriously disappearing from the game when XIGNCODE3 hits.

4 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

You do realise Aion is doing bad in 6.0 Korea, there needs to be some pretty big changes for it to being even good for NA client. No one wants maps to get deleted, we saw how that happened in 4.8 which decimated our population. The best thing is to avoid 6.0 altogether, since Korea they are facing a population crisis. Their Economy changes are designed to counter bots for which they have been allowing while here in NA, bots are almost non-existent. Do not take away our freedom to trade other players, that's like saying we're not allowed to use eBay, Amazon or Gumtree.

You need to understand 6.0 is very bad, that it heavily outweighs the any good about it. Listen I worked with {CM} Phenteo and {CC} Trine and {CC} Nyx long ago in the past, I can help you understand how these changes will be detrimental to all of us.

The anti- cheat though is very nice to hear, I want that Mlaki-KT banned, animation hacking and account trading as well.

Oh really? Lmfao this is the biggest BS i've read on aion forums the past years. 6.0 brings back the "play2gear" system, not as good as old days when the top players had the gear cap but still bring Aion back to life because you really need to play and go to pvp to get pvp gears. Been playing this game since 2.0 and i always had decent gear just doing pvp stuff and some pve like eso/satra to farm ap. The 5.x trade system just allowed lazyass ppl to get the best gear and the best stuff just using the credit card skills.  Im so so so sorry for you not being able to do this anymore with 6.0 system:

jsedhq5.png

sdHcAhO.png

I'm free to play, I haven't spent since that scam of an event Power of the Plumes event back in September 2016. I don't see why everyone needs to have a go at me, cause I'm simply smarter as a player. My gear is all I earned, so stop with this rubbish that I bought it cause I didn't.

Mad that I'm Australian are you?

14 minutes ago, Horuz-DN said:

Oh really? Lmfao this is the biggest BS i've read on aion forums the past years. 6.0 brings back the "play2gear" system, not as good as old days when the top players had the gear cap but still bring Aion back to life because you really need to play and go to pvp to get pvp gears. Been playing this game since 2.0 and i always had decent gear just doing pvp stuff and some pve like eso/satra to farm ap. The 5.x trade system just allowed lazyass ppl to get the best gear and the best stuff just using the credit card skills.  Im so so so sorry for you not being able to do this anymore with 6.0 system:

jsedhq5.png

sdHcAhO.png

bigger problem is that it's probably restored a bajillion times. i'm glad 6.0 is doing away with that

That 'Daeva Dash' event reads like such an impending clusternyerk. *facedesks* I wonder who decided that traversing Aion's terrain really fast is such an excellent part of the game that it's worth making a racing event out of it. Are there any special prizes for getting stuck in walls?

1 hour ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I'm free to play, I haven't spent since that scam of an event Power of the Plumes event back in September 2016. I don't see why everyone needs to have a go at me, cause I'm simply smarter as a player. My gear is all I earned, so stop with this rubbish that I bought it cause I didn't.

Mad that I'm Australian are you?

Well i wonder how any free2play can sell 51 knowledge +11 stones for half of the market price and still keep 30 on broker. Maybe you’re too smart to bypass some game mechanics but thats not the point on this topic. Coming here to put down one of the biggest updates that is changing almost everything in the game with some info that u get from some mystic fonts... thats the point. Aion is dying on NA with all the veteran players leaving and all we need is a big change. Even if it comes To kill or to revive the game.

Such hypocrisy 

so I need some  reply @Cyan.1. Will this anti cheat program ban us for using  bp,wtfast and such? What will happen if it does,to us players who lives on the other side of the world ?

2.Will this ban for using shugo console ? 

3.Will this prevent us from using dual client?

17 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

That 'Daeva Dash' event reads like such an impending clusternyerk. *facedesks* I wonder who decided that traversing Aion's terrain really fast is such an excellent part of the game that it's worth making a racing event out of it. Are there any special prizes for getting stuck in walls?

Still a creative idea compared to defending three towers and killing a bunch of mobs. :P

I hope they get the fixed version or they actually tested thing properly and won't make the same mistake GF made.

How it was in EU (event was 1 week ago):

- you could get stuck perma dead

- depending on which side you spawned you didn't have access to 2 of the custom skills

- you can get stuck in the terrain in some parts of the instance

- you can get stuck on the bottom ground under the instance path without dying

- you can get stuck gliding over a part

- godstones work, so you can paralyze people or root them

- if they allow low levels to do it as well (they did in EU), when you go against 65+ players all your custom skills will be resisted 90% of the time. So you can't slow/stun the enemy team.

- people can and do afk in the instance

I'm probably missing some, those are just what happened to me.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, if the instance server lags (it did massively in EU) you can end up with 4 ppl inside the instance instead of 3 AND you can get multiple rewards at the end. The highest I know of is 1 guy getting 9 reward bags with 3 keys.

4 hours ago, Devorer-DN said:

Will XIGNCODE3 affect players using ping reducer programs? Are we allowed to use ping reducer programs to improve our internet connection to the servers? I think everyone in the community would like an official confirmation on this because half the population will get suspended/banned next week if it's not allowed.

I wish to know this too, please.

I live in Australia and I use Battleping, if I do not use a ping reducer I won't be able to play Aion the lag is unbelievable ......I cannot play with a ping that goes from 400 and up!

Plus I would like to know if the destruction of your weapons/armours items will continue, this thing is driving me away from the game I tried "only" three times and lost nice items just at my "first" try! Of course, I never tried again, but why did you introduce a thing like this? Aion is a game and should be nice to play and not make players upset!

4 minutes ago, Ninthtempering-KT said:

There are ways in game to ensure 100% success rate, ask on LFG. Gear should only be breaking after +15 not before.

there's also the problem with that not being communicated very well through in-game systems. It's a new player trap as much as the hidden supplement-kinah paying thing, and coalescence increasing kinah cost after 3 attempts

3 hours ago, Raxu-KT said:

I don't like the removal of old zones; a lot of classic world-bosses and skins will be lost in the process. The return of Tiamaranta's Eye is awesome, but it'd be even better to see Katalam, Danaria, and Tiamaranta return entirely. I also look forward to 80% of the Evergale Crowd mysteriously disappearing from the game when XIGNCODE3 hits.

In regards to world bosses, a lot of them were moved to the new map and were changed to lv75-80. I'm not familiar with their names but I do see some of them around. 

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

Greetings Daevas!

It’s been a busy few months for Aion. We kicked off 2018 with our 5.8 launch, Aion: Heart of Frost, while in Korea, our mother studio launched the next chapter – Aion 6.0. While Aion 5.8 brought many new additions and changes, it also introduced some issues which we are working on with the dev team.

Aion 6.0

It’s exciting to see so much discussion about Aion 6.0 since it was announced and subsequently launched. With the 6.0 update, Aion Korea has transitioned from a subscription model to a free-to-play model, along with making sweeping changes to game systems, landscape, and more. You may be wondering what does this mean for our service and how does it impact you as a player?

First, a lot of really awesome things are coming – for a few examples, enchantment will become less risky and character leveling will be streamlined with a much easier progression curve. There are some pretty significant economy changes as well, so we are working with the dev team to identify how they will affect players and how we can improve the transition. The key to any major update is properly taking care of the veteran players who have stuck with us this whole time, who love Aion and have made it their home. Our aim is that the transition into the changed Atreia of 6.0 is as smooth as possible, and that all our players find a game that feels renewed, engaging, and fun, while retaining the unmistakable soul of Aion.

XIGNCODE3

In a previous producer’s letter, I briefly mentioned another project that should improve our player experience, and we’re finally at a point where we can make a public announcement. Over the past several months, our development, security and operations teams have been hard at work implementing XIGNCODE3 with the North American Aion client.

XIGNCODE3 is a powerful anti-cheat tool that is being utilized in another of NCSOFT’s titles, Blade & Soul, and this launch is a major step for us in addressing the hacking situation in Aion. We’ve kept in touch with the Blade & Soul team regarding the various challenges and successes they’ve had since launching XIGNCODE3, and are dedicated to ensuring the best possible experience for our players. Look for more information on this very soon.

XIGNCODE3 for Aion will be released with the February 21st patch.

Up Next

We’re still a ways off from Aion 6.0 launching in the West, but in the meantime we’re excited to have a few brand new events coming up over the next few months. Among these are Daeva Dash, a special 3v3 racing instance, and the return of Tiamaranta’s Eye.

Thanks for reading!

You never looked players who use hack with the same eyes, there are several players and videos of the same using hack and nothing was done, we Mlaki KT, Medivac, Choco that had until video showing how to use a macro program, but you simply kick of the game that it has never been done in such a way of punishing really hackers.... but to punish the hackers who are not p2w..

2 hours ago, 2s346B13-DN said:

so I need some  reply @Cyan.1. Will this anti cheat program ban us for using  bp,wtfast and such? What will happen if it does,to us players who lives on the other side of the world ?

2.Will this ban for using shugo console ? 

3.Will this prevent us from using dual client?

Shugo its third program?? Yes shugo its third program he give u max max zoom its normal game?? NOOOO

Seek to know a little more about ping reducer friend!

To open 2 clients You do not need a third program

Do not confuse things Macro and a third-party program!

2 hours ago, StarWebIcarii-KT said:

I wish to know this too, please.

I live in Australia and I use Battleping, if I do not use a ping reducer I won't be able to play Aion the lag is unbelievable ......I cannot play with a ping that goes from 400 and up!

Plus I would like to know if the destruction of your weapons/armours items will continue, this thing is driving me away from the game I tried "only" three times and lost nice items just at my "first" try! Of course, I never tried again, but why did you introduce a thing like this? Aion is a game and should be nice to play and not make players upset!

Battleping still works with Xigncode3 BDO use it and i can still use things like battleping and other vpn programs. I would suggest using Mudfish its a pay per use or 1 dollar 75 aud per month or something like that and it should get you better ping results in game then Battle ping and other games like that do.

I'd really love to keep being able to launch two clients, please. In the KR 6.0 patch notes there was already mentioned that you will be able to launch just one client, which is quite painful for a majority of the community. Would be awesome if you review this matter. ;/

@FreiraCurandera-KT I do not get your replies lol..First of all I never said we need third party to open up dual client,I wanted to know  cause BNS  has this feature.that won't allow you to open dual client It uses that anti hack program as well.second  I know what is macro and what is third party.and third  I know shugo console is a third party program  but they do not ban for this.You're the one confused,I had 3 questions for which I was clarifying things.

2 hours ago, 2s346B13-DN said:

@FreiraCurandera-KT I do not get your replies lol..First of all I never said we need third party to open up dual client,I wanted to know  cause BNS  has this feature.that won't allow you to open dual client It uses that anti hack program as well.second  I know what is macro and what is third party.and third  I know shugo console is a third party program  but they do not ban for this.You're the one confused,I had 3 questions for which I was clarifying things.

Shugo console is not bannable? It is a client enhancer that gives you a different and more beneficial field of view. What if someone uses a hack for anti-hide then? It changes the view of your client in the same sense shugo console takes advantage of client hacking.

The reason they don't ban you is because it is not an obvious and direct hack, it is not like you attack faster or that you glide upwards, so they can see you and catch you. They will also not be able to ban you if you use an anti-hide hack as long as you play smart and not start following people in hide. Zoom hacks, camera hacks and all, are still hacks.
~~~~
Back to the subject

I am glad with the anti-hack thing. But I will never forget how successful Katala, Danaria, Idian Depths and Tiamaranta were when they decided to delete those and give us Norsvold and Illuma. Deleting maps and bringing new doesn't mean it will be good.

But thi sis how they sound: "the client will still give the ability to use no animation hack, but we will do our best to pretend you from using it". In short they are not trying to fix a problem, they try to push it under the rag and prevent hackers from using it. But hackers don't care, they will always find ways

8 hours ago, Horuz-DN said:

sdHcAhO.png

How the hell is it possible to make a +38 item, don't they break? And does it give additional pvp stats if overenchanted?

Tis is why I cannot kill all those pro players that get in our areas and kill a whole group alone. I think the max enchant cap is a good thing in the end.

12 hours ago, Magikarp-DN said:

What does this mean for using Shugo Console to modify the field of view (FoV) settings? I'm asking for a friend

Shugo console is a third-party tool and there's a chance it may get blocked by the anti-cheat.

11 hours ago, MelbourneDerby-KT said:

How are Norsvold and Iluma useless maps?

How were Katalam and Danaria useless maps? 4.8 all over again.

Norsvold and Iluma aren't useless, it's the other 5.x mechanics that are, for example gear breaking upon enchanting. They are removed because Archdaeva system gets removed in 6.0

Dual-client might be an issue with this anti-cheat, but from what I see, they're simply following Korea's steps, they already have GameGuard and in 6.0 you can only run 1 client at a time. I've worked as a GM before, and I know how things technically should be done. A simple anti-cheat won't prevent cheaters, especially when you can just google out the cheats and have various websites list the tools needed. A simple anti-cheat doesn't mean the Staff can't just "brush their hands, sit back and relax", in fact, the Staff should be out checking the logs and investigating with further detail to catch the cheater, then ban him permanently.

A ban for 2-3 days or maybe 1 month will not stop them from cheating. Once a hacker, always a hacker. 

I suggest you guys actually increase your staffing members and deal with this issue appropriately. This is why Aion flops so much in the West, and it will flop even worse once 6.0 comes.

10 hours ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Now it is 

24o1eo.jpg

9 hours ago, Horuz-DN said:

jsedhq5.png

sdHcAhO.png

Now THIS makes sense. ROTFL. Hopefully all these lazy wallet heroes will go away. Not like purchasing kinah from bots gives NCSoft any benefit.

Archived