Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - March 7, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JontheDestroyer-DN said:

Why do you fail at everything NCsoft everything you implement is broken anything that inconviences us takes you forever to fix but if it benefits us you fix it the next week or have emergency mant to fix it ...you need to fix this 

Fix what? There is no issue in Evergale Canyon. Get good. 

22 minutes ago, 2s1B6C5E-DN said:

When will we get lvl 80 mythic wrapping scrolls.  I planned my gear build around the ability to wrap items, and now its putting me at a disadvantage without being able to wrap these items.

Hahaha, you have +25 gear use it, how are you at a disadvantage?

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Thirdly, the implementation of the AFK kick for Evergale Canyon is a feature that will not be tolerated with abuse. Please look to the Coalition guidelines for a reference on appropriate behavior. If leaders abuse the kick feature, it is possible they will face action against their account. 

@Cyan

A suggestion, if not too late. Why not tie rewards to peoples participation? If you don't help out, win or lose, you get no rewards. I was under the impression this either will be or is a system for something else in the game.

26 minutes ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

Hahaha, you have +25 gear use it, how are you at a disadvantage?

If I'm asking for wraps it obviously means the gear is on another toon.  Like if your gear was on a toon in Danaria, which I know u do quite a bit of stuff, and they disabled transfering your gears would be stuck there.  Just like my gears are stuck on my alts.

Frankly, one of the simplest ideas, but perhaps would avoid a lot of drama, could be just removing the penalty for leaving the entrance.

Most players do get annoyed because they have no viable option. End up stuck in a league that is in for a certain loss, and on the other hand,leaving would make them have to wait the 15mins penalty. Having only these two possibilities become a frustrating experience. One prefers to stay and afk, eventually. The least worse between both.

Letting people freely leave leagues they don't intend to participate, without being concerned about long penalties would be interesting. Possibly, would avoid many players' insatisfaction

22 minutes ago, Rod-KT said:

Frankly, one of the simplest ideas, but perhaps would avoid a lot of drama, could be just removing the penalty for leaving the entrance.

Most players do get annoyed because they have no viable option. End up stuck in a league that is in for a certain loss, and on the other hand,leaving would make them have to wait the 15mins penalty. Having only these two possibilities become a frustrating experience. One prefers to stay and afk, eventually. The least worse between both.

Letting people freely leave leagues they don't intend to participate, without being concerned about long penalties would be interesting. Possibly, would avoid many players' insatisfaction

Something like that would solve nothing, in fact i think things would get worse, think about this, you go in and see your faction is loosing, instead to stay and help you just leave, or you dont like who is leading and leave, see a few people afk and leave, or..... etc... etc... etc...

The kick option is fine, in fact, since people think the kick option is activated, EC runs have being more active, in all runs i have been today, 5 so far, in every run the loosing faction had manace to get to 4k points.

1 hour ago, Rod-KT said:

44 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Something like that would solve nothing, in fact i think things would get worse, think about this, you go in and see your faction is loosing, instead to stay and help you just leave, or you dont like who is leading and leave, see a few people afk and leave, or..... etc... etc... etc...

The kick option is fine, in fact, since people think the kick option is activated, EC runs have being more active, in all runs i have been today, 5 so far, in every run the loosing faction had manace to get to 4k points.

I know your idea sounds reasonable, but I've seen a similar system implemented in other games and it had the results that @Vessttemona-KT described. Basically,  a lot of people end of abusing the privilege. This often means that even more  poor unfortunates get a pop  into a match that has no hope of a win at all. No one's happy at all.

Even if people get into a league that they don't prefer as   @Rod-KT  describes, if they go and try, it could also happen if they are truly outmatched, a reasonable alliance/ league leader should say "don't kick for AFK  we can't win"  or words to that affect. At worst case, well if you do leave, 15 minutes away from the keyboard for   a break isn't such a bad idea sometimes.

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Yeah definitely sure improvements in participation rates but in the last hour or 2 saw more AFK's as they realised kick didn't work but it was nice when I had 23/24 active in my first alliance today.

Lol this is funny Bryos telling me to get good coming from a pve queen and because why? All i want is Ncfail to do what they said they were gonna do , it has nothing to do with getting good but if you want to see how good i am i 'll happily destroy you in pvp in front of everyone in game just let me know you little punk and ill be there.

11 hours ago, Cyan said:

Thanks for the reports, we will look into it.

Hi cyan,

getting genuinely tired of people like this saying I’m doing something to disconnect people from the game which isn’t even possible to begin with. It’s harrassment and I think If you actually look the common issue is people at the middle of the map with  more players disconnect, I don’t go there among others and disconnect very infrequently. However people from both teams dc and no one has anything to do with it, it’s the instance and it only happens in evergale canyon, so please excuse these monkeys and what they have to say, do you really think a player can disconnect ONLY players in a single evergale canyon, and ONLY certain people? Lmao it’s a joke to be honest.

9 hours ago, DorelReparaTot-KT said:

So you think that person uses a program to click quickly and get lead only to afk? Umm. That's a stretch. Plus the "nice one" in that picture is that YOU are afk as well. Probably best for you that the alliance leader is afk, not that the kick function is working.

1 hour ago, JontheDestroyer-DN said:

Lol this is funny Bryos telling me to get good coming from a pve queen and because why? All i want is Ncfail to do what they said they were gonna do , it has nothing to do with getting good but if you want to see how good i am i 'll happily destroy you in pvp in front of everyone in game just let me know you little punk and ill be there.

Did you really just take that snarky ass post seriously?

1 hour ago, Momo-KT said:

Hi cyan,

getting genuinely tired of people like this saying I’m doing something to disconnect people from the game which isn’t even possible to begin with. It’s harrassment and I think If you actually look the common issue is people at the middle of the map with  more players disconnect, I don’t go there among others and disconnect very infrequently. However people from both teams dc and no one has anything to do with it, it’s the instance and it only happens in evergale canyon, so please excuse these monkeys and what they have to say, do you really think a player can disconnect ONLY players in a single evergale canyon, and ONLY certain people? Lmao it’s a joke to be honest.

Ok: i was on a cave, you got in with your group, we fight and .... mass dc. I runned to flag, you runned too, all fighting and.... mass dc. I go wall ruins, you go there too, pvp pvp pvp and..... mass dc. I just used your name on my other post to identify the run not you particularly, butsince you only run premades, check your choices of ally. A huge group of ppl using some programs can make disruptions yes. And darling im not the only one see the common factor of these runs with mass dc. So let the monkeys eat bananas.

59 minutes ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Ok: i was on a cave, you got in with your group, we fight and .... mass dc. I runned to flag, you runned too, all fighting and.... mass dc. I go wall ruins, you go there too, pvp pvp pvp and..... mass dc. I just used your name on my other post to identify the run not you particularly, butsince you only run premades, check your choices of ally. A huge group of ppl using some programs can make disruptions yes. And darling im not the only one see the common factor of these runs with mass dc. So let the monkeys eat bananas.

Seriously just stop.  No one person causes mass dc's and when mass dc's happen both sides mass dc.  I have seen mass dc's against every single elyos group out there premades and quick enters.  The instance is just buggy as nyerk.  between dc's in there and the que getting bugged for 2 days for a whole alliance of asmos I think you need to step back and use brain and see the instance is unstable.  You are tunnel visioning on something you believe and honestly it couldn't be further from the truth especially with all other evidence pointing to what I told you and that is Evergale just has alot more bugs now and unstable since 5.8 came out.  Do you really think he is gonna run a mass dc that dc's most of his side to come on man.

1 hour ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Asmodir, I know we Asmos all like to joke that Momo is DCing us, but it's just that -- a joke. One made in frustration at the situation. I have sendlogged during Evergales in which Momo wasn't even present.

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

Seriously just stop.  No one person causes mass dc's and when mass dc's happen both sides mass dc.  I have seen mass dc's against every single elyos group out there premades and quick enters.  The instance is just buggy as nyerk.  between dc's in there and the que getting bugged for 2 days for a whole alliance of asmos I think you need to step back and use brain and see the instance is unstable.  You are tunnel visioning on something you believe and honestly it couldn't be further from the truth especially with all other evidence pointing to what I told you and that is Evergale just has alot more bugs now and unstable since 5.8 came out.  Do you really think he is gonna run a mass dc that dc's most of his side to come on man.

Let's be fair, @Tyd-KT

When you and I played together we often encountered well-known hackers in open world and suspiciously we would lag like there was no tomorrow. It was almost as if our unaltered clients were having trouble making sense of things that should be impossible. Lag enough and people will disconnect. I believe that's where @Asmodir-DN's accusations are coming from.

That being said I honestly don't think it is one hacker causing everyone to DC in Evergale Canyon. Evergale has never been super stable, as you pointed out. There has been talk about the DCs being caused by some errant bit of code from the Korean version that had to do with internet cafes. That for some reason this code is being tripped and just dumping huge numbers out of the instance. It could also just be too many people in a poorly coded area, which would also explain the mass DCs at every Divine siege. Add to that that a large number of hackers in one area isn't going to make any of this better, going back to what you and I experienced together. If hacks are playing a part in the DCs in Evergale, they aren't tied to one hacker, even if they may just love the attention.

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Let's be fair, @Tyd-KT

When you and I played together we often encountered well-known hackers in open world and suspiciously we would lag like there was no tomorrow. It was almost as if our unaltered clients were having trouble making sense of things that should be impossible. Lag enough and people will disconnect. I believe that's where @Asmodir-DN's accusations are coming from.

That being said I honestly don't think it is one hacker causing everyone to DC in Evergale Canyon. Evergale has never been super stable, as you pointed out. There has been talk about the DCs being caused by some errant bit of code from the Korean version that had to do with internet cafes. That for some reason this code is being tripped and just dumping huge numbers out of the instance. It could also just be too many people in a poorly coded area, which would also explain the mass DCs at every Divine siege. Add to that that a large number of hackers in one area isn't going to make any of this better, going back to what you and I experienced together. If hacks are playing a part in the DCs in Evergale, they aren't tied to one hacker, even if they may just love the attention.

yeh but in all fairness too blatantly accusing 1 particular person is not so good either.  I myself in evergale have dc'd against qe's, premades and many different makeups. I have also not dc'd in an alliance while many others have so to me dc's don't discrimanate when they gonna happen you got to ride it out.  Tbh making totaly baseless claims on a instance just generally buggy as nyerk needs to stop to.  When I dc I have had 2 different ones had an internet cafe error and the other is just the good ole fashion send log.  I would suspect it is buggy code as happens to both sides and to often imo.  I have yet to have the Divine dc though I know week one KT had an issue and last week you did, but in general I have found the servers as a whole to be way more laggy then normal since 5.8 and I actually went and got wtfast last night which helped me a ton.  so perhaps maybe not entirely there code and maybe they have a hardware issue ongoing like a memory leak they have yet to find because I have been rubberbanding and lagging alot more and my ping is spiking to 130ms now when never went past 90 before and wtfast has me back down to below 60 mostly.

Just now, Tyd-KT said:

yeh but in all fairness too blatantly accusing 1 particular person is not so good either.  I myself in evergale have dc'd against qe's, premades and many different makeups. I have also not dc'd in an alliance while many others have so to me dc's don't discrimanate when they gonna happen you got to ride it out.  Tbh making totaly baseless claims on a instance just generally buggy as nyerk needs to stop to.  When I dc I have had 2 different ones had an internet cafe error and the other is just the good ole fashion send log.  I would suspect it is buggy code as happens to both sides and to often imo.  I have yet to have the Divine dc though I know week one KT had an issue and last week you did, but in general I have found the servers as a whole to be way more laggy then normal since 5.8 and I actually went and got wtfast last night which helped me a ton.  so perhaps maybe not entirely there code and maybe they have a hardware issue ongoing like a memory leak they have yet to find because I have been rubberbanding and lagging alot more and my ping is spiking to 130ms now when never went past 90 before and wtfast has me back down to below 60 mostly.

All valid points, @Tyd-KT. I just wanted to point out what you and I experienced together as the -reason- some may be pointing to hackers as part of the cause. They just happened to focus on one big name hacker. As you said that is hardly fair. (Though it feels weird to use the word "fair" when talking about hacks, right? lol) None of this is one person's fault.

Aion is really poorly optimized. We have always known this. I have found that routinely redownloading the whole freaking game helps a lot with some lag issues.. including ones that result in disconnects.

The water is so freaking muddy on what is causing the Evergale and other mass disconnects. It would not be prudent to blame any one thing for any of them.

Archived