XIGNCODE3

Cyan

6 hours ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be  very invasive. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

A damning quotes from the link:

I'm at work but to anyone who started playing after the patch please verify this.

The difference here is that the Capcom fighting game community is rather large with sponsors compared to Aion. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team

Hello, 

There have been a lot of replies in this thread removed due to being low effort, off topic, or against our rules. I would like to remind everyone to keep the discussion constructive and on topic for this thread. Today has been a busy day on the forums due to XIGNCODE3 being launched, and it is expected that that will be a lot of discussion but accusing other players of certain behavior, sharing information that's not allowed on the forums, and many of the other removed replies will not be tolerated. 

As stated in the maintenance thread, XIGNCODE3 is currently in a monitoring period and may not be behaving as you expected. We're currently gathering information and will be updating as we go on. 

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

I did some research on other games, in this case Black Desert Online, that use this software and essentially it appears to be  very invasive. I remember when Capcom tried to implement anti-cheat using a rootkit in Street Fighter 5 on the PC and the community threw a fit and the backed down.

A damning quotes from the link:

I'm at work but to anyone who started playing after the patch please verify this.

I looked into it. As someone previously mentioned, yes it does create the service. All the information regarding the type is accurate.

Things to note:

I didn't see the C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys file. I checked when Aion was NOT running. Haven't checked when it is.

You can change the registry key to 0x03 or remove it's kernel rights. However! It will rewrite them when you start Aion. I don't know if it does much, but you can change the key again on it while Aion is running and it will stick, though I don't know for how long. I was able to make it into the game with the key modified to 0x03. I don't know if it will be stable however.

ya this is about how "good" that program works even the bots are laughing at this garbage.  clearly its not working all the hackers had work around 5 days before u even implemented it,  so the worst hackers still hack and gms just give same "yah we will do something about it" response but nothing ;/ over all i am just sad i was happy to hear about anti cheat. now however  the legit ppl get punished and the hacking pay to win ppl can do w/e . not even hard to prove they don't bother to hide it. 

i don't see why nc soft has the new " oh well we didn't see it" approach..  to me its a money grab and a total insult. everybody i know is quit cuz of hackers i plan to quit cuz of hackers  whats it gonna take ? you are killing you're own game. all we want is gms that actually know what they are doing. clearly the support gms have 0 clue.

i reported a bug i even told them how to fix it  there action was to give ME a warning for breaking the rules. i got bugged [cuz of hackers]killing me when i was immortal thus i stayed "dead/immortal"   and got flagged as "cheating"  

i think ALL 3rd party stuff even shugo console and rain meter is a type of "cheat" so i don't use them. in my opinion if you use something to see who somebody is that gives you a edge in say arena thus its cheating.  shugo lets you zoom out a function id LOVE to use but its 3rd party so i don't cuz it gives you better POV  and thus its a edge up aka cheating.

i have proven MANY times the same ppl are cheating over and over they don't get banned perm or 30 days or even 3 days they prolly don't even get warning, i personally appreciate the EFFORT but painting a broken fence does not fix the fence its NOT what we ask for. 

personally with a ping of 55 i cant even play sin cuz i lag so much i cant move its like ping of 500 im happy to talk to @Cyan or any other gms and give video proof and feed back of such errors but it just get the run around supports says post here you say post there nothing happens its far more than annoying.

PS: i have been banned 4 times for just opening a account (with NO toons on it) and NO software of any kind open outside aion (for "suspicious" activity) not even a antivirus.  i have pointed this bug(the email bug) out over 20 times and even how to fix it and ppl ignore me or try and get post banned. if you sick of this as me here is my ticket number Request #17531614  feel free to write gms using that number and get automated responses.

i have found at least 4-7 other "new chr" bugs that will get you banned 100% of the time for doing NOTHING at all (such as logging in, logging out, sending money, making a account(with or with out toons)

i also have a idea how to make this anti cheat ban the real hackers but id need to talk to somebody willing to listen. id like to see the game come back from death but if this keeps up every single legit person is gonna quit we/i are just sick to death of the cheats and being made to feel like our reports don't even matter 85% of the time gms don't read them and don't watch video's i can prove this if you want to see it ( @Cyan )

pps:   i highly suspect the same ppl who constantly post to get my comments banned will attempt to do so here. idc oh and thats a violation of my terms of service any time i post anything the same ppl harass me with the same comments and bs over and over and gms do nothing, they don't want me or players like me to post them cheating.  well to bad  im very for legit players and  very anti cheat if you cant play fair you are not good regardless of what you think. that or cyan will del my post as i find nc soft does not like there flaws to be pointed out or talked about. im not so much bashing ncsoft as i am super irritated at the basic slap int he face players are currently getting from he company and gms as a whole.

[Removed video]

On 21.02.2018 at 7:57 AM, Cyan said:

There will not be any issues with duo-boxing clients either.

Actually it's wasn't bad if you disabled duo-boxing clients. A lot of players exploit it for ruining EC runs of opposite side.

+1 voice for disabling it. Or at least in EC time.

9 minutes ago, Aroch-DN said:

Actually it's wasn't bad if you disabled duo-boxing clients. A lot of players exploit it for ruining EC runs of opposite side.

+1 voice for disabling it. Or at least in EC time.

So disadvantage people even more who have no interest in EC?  Righto....   Why not just ban people from running an Elyos and an Asmo at the same time?  Wouldn't that make more sense than banning everyone else doing the right thing just to protect your precious EC?

17 minutes ago, Chemosh-KT said:

So everyone I've spoken to today is noticing a consistent 20ms increase to minimal latency (ping) with a few lag spikes above this.  Is xigncode to blame or are the servers just feeling extra chunky today?

It's probably the servers/isp. I've had no ping problems so far.

14 minutes ago, Chemosh-KT said:

So disadvantage people even more who have no interest in EC?  Righto....   Why not just ban people from running an Elyos and an Asmo at the same time?  Wouldn't that make more sense than banning everyone else doing the right thing just to protect your precious EC?

I'm not suprised to hear crying, do you have two heads or four hands? So explain why you need 2 clients for both sides?

Let me point out a key phrase for some of you who seem to not be able to see it from Cyan

14 hours ago, Cyan said:

As stated in the maintenance thread, XIGNCODE3 is currently in a monitoring period and may not be behaving as you expected. We're currently gathering information and will be updating as we go on. 

It has been 1 day , of course there are still hackers in game give them more then 1 day though to actually gather some information and then see if they action and if they don't qq then.  For those having technical issues with xigncode3 post it in the appropriate thread.  Also they won't ban for having and elyos client and a asmo client unless you doing something like ap trading at least they used to doubt they do it anymore.  Having one of each client open is not grounds for a ban even if they are doing it to speed up ec's.

Please. Do not lose the focus on the real topic here. 

This thread is not about if the player who shows somebody cheating is a cheater or if see people complaining and we want to show that we are smarter joking about that. 

Here we want to see how Xincode3 is working. We want to know all the things it is blocking and those that are still free to use. And if we notice something different ingame. 

so... I did not see so much difference playing yesterday. Maybe a little unstable in my  conection in the first moments, but was better later. So maybe was just something related to server status, ping reducer status, my internet conection or a mix. Talking with other people the only thing they confirmed had issues was shugo console. I saw some players suspected to use ilegal software ingame (of course I do not know if they were hacking or not on that moment. But apparently nobody rage quit the game due to not being able to use cheats.). 

I did some evergales and was the same thing than always. People still conect many toons and still do EC and sieges in AFK mode. (so all those people saying Xincode3 was the best solution to avoid afkers and bla bla, bdo, bla, bla. try to think more and write less :P )

And yes. I saw those people talking about bypassing xincode and using cheats. We saw videos here, people talks about that (in the forums and ingame too). I saw some of those players that are suspected cheaters having fun about xincode in the chats and saying it does not work. Do we have a confirmation? I do not. Are the people talking about cheats, cheaters themselves? who really cares? Dont worry about the messenger, just read the message. If Xincoe can be really bypassed by cheats we have a problem and NCSoft must ask for a refund. 

And... I also saw some players complaining about "losing their privacy" and "xincode can read my files".... It sounds a little dramatic for me too. But you must understand that some people have the fantasy of being really important in this world and they think that everyone want to know what they do. 
Hey! having access to Donalds Trump´s computer is something. It may have information for political or militaristic use for somebody. Having access to Megan Fox´s computer is something!. You can get things to show to the world that a lot of people really wants to know. Having access to YOUR computer is nothing! for the only reasson it can be usefull is just to add you to a number of consumers of something. You are just 1 in those 3 millions people who eat something (and lets open a shop in that town so he can buy it). Nobody cares about your social life, things you do, where do you post things, nothing. :P  if your family and friends do not care about you, why do you think somebody on the other side of the world, wants to spy on you? hahahahaha   (joke. do not take it seriously :P ) 

The only thing so far that Ive experienced yesterday was the lag spikes and the increase on my ping (20~30ms even with noPing Reductor). Judging by other players that ive played yesterday, I can almost confirm that WASNT our issue.. maybe on server or the new antihack itself. And honestly.. my ping isnt that good, and 30ms makes a HUGE diffence.

Lets see how it gonna be until the next week.

Talking about the hack users.. yeah, the xingxongxung3 is useless so far.. lets just hope that NC can monitor something related with the bypasses and start to ban people.

• Daeva

Hi everyone,

I'd like to clarify a few things regarding the current form of Xigncode3 and what should be expected.

As we mentioned in the maintenance post (and as Cyan called out previously), Xigncode3 was rolled out in monitoring mode. This means that it is not actively blocking at the moment, and this is intentional.

The reasoning behind this is simple: while we can attempt to replicate every situation in our QA environments, we cannot hope to match the number of situations and hardware specs that the thousands of players have in the live environment. If we had launched Xigncode3 and blocked everything from the get-go, any potential false positives could have been blocked from entering the game.                  

For now, Xigncode3 is monitoring. We're watching to make sure its reporting is accurate, and making appropriate adjustments, before we move to the next stage. We ask for your patience and understanding - this is a multi-step process, and we want to make absolutely certain that innocent players will be affected as little as possible when we take the next step.

If it actually worked, I think people would be tolerant of the extra problems Xigncode brings but as people have stated and Etnaa's video clearly shows it doesn't do what it should do.  If I were the developer of a game, I would want my client as lean as possible so if something doesn't work I would cut it or replace it with something that does.  It feels like NCsoft has committed to making something work that simply doesn't work and I wonder how long we are going to have to tolerate this before it finally gets removed or replaced. 

While I appreciate the comments from Cyan and Gideon regarding Xigncode, just remember, that we're all tired of this hacking and the cheating, it's obnoxious. My friend sent me a screenshot of someone already placing a kisk in an unusual place where it's only possible with cheats.

Just please, ban people permanently, not temporarily.

But how does this thing monitor yet we see this happen continuously? It's been bypassed already.

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

*snip*

But how does this thing monitor yet we see this happen continuously? It's been bypassed already.

The bypass, I believe, let's them login even with the "extra" things running. That's just the first check point, right? Does the bypass work to stop the program from collecting data on the hackers using it? We don't know, actually. Because the program is monitoring and not actively blocking yet. 

Or that's how I understand what @Gideon is saying.

45 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

The bypass, I believe, let's them login even with the "extra" things running. That's just the first check point, right? Does the bypass work to stop the program from collecting data on the hackers using it? We don't know, actually. Because the program is monitoring and not actively blocking yet. 

Or that's how I understand what @Gideon is saying.

like a trap. 

lets them think they are safe and to do all the crap with a smule in their faces. 

But some time after that a huge rock falls from the sky killing them and all their confidence. 

I guess it could be nice. I do not think we will see something like that, but could be nice. 

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

like a trap. 

lets them think they are safe and to do all the crap with a smule in their faces. 

That would be great if @Gideon wouldnt have said that they are only monitoring, instead it would have been better if he had said that XIGNCODE3 is fully functional and blocking the hacks, this way the hackers would be thinking thye fooled NC and keep playing as nothing had happen.

Just today, me and my friend did pvp vs a templar we both suspect is a hacker because very difficult to catch up in speed even when we are using our mounts and in battle its like he has infinite HP because its really hard to see his HP bar to go down but today nothing of those things happen, and we both said almost at the same time "hack must be off" :P.

Archived