Characters and purchased items

2s145DBB-DN

So what happen to the characters I worked so hard to level up and the items I purchased for my game? I know from my grandsons the server thing changed etc...but they can't find characters they had either. They have to start all over... not right, please help me understand what happened to them.

Thank you

GrandmaGamer

We had a merge some months ago. Servers were merged in just 2 of them. But characters weren´t erased. All of them lost their previous names and you now have that code as a name. But you will find a ticket in every toon´s inventory to fix that and pick a name for them. If you remember where your account had toons, will be easier. Siel and Beritra are now Katalam. Tiamat, Kahrun and Israphel are now Danaria. So probably you are looking for your characters in the wrong server or from a wrong account. Try to check and maybe all of them are on a different server than the one you are looking now. The only way to have conflicts with your toons is if you had elyos and asmos in many servers and according to account´s rules you can not have asmos and elyos on the same account and the same server. But if that wasn´t your situation, look for them. They must be there in somewhere. 

That series of numbers and letters is not a code. It is actually the "merge" name of one of your characters. It looks like you are posting from a cleric on Danaria. Try selecting that server. If you don't see your characters, try contacting Support. If your characters are there, select one and login. In the inventory of each of your characters you will find Name Change Ticket. Use that to change your character's names to whatever you like.

Quick question. You said you bought the game. I did as well! Yay to those that have played Aion for years. Several years ago we had a migration of all accounts to a new data base. Back in the day we logged in with a nickname. The migration forced us to start logging in with an e-mail address. Did you do that migration? When last you logged in did you login with a nickname or an e-mail? Unfortunately if you were logging in with a nickname your characters are indeed gone. If you did migrate, your characters should still be there.

BUT.. don't panic if your characters are gone. Leveling a new character is quick and easy. The armor and weapons you get from leveling are hugely OP and will get you easily to arch-daeva (66+). 

Yes. You need to log in the game and in every toon to change the name. 

As Aly said, you will find an item in every inventory in your characters. The item is like a paper and the name is something like "Name Change Ticket". If you use it, a little window will appear and you will have a place to write your name. You can try with your old names or pick new ones. Depends on you. The only issue about this is that if somebody else already used a name, you wont be able to pick it. 

But do not surrender. They did not erased characters. So your old ones are there, somewhere, waiting. 

11 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Quick question. You said you bought the game. I did as well! Yay to those that have played Aion for years. Several years ago we had a migration of all accounts to a new data base. Back in the day we logged in with a nickname. The migration forced us to start logging in with an e-mail address. Did you do that migration? When last you logged in did you login with a nickname or an e-mail? Unfortunately if you were logging in with a nickname your characters are indeed gone. If you did migrate, your characters should still be there.

BUT.. don't panic if your characters are gone. Leveling a new character is quick and easy. The armor and weapons you get from leveling are hugely OP and will get you easily to arch-daeva (66+). 

No I didn't buy the game, my brother however played for yrs when it first came out and paid a yearly fee, when it went free he told me about it. Have to log in with email.  I was talking about items we purchased, like storage pack animals and rides etc... thanks for the info and I don't have a problem starting a over, just want what I purchased. If not I guess I will be playing old characters .  I have been playing for yrs, but not since last yr, was in hospital.  Wanted to go back to game and my grandsons said it was different, servers were gone. Was on IS and TM servers.

11 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Yes. You need to log in the game and in every toon to change the name. 

As Aly said, you will find an item in every inventory in your characters. The item is like a paper and the name is something like "Name Change Ticket". If you use it, a little window will appear and you will have a place to write your name. You can try with your old names or pick new ones. Depends on you. The only issue about this is that if somebody else already used a name, you wont be able to pick it. 

But do not surrender. They did not erased characters. So your old ones are there, somewhere, waiting. 

so I sign in like always with email addy and then click on Danaria?  Is that one of the new servers?  GS said it only had two now, haven't gone on yet, as I have a new computer and haven't downloaded it yet. I want to thank you both for helping this old gal

Thank You

GrandmaGamer

Archived