Jump to content
Forums

Aion March Preview


Recommended Posts

  • Aion Team

Hello Daevas, 

Here is a preview for what to expect in March. Many of the features shared are still in active development so it may be subject to change.

Upcoming Events:

  • Shugo Sweep will be returning this month. 
  • A new event based inside of Tiamaranta's Eye will debut.
  • Triple EXP will be activated March 21 to March 28
  • Rainbow Snake Festival in all its glory will be returning later in the month.
  • Rotating boost weekends will continue through February.
    • Double EXP March 2 - March 4
    • Double drop March 9 - March 11
    • Double crafting March 16 - March 18
    • Double AP March 23 - March 25

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cyan locked this topic
  • Cyan unlocked and pinned this topic
8 hours ago, TeahAmi-DN said:

Surely it won't take that long, have Daeva Dash at the end of the month, and Tiamarants Eye end of April.

You underestimate the staff’s ability to fix events. Daeva Dash would be a complete failure if not fixed properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 0:05 AM, TeahAmi-DN said:

Surely it won't take that long, have Daeva Dash at the end of the month, and Tiamarants Eye end of April.

Yeah! Give us broken and exploitable things so we can cry about them being broken and exploitable! If you don't, we will cry about not having them RIGHT NOW!!! Either way, we are going to cry. You can't win, NCWest!

200.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The event was announced for February, I think its fair to ask why NCsoft needs more than 5 weeks to fix the event when 3 would suffice. What TeahAmi asked is actually reasonable, if you consider that in the past for things like Shugo Emperor Vault fixes came in within a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it is not reasonable. The event was announced a long time ago, yes. But the issues that came with the event werent noticed until last week. And these are not simple changes, they are core changes to the mechanics related to the instance. These will take time, even if the Dev team in Korea is fast. On top of that, the glitches experienced in those events did not prevent you from completing the instance, these do. So, yes, completely unreasonable to have that event running without those fixes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

No, it is not reasonable. The event was announced a long time ago, yes. But the issues that came with the event werent noticed until last week. And these are not simple changes, they are core changes to the mechanics related to the instance. These will take time, even if the Dev team in Korea is fast. On top of that, the glitches experienced in those events did not prevent you from completing the instance, these do. So, yes, completely unreasonable to have that event running without those fixes.

How could they not notice the problems until last week?

I don't get how this company works, both here and in KR. Does that mean KR released the broken event too and still haven't fixed it? Do they have 0 QA in KR?

And since EU got the broken event, told KR it was broken, KR didn't consider telling USA Ncsoft "Hey, you know that event you want to add in a couple of weeks? Yeah, it's broken" ?

Also, I don't see how any of the fixes would be core mechanic changes. So fixing that both sides get all the skills and not being stuck perma dead is a core change now?

Afaik there was only the one exploit, and it was due to server lag, if you looted during normal times you could never get more rewards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Real game developers don't need 5 weeks to fix an event. Other games I have played would crush this issue in a matter of days. Sorry but I agree with what some people are saying that delaying to April is way too long.

The issue isn't about 'wanting a broken instance' the issue is 'it should not be taken so long to fix it and subsequently it being delayed'.

Korea had this event long before EU I am surprised they are only noticing it now. Honestly stop defending NCsoft Korea because 5 weeks is unacceptable and just shows how incompetent and lazy they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not defending. It's being realistic. Having played this game almost from the word GO, this is normal. You can complain and cry and whine and call them names all you like and it isn't going to change. If it bugs you so much, the door is that way because it sure as hell isn't going to change.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's normal how can we even expect events like Tiamaranta's eye to work properly. The map hasn't been in the game for years and it's huge for an event instance. If there are problems with that is it gonna take 5 weeks as well. Safest option is to have Daeva Dash first at the last week of March and have Tiamarants eye at the end of April.

We put money into this game, we have a right to ask why the devs are incompetent. How can it be realistic when no event in the past took longer than 2 weeks in the past, yet all of a sudden 5 weeks is acceptable?

My expectations for the game are both realistic and reasonable based on experience of the actual game, and there has been no update or event that justifies this sort of delay.

I don't want broken events just like everyone else, but I am not gonna have the wool pulled over my eyes to believe this problem needs to take longer than 5 weeks to fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MissAnTung-KT said:

*snip*

We put money into this game, we have a right to ask why the devs are incompetent. How can it be realistic when no event in the past took longer than 2 weeks in the past, yet all of a sudden 5 weeks is acceptable?

*snip*

I honestly don't understand what you are saying here. What do you mean "no event in the past took longer than two weeks"? I don't think we have ever been told that a planned event was actually broken. Events either happen or they don't. Occasionally we did get an event that was broken and in those cases, a hot fixes was rushed in. This event came to us broken. Good for NCWest on catching that.

Something I also don't think you understand. Things that come out in Korea or in Russia or in the EU may work just fine for them but be broken when it gets to us because each of these regions has a slightly different game. For example, our Prestige Pack might clash with something. So Korea is told something doesn't work and they have to figure it out.

Not sure if you noticed, but Aion NA isn't a high priority with NCWest. It's even less of a priority with NCSoft (in Korea).

But don't listen to me. You keep throwing your little fit and demanding things now.

SilverTanBaboon-size_restricted.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Aion Team
On 3/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, Gaup-KT said:

So.............an infinite delay for Daeva dash? 

Daeva's Dash won't be delayed too much further. We're working with the development teams and have already received some fixes for identified bugs. Once we have a better idea of the state of Daeva's Dash and feel comfortable with it, we'll schedule it and announce the date for everyone.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 11:28 AM, 1s367359-DN said:

The event was announced for February, I think its fair to ask why NCsoft needs more than 5 weeks to fix the event when 3 would suffice. What TeahAmi asked is actually reasonable, if you consider that in the past for things like Shugo Emperor Vault fixes came in within a week.

well... that is not quite accurate, the event was announced in february as an upcoming event for ''the next few months''  and as you can see in the following posts nobody stated any exact date.

Aion February Preview

Producer’s Letter – February 2018

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the problem with "Daeva's Dash" Event is a simple one. As some are saying that it caused a lot of issues to the Union Server on EU, and it might possibly be one of the reason why 'Sanctum Defense' instance has been down on EU for about a month now (with no fix yet).

Also the issues with "Daeva's Dash" was known after NA announced about it in the 'February Preview' thread on 2nd Feb (as also pointed out by "DevilNest" above), and we didn't really get a exact date for it. EU got the Event running for 3 days from 9th Feb until 11th Feb, and the bugs where found around that time.

Truthfully, i would like the fixed version than the bugged version, as for the majority of players it always turned into a fail run from the start because of the bugs (on EU). And for that instance run, you only get rewarded with keys if you win the race (atleast on EU). If you lose, then no keys.

By the way, EU is going to get "Daeva's Dash" again this week running from 9th March to 11th March. Though it seems that keys might not be available since as quoted by them this weeks event run is a "stress run and the keys will be available on later date".

Most likely they are checking for more bugs, while applying on the main/live servers. So, if all things work fine (atleast on EU), we might get event soon here on NA as well.

Edited by Xauieo-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 8:12 AM, Cyan said:

Hello Daevas, 

Here is a preview for what to expect in March. Many of the features shared are still in active development so it may be subject to change.

Upcoming Events:

  • Shugo Sweep will be returning this month. 
  • A new event based inside of Tiamaranta's Eye will debut.
  • Triple EXP will be activated March 21 to March 28
  • Rainbow Snake Festival in all its glory will be returning later in the month.
  • Rotating boost weekends will continue through February.
    • Double EXP March 2 - March 4
    • Double drop March 9 - March 11
    • Double crafting March 16 - March 18
    • Double AP March 23 - March 25

Thank you

@Cyan hi,,any preview on Shugo Sweep rewards? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cyan unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...