Beyond the Windstream: Producer’s Letter – February 2018

Gideon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Aislinng-DN said:

Do you know if they can run programs like aidpsmeter or ARM, and if they've got any issues with keyboard/mouse macro software like Razer Synapse, Logitech, etc.?

Ok one of my friends uses the aidpsmeter. And i have Razer mouse and none issue. I also know who uses the Logitech. But that also depends on what and how you have them configurated. Also we dont know if the XINCODE parameters on BnS will be the same on Aion....

On 2/16/2018 at 1:27 AM, Johngunmad-KT said:

You do realise Aion is doing bad in 6.0 Korea, there needs to be some pretty big changes for it to being even good for NA client. No one wants maps to get deleted, we saw how that happened in 4.8 which decimated our population. The best thing is to avoid 6.0 altogether, since Korea they are facing a population crisis. Their Economy changes are designed to counter bots for which they have been allowing while here in NA, bots are almost non-existent. Do not take away our freedom to trade other players, that's like saying we're not allowed to use eBay, Amazon or Gumtree.

You need to understand 6.0 is very bad, that it heavily outweighs the any good about it. Listen I worked with {CM} Phenteo and {CC} Trine and {CC} Nyx long ago in the past, I can help you understand how these changes will be detrimental to all of us.

The anti- cheat though is very nice to hear, I want that Mlaki-KT banned, animation hacking and account trading as well.

Do you really think Aion 6 is bad? I'm NOT trying to say it's good, I've never played it, only heard about it, and I feel like living my last several months in the game, because it's going to delete such beautiful locations as Morheim and Brusthonin! :( I love Winter in Morheim, I love Mount Musphel with its brutally-fiery landscapes and awesome music (Slag Bulwark, platforms on the way to Fire Temple, Crash Site)! Brusthonin and Theobomos are extremely exciting and beautiful at the hours of Vortex - black-orange sky, and also wonderful music! In the Carobian Coast (North Brusthonin) is the best music (along with the Abyss music) "Winds Of Destiny" and my favourite campaigns/quests 'Showdown with Destiny' and 'The Captain's Hat' where we have to glide from a platform to a ship above geysers, which is especially beautiful in the hours of the Vortex! (Saturday, Sunday). It's terrible to lose these places! :( They even plan to remove Norsvold? Aetheric Gales, with brutal volcanic places, evil Acolytes on platforms, performing sacrifices, is my favourite place in Norsvold and also has the best music in Norsvold! Morheim also have beautiful cut scenes in 'Taisan's Request' and 'Necklace War'. While having many toons, I try to do these favourite quests on many of them and record cut scenes and other video about them (different hair and gear colors, differnet classes, genders). Are NCSoft going to replace these locations in any way after deleting them? So far they didn't do so in the full volume. When they removed 4 locations in 2015, including the wintery Danaria, and the wonderful music 'ANcient Forest' that played in Katalam, - they didn't give us another wintery location and didn't include the 'Ancient Forest' music anywhere in newer locations! :( With what are they going to replace the black-orange sky at the times of Vortex in Brusthonin and Theobomos, and the music from there?? If they don't, it's a degradation of the game! :( BTW, it would also be nice to return the fiery color of the Abyss, like it was on up to 4.8, cause this monotoneous blue color has been for quite long and became boring! Also, the absence of pvp on siege (reset Forts to Balaur) is boring too so I rarely go to siege, compared to 2015-2016 when factions could win forts from each other or defend forts.

6 minutes ago, Infliction-DN said:

DUDE so did I ... NYX Is amazeballs... were you at the 3.0 interview???? I forgot char names 

No. T_T I met them at the PAX Prime parties.

I got to be in the MXM Q&A segment for their launch livestream a few months ago, so I got to meet Hime, Cyan, Valor (again lol), Sunshine, and a few others at the California office. It was fun!

58 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

No. T_T I met them at the PAX Prime parties.

I got to be in the MXM Q&A segment for their launch livestream a few months ago, so I got to meet Hime, Cyan, Valor (again lol), Sunshine, and a few others at the California office. It was fun!

Oooo how is that MOBA?   That's dope I am JELLY!

3 hours ago, Infliction-DN said:

Oooo how is that MOBA?   That's dope I am JELLY!

MxM was great, until NCSoft made some really really bad decisions. Alongside a few weeks of unstable servers immediately after launch, it was just too much for players to put up with, which led to NA servers being shut down. 

Annnndd @Cheesecake-DN I watched that Q&A you were on. Your Innowin cosplay was great xD

9 hours ago, Lenalyn-DN said:

MxM was great, until NCSoft made some really really bad decisions. Alongside a few weeks of unstable servers immediately after launch, it was just too much for players to put up with, which led to NA servers being shut down. 

Annnndd @Cheesecake-DN I watched that Q&A you were on. Your Innowin cosplay was great xD

That's unfortunate ?

On 24/2/2018 at 0:01 PM, Mirei-KT said:

"We think these changes will be beneficial to the game in the long run"  -NCWest

Of course they have to say that. Do you think is normal to see an offical comment "We think the changes will be awful but we do not know what to do to solve things" ?

I would like to ask them what changed inside NCSoft or NCWest to make them think in that way? Are the dev´s team a new one? Are they taking advice from the old people who made great games in the company? Are they receiving some kind of help from somebody? Did they started playing Aion to learn how the game works and what is better?

What is different now?

They said the same thing about all the updates in the last 3 years. They also said that being on Steam was for the best. They said that MxM was really good and they made all the plans to make it work (maybe the game was a good idea, but was managed so badly and the servers weren´t prepared for a MOBA). We are facing failure after failure since some years ago. And they always said the same thing. Why this time is different? Please Gydeon, tell us how do you know it will be beneficial this time.

23 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Of course they have to say that. Do you think is normal to see an official comment "We think the changes will be awful but we do not know what to do to solve things" ?

Just to be on the same page, I specifically replied to Cheesecake with that quote because it is an insider joke among MxM players. It's just that and I posted it as only that-a joke. 

You're free to take that quote out of its context by applying it to Aion and treating it as something warrants a serious reply, but please don't put words into my mouth if you choose to do so.

There is a big difference between posting the video here at the forums where players can find a new/better way to keep cheating and posting in a pm to Cyan/Gideon/Hime etc.... telling them what cheaters can do to keep cheating. You dont need to help cheaters, you need to help the community to get rid of them.

1 minute ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

There is a big difference between posting the video here at the forums where players can find a new/better way to keep cheating and posting in a pm to Cyan/Gideon/Hime etc.... telling them what cheaters can do to keep cheating. You dont need to help cheaters, you need to help the community to get rid of them.

its done, dont bother... allready PM them

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Just to be on the same page, I specifically replied to Cheesecake with that quote because it is an insider joke among MxM players. It's just that and I posted it as only that-a joke. 

You're free to take that quote out of its context by applying it to Aion and treating it as something warrants a serious reply, but please don't put words into my mouth if you choose to do so.

I don´t put those words on your mouth. I just used a quote you already did. You are not NCWest. You used as an internal joke with Cheesecake. But in some way you are showing something that we used to see a lot in the last years. Optimistic words about games and changes, and we all know what happens at the end. If you made that post to show the irony, I think we are in the same side. 

Even if those words were used in MxM´s context (by NCWest), you can see that we have the same things in Aion (and probably other games from NCSoft). We saw a lot of complains and people leaving and they said that every change was for the best and will bring to the game (s) a better experience for players. 

A apologize with you if my post seemed to be against you. Not my intention. I took those words as something that NCWest use to say. (and I keeped the NCWest at the end trying to avoid this confusion about the ownership of that). Sorry for the misunderstood Mirei. 

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived