Jump to content
Cyan

XIGNCODE3

Recommended Posts

Cyan   

During February 21 maintenance, we're going to add a new anti-cheating software named XIGNCODE3, which was mentioned in the Producer's Letter. As with any new feature we’re constantly collecting feedback, any reported issues, and working to address them as quickly as possible.

If you experience any issues with running or playing the game after the maintenance, we ask that you visit the report thread and fill out the template we’ve created to collect more information. In addition, we do still want you to contact our Customer Support team so we can track your issue and work with you to try to find potential issues we can work to resolve on our end.

We have thoroughly tested and vetted XIGNCODE3 in our internal environment. We are confident it is ready in the live environment, but with any deployments, there are risks, and the team is standing by to migate any issues that arise.

Nevertheless, we've seen some concerns over what it is and what it does. We won't disclose how the program works as it’ll provide an insight for cheaters into our processes, but it is a service that boots during game launch and while playing (no software is installed), it does not collect any personally identifiable information we don’t already have from when you registered your NC account, it does not continue to run after the game is closed, and its only purpose is to monitor the Aion game client of any cheating programs or cheating attempts. If you you have been using programs that don't directly interfere or manipulate the Aion game processes, those programs will continue to work the same as before. There will not be any issues with duo-boxing clients either. If you are having issues with XIGNCOD3, please visit our thread here to report any issues you may be experiencing.

We’re looking forward to continuing to refine our methods of detection, and your help and assistance to ensure Aion is a game that supports a spirit of fair play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will not be any issues with duo-boxing clients either. If you are having issues with XIGNCOD3, please visit our thread here to report any issues you may be experiencing.

Yay, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   
4 minutes ago, HolyCailbur-DN said:

will wtfast still work with this?

There should be no issues as long as it does not interfere with the game client process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he heavy? Because I open two accounts and one of them to hold group. I just wanted to know if he's going to weigh heavily on the machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   

It'll obviously more slightly more resources but you could turn down settings, unless you have a powerful computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, yozura-DN said:

can we still use voice packs and fast loading patch after this?

Since those aren't third party programs, I'd think they'd still work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psk-DN   

Well. This is a good thing. With this Anti-Cheat let see how many good "PvEers" or "PvPers" are good as they say. Most likely 20-40% of Aion gamer(s) will quit after this maintenance. Hopefully it will go smoothly. Good job and good luck NC soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about all the talk and posts about it already being bypassed by the most used hack program for aion???  Will something be done to combat this/change it as needed to prevent constant workarounds??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fafa-DN   

Cool.  I think it'll go well.  If you have any issue with the program just contact Medivac - KT elyos.  He is a super smart "tech guy".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we had an aswer about some of our doubts

We will be able to dual box and apparently won´t have conflicts with most of the legal software that we use. (like VPNs, ARM and hardware´s related tools). 

of course we need to think that could be hundreds of them. So is not wise to ask for every one of them. And probably Cyan wont have an answer for every mouse, keyboard or VPN we may have. But according to his words, looks like the policy is to not block legal hardware and to try to include all the possible tools that do not interfere with the game process. So lets wait some hours and lets check what still works and what not. After the maintenance we will see if there are many conflics or if is like having nothing (if we think that cheaters can find a way to bypass it :P )

Even when I enjoy to complain (lol), I hope that I wont be doing that tomorrow :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GodIsALie-KT said:

So unlike bns we can still use razer synapse? And how about shugo console

If I log in and get banned by shugoconsole I wouldn't even be surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cyan said:

We have thoroughly tested and vetted XIGNCODE3 in our internal environment. We are confident it is ready in the live environment, but with any deployments, there are risks, and the team is standing by to migate any issues that arise.

So who were the hackers in your internal environment? We gotta know this so we can shame them Cyan! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   
11 hours ago, GodIsALie-KT said:

So unlike bns we can still use razer synapse? And how about shugo console

Shugo console is a third party tool and it's been already banned in Korea and EU version for giving players view advantage during pvp.

@Cyan just remember a simple anti-cheat system won't stop hackers for getting a workaround. If you guys are serious about catching hackers, you'll need to prove it. Have some GM's walk around Iluma/Norsvold and see how many kisks you can find in unusual places where normally you need gravitation hack. Or how about players can see rangers/assassins in hide mode without using Seed of Detection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, so when i played b n s, it wouldnt start up. after hours and hours of doing research i found out it wouldnt open because of my anti virus. am i going to have the same issue? because i dont wanna have to disable this on and on again and not be able to open my browser to listen to music - _ - . its stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GodIsALie-KT said:

So unlike bns we can still use razer synapse? And how about shugo console

Black desert online uses the same anti-cheat program and sometimes Xigncode gets an update and makes it so you can't use synapse or other macro program and sometimes you can. But don't worry the anti-cheat doesn't make you get banned it just closes the client with a message telling you that there is an unsupported program detected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

So we had an aswer about some of our doubts

We will be able to dual box and apparently won´t have conflicts with most of the legal software that we use. (like VPNs, ARM and hardware´s related tools). 

of course we need to think that could be hundreds of them. So is not wise to ask for every one of them. And probably Cyan wont have an answer for every mouse, keyboard or VPN we may have. But according to his words, looks like the policy is to not block legal hardware and to try to include all the possible tools that do not interfere with the game process. So lets wait some hours and lets check what still works and what not. After the maintenance we will see if there are many conflics or if is like having nothing (if we think that cheaters can find a way to bypass it :P )

Even when I enjoy to complain (lol), I hope that I wont be doing that tomorrow :P 

Black Desert , BnS , Archeage and many more MMO who are working with VPN's do have anti-cheat software so why are we getting questions as these ones bellow?

29 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Shugo console is a third party tool and it's been already banned in Korea and EU version for giving players view advantage during pvp.

@Cyan just remember a simple anti-cheat system won't stop hackers for getting a workaround. If you guys are serious about catching hackers, you'll need to prove it. Have some GM's walk around Iluma/Norsvold and see how many kisks you can find in unusual places where normally you need gravitation hack. Or how about players can see rangers/assassins in hide mode without using Seed of Detection.

Xigncode3 is a good one from what I experienced, its what they use for black desert. Of course, there is always workarounds but Xigncode updates their program every now and then so I think it's going to be beneficial for aion

5 hours ago, Reserve-KT said:

If I log in and get banned by shugoconsole I wouldn't even be surprised

Anti-Cheat program doesn't ban you it simply closes the client if a suspicious program is detected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   
1 hour ago, Dreaming-KT said:

Xigncode3 is a good one from what I experienced, its what they use for black desert. Of course, there is always workarounds but Xigncode updates their program every now and then so I think it's going to be beneficial for aion

It takes a simple google search to see there are people ready to bypass it anyway, which is why I insist on the Staff doing a hunt too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Thank you for answering our most burning questions.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well and some "pro" PvPers are suddenly absent from Evergale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×