Beyond the Windstream: Producer’s Letter – February 2018

Gideon

1 hour ago, Aislinng-DN said:

Now THIS makes sense. ROTFL. Hopefully all these lazy wallet heroes will go away. Not like purchasing kinah from bots gives NCSoft any benefit.

Thats very contradictory. First you link a meme that says John has a belief that p2w is an illusion yet you procceed to call him a lazy wallet hero, and even more contradictory you say he buys from gold sellers. If I were a whale and could buy all the ncoin I want, why would I buy kinah from bots and risk getting banned, or say pay 2 win is fake when I bought hundreds if not thousands of dollars of Ncoin?

We should be talking about what Gideon said, not go on some witch hunt on an Australian player that has to play with bad ping all the time.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Gideon said:

XIGNCODE3

XIGNCODE3 is a powerful anti-cheat tool that is being utilized in another of NCSOFT’s titles, Blade & Soul, and this launch is a major step for us in addressing the hacking situation in Aion.

With all due respect, Xigncode is the worst option you could have picked. You named BnS-maybe you should also mention how the community there reacted to it: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/229208-xigncode3/. Or how BDO's and others reacted to it. In short:

• Ping boosters collide with it and cause issues (bye-bye players who relied on VPN services to have a decent ping here = rip pvp).
  • It affects game performance, leading to cases such as reduced FPS.
  • It spies on your computer by scanning and forwarding all files you access while it is running to some Chinese server, and even leaves behind traces if you uninstall the game-which you then have to manually remove.

And as you will find out, there is a reason why it is known as the most easily bypassed 'anti'-hack program ever.

What you guys need is not a new anti-hack program, but to actually start doing something with all these reports that come in about glide/animation hackers and the like. As long as you keep letting them off <24h temporary bans because you don't want to lose famous/active (and paying) players things will never improve.

19 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:
  • It spies on your computer by scanning and forwarding all files you access while it is running to some Chinese server, and even leaves behind traces if you uninstall the game-which you then have to manually remove.

I'm actually concerned about that especially when I'm privacy aware and paranoid.

43 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

With all due respect, Xigncode is the worst option you could have picked.

And as you will find out, there is a reason why it is known as the most easily bypassed 'anti'-hack program ever.

What you guys need is not a new anti-hack program, but to actually start doing something with all these reports that come in about glide/animation hackers and the like. As long as you keep letting them off <24h temporary bans because you don't want to lose famous/active (and paying) players things will never improve.

+1

Those slaps on the wrists to people exploiting FP were pretty telling about how much NC cares to punish hackers. In any case, licensing XIGNCODE3 is just another means of off-loading the work to another party so that they can save money by not hiring additional employees for actual timely surveillance. This is a bandage on a gun-shot wound. It'll help for a couple of weeks (optimistically), but I fear it'll just harm legitimate players and the overall population in the long run.

If you guys want to read what this Xigncode3 does, here is a link:

http://www.wellbia.com/home/en/pages/xigncode3/

So, what I love are:

Detect and reject VPN access (Game management company is able to handle it)

Bye Bye for me, I play outside the US with a normal ping of 300-350, I need to use a tool to lower my ping to 100-125 and be able to play.

Detect auto click

Detect software/hardware macro

No more AFK lol

Detect multi-client

Like really? No more 1 client playing and another one using it as a personal shop.

And a lot more, I think this will be like back in the old days with the GameGuard Fiasco, they had to remove it because too many issues on players. Stop relying on tools that can be easily bypassed and start doing YOUR JOB, hire 1-2 more people exclusively to hunt bots/cheaters. 

This tool in the end will be a pain in the ass for legal players and the illegal ones will easily find ways to bypass it.

@Gideon and @Cyan sorry but as a songweaver I am very worried about hack detection. Previously similar animation-detecting program (aidps) gave false-positives on healing skills.. I am  healing a lot on this game, and if I heard correctly, this xingcode insta-bans you if they detect any animation malfunction. It would be really pain if I go into first instance of the day, my usual healspec and get banned. See examples:

http://i.imgur.com/V4mkH9a.jpg

Looking forward for any confirmation that songweaver healspec isn't going to be affected by false-positives.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, Gideon said:

Up Next

We’re still a ways off from Aion 6.0 launching in the West, but in the meantime we’re excited to have a few brand new events coming up over the next few months. Among these are Daeva Dash, a special 3v3 racing instance, and the return of Tiamaranta’s Eye.

Thanks for reading!

I know NA Aion team picks its own Event prizes, so I would like to make the suggestion of adding Pet Eggs as a possible reward. So many are going to be removed entirely in Aion 6.0. Adding more Pet Eggs to the BC Market Place would be a great move too.

1 hour ago, Heat-KT said:

@Gideon and @Cyan sorry but as a songweaver I am very worried about hack detection. Previously similar animation-detecting program (aidps) gave false-positives on healing skills.. I am  healing a lot on this game, and if I heard correctly, this xingcode insta-bans you if they detect any animation malfunction. It would be really pain if I go into first instance of the day, my usual healspec and get banned. See examples:

http://i.imgur.com/V4mkH9a.jpg

Looking forward for any confirmation that songweaver healspec isn't going to be affected by false-positives.

It wouldn't be fair to compare a fan made third party program to a commercial anti-cheat.  Logically since XIGN has been deployed on countless games they would slowly improve their false positives.  If I recall correctly, XIGN doesn't even ban players.  It throws a bugsplat-esque error and force closes your game if it thinks you're trying to do anything malicious.  It's honestly a very mediocre anti-cheat but it'll keep the script kiddies at bay since they can't do anything but copy paste.  Here's a Black Desert Online XC3 kick

04bc288335.png

Blade&Soul and BDO both use XIGNCODE3 and both are perfectly compatible with ping reducers as the game would be without it.  It's safe to say that Aion will be too, unless they explicitly disallow it or something.

2 hours ago, 1s23641A-KT said:

So, what I love are:

Bye Bye for me, I play outside the US with a normal ping of 300-350, I need to use a tool to lower my ping to 100-125 and be able to play.

No more AFK lol

Like really? No more 1 client playing and another one using it as a personal shop.

And a lot more, I think this will be like back in the old days with the GameGuard Fiasco, they had to remove it because too many issues on players. Stop relying on tools that can be easily bypassed and start doing YOUR JOB, hire 1-2 more people exclusively to hunt bots/cheaters. 

This tool in the end will be a pain in the ass for legal players and the illegal ones will easily find ways to bypass it.

unknown.png

You see that X program is XignCode That fish face program is mudfish. The other 2 eyes program above the discord link is ProxyCap. They work with Xigncode 0 disconnects ever. I used Battleping 0 disconnects Ever.

18 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

I'm free to play, I haven't spent since that scam of an event Power of the Plumes event back in September 2016. I don't see why everyone needs to have a go at me, cause I'm simply smarter as a player. My gear is all I earned, so stop with this rubbish that I bought it cause I didn't.

Mad that I'm Australian are you?

You really make yourself look like a fool every-time you try to say you your free2play,we all know the chances of getting gear that high.We all know you would of used multiple accounts to get restores just like Dior used to.We all know ncsoft aint giving out multiple restore's unless you sink a ton of real life cash into this game.

Must be hard to face the fact your terrible at pvp and instead of using +15 gear like most and +5 accessorys you need such a huge advantage to win.

I hope 6.0 make's it terrible for you and you quit and the people that really want to enjoy pvp without wannabe's like you 2 shotting them quit to some other wallet game.

Enjoy your advantage while it last's +15 gear for all soon it's just a pity they didnt completely wipe plume's and braclets as well.

Truly why do you even play a pvp game if need that bigger of advantage, most legit player's would probaly wipe the floor with you.Please stop saying your some smart player many people know how to make kinah ,get omega's and temper's but everyone knows getting restore's or gear that high doesn't come by F2play.

No more multi-clienting with xingcode3? Ok this one is actually good for pvp instances. Everybody cries about afks and many of them are alts, (example zerotolerance-kt is going evergale with 2 accs and both afk) & opposite faction's alts for sabotaging our queues. Also we will see what will happen to shugo console and mostly many of players with high end pc wont be happy if it is not allowed. Input lags can impact the game like regular lags.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Raxu-KT said:

I don't like the removal of old zones; a lot of classic world-bosses and skins will be lost in the process. The return of Tiamaranta's Eye is awesome, but it'd be even better to see Katalam, Danaria, and Tiamaranta return entirely. I also look forward to 80% of the Evergale Crowd mysteriously disappearing from the game when XIGNCODE3 hits.

I really hope that they can do something about the afk issue in Evergale.  These people are ruining the experience for people that want to play and participate.  They are hoping for a 4k loss but more than likely it is a total loss with nothing gained.  Everyone is trying to upgrade for 6.0 and the soulstones are important to those of us that prefer to pvp rather than afk.  Please Please allow a kick from this instance or do something that rewards based on participation, not just being in the instance.  Add a feature to right click and report someone afk by the vice and captains, then after enough reports that isp is banned for say 3 weeks from entering.  This would definitely slow them down.  Allowing a 3 or 4 alliance premade to go together and then have one battle field for the quick entries if you don't want to upset the snowflake afk crowd.  I for one am sick of the afk problem and want NC Soft to do something.  

14 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

This worries me as well... as I found more about it and the quote below makes me really wonder about this program.

"You should be more concerned that they log all files and paths that you modified in the last ~48 hours and all executable's with prefetch files into their logs.  There's also a number of other intrusive things it does like monitoring text your type while the game is running, which can be found in other threads."

12 hours ago, Devilyth-KT said:

No more multi-clienting with xingcode3? Ok this one is actually good for pvp instances. Everybody cries about afks and many of them are alts, (example zerotolerance-kt is going evergale with 2 accs and both afk) & opposite faction's alts for sabotaging our queues. Also we will see what will happen to shugo console and mostly many of players with high end pc wont be happy if it is not allowed. Input lags can impact the game like regular lags.

Zerotolerance sorc and cleric.... yep ive seen both alot.

9 hours ago, Klammdyn-DN said:

I really hope that they can do something about the afk issue in Evergale.  These people are ruining the experience for people that want to play and participate.  They are hoping for a 4k loss but more than likely it is a total loss with nothing gained.  Everyone is trying to upgrade for 6.0 and the soulstones are important to those of us that prefer to pvp rather than afk.  Please Please allow a kick from this instance or do something that rewards based on participation, not just being in the instance.  Add a feature to right click and report someone afk by the vice and captains, then after enough reports that isp is banned for say 3 weeks from entering.  This would definitely slow them down.  Allowing a 3 or 4 alliance premade to go together and then have one battle field for the quick entries if you don't want to upset the snowflake afk crowd.  I for one am sick of the afk problem and want NC Soft to do something.  

+1

On 16/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, MsMagnaCarta-DN said:

Thats very contradictory. First you link a meme that says John has a belief that p2w is an illusion yet you procceed to call him a lazy wallet hero, and even more contradictory you say he buys from gold sellers. If I were a whale and could buy all the ncoin I want, why would I buy kinah from bots and risk getting banned, or say pay 2 win is fake when I bought hundreds if not thousands of dollars of Ncoin?

We should be talking about what Gideon said, not go on some witch hunt on an Australian player that has to play with bad ping all the time.

I don't care about his RL issues. I play with South American ping, which is very similar to Australian ping, and that's no excuse for cheating or RMTing. And the irony is what makes this situation so entertaining. He did say p2w was an illusion and that he got all his gear without spending a dime, which is obviously a lie.

Don't feel sorry about players with high ping. Ping is not an issue when you know your class and game mechanics. And if he can buy kinah and Ncoin, I'm sure he can spend a few dollars on a ping reducer.

19 hours ago, 1s23641A-KT said:

So, what I love are:

No more AFK lol

Well this sucks. Don't care about the AFK thing but not being able to use VPN sucks, even for North America players that use it. Some people have latency variation issues that these programs fix. And there's already a way to bypass the two clients limits by legal means, wonder if it will affect that too, or people that play with multiple accounts from the same IP, like say, my husband and I.

If the most used cheat program already bypassed it, then what's the use? Detect some brs who use a free radarhack? Not like they can beat anyone anyways. Will it detect those who deleted certain game files to avoid animations? That's been the OLDEST even undetectable by aiDPS trick that chinese players have been using for years. They wouldn't turn up orange but instead their skills animation speed would not show up at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but knowing NCWest and their way to implement things, I'm afraid it'll make more harm than good.

8 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

About spying don't website like youtube,google already spy your computer ? or else how it choose advertisement according to your location and site surfing habit ?

Those services are more interested in your viewing/searching/"+1 like" or online history for advertisement purposes. Xigncode meanwhile actively 'scans' the files on your pc, i.e. your offline behavior, and that is crossing the line for me.

Don't get me wrong, I know the governments can easily grant themselves access to your machine or phone if they desire it (every OS/CPU/you name it comes with a number of backdoors for that purpose - example), but for me personally some obscure Chinese company is the last I'd entrust with any of my data whatsoever.

What I am made to see with their choice for Xigncode is this: "Look guys, we're doing something to make things better for you!".

While what I see in reality in this: "We are not going to actually hire more people, step up our game on your reports, or do something about our lackluster punishment policy for hackers. But hey, we'll do this to make it seem like we are trying to improve things".

Archived