@Jake What's Your View On 6.0

Infliction-DN

@Jake-DN Like I am reading this thread and I am like how many of these people actually played from launch.... like why does everyone think this is going to be bad?  Enchants capped at+15.... the grind looks like a joke compared to launch.  [even then NA launch was reduced from KR]

Every old player, well pvp plays is nyerking psyched for this.... why the hell is everyone complaining... did I miss something??

Asking for me myself and I srsly! 

From what I've read so far, it's an ideal patch. 

Those complaining are the current cash cows that have no skill in PvP but just drop dollar on the game. 

Other complaints would be from class skill changes but we've been through that before and it's np. 

Basically people who drop money have gotten too used to how they can buy their way to cruise control, and people playing current meta OP god tier classes like SM/Temp/SW, complain that theyre bringing a slight bit more balance to what the classes should be.

edit: reroll Katalam if you want, it's going to be more active. With the 200% xp buff it'll be easy to level. Unless you still have lots of kinah on DN.

I think some of the biggest problems people have with it is the mobile-style p2w shop they've added, OP-ass (p2w) transforms, and the whole changes to kinah and trading and stuff. And the nostalgic factor of some of the soon-to-be-destroyed lands.

And, of course, all the people who've abused alts/events/bots/credit cards to be #1 NA are a bunch of pissy-pants because they can't have their +30 gear anymore.

Otherwise, NCsoft keeps tweaking it, so it's improving from launch 6.0. Hopefully it'll be a decent balance between p2w and f2p when we get it.

Yeah I have some items on DN still and everyone that ill be playing with is coming back to that server :o! @Jake-DN and K it looked great I was like why are people going looney!

@Steel-KT aha I love that!

@Cheesecake-DN what shop is being added?  Are they doing away with the current one... and transforms that aren't abyss :O?  I thought they were getting rid of those elemental things... and dude you're awesome for dealing with me and continuing to drop some knowledge!  P.S still looking for an Aion Bae :P 

It's a quna shop. You can get some quna ingame from, like, quests, but, from what I understand, you can buy it with real money too. I believe it sells the new enchantment stones and other such things.

The new transforms replace attack/run/etc scrolls. If I'm understanding this stuff right, the top tier ones turn you into Kaisinel/Marchutan with some obscene stats. Other people have more info on that. lol

Pros

- Enchantment capped at 15

- Godstones removed

Cons

- They removed 8(?) entire zones

- Added a retarded transformation system with stats like: +100 movement speed, +60 attack speed, +45 casting speed, 80 healing boost, 126 physical and magical attack, 131 pdef, 131 msupp, 378 accuracy and magic accuracy, 331 crit strike and crit spell. Which will be P2W to obtain? 

- Kinah becomes account locked

- Trading is essentially dead with nearly everything being character locked (Can't even use account warehouse)

- Daeva skills + Transforms are very open to P2W

Neutral (Edit: Some people will like, some will hate)

- PvE is supposedly dead? With the removal of a ton of instances and restructure of others into solo instances.

- PvP seems the main focus.

- Leveling is an absolute joke to the point of reaching max level in a pathetic 14 hours. Mobile game system.

This is my view on it. I utterly detest the transform system and have heard horror stories of people already dropping like $20,000 USD and not reaching the ultimate tier transform.  Whales won't be leaving.

If you only care about PvP, 6.0 will likely be fun for you. If you liked Aion because it was an actual MMO, with leveling progression, gear collecting, PvE content, an economy, and easy entry PvP, 6.0 is probably going to suck. But lets be real, Aion as an MMO has been dead long before 6.0 rolled out. 5.8 added some decent additions for actual progression again but it's all getting nuked away.

Again, just my view. I did PvP as a side activity, I enjoyed running instances and helping friends/legion mates with gear, leveling alts and crafting. All of which is basically getting shit canned with 6.0.

P.S. This is based on us getting 6.0 as it is. We likely will get a wildly different version so take everything with a grain of salt.

54 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

It's a quna shop. You can get some quna ingame from, like, quests, but, from what I understand, you can buy it with real money too. I believe it sells the new enchantment stones and other such things.

The new transforms replace attack/run/etc scrolls. If I'm understanding this stuff right, the top tier ones turn you into Kaisinel/Marchutan with some obscene stats. Other people have more info on that. lol

Quna?  What is that... new currency I am assuming?  Hmm interesting... and that's weird so no more scrolls... just people transforming ... that's a bit lame that everyone will look the same [unintentional rhyme.... or WAS IT]

9 minutes ago, Raefu-DN said:

Pros

- Godstones removed

Cons

- They removed 8(?) entire zones

- Added a retarded transformation system with stats like: +100 movement speed, +60 attack speed, +45 casting speed, 80 healing boost, 126 physical and magical attack, 131 pdef, 131 msupp, 378 accuracy and magic accuracy, 331 crit strike and crit spell. Which will be P2W to obtain? 

- Trading is essentially dead with nearly everything being character locked (Can't even use account warehouse)

- PvE is supposedly dead? With the removal of a ton of instances and restructure of others into solo instances.

- Leveling is an absolute joke to the point of reaching max level in a pathetic 14 hours. Mobile game system.

This is my view on it. I utterly detest the transform system and have heard horror stories of people already dropping like $20,000 USD and not reaching the ultimate tier transform.  Whales won't be leaving.

If you only care about PvP, 6.0 will likely be fun for you. If you liked Aion because it was an actual MMO, with leveling progression, gear collecting, PvE content, an economy, and easy entry PvP, 6.0 is probably going to suck. But lets be real, Aion as an MMO has been dead long before 6.0 rolled out. 5.8 added some decent additions for actual progression again but it's all getting nuked away.

Again, just my view. I did PvP as a side activity, I enjoyed running instances and helping friends/legion mates with gear, leveling alts and crafting. All of which is basically getting shit canned with 6.0.

P.S. This is based on us getting 6.0 as it is. We likely will get a wildly different version so take everything with a grain of salt.

The pros are lovely in my opinion.

Eh some zones were dead long before this update... I remember twinking or whatever it was called here but I have always loved endgame zones/pvp much more and hey abyss seems like a bit more focused.

Transform thing is dumb.... @Cyan not sure if you guys have the power but can we as a community vote on something like that?  Like that's a bit outrageous xD

not too opposed to kinah lock/trading it works well in BDO... just BDO is too slow or something is off about the pvp for me... fun for a bit then meh... however their trading system and  gear mechanics are wonderful imo.

I'm ignorant to what daeva skills are can you tell me @Raefu-DN

see I am the opposite occasionally, more scarce pver and heavily into the pvp [ teehee used to host tournaments for it xD ]  but I do believe a balance needs to be reached...

We can only hope that it will suit the majority of players and hopefully bring back a major playerbase that left ><!

^ See James, this is what we have these days.

Long gone are the glory days of Aion when people were out and about for PvP. Games all about PvE and utilizing broken mechanics to destroy any aspect of PvP (it's more of PK rather than PvP).

To highlight two examples, there's a new minion system, similar to pets, but they can use skills and attack. One minion can do 7k+ PvP damage instantly. Minions like this aren't easily obtained in game and require a lot to upgrade them to do such a feat, but with $$$ your worries are over.

Another example, Arch Daeva Transforms. Original Xforms were broken, but they went and came out with new 5 minute lasting Xforms that are only able to be used by those L75+. They're relatively broken towards PvP as well.

And you know how it goes, the mentality has shifted, so rather than people wanting change, most simply say "well its in the game, why wouldn't I use it?" 

I'm active on KR and pvp'd a ton here in NA so I'll sum it up like this:

* New fresh start servers = worth playing if you got that nostalgia itch (doesn't help that mmo pvp in general is dead with a bleak outlook)

* No new server and existing players are grandfathered gear handouts = game buried 6ft deep is now 600ft deep

* No new server and no gear handouts = ???? 

6 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Sure, your opinion. A wrong opinion though. :P

I hope your at least intelligent enough to realize how ignorant and rude you sound.

@Jake-DN Those days are loooong gone.  I used to be an active pvper between 2.0-4.8 but 5.0 just murdered what little semblance of pvp was left after kata/dana got nuked.  I am happy to see that 6.0 tries to remedy their screw ups in regards to PvP but sacrificing the other half of what made Aion, Aion, is a mistake and will likely alienate a sizable chunk of the remaining players.  Hopeful that they continue with their gung-ho attitude of reviving the old days though and change focus back to fixing the economy and reestablishing some pve aspects once they hammer out the pvp fixes.  Played since Alpha and would hate to see the game crumble to a single, barely populated server.

As I said in my first post, our 6.0 will likely be very different so just wait a few months and keep an eye open.

@Infliction-DN Daeva skills are...think skill books, but 3 variations of the same skill that you get to choose from.  Each class gets 3 skills to alter I believe.  I've read that the skill books are either farmed or purchased with Ncoin, not willing to rescour the notes to verify though.

8 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

Pros

- Godstones removed

- They removed 8(Fluff)  I mean zones

8 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

Cons

I fixed it for you :D

10 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

I hope your at least intelligent enough to realize how ignorant and rude you sound.

@Jake-DN Those days are loooong gone.  I used to be an active pvper between 2.0-4.8 but 5.0 just murdered what little semblance of pvp was left after kata/dana got nuked.  I am happy to see that 6.0 tries to remedy their screw ups in regards to PvP but sacrificing the other half of what made Aion, Aion, is a mistake and will likely alienate a sizable chunk of the remaining players.  Hopeful that they continue with their gung-ho attitude of reviving the old days though and change focus back to fixing the economy and reestablishing some pve aspects once they hammer out the pvp fixes.  Played since Alpha and would hate to see the game crumble to a single, barely populated server.

As I said in my first post, our 6.0 will likely be very different so just wait a few months and keep an eye open.

@Infliction-DN Daeva skills are...think skill books, but 3 variations of the same skill that you get to choose from.  Each class gets 3 skills to alter I believe.  I've read that the skill books are either farmed or purchased with Ncoin, not willing to rescour the notes to verify though.

Ahhh

And idk I just ignore people lol and I'm friendly with the block button too old for that but yet still immature and childish to post childish things for funniez!

Either way I guess as an old player who hasn't played since 3.7, 6.0 looks so enticing and fun to me.  I guess we will have to wait and see... Soon TM

@HealingSquid-KT They were fluff zones but they should of just restructured them like World of Warcraft did.  Cutting your mmo's playable range by 2/3rds is awful.  And those zones used to be intregal parts of the game.  The feels ?

@Infliction-DN You'll probably enjoy 6.0 quite a lot if you skipped the 5.0+ slog entirely.

@OptusExpiredSim-KT Cyg/Enshar didnt have the best pvp, but 5.0+ brought whales to a whole new level. 

10 hours ago, Raefu-DN said:

(...)

He can be a nice guy. He usually helps the players with required information and tips. But if you say something bad against Aion he reacts in that way. But do not put so much attention. Try to remember that he is actually a good person and is helpfull and nice most of the time. 

I saw that we had revived the classic and old war between PvP and PvE. Wich one is better? IMO it have no sense. And a game should keep the combination from both that it uses to have. 

We will find out there a lot of PvE games. We can find also a lot of entirely PvP games. But some are a combination of both. Aion is one of those. Aion all the time used to have a balance between both of them and the people who came here want that combination. So changing the game to a more PvP focused one, or to a more PvE focused game, it is a very bad idea. About the dead maps and rifts. Not sure if they were removed or not. We had them for a while. But with so few new players those maps were deserted. They are not useless. They had, and still have, a lot of content for low level players. Aren´t the maps the dead thing. What is dead is the people joining the game. What we do not have are new players. Imagine a country where nobody have kids. After a while you may think that schools are useless and dead. But they had a reasson to exist. But try to imagine this: if tomorrow 5.000 new players decides start playing Aion, all those maps will have a lot of people like in the old days. And rifters obviosly stoped going to those maps, cause... well is not so funny if you can not use your endgame gear to kill, with 2 skills, low level players trying to learn how to play (And suddenly I remember how my hate for asmos was born ¬¬ )

what makes me sad is the idea that we are losing the game that we played all these years and it will be modified into another new game different. Some people will love it and some people will hate it. But it wont be the same and we have to start realizing that. The Aion we played is on the final days (months) and something new will take its place. 

Cheesecake, I finally see you giving us an opinion against something here with all your feelings. For that moment I really loved you with all my heart. lol :P 

Hahaha. I've accepted that it's all going to happen. I don't like everything about it, but it's not something that's going to ruin my life when we get it. It is what it is, and at least we have an idea on what we're getting ahead of time. And if it sucks, I can play something else. Sad, but that's life.

Besides, maybe the lands will make some kind of comeback in the future. Burnt, scary husks with mangled, twisted flora and fauna, inhabited by the dead or the scarred, aether-infused survivors. That'd be cool.

Edit:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't agree with everything NCsoft does. I've vehemently disagreed with them multiple times. I just prefer to take my most angryface of ragefilled disagreements to PMs lol.

1 hour ago, Raefu-DN said:

You'll probably enjoy 6.0 quite a lot if you skipped the 5.0+ slog entirely.

I am excited can't even lie @Raefu-DN idk man when I was playing all the low level areas were vacant.  If that has changed awesome as rifting at low levels was fun... just unfulfilling/not rewarding after a while... maybe drop a high as lvl boss there iono.  

EDIT: Cuz forums broke for a sec

@Azzmaria-KT I don't think anyone was reviving that argument.  I solely believe that Aion's success was because it was a PvPvE however when I was leaving the tide turned to mostly PvE and they heavily disrespected a HUGE pvp community which then turned a mass exodus.  Let's be real... most people if they do join the game will not want to stay low level as the maps would be barren and 5k... lol is the game population combined on both servers even that high?  Active?

I think they are making the right move for a game that has been on a decline in the western side of the world.

@Cheesecake-DN true and sad at the same time... I dipped out when the game wasn't for me... but grass isn't always greener.  BDO was meh.. GW2 meeeeehsupermeh... PUBG AND OW THOOO MHMMMM LOVELY but not my mmo fix. OOOOO ahah ask anyone I was a thorn and a rose to ncsoft.  like I love em but man I wish NcWest had more control.

and srsly Aion Bae?  Yes or No or Stop asking cuz I'm Harassing xD?

Hahahaha I'm already taken, boi. xD

I think you would've liked the 4.X era. It was a good balance between PvP and PvE content after 4.something. The only thing that really sucked was cera medal aquisition until 4.5. and then the game became EB Online, but you often had to PvP just to get access to EB.

I wish NCwest had more control over Aion as well...as well as more than just our community team giving a nyerk about us.

9 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Hahahaha I'm already taken, boi. xD

I think you would've liked the 4.X era. It was a good balance between PvP and PvE content after 4.something. The only thing that really sucked was cera medal aquisition until 4.5. and then the game became EB Online, but you often had to PvP just to get access to EB.

I wish NCwest had more control over Aion as well...as well as more than just our community team giving a nyerk about us.

Bahahahha I sowwy!

I think I might have played in 4.0... had a video clip that was supposed to be intro... but I think my legion imploded or I imploded my legion or I just didn't want to lead sieges anymore idk.... 

@Cyan can we bring back pvp tournaments though?  Those were hella fun... a lot of work but I wouldn't mind doing it again!  I am free of my non-compete now :P 

lol I swear I stay tagging Cyan and make their life harder (dunno if he or she).... sorry Cyan... but I do it because I love you 

40 minutes ago, Infliction-DN said:

Bahahahha I sowwy!

I think I might have played in 4.0... had a video clip that was supposed to be intro... but I think my legion imploded or I imploded my legion or I just didn't want to lead sieges anymore idk.... 

@Cyan can we bring back pvp tournaments though?  Those were hella fun... a lot of work but I wouldn't mind doing it again!  I am free of my non-compete now :P 

lol I swear I stay tagging Cyan and make their life harder (dunno if he or she).... sorry Cyan... but I do it because I love you 

Yes you did play 4.0, do remember Katalam and Danaria ;)

1 hour ago, Infliction-DN said:

(...)

@Azzmaria-KT I don't think anyone was reviving that argument.  I solely believe that Aion's success was because it was a PvPvE however when I was leaving the tide turned to mostly PvE and they heavily disrespected a HUGE pvp community which then turned a mass exodus.  Let's be real... most people if they do join the game will not want to stay low level as the maps would be barren and 5k... lol is the game population combined on both servers even that high?  Active?

I think they are making the right move for a game that has been on a decline in the western side of the world.

(...)

I know those maps are now deserted, but I think different about the reassons. 

And about not having PvP at all at lower levels... well, my way in Aion was a bit different. 

I am a player who focus more on PvE cause I  like it more. but, when I joined the game we had a lot of players at all the levels and in all the maps. People doing quest everywhere, Not sure when it was but probably some months before 3.7 (the first time I checked wich version it was). I did not had PvP from lvl 1 to 20s. Thats true. But after the 20s I started doing duels with friends to learn how to play. And I did my abyss entry quest as soon as I was able (I think it was at lvl 25-30) and I went to sieges every night. Yes. with lvl 30s I was on sieges. On that moment Trinitystar used to make alliances for low abyss and divine. I went there. I collected enought silver and gold medals for me and for a friend. Of course I was se weak and everything was enought to OS me. Still I was there runing with the masses chasing asmos :P . I also joined the groups in eltnen to combat asmos and I did the same. Was funny. 

In PvE I got gear from lvl 16, 26, 36 and 46 (with coins). But also I had my low level abyss gear from my medals.

At lvl 46 I started doing arenas every day (losing most of them :P ), At level 55 I had enought crucibles to get my C1 55 full gear. I used MR on it and I started doing instances on that one. Was my initial gear to run rentus and TS. (of course people complained a lot). But I used that gear to collect Kahruns for my lvl 60 PvE gear. My first eternal gear was a PvP one. I had a lot of friends who leveled up doing PvE. But I had so few experience to join Besh´s groups so I avoided it for a while (As a cleric I had some scary comments about it and I was a little scared to go there) . My principal source of experience were dredgions. Yes, I did all the possible runs in dredgions. Enought to get 2 and 3 stars even before reaching lvl 60 (the max on that time). A lot of people does not know. But dredgions gave nice amounts of experience. And they were my principal source of exp leveling up from lvl 46 to 55 more or less. 

So the game had a balance beetween PvE and PvP. Both of them required time and effort. Just like the repetables quest to get all those kahruns or the large amount of runs in arena to get a full set. Having to play all my 3 dreds every day was an effort too. Interrupting what I was doing to be prepared for the sieges was hard too. But PvP also gave experience, gear and even kinah (I sold some of those medals and got kinah from there. I sold some "skins" from crucibles and they were really expensive). And again. I am a PvE player. 

what we lost wasn´t the PvP content. we lost the new players coming. 

and in 5.0 we lost both PvE and PvP. the reasson is that now is more important to have kinah than to play. You can buy a complete harvester gear without doing 1 run in BoS. You can buy a complete prime gear without killing 1 player. Rifting is dead, EC are plenty of afk people. yes. But also BoS, ToE and FM are instances that so few people do. 

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I know those maps are now deserted, but I think different about the reassons. 

And about not having PvP at all at lower levels... well, my way in Aion was a bit different. 

I am a player who focus more on PvE cause I  like it more. but, when I joined the game we had a lot of players at all the levels and in all the maps. People doing quest everywhere, Not sure when it was but probably some months before 3.7 (the first time I checked wich version it was). I did not had PvP from lvl 1 to 20s. Thats true. But after the 20s I started doing duels with friends to learn how to play. And I did my abyss entry quest as soon as I was able (I think it was at lvl 25-30) and I went to sieges every night. Yes. with lvl 30s I was on sieges. On that moment Trinitystar used to make alliances for low abyss and divine. I went there. I collected enought silver and gold medals for me and for a friend. Of course I was se weak and everything was enought to OS me. Still I was there runing with the masses chasing asmos :P . I also joined the groups in eltnen to combat asmos and I did the same. Was funny. 

In PvE I got gear from lvl 16, 26, 36 and 46 (with coins). But also I had my low level abyss gear from my medals.

At lvl 46 I started doing arenas every day (losing most of them :P ), At level 55 I had enought crucibles to get my C1 55 full gear. I used MR on it and I started doing instances on that one. Was my initial gear to run rentus and TS. (of course people complained a lot). But I used that gear to collect Kahruns for my lvl 60 PvE gear. My first eternal gear was a PvP one. I had a lot of friends who leveled up doing PvE. But I had so few experience to join Besh´s groups so I avoided it for a while (As a cleric I had some scary comments about it and I was a little scared to go there) . My principal source of experience were dredgions. Yes, I did all the possible runs in dredgions. Enought to get 2 and 3 stars even before reaching lvl 60 (the max on that time). A lot of people does not know. But dredgions gave nice amounts of experience. And they were my principal source of exp leveling up from lvl 46 to 55 more or less. 

So the game had a balance beetween PvE and PvP. Both of them required time and effort. Just like the repetables quest to get all those kahruns or the large amount of runs in arena to get a full set. Having to play all my 3 dreds every day was an effort too. Interrupting what I was doing to be prepared for the sieges was hard too. But PvP also gave experience, gear and even kinah (I sold some of those medals and got kinah from there. I sold some "skins" from crucibles and they were really expensive). And again. I am a PvE player. 

what we lost wasn´t the PvP content. we lost the new players coming. 

and in 5.0 we lost both PvE and PvP. the reasson is that now is more important to have kinah than to play. You can buy a complete harvester gear without doing 1 run in BoS. You can buy a complete prime gear without killing 1 player. Rifting is dead, EC are plenty of afk people. yes. But also BoS, ToE and FM are instances that so few people do. 

Err I played at launch and lead sieges up until my departure o7, we experienced the same Aion just played differently... after I ran Kroms foooooreeverr and never got my extendables I said F it and just went for PvP and had/still have my fenris.

I pve'd a lil and was lucky enough to get invited by top groups just because I loved them. :)

But there was more of a balance pre3.0.... after that pvp had so many restrictions... rifts got closed to certain lvls... PvP areas were filled with mobs.  it was a mess QQ

I literally pvped as a great general and people hated me for it but hey man/woman everyone has their own way to play which was great about Aion... now its seems like you have to grind out a pve set or you just can't make it and vice versa hence why I think 6.0 will be a bit better.

We lost new players at launch it was a downhill battle but the mass exodus was the pvp players... when that happened less and less videos were put out and third party input/events were gone.... that is what created attraction and views for this game... imo.

Archived