Jump to content
Arhangelos-KT

Where can I get firm balaur horns?

Recommended Posts

I tried the whole Gelkmaros area, I tried some of the enshar ones too.
Did they remove this from drops and if not where do they drop?

I need to make some skins with crafting and sadly this is an essential material, also broker has absolutely none of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

Level restricted:

  • Silentera Canyon
  • The Hexway (Cant remember the level of mobs here...)
  • BT
  • Esoterrace
  • Sullenscale Rive

No restrictions:

  • Rentus Base
  • ORB
  • TS

I think thats it. The Balaur in Hanarkand/Mitrakand dont work anymore because they are level 1 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Level restricted:

  • Silentera Canyon
  • The Hexway (Cant remember the level of mobs here...)
  • BT
  • Esoterrace
  • Sullenscale Rive

No restrictions:

  • Rentus Base
  • ORB
  • TS

I think thats it. The Balaur in Hanarkand/Mitrakand dont work anymore because they are level 1 now.

Thanks man, I will take my lowbie in Silentera then, mentor him and he will get the loot with a Pink Nyako pet. And i'll give a check on the instances you mentioned. I never done any of these so if they are low lvv I will be able to solo them probably, with my 75 lvl sorc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite easily.... BT for legion mates even pre  4.9 I'd go in with a 65 SM and clear out the 3 door bosses in maybe 10-12 minutes.

Dragging some alts through there should be the most reliable means of getting any master level balic materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiatra-KT said:

Quite easily.... BT for legion mates even pre  4.9 I'd go in with a 65 SM and clear out the 3 door bosses in maybe 10-12 minutes.

Dragging some alts through there should be the most reliable means of getting any master level balic materials.

Oh so BT also drops them, because I did Rentus Base solo and it doesn't worth it, I got 2 firm balaur horns only fromt he whole instance.

I'll go BT then. And also any specific mobs in silentera?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the guys in between BT and hexway, out in the open. Maybe even check the canyon in lower left of Gelkmaros, heading to Padma's on foot, a fair few elite/grade 4+ common balaur mobs IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Oh so BT also drops them, because I did Rentus Base solo and it doesn't worth it, I got 2 firm balaur horns only fromt he whole instance.
 

Don't expect a lot from BT either. Just a few per run. BT is much better for fine elemental stones than it is balaur horns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it doesn't take much to be better... low bar even an ant can't limbo under afterall.. going from 2 horns to 5-6 according to NCLogic is a reliable improvementxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kiatra-KT said:

it doesn't take much to be better... low bar even an ant can't limbo under afterall.. going from 2 horns to 5-6 according to NCLogic is a reliable improvementxD

And do you think hard mode gives better drops? P.S. the reason I'd rather go to BT is because all those mobs I practically 1-shoot kill or 2-shoot kill as a sorc with full harvester and the bosses won't be an issue. Rentus base is much harder even for a 75 lvl sorc and I did manage to kill the final boss as well but that was much harder because the levels are higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn a whole BT run, my lowbie got 2 levels, got about 3 inventory bags full of items.... and only 2 firm balaur horns.

That will take a while, I need like 55 or something.

P.S. I had my 55 lvl in group but couldn't mentor him due to lvl restrictions so I kept a lvl 1 in group for my main to be able to turn into a mentor. The boss right before the final boss was so hard to kill, because he transforms you into a soul that you cannot do anything. I died on my main, nobody to dispel it and then I went back in fire form and managed to do it better, I almost died again to be honest. But it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-DN   

You dont have to kill Isbaryia. You only need to kill 3 bosses, and they are just to open the way; Lakhara (first one), Virhana (long-range reflect one) and Taros (horseman). But, anyway. yes, BT seems not to be that effective with balic materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I killed those, so you mean the orb that ports me to the last boss would work without eating that one? I will take notice next time, but I will have a problem with my alt getting agro. Anyway thanks for that infor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie-KT   

If memory serves right i still got thousands of those on one of my mulee-chars

In case you are Elyos/KT I can give some to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×