XIGNCODE3

Cyan

Just now, Dreaming-KT said:

Or you’re going to hear people crying about anti cheat not working but in reality it’s just people who can’t deal with the fact that they are bad and they can’t afford a good internet plan and a good pc.

Very true. But those are tears we already see, right? I am hoping for some new ones.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be  very invasive. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

A damning quotes from the link:

Game uses "Xing Code" Anti Cheat Rootkit...

Once installed can't be uninstalled by Add & Remove, or Basic Methods even with uninstall of Black Desert, and this is downloaded after launching the game for the first time without asking you.

or those looking for more information, the game silently installs a hidden "service" under the name "xhunter1" loading the binary C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys. The service is set to manual start, so won't run automatically when you boot Windows.

To manually uninstall it, open a command prompt as administrator and run the following commands:

net stop xhunter1
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xhunter1
del C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys

It's set to not show in the list of services. Open "regedit" and look for the path mentioned in my quote. I bet it's there if you've ran the game.

More technically:

The sub key "type" is set to "1", marking it as a kernel mode driver file – therefore it's not shown to the user as the user isn't supposed to block/stop such services.

This also means the service will run with highest access rights on your system, allowing it to (theoretically) access and modify any hardware connected to your computer, including any storage devices, network interfaces (logging outgoing and incoming packets), input devices (key logging), etc.

Edit:

You can also run the following line from any command prompt (doesn't have to run as administrator) to list the service information:

reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xhunter1

The output will look like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xhunter1
DisplayName REG_SZ xhunter1
WOW64 REG_DWORD 0x1
Type REG_DWORD 0x1
Start REG_DWORD 0x3
ErrorControl REG_DWORD 0x1
ImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ \??\C:\WINDOWS\xhunter1.sys

I'm at work but to anyone who started playing after the patch please verify this.

6 minutes ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be a root kit. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

I'm at work but to anyone who started playing after the patch please verify this.

Why are you so scared that ncsoft knows what you do ? 

2 minutes ago, Dreaming-KT said:

Why do they need to know what I do? Besides, the code remains and the service runs even if you uninstall the game, just like we found it with Street Fighter 5 and the people who played Black Desert Online. Finally, any of the cheat writers know how to code, they'll bypass it and still cheat and the rest of us get screwed as usual.

8 minutes ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be  very invasive. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

Confirmed.

File is on my system and created when I updated Aion.

1 hour ago, DaHurr-DN said:

Confirmed.

File is on my system and created when I updated Aion.

Damn it

1 hour ago, yess-DN said:

[removed]

Yeah like I thought, any cheater worth their salt will bypass this. Gameguard and its ilk are useless.

Furthermore, the software sends information to a remote sever as it scans. Where is this information going and to who?

6 minutes ago, Dreaming-KT said:

So I'm not speaking for @Lambdachi-DN, but I will speak for myself. I have Aion installed on my home computer, obviously, and I also have it installed on my work computer. I'm a project manager at a firm that manages military construction. Needless to say, I see some files that are absolutely confidential through my career. I cannot have a program scanning my work computer.

I don't care about my home computer, and I will continue to play on that computer. But I am going to have to uninstall Aion from my work computer. (Goodbye, afking events~)

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

So I'm not speaking for @Lambdachi-DN, but I will speak for myself. I have Aion installed on my home computer, obviously, and I also have it installed on my work computer. I'm a project manager at a firm that manages military construction. Needless to say, I see some files that are absolutely confidential through my career. I cannot have a program scanning my work computer.

I don't care about my home computer, and I will continue to play on that computer. But I am going to have to uninstall Aion from my work computer. (Goodbye, afking events~)

It not just the military that wants privacy, remember this is tax season so there are financial documents on people's PC.

5 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hahaha yeah, I have a laptop that contains no work stuff that I use. We have a wifi here that's separate from the main network for connecting unsecured devices to.

All these people saying the cheaters will quit, very unlikely because most of them also were wallet players and wont just leave but 1 thing for sure is that they will be using the lag excuse lol and also will be trying everything in their powers to bypass the cheat code. Cant wait to see how it is though starting today.

8 minutes ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

It not just the military that wants privacy, remember this is tax season so there are financial documents on people's PC.

This.

Also, don't want this crap on the (brand new and custom built) computer either. Aion already runs like shit, I don't need to add even more stuff on top of it to boot. (i7-8700, 1080ti and 16gb ram and I still crash constantly in the new zones if I'm not running like a slideshow.)

I saw people complaining about it in LFG, exactly because of FoV. I use it to get decent FPS and I hope they keep allowing it. Also, the advantage you get because of FoV is almost nothing if you think about some 3rd party programs that makes you do some normally impossible things in-game.

[removed]

• Aion Team

Hello everyone, 

I would like to remind all users that posting information on third-party ToS breaking tools is not allowed, at all. We understand there are a lot of concerns and questions regarding XIGNCODE3 and everything that comes with it. We can't answer every question on what's allowed and what's not allowed because simply there's too many variables to say how any program impacts the game. With the release of XIGNCODE3 today, we've began monitoring and collecting data to ensure it meets our expectations. As stated before, if you are having issues getting into the game today, please head over to this thread to report the issue and contact Customer Support. 

Thank you.

Archived