Forums

Beyond the Windstream: Producer’s Letter – February 2018

Gideon

@Cyan / @Hime or even @Gideon
With all due respect, but I believe one of you at least should be checking this thread and answering some of the questions people have about this XIGNCODE thing.
It's only fair that you can, as our only reliable link to NCSoft, ensure us, the players, that our data (even OFF THE GAME data, as some say, mind you) won't be sent/shared/suspiciously accessed by some asian company due your choice of Antihacking Tool and, therefore, you should probably speak up about the topic as it's something we're all to a certain degree concerned about. (I mean, your developers did work on it, maybe you found a workaround for that?)
About VPN (battleping at least) as Cheesecake pointed out, people are using it fine on BnS and should not be a problem here.
Also do tell us about multiclienting, although I think there shouldn't be any issues with it?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Laraya-KT said:

@Cyan / @Hime or even @Gideon
With all due respect, but I believe one of you at least should be checking this thread and answering some of the questions people have about this XIGNCODE thing.
It's only fair that you can, as our only reliable link to NCSoft, ensure us, the players, that our data (even OFF THE GAME data, as some say, mind you) won't be sent/shared/suspiciously accessed by some asian company due your choice of Antihacking Tool and, therefore, you should probably speak up about the topic as it's something we're all to a certain degree concerned about. (I mean, your developers did work on it, maybe you found a workaround for that?)
About VPN (battleping at least) as Cheesecake pointed out, people are using it fine on BnS and should not be a problem here.
Also do tell us about multiclienting, although I think there shouldn't be any issues with it?

^ Agree with both bold points. 

We need some assurances and we can only get them from you.

21 hours ago, Heat-KT said:

@Gideon and @Cyan sorry but as a songweaver I am very worried about hack detection. Previously similar animation-detecting program (aidps) gave false-positives on healing skills.. I am  healing a lot on this game, and if I heard correctly, this xingcode insta-bans you if they detect any animation malfunction. It would be really pain if I go into first instance of the day, my usual healspec and get banned. See examples:

http://i.imgur.com/V4mkH9a.jpg

Looking forward for any confirmation that songweaver healspec isn't going to be affected by false-positives.

I don´t really get your concern. If you´re legit player, you shouldn´t even be worried about it. Indeed Aidps indeed was buggy, but Xigncode main reason for existence is to scan your pc to search for hack/bot programs, not your internet speed or how buggy bards are. I just got too curious to even answer

2 minutes ago, Mrplatino-DN said:

i got one important question, this new "anti-hack" will bring problems for those people who is using proxys to reduce the ping latency like, battleping, wtfast, or reducethelag? coz i cant play without any of them, game ping goes 200+ without it

People are still able to use those programs in BnS, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to use them in Aion.

17 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I think we shouldn't judge the program until it's implemented.

About spying don't website like youtube,google already spy your computer ? or else how it choose advertisement according to your location and site surfing habit ?

The government allows for the collection of data and sells it to companies so that they can provide advertisements for your liking. Except there is one major thing that separates this new code implementation from the legal spying that companies like Google and Bing are allowed to do: any person can avoid it. You can avoid tracking between websites by simply using Incognito, or a VPN. Obviously, a VPN is the more effective option. With the implementation of this new code, is reads our files and tracks activity while the client is in use, and doesn't give NORMAL people the option to get around it.

Think of this hypothetical scenario: You're entering your card information to buy something from the BCM. And since we already know this new anti-cheat system DOES record keystrokes and DOES use offshore servers not regulated by the government (mainly based in China), what is preventing that data from being easily accessed?

And this is just the most common example I could think of. It's already been confirmed that this software doesn't delete after you uninstall Aion. I see a lot of ways that this could be devastating. Please speak out in every way to prevent the implementation of this anti-cheat system, and call to action Aion developers to start giving punishments to people we KNOW are hacking.

They say the most important aspect of this update is to take care of the veteran playerbase... yet everywhere I look, XIGNCODE has been more detrimental to a game's veteran playerbase (ie. those who speak up about it) than it actually helps. As for me, I won't have an issue with it IF they somehow implemented it to allow running 2 clients. If not, then @Cyan, please pass on a suggestion to NCSoft to let solo players enter instances. This whole "requires a group" thing is so outdated I have no idea why it's still in Aion. 

As for XIGNCODE itself, I'm all for anti-hack solutions, but you guys took the laziest way out, and now there's a good chance you'll see your game suffer because of it. At this point, since it's inevitable, I just wish you handle things with care as to not hurt Aion's already dwindling playerbase, veteran or not.

2 hours ago, Magikarp-DN said:

I've already seen this posted elsewhere. I don't think the problem is people seeing it here. The people that are going to bypass it already know where to find it. Posting it here only shows the devs that it's a problem. i think

There's a thing called "private messaging." It's available on the forums.

That's how you inform the CMs of shit like this.

You don't post it out in public. 90% sure there's even a rule against posting exploits, even with good intentions.

lol not sure if right or not but didn't nc put something in that Aion can't be launched with batch scripts or rainmeter now?  You have to use the nclauncher only and if so is bns same way.  Might be wrong read so many notes over the years

52 minutes ago, Lenalyn-DN said:

They say the most important aspect of this update is to take care of the veteran playerbase... yet everywhere I look, XIGNCODE has been more detrimental to a game's veteran playerbase (ie. those who speak up about it) than it actually helps. As for me, I won't have an issue with it IF they somehow implemented it to allow running 2 clients. If not, then @Cyan, please pass on a suggestion to NCSoft to let solo players enter instances. This whole "requires a group" thing is so outdated I have no idea why it's still in Aion. 

As for XIGNCODE itself, I'm all for anti-hack solutions, but you guys took the laziest way out, and now there's a good chance you'll see your game suffer because of it. At this point, since it's inevitable, I just wish you handle things with care as to not hurt Aion's already dwindling playerbase, veteran or not.

185ebTB.gif

I decided to quit bcos of XIGNCODE implemenatation!

I  dont like my system and myself monitored and scanned all the time! Similar way i don't play any Denuvo Steam games etc.

But i will come back if XIGNCODE will be removed!

Goodbye Aion! (was not happy about upcoming 6.0 char-bound kinah system anyways)...

6 minutes ago, Heuo-DN said:

So does than mean, ShugoConsole wont work on Aion anymore?Unless by passing it

Also no more running 2 clients at the same time?:( 

I don't think we know the answer to either of those questions. Hoping that @Cyan will give us an answer before Wed. Though I am hoping that any attempt to bypass the anti-cheat will result in a ban. We want hackers out of our game. Right? If we want them out then we better hope there is no workaround, otherwise.. why bother?

Dear ncsoft,you arent serious about banning hackers,cheaters or account buyers,because if you were some of the most known player's wouldn't still be around years later.Secondly the player's shouldn't have to constantly give you proof of hacks cheats and account buying trading for real life money.Any half decent publisher polices their own game vigourously.

As long as these hackers,cheaters keep spending thousands you wont ban them,just like you havent for many years,your quite happy to sacrifice any shred of integrity for money plain and simple.

I wish you'd sell na aion to a better publisher,because this game could be turned around easily,but your parent company make's mistake after mistake, troll's it's player base on a regular basis with a range of issue's and is so slow to act on any important issue. And this new program can only be laughed at because i'd lay money on the same hacking cheating bads still being around because you dont want to lose money.

Archived