Fissure of Oblivion Guides

Cheesecake-DN

Hey, guys! Let's repost the old Fissure guides here since the old forums are potato!

We'll start with http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2067555

By Arturos-IS:

I've seen some people asking around for how to combat the last boss in Fissure of Oblivion. There's some YouTube videos around, so look at those as well to view it in action, but here's a quick run-down of the mechanics for those who wonder at some of the videos.

[Boss] Shadow of Oblivion

Enter the fight with the fire transform. It doesn't matter too much, as he wont have any particular "Type" for the first phase.

After he's been reduced below 75% or so, he'll stop to cast [Oblivion] which will stun you while he changes Type. You can use this time to drop your Transform and Remove Shock the stun effect. He'll then pick a Type, and you should proceed to act accordingly with the information below. When you get him below 50%, he'll use [Oblivion] again, and switch to a different Type for the last phase. One he's killed during this Type, he'll die for good.

As a small note, you're not tied to using a specific Transform for each Type, but being in the "effective" Transform against a Type will give you a significant damage boost.

[Types]

Mage - Purple Icon: (Equip Fire Transform) "Your fate shall be tested with my imperturbable wisdom!"

Has some harder hitting attacks, and has a large AoE Pull to drag you back to him. His deadly attack is the summoning of 4 adds [Shadow of Oblivion Piece], one in each corner. Of these 4 adds, 1 of them will begin casting a skill, so either tab quickly or look for the casting animation, and kill it before it finishes casting. You can safely ignore the other 3.

Additional: Between summoning adds, he does have a few skills that hit hard. After he uses [Oblivion Explosion], he'll start casting [Magical Power Explosion], during which time you can use to drop transform and re-apply it to heal yourself if you need to.

Warrior - Red Icon: (Equip Wind Transform) "Your fate shall be tested with my great spear!"

Nothing too hard here, when he's alone, enter your Storm Surge (1), and spam attacks on him. His deadly attack is [Summon Shadows] which he'll frequently use which will spawn two adds [Shadow of Oblivion Piece]. When he summons these adds, exit Storm Surge (1) (so you can move again) and attack them from a distance. They die fairly fast, but deal large damage with their melee auto-attacks. Once they're dead, pop your stance again and resume your DPS on the boss.

Assassin - Blue Icon: (Equip Earth or Fire Transform, anything is fine to be honest) "Your fate shall be tested with my sharp dirk!"

The easiest of all possible options for the boss to pick. Every so often he'll prepare [Dirk of Oblivion] where he will teleport to a random place in the room, and begin using a massive AoE that only hits enemies far away from him. Simply stay in melee range of the boss for this fight and you wont have any issues.

Special - Green-ish Icon: (Equip Water Transform) "Your fate shall be tested with my mace of judgment!"

Another easy option, mostly. The boss will use [Contaminated Memory] to place a poison debuff on you, which you can remove with Healing Rain (4). 2 auto-attacks after this, he'll use [Oblivion Wave] twice in a row, which is a frontal cone attack and deals massive damage. After the 2nd auto-attack hits you, walk behind the boss to avoid the cone and continue your DPS and use your healing skill while attack skills are on cooldown.

I hope that helps some of you, if you've been struggling to understand how to approach the boss and get him killed.

Not a guide per se, but worth linking this run from Meyoh's (RIP) stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/109481447, B rank run while killing all 3 fatties, so that's (*edit) 3 frozen marbles per run (you need 12 for a reset scroll, so doing  2 daily B Rank runs you get a scroll every 2 days), it's easier for physical classes since your gear gives you better atk/crit to boost your fire xform (which'll you'll be on most of the time), casters can make an atk set too, but not much you can do about the lack of attack in magical weapons.

its nice you give a guide so to speak as far as what to do per type of boss so people have a better understanding. myself i dont bother trying to kill the end boss anymore, i just clear the  mobs and kill the 3 fattys for xp.  the end boss, i always seem to get the same one sin, warrior, then the 3rd has mace/ special i think,  that one always kills me every time, watched all the vids on u tube, listened to ppl who have killed it got alittle farther on him but still killed anyways. but as i said nice guide for those who do want to try and kill the end boss.

2 hours ago, Khyri-TM said:

Question, Do you think luna daily/weekly gives more XP instead of FoO?

At level 71, with no double XP or amulets or anything, luna daily gives me ~210mil XP a run, iirc (10.5mil a sphere). I'm not positive on how much FoO can give because I don't pay attention. : x

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

At level 71, with no double XP or amulets or anything, luna daily gives me ~210mil XP a run, iirc (10.5mil a sphere). I'm not positive on how much FoO can give because I don't pay attention. : x

34.25mill per fat drakan for level 71. I'm under the impression that luna instances got buffed exp wise as of 5.6. 20 luna for offense is pretty good.

Plus, Luna daily gives you the chance for untradable omega stones (A & S rank), and weekly can give tempering solutions and mythic supps, I think. I think weekly at 71 was also ~12mil a sphere (~240mil a run). Plus 7 weeklies with the quest turn-in gives you access to 90 or so +6 archdaeva stones of your choice. 7 dailies through quests gives an untradable level reduction stone.

Luna, imho, really is the way to go these days if you have some Ncoin to burn and don't have a massive stack of FoO scrolls to eat through. I think it's $2 a run for luna vs $1.50 or so for FoO scrolls if you're dropping RL kinah. Luna gives better rewards. Maybe alternating between the two so you don't die of mental stagnation would be an okay way to level?

18 hours ago, Tahabatanyrk-TM said:

its nice you give a guide so to speak as far as what to do per type of boss so people have a better understanding. myself i dont bother trying to kill the end boss anymore, i just clear the  mobs and kill the 3 fattys for xp.  the end boss, i always seem to get the same one sin, warrior, then the 3rd has mace/ special i think,  that one always kills me every time, watched all the vids on u tube, listened to ppl who have killed it got alittle farther on him but still killed anyways. but as i said nice guide for those who do want to try and kill the end boss.

I managed to kill him once for the campaign and that was it. Like you, I just aim for killing everything else and if I have time to try the boss at the end, I do. When I see I have to turn into wind I know it's over, though. The adds just keep spawning and eventually they catch up with me and I die. Fire followed by water or vice versa seems to be the easiest combo (that's how I killed him) but usually I end up with one of those two followed by wind >.<

I do, but the spawns seem non-stop. Once the first set spawns I can't even target the boss anymore because there's always another add to target.

(That and I'm a baddie who's so used to starting her rotation with 1, I end up unfreezing then refreezing myself in place more often than not. I have to retrain my brain.)

I personally have always used Fire against Warrior type. You might deal less damage per attack, but you wont have to focus on adds at all. Just fear them when they get close and they will die out of the DoT (or they die out of Fan of Flames if Horrific Blaze doesnt reach them). 

I recommended this to a legion mate who was having a similar problem, and he found this method a lot better.

Archived