Mercenary For PVP

Sethton-KT

I am sure i will get a lot of dumb replies but I really do not like PVP.  I do not want to PVP and will avoid it as much as possible.  Some people have been nice and left me alone but most do not.  

So, this brings me to my suggestion. Can AION introduce Mercenaries so that those of us who do not want to PVP can higher bodyguards?  They have an hourly fee? Can hold off an attacker long enough for us to escape?  Anything would be nice.  I am sure this could go alot of different ways and be alot of fun to have.  Anyone else like this idea?

I, to be honest, like it. :P But this is me being a PvE player trying to do stuff on a PvP map and being sick of being interrupted by annoying PvP while soloing a boss.

You probably were not around back when Danaria was around. The main area in that map had several Shugo Bodyguards walking around this disputed city (Pandarunerk's Delve), so if Elyos and Asmos attacked each other, they would kill whoever attacked. That was a pretty interesting and funny mechanic. Tiamaranta used to have it as well, but to a lesser degree.

It's unlikely that such a system would work well. NPC guards are easily distracted, and all you need is one person to distract the guards to lure them away while other people kill you. Also, any system that depends on the person being attacked first before guards take action is likely to be exploited. For example, a person could hire guards and run around with them harassing other people because they know that the other person can't fight back without consequences.

It's highly unfair of you to call other replies "dumb" when you haven't even considered the problems that are likely to arise from the idea you want to implement.

13 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

It's unlikely that such a system would work well. NPC guards are easily distracted, and all you need is one person to distract the guards to lure them away while other people kill you. Also, any system that depends on the person being attacked first before guards take action is likely to be exploited. For example, a person could hire guards and run around with them harassing other people because they know that the other person can't fight back without consequences.

It's highly unfair of you to call other replies "dumb" when you haven't even considered the problems that are likely to arise from the idea you want to implement.

Those shugos in Danaria where really op, if you dared to hit one Elyo/Asmo you would be dead before trying to do the second skill, only in one small area could do it having a great damage and a great timing, otherwise RIP. 

5 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Those shugos in Danaria where really op, if you dared to hit one Elyo/Asmo you would be dead before trying to do the second skill, only in one small area could do it having a great damage and a great timing, otherwise RIP. 

Yes I remember them, and there were ways to get kills by standing in certain sections of the map where people traversed to get there that was just out of bodyguard sight range. There are videos of this but I can't be bothered tracking them down.

OP is talking about hiring guards to follow him around, not guards that stand around in town. It's just another system that will be exploited and OP won't be able to avoid PvP regardless.

What was your point exactly?

i suggested this kinda thing on the old forums, love the idea, i love pvp but also love the idea of a bounty system, as in a bounty on ya head so ya can see how irritating you are in the game and so peeps that dont want pvp can just put a bounty on someones head, shocked aion has never implemented something like this before, would be a giggle, spesh as in 4.5 i had a chap raging at me a lot on his ely alt and id have loved him to pop one on me, im a derp irl and in game but if someone asks for no pvp ill just leave em to it, i want peeps to enjoy aion as much as i do so dont wanna ruin the game for snother person, shame thers not more peeps like me but then everyone could blurt "no pvp" and be left alone, the bounty reward would be a giggle ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Forgotten - I do completely understand there would have to be a lot that goes into this type of add in.   I agree that it could be exploited, but i also think that if they tried to make it right  then it could be.  My thing is I HATE pvp.  simple.  I do not go around talking crap.  I ask as often as i can for no pvp. Some times they are nice enough to leave me alone and kill the next guy, but more often then not they kill me anyway and laugh.  This inst fun.   As far as my comment about dumb replies. I was expecting replies like " its a pvp game you should leave" " if you dont like it go cry somewhere else" normal bullying style things like that.  As this is the common response i get from players who love to torment others.  And i say torment because i have had elys  come back time and time again day after day and kill me. Because i quest in the same area or things like that.  Its not fun being tormented.

Avinalaf- bounty's would be nice.  i would dump money on that to get certain ones.  Not like it would stop them from killing me. Likely just make them seek me out and kill me more.  In the current event  TIA stronghold thingy.  i just want to go in and kill mobs, quest, look for chest, join in killing the fat guys or suna. But it is extremely hard for me to do this because i die on average about every 5 min.  Not from the mobs. but from elys.  Some are nice.  I went chest hunting last night with an ely and we took turns opening chests.  Untill an ely killed me.

no one cares  and this is unimportant but i will try to give a brief reason as to why i would prefer NO PVP or some way to protect myself even a little bit from it.

I suffer from Major Depression, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, TRD (treatment resistant depression) RLS, Sleep Apnea, Suicidal thoughts and actions,  just to name a few.  I am in a constant state of mental and physical pain.  My medications do not work and get changed every 4 months or so in an effort to find something that may help. I am in therapy and go to several groups. None of which seem to be helping.  The only thing i have found that really allows me to have some peace and distraction from my brain is games like this.  I have tried several.  I play more than one.  It helps when i cant sleep and cant escape the pain.  I NEED distractions if im going to have a chance to heal.  

I would be more than happy to be PVE all the way and it would help me so much. But i am being forced in a sense to play PVP. I find this unfair.  I say forced because most games that have this much depth have some concept of PVP in them. So my choice is get killed by other players and be upset and frustrated and in pain or ....  well if you cant understand the other choice there is no reason for me to say it.  I know Aion will not change.  I know there will never be anything that will protect me from PVP. I just wish i could find a good fun distraction that didnt come with pain. 

@Sethton-KT Have you considered using the Aion Ely-Asmo text translator website (http://nya.aiononline.cz/translator/) to make a quick "Please no pvp. I am not feeling well." Or something similar. You can keep the text copied and just paste it in as a /shout quickly whenever you see the opposite faction coming toward you. Personally, if I saw someone say that, I absolutely would not attack them. There are many people who still would, but that might help you avoid a few encounters.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:10 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

@Sethton-KT Have you considered using the Aion Ely-Asmo text translator website (http://nya.aiononline.cz/translator/) to make a quick "Please no pvp. I am not feeling well." Or something similar. You can keep the text copied and just paste it in as a /shout quickly whenever you see the opposite faction coming toward you. Personally, if I saw someone say that, I absolutely would not attack them. There are many people who still would, but that might help you avoid a few encounters.

i have not used that  normally i have a private store ready to go so i can sit and say something. but i may use that.  it works some of the time.  i just wish that games like this could see and understand that some people....  maybe a large number maybe 5 people... dont like pvp   make a piece of gear that when worn you cant pvp. and it cant be removed for 30 days or something.   i would buy that. lol

On 3/24/2018 at 10:53 PM, Sethton-KT said:

i have not used that  normally i have a private store ready to go so i can sit and say something. but i may use that.  it works some of the time.  i just wish that games like this could see and understand that some people....  maybe a large number maybe 5 people... dont like pvp   make a piece of gear that when worn you cant pvp. and it cant be removed for 30 days or something.   i would buy that. lol

If you decide to try the translator, I would make it into a macro so that you can just one-click it out and it's already ready to go as soon as you see someone. Remember it's not a guarantee, but some of us would pay attention if you worded it politely and to the point. :)

Archived