Daylight Saving Time - March 11

Cyan

• Aion Team

Daylight Saving Time is set to begin in North America Sunday, March 11 at 2:00am Pacific Time. After this time change, all activity times like sieges, arenas, and battlefield instances will begin one hour later for anyone who lives in a Daylight Saving Time zone.

No downtime is required for this change. If there are any questions about this change, please feel free to post them here. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Cyan changed the title to Daylight Saving Time - March 11

Yikes. So abyss siege will now be at 10pm server time? That's 11pm EST. Really getting late for those of us that have to get up early for work.

@Cyan. Please consider changing times of sieges/instances to what they are -now-. If moving the server's clocks is too complicated for you guys, how about moving the times thing happen?

On 3/9/2018 at 5:10 PM, Cyan said:

Daylight Saving Time is set to begin in North America Sunday, March 11 at 2:00am Pacific Time. After this time change, all activity times like sieges, arenas, and battlefield instances will begin one hour later for anyone who lives in a Daylight Saving Time zone.

"Anyone" you mean 99% of North America. 

I have lots of friends who play from EU... But I have never understood why the expectation is that NCSoft will adjust times on the NA servers to accommodate those from EU?  Remember they are NA servers and they have to cater to NA players first.  This of course sucks for those playing outside of NA, but that's kind of the way it's meant to be.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, Jaimie-KT said:

I have lots of friends who play from EU... But I have never understood why the expectation is that NCSoft will adjust times on the NA servers to accommodate those from EU?  Remember they are NA servers and they have to cater to NA players first.  This of course sucks for those playing outside of NA, but that's kind of the way it's meant to be.

I agree and disagree with you. Those are NA servers, true, but people seem to miss the point that this community is not only full of NA players as you said yourself. To keep this game alive and healthy, you need to adjust the game to the playerbase which is changing constantly. NCWest did this around 1-2 years ago (don't remember the exact period, might be even earlier) where they sent out a survey and adjusted the instance and siege schedule. So after the merge happened, they said they would do this again, never did though and it's been months.

This is would not just EU players benefit, it would also benefit NA players, AUS players, new players, returning players, vet players and everyone else to adjust the schedules to the playerbase after a survey. As I said, it's not the first time they did it and it's not hard to send out a survey via in-game, imo.

23 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I agree and disagree with you. Those are NA servers, true, but people seem to miss the point that this community is not only full of NA players as you said yourself. To keep this game alive and healthy, you need to adjust the game to the playerbase which is changing constantly. NCWest did this around 1-2 years ago (don't remember the exact period, might be even earlier) where they sent out a survey and adjusted the instance and siege schedule. So after the merge happened, they said they would do this again, never did though and it's been months.

This is would not just EU players benefit, it would also benefit NA players, AUS players, new players, returning players, vet players and everyone else to adjust the schedules to the playerbase after a survey. As I said, it's not the first time they did it and it's not hard to send out a survey via in-game, imo.

I agree, we should have had the results of the survey a very long time ago.

However,  the target market is NA, not "Aion global", there is no such thing. Even NA players don't get the support that we used to , as we used to be able to pick east coast and west coast servers - we lost that in the first wave of mergers, that meant we had to compromise on siege and any other event times.

So far, the schedules that they have come up with seem to try to target when most people are online, which makes a lot of sense. That means really horrible times now though even for NA if they don't adjust for Daylight Savings Time (as they used to), which is about 90% of NA, don't understand why not- that can't be so costly for them. They've never explained this decision, it was just an announcement.

20 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

So far, the schedules that they have come up with seem to try to target when most people are online, which makes a lot of sense. That means really horrible times now though even for NA if they don't adjust for Daylight Savings Time (as they used to), which is about 90% of NA, don't understand why not- that can't be so costly for them. They've never explained this decision, it was just an announcement.

Mhm, indeed. But also keep in mind that NA players also change their gaming habits since NCSoft is not adjusting to their schedules (work, school, life etc.), that's why sending out a survey would be just a positive thing to do, imo. As I said, this is not all about other players outside North America. When you start playing on NA, you take the risk that you need to adjust but at some point this is not even possible anymore when even NA player have certain issues with the current schedule for example not adjusting with the DSTs.

A small side note too: NCWest has advertised their servers specificly to AUS players (as I've been told by AUS friends) for while now who have a hard time to stick to the old and current in-game schedules. Why would you advertise a game to them knowingly that it's player unfriendly for them?

So yeah, sending out a survey doesn't cost a thing even if the results might not change much, but at least put the effort. NCSoft also did it for choosing the new server names... Took everyone a few minutes to vote for it.

8 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Mhm, indeed. But also keep in mind that NA players also change their gaming habits since NCSoft is not adjusting to their schedules (work, school, life etc.), that's why sending out a survey would be just a positive thing to do, imo. As I said, this is not all about other players outside North America. When you start playing on NA, you take the risk that you need to adjust but at some point this is not even possible anymore when even NA player have certain issues with the current schedule for example not adjusting with the DSTs.

A small side note too: NCWest has advertised their servers specificly to AUS players (as I've been told by AUS friends) for while now who have a hard time to stick to the old and current in-game schedules. Why would you advertise a game to them knowingly that it's player unfriendly for them?

So yeah, sending out a survey doesn't cost a thing even if the results might not change much, but at least put the effort. NCSoft also did it for choosing the new server names... Took everyone a few minutes to vote for it.

AUS player used to have their own server, dedicated for their own time zone, supported and managed by NCWest. It was shut down years ago and the players on that server were given free transfers to the remaining servers .  There is no longer any appropriate server that fits their specific market but note that NCWest does not operate a server specifically for South America either, but markets to South America - which  has multiple languages and time zones as well.

All sieges are at 11PM (so they end near midnight) and 2nd Suna at 1AM (end at 2AM+ if the opposing faction fights for it) for New York time zone... come on.

58 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

Leave the siege times exactly where they are .  Kt Asmos actually manage to get people with the time change so it makes the server alot more balanced.

The time change has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's because we finally hit buff level 10, so siege is easy mode. Plus, having Divine right now (instead of the weeks before, since 5.8 came out) is a lot more profitable considering people actually need the AP from the Mirash gear turn-ins.

21 minutes ago, knee-DN said:

All sieges are at 11PM (so they end near midnight) and 2nd Suna at 1AM (end at 2AM+ if the opposing faction fights for it) for New York time zone... come on.

The time change has absolutely nothing to do with it, it's because we finally hit buff level 10, so siege is easy mode. Plus, having Divine right now (instead of the weeks before, since 5.8 came out) is a lot more profitable considering people actually need the AP from the Mirash gear turn-ins.

Not true and not relating to just seige where uppers yes had a 9 and divine 7 but we are actually getting numbers for Suna and have been taking them regularly, also we almost had 200 for Divine when was averaging 70.  So yes the time change has and the tia event I feel has had something to it as kt a numbers server wide has seemed to increase

Archived