@Jake What's Your View On 6.0

Infliction-DN

On 2/22/2018 at 0:50 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

It's a quna shop. You can get some quna ingame from, like, quests, but, from what I understand, you can buy it with real money too. I believe it sells the new enchantment stones and other such things.

The new transforms replace attack/run/etc scrolls. If I'm understanding this stuff right, the top tier ones turn you into Kaisinel/Marchutan with some obscene stats. Other people have more info on that. lol

don't get your hopes up. the quna you obtain from quests are one time only and it's very little.

30 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Never really expressed that I have any hope with the quna system because I really hate it. xD It's such a mobile shitstorm of a thing to do, lol.

OOOOOO mobile as in like freemium ahahah that south park episode comes to mind.  

AND AYE!  I just noticed you called me BOI! lool... I iz sad.... 

11 minutes ago, Infliction-DN said:

OOOOOO mobile as in like freemium ahahah that south park episode comes to mind.  

AND AYE!  I just noticed you called me BOI! lool... I iz sad.... 

Yeahhhh. Think mobile gaming, lol. You can still play the game...kind of...but you can play it so much better/faster/stronger if you drop the RL kinahzzzzz.

I could call you "gurl." :P Ayyyy gurl.

Edit:

Being cheeky, not mean! I promise!

7 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Yeahhhh. Think mobile gaming, lol. You can still play the game...kind of...but you can play it so much better/faster/stronger if you drop the RL kinahzzzzz.

I could call you "gurl." :P Ayyyy gurl.

Edit:

Being cheeky, not mean! I promise!

PFffft call me gurl all you want I am Fierce and I slay :P

[Insert Cardi B .Gif]

8 minutes ago, Avail-DN said:

You slay??? Remember that eso run... enough said ho. gurlbye. 

Cause your bish wanna party with cardi.

AVAIL!!!!!!! 

Aha I low-key don't remember... is Eso that run with the chests and where you have to glide and stuff... if so that didn't happen, why you lying!!!!

24 minutes ago, Infliction-DN said:

AVAIL!!!!!!! 

Aha I low-key don't remember... is Eso that run with the chests and where you have to glide and stuff... if so that didn't happen, why you lying!!!!

you don't remember? Basic.  Puff the magic dragon is probably why. 

I'm just gonna stand and auto attack the ranger boss and type for days in group chat. 

4 hours ago, Infliction-DN said:

We lost new players at launch it was a downhill battle but the mass exodus was the pvp players... when that happened less and less videos were put out and third party input/events were gone.... that is what created attraction and views for this game... imo.

Mhm. The pvp tournaments you guys did were the highest we ever got on twitch. Fun times.

3 hours ago, Avail-DN said:

you don't remember? Basic.  Puff the magic dragon is probably why. 

I'm just gonna stand and auto attack the ranger boss and type for days in group chat. 

AHAHHAHAHA I mean... did we finish it xD 

Do you play still <3 ?

3 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Mhm. The pvp tournaments you guys did were the highest we ever got on twitch. Fun times.

It was just another element man like it was exciting to play/watch !

On 2/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

Game is old with no advertisement, is highly complicated, in a saturated market, and has a hostile playerbase. Kind of difficult to attract and keep new players with just that, let alone the other problems. xD

Bingo bongo

Unfortunately this game may not be profitable without giving the whales something to drop big $$ on, so I expect it to continue to spiral. It all seems great but when you push the game to be more PvP centric but when PvP basically becomes "I have a better xform than you do", no one will bother to care about this game (just like now).

Oh well.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:35 AM, Raefu-DN said:

Pros

- Enchantment capped at 15

- Godstones removed

Cons

- They removed 8(?) entire zones

- Added a retarded transformation system with stats like: +100 movement speed, +60 attack speed, +45 casting speed, 80 healing boost, 126 physical and magical attack, 131 pdef, 131 msupp, 378 accuracy and magic accuracy, 331 crit strike and crit spell. Which will be P2W to obtain? 

- Kinah becomes account locked

- Trading is essentially dead with nearly everything being character locked (Can't even use account warehouse)

- Daeva skills + Transforms are very open to P2W

Neutral (Edit: Some people will like, some will hate)

- PvE is supposedly dead? With the removal of a ton of instances and restructure of others into solo instances.

- PvP seems the main focus.

- Leveling is an absolute joke to the point of reaching max level in a pathetic 14 hours. Mobile game system.

This is my view on it. I utterly detest the transform system and have heard horror stories of people already dropping like $20,000 USD and not reaching the ultimate tier transform.  Whales won't be leaving.

If you only care about PvP, 6.0 will likely be fun for you. If you liked Aion because it was an actual MMO, with leveling progression, gear collecting, PvE content, an economy, and easy entry PvP, 6.0 is probably going to suck. But lets be real, Aion as an MMO has been dead long before 6.0 rolled out. 5.8 added some decent additions for actual progression again but it's all getting nuked away.

Again, just my view. I did PvP as a side activity, I enjoyed running instances and helping friends/legion mates with gear, leveling alts and crafting. All of which is basically getting shit canned with 6.0.

P.S. This is based on us getting 6.0 as it is. We likely will get a wildly different version so take everything with a grain of salt.

Okay if Aion 6.0 will be just a PvP game..... It's done for me.  I just enjoy my time till then and spend all my kinah on silly things it will be fun.

14 hours ago, Nsn-KT said:

Bingo bongo

Unfortunately this game may not be profitable without giving the whales something to drop big $$ on, so I expect it to continue to spiral. It all seems great but when you push the game to be more PvP centric but when PvP basically becomes "I have a better xform than you do", no one will bother to care about this game (just like now).

Oh well.

Oh another familiar name, are you playing 5.x?

I play a lot on the KR server atm and what you say is pretty much right when it comes to competitive pvp. If your opponent has the 1st tier xform the illusion of a fair fight is completely broken just like getting 1 shot by minions. At least with some of the previous p2w like temperings I could delude myself into thinking I stood a fair chance and still enjoy it.

Just look at NCsoft's massive profits in their mobile games and understand this same mentality is coming to Aion now that it's f2p in KR. The xform system is pretty much a copy pasta of lineage M cards. 

I will say though they removed a lot of trash that kept me from playing retail since 4.3. I think the patch is good enough for casual owpvp to be relatively fun again and I get a little nostalgia pvping on KR. This requires a population though... but seeing familiar faces and some buzz is a good sign.

Needs a fresh server or no gear handouts though. Can't overstate that enough. Otherwise the patch won't keep ANY of the new/returning players for the same old reasons, can't even p2w to catch up like you can now.

11 hours ago, 1s2CC931-KT said:

Oh another familiar name, are you playing 5.x?

I play a lot on the KR server atm and what you say is pretty much right when it comes to competitive pvp. If your opponent has the 1st tier xform the illusion of a fair fight is completely broken just like getting 1 shot by minions. At least with some of the previous p2w like temperings I could delude myself into thinking I stood a fair chance and still enjoy it.

Just look at NCsoft's massive profits in their mobile games and understand this same mentality is coming to Aion now that it's f2p in KR. The xform system is pretty much a copy pasta of lineage M cards. 

I will say though they removed a lot of trash that kept me from playing retail since 4.3. I think the patch is good enough for casual owpvp to be relatively fun again and I get a little nostalgia pvping on KR. This requires a population though... but seeing familiar faces and some buzz is a good sign.

Needs a fresh server or no gear handouts though. Can't overstate that enough. Otherwise the patch won't keep ANY of the new/returning players for the same old reasons, can't even p2w to catch up like you can now.

interesting.

I wonder if NcWest will limit somethings if they have the power to do so.

ORRR @Cyan | @Hime pvp tournaments eh eh eh?

I do not think we are going to see so many "limitations" about the money you can use in the game. 

Unfortunatelly the game lost so many players. Is to hard to come back to the old model. And they found a nice way to get a lot of money with their mobile games. So I think they are just taking Aion to that shape to get a last bunch of money before killing it. 

It is not the only way to get money from a MMORPG. Aion at 4.0 or before gave a lot of money and we just had skins, prestige and few more things. And is not just cause the game is too old. WoW is even older and the people still plays it. They managed to keep the game with the monthly suscription even after so many years.

But is really hard to keep the things balanced and add new content without destroying all the previous things. And you need to ave enought players to keep the game working. Unfortunatelly we lost most of our population to the point that I do not think is a way back. NCSoft is doing the easiest and more obvious thing. Taking the game to it´s minimum possible size and make the microtransactions even more interesting to have fun in less time. This kind of games are not made to last for so long. Just enought to get money to make a new one. 

I think we need to just realize that if we like progressive and complex MMORPG, we will need to search for a new game cause Aion wont be that after 6.0

4 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I do not think we are going to see so many "limitations" about the money you can use in the game. 

Unfortunatelly the game lost so many players. Is to hard to come back to the old model. And they found a nice way to get a lot of money with their mobile games. So I think they are just taking Aion to that shape to get a last bunch of money before killing it. 

It is not the only way to get money from a MMORPG. Aion at 4.0 or before gave a lot of money and we just had skins, prestige and few more things. And is not just cause the game is too old. WoW is even older and the people still plays it. They managed to keep the game with the monthly suscription even after so many years.

But is really hard to keep the things balanced and add new content without destroying all the previous things. And you need to ave enought players to keep the game working. Unfortunatelly we lost most of our population to the point that I do not think is a way back. NCSoft is doing the easiest and more obvious thing. Taking the game to it´s minimum possible size and make the microtransactions even more interesting to have fun in less time. This kind of games are not made to last for so long. Just enought to get money to make a new one. 

I think we need to just realize that if we like progressive and complex MMORPG, we will need to search for a new game cause Aion wont be that after 6.0

Star Citizen will be my next thang!  but Aion is the only thing that is entertaining.  Ashes of Creation looks slow.  BDO was poop... BnS was alright but poop.  Everything is POOP.  We need SAO to come to relife already 

real life*

Archived