Forums

Updated: Return to Tiamaranta's Eye Event Reward List

Cyan

8 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Cyan. instead of just closing all the threads about this event, can you just give us an explanation about what happened? We do not need the full complete text from the invisible gydeon or somebody else without a clue about this. We trust in you, you are our community manager. We know that all this wasn´t decided by you and your work is to just tell us what they did. But we really need an explanation about what happened, which was the problem (even when we are almost sure the amount of coins collected was the problem), and what do YOU think will happen. Could be nice to have your own words. 

The explanation is quite simple, the event was broken... pick the point you want:  loot distribution, drop rate, exchange rate for rewards, it doesn't matter the thing is that only 12 hours of event made a complety chaos, it destroyed the economy of the game. 
  Some people that farmed non stop this few hours, for example someone form my Legion managed to get more than 50 manastone +12.  Don't you think that's crazy and game breaking ?
  The most unfair thing is that after the reset the items already obtained are still there, so all the people who couldn't play during the day will be at a huge disadvantage, we are talking about of months and months of farm ( for non PW2 peeps) made in a few hours.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

The explanation is quite simple, the event was broken... pick the point you want:  loot distribution, drop rate, exchange rate for rewards, it doesn't matter the thing is that only 12 hours of event made a complety chaos, it destroyed the economy of the game. 
  Some people that farmed non stop this few hours, for example someone form my Legion managed to get more than 50 manastone +12.  Don't you think that's crazy and game breaking ?
  The most unfair thing is that after the reset the items already obtained are still there, so all the people who couldn't play during the day will be at a huge disadvantage, we are talking about of months and months of farm ( for non PW2 peeps) made in a few hours.

ty so much for your words. but I asked for cyan´s :P

economy broken? I play since 3.7. I saw a lot of real issues in the economy and today was not one of those. I know what you think and I also made a huge effort everytime to get what I got, yet after the P2W transformation, this was one of the more fair "unspected situations" we had. But, even when I think I know what was the problem, and most of the people here have the same opinion, I would like to read an offcial voice telling us exactly what hapened in their minds. 

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

La explicación es bastante simple, el evento se rompió ... escoge el punto que quieras: distribución de botín, tasa de caída, tipo de cambio para recompensas, no importa que solo 12 horas de evento hayan creado un caos completo. destruyó la economía del juego. 
  Algunas personas que cultivan no detienen estas pocas horas, por ejemplo, alguien de mi Legión logró obtener más de 50 manastones +12. ¿No crees que es una locura y se rompe el juego?
  Lo más injusto es que después del restablecimiento los elementos ya obtenidos siguen allí, por lo que todas las personas que no pudieron jugar durante el día estarán en una gran desventaja, estamos hablando de meses y meses de granja (para los que no son PW2) píos) hecho en unas pocas horas.

destroy the economy of the game, should I force myself to pay real money to be something in the game or gain a base of effort and good farming?

43 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

ty so much for your words. but I asked for cyan´s :P

economy broken? I play since 3.7. I saw a lot of real issues in the economy and today was not one of those. I know what you think and I also made a huge effort everytime to get what I got, yet after the P2W transformation, this was one of the more fair "unspected situations" we had. But, even when I think I know what was the problem, and most of the people here have the same opinion, I would like to read an offcial voice telling us exactly what hapened in their minds. 

i guess we have really diferent concepts about when something is broken...  for me farming 100 omegas in half a day is broken, farming 250 soulstones in half a day is broken... just do the maths, this event was suposed to last till april 11, everyone and their alts would be full AP 80 +25 or people could save three Thousands of omegas (or more using alts at fatties) for 6.0 npc trades and make a big imbalance even in future patches.
and what would be the point of doing any normal content after an event like this

15 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i guess we have really diferent concepts about when something is broken...  for me farming 100 omegas in half a day is broken, farming 250 soulstones in half a day is broken... just do the maths, this event was suposed to last till april 11, everyone and their alts would be full AP 80 +25 or people could save three Thousands of omegas (or more using alts at fatties) for 6.0 a make a big imbalance even in future patches.
and what would be the point of doing any normal content after an event like this

I know that today omegas and manastones are so expensive. But the only reasson for that is that we can get so few of them. Much less than the quantity that we all need. For that reasson they have high prices. But that wasn´t the reality in Aion all the times. In the past we had more high grade manastones. Having 100 of them from the broker wasn´t something so weird. I bought so many HP +100, MB +28, Block +29 for my different gears and they weren´t expensive. The economy did not collapsed for that. And even wen enchantment stones used to be expensive always, in some events we got many of them. In some good weeks on alchemist event we had 50 of them or even more. On those weeks a lot of players enchanted their gear, and the game survived. 

But the chain has many items even today. Gear, manastones, omegas, supplements, upgrade materials, level reduction stones. So even if we have a lot of 2 of those for a month, still the other ones will avoid everyone to have the best gear. And after this event, they will recover their price too. Of course, wont be a good idea to repeat the "enchantment event" that we had few weeks ago for a while or nobody will buy them from BCM, but that´s all. 

They will destroy everything that we have in some months. We will most of our toons almost naked on 6.0. We will get some medium gear if we manage to have endgame gear now. So even this was a nice way to give us an option to have something to play with on 6.0 or to risk everything in just one toon to have some advantage now. 

And something more, prob 80% of those omegas could be used by top players just to try to get +30 gear. (losing most of them in the process). And the remaining could be used for casual a new players to have something. We are on the last months of aion 1-5 , and we almost reach our end. Is not a  problem to let more people to have something better. 

And they are not doing this to protect us or the economy or the game. Almost everything on the game is broken now. We lost most of our community. The only reasson for them to do this, is to save their chances to get money. They never cared so much about our economy (did they? you remember them making changes to save the economy for us?). They just realized that they were giving so many items for free and they probably have plans on future events to sell the same items for us. And nobody will care about the number of those items we can get in BCM. Nobody will care if we fill the broker with them. Nobody will care if is fair or right if somebody can get 50 manastones in 1 day with money. So the problem here and the real reasson to stop this event is not fairness or thinking that a large number of those items could affect something for us. They are just realizing that omegas and temperings are 2 of the items that still provide real money to them from the BCM. 

So because a bunch of players get an advantage your solution is to disadvantage everyone else who had to do crazy stuff like work for a living?  Awesome... Great idea...

Easy solution to it all as well FFS... Make it so each toon can only hand in so many coins for the event, change all the items people bought so far back into coins.

Doing nothing or nerfing it to death so no one will get anything and it turns into yet another farm fest is just going to drive more players away...

Can you put the NCP to trade in our coins with the prices at the event description please?, at least to not feel we lose the playtime yesterday because is unfair we couldn't even trade in even 1 coin because we didn't know about any "malfunction" of the game or so.

6 minutes ago, Spirithq-KT said:

what is schedule for Eye, now it is closed, in news no info for time table to see when the eye is opend and when it is closed ....

It was bugged and was pulled down. There isn't a firm date for it's return yet.

3 minutes ago, Nihal-DN said:

Cyan gave us a time table “maybe this week, maybe next week, maybe the one after, maybe later”. Helpful, right?

Korea are the ones that need to fix this event and they are the ones that handed it to NCWest broken.. and didn't know it was broken.

I can see why @Cyan hasn't a clue when it will be fixed.

9 hours ago, Kaim-KT said:

npc, deactivating it without letting us exchange our coins is straight up disgusting. 

Agreed. It's straight up BS.  We finally had the community online and excited (did anyone check the number of people online? It was amazing), and as soon as ncsoft realized they could lose money from this they took it down immediately, screwing the people that spent all day collecting and didn't turn in, but rewarding those who already turned in.  We finally have a good event, a good map back,  open world pvp on a scale that I haven't seen in years when Sunyaka (sp?) spawned, and ncsoft does what it does best...screws us over thinking only of themselves.  

So you screwed up the mechanics and want to fix it, fine...but at the VERY LEAST you need to allow those of us with coins already to exchange them at the same rate offered before.  Then you can take the 6 months you normally do, to fix the eye...losing more members then you already have.  If you want to keep the community alive throwing in a survey with one of those new magnificent minion contracts(6 type) with a guaranteed A would be a great place to start.  

You have a serious PR problems and it would be great to see you take steps to try to improve it, instead of being content to squeeze out every last dollar you can before the game dies...which is what you appear to have been doing for quite some time.

SHAKING MY DAMN HEAD.

-PhizzPewPew

8 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i guess we have really diferent concepts about when something is broken...  for me farming 100 omegas in half a day is broken, farming 250 soulstones in half a day is broken... just do the maths, this event was suposed to last till april 11, everyone and their alts would be full AP 80 +25 or people could save three Thousands of omegas (or more using alts at fatties) for 6.0 npc trades and make a big imbalance even in future patches.

People farmed massive amounts of omegas and temperings from smoldering fire temple in a single day and the economy didn't collapse, it thrived. People are never going to STOP needing omega's, it will just drive people to plus up their gear higher and higher, roll new toons and gear them up as well..etc, etc.  Besides, the last thing this community needs is to nyerk off more people and lose more members.  This event had people excited and coming out of the woodwork again.  At what point is that more important?

The event can and probably should be nurfed, but taken away without letting half the population exchange when half already had was just plain stupid and rude.

DUDE IM GOING TO MAKE THIS REALLY SIMPLE......THERE ARE HUNDREDS I REPEAT HUNDREDS OF NEW AND RETURNING USERS WHO ARE HERE SPECIFICALLY BECUASE OF TIAMANTRAS EYE AND TO GET READY FOR 6.0.........THESE PEOPLE ARE READY TO PLAY!!!!!!.......FOR STARTERS AN ENTIRE FACTION WAR SHOULD BE RAN MY A MODERATOR NOT A PLAYER WITH OPPOSITE FACTION PULL FOR FACTION VICTORY SWAY!!!!!!......THIS GAME HAS BEEN RAN WRONG FOR LONG TIME AND TIME THAT NC DOES SOMETHING TO FIX THE FACTION ISSUES AND THE ISSUES WITH NEW PLAYERS AND RETURNING PLAYERS BEING STUCK BECUASE OF FACTION SWAY!!!!! NOW FOR THE TIAS EYE!!!....HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO GET EVERYONE RUNNING ALL DAY TO FARM THE NEW UPDATE......THEN WHEN ITS ALMOST TIME FOR EVERYONE TO QUIT FARMING YOU TAKLE IT FROM US BEFORE WE CAN EVEN GET OUR PRIZES!!!.....WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.....TIME IS MONEY AND YOU PEOPLE ARE STEALING OUR TIME AND MONEY FROM US BY TAKING AWAY THE EVENT......THIS EVENT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED PAST THE TIME EQUIVILENT TO WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN!!!!! I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE HERE WHEN I SAY THERE HAS BEEN WAY TO MANY PROBLEMS LATELY!!!!!!.......WHAT IS NC THINKING??????? HONOSTY WE JUST WANT OUR nyerkING PORTAL BACK AND NPC.....WE GOT GOOD EXP FROM THE MOBS....AND I THINK THE OPEN PVP TO GRIND IS GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY TO SEE EACHOTHER WORK HARD AGAINST THE OPPOSITE FACTION!!!! THIS TIAS EYE WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT AND WAS A HUGE HIT FOR THE COMMUNITY.....WE ALL ENJOYED IT NOW GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Arkaida-KT said:

DUDE IM GOING TO MAKE THIS REALLY SIMPLE......THERE ARE HUNDREDS I REPEAT HUNDREDS OF NEW AND RETURNING USERS WHO ARE HERE SPECIFICALLY BECUASE OF TIAMANTRAS EYE AND TO GET READY FOR 6.0.........THESE PEOPLE ARE READY TO PLAY!!!!!!.......FOR STARTERS AN ENTIRE FACTION WAR SHOULD BE RAN MY A MODERATOR NOT A PLAYER WITH OPPOSITE FACTION PULL FOR FACTION VICTORY SWAY!!!!!!......THIS GAME HAS BEEN RAN WRONG FOR LONG TIME AND TIME THAT NC DOES SOMETHING TO FIX THE FACTION ISSUES AND THE ISSUES WITH NEW PLAYERS AND RETURNING PLAYERS BEING STUCK BECUASE OF FACTION SWAY!!!!! NOW FOR THE TIAS EYE!!!....HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO GET EVERYONE RUNNING ALL DAY TO FARM THE NEW UPDATE......THEN WHEN ITS ALMOST TIME FOR EVERYONE TO QUIT FARMING YOU TAKLE IT FROM US BEFORE WE CAN EVEN GET OUR PRIZES!!!.....WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.....TIME IS MONEY AND YOU PEOPLE ARE STEALING OUR TIME AND MONEY FROM US BY TAKING AWAY THE EVENT......THIS EVENT NEEDS TO BE EXTENDED PAST THE TIME EQUIVILENT TO WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN!!!!! I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE HERE WHEN I SAY THERE HAS BEEN WAY TO MANY PROBLEMS LATELY!!!!!!.......WHAT IS NC THINKING??????? HONOSTY WE JUST WANT OUR nyerkING PORTAL BACK AND NPC.....WE GOT GOOD EXP FROM THE MOBS....AND I THINK THE OPEN PVP TO GRIND IS GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY TO SEE EACHOTHER WORK HARD AGAINST THE OPPOSITE FACTION!!!! THIS TIAS EYE WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT AND WAS A HUGE HIT FOR THE COMMUNITY.....WE ALL ENJOYED IT NOW GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!

I get your mad most of us our but seriously all caps lock this is like next level anger.  See what they say today when they come in as they won't be in for bit yet as I am sure they will say something soon other then working on it as the figuritive crap has hit the fan and no amount of rage or caps lock is gonna bring you back your event until fixed.  So just breathe

Capslocking your way through is not going to solve anything, @Arkaida-KT

People here should have some decent respect for Cyan, he's just a community coordinator. He doesn't handle the bugs, he handles the forums. He's basically our bridge between players and the NCWest staff, which then they talk it through with developers from Korea.

I said this before, our incomplete patch makes events bug and glitch out in unnatural ways. Korea doesn't want to give us all the things they did.

lol I just like caps cuss it expresses you know.....especially when I need to get a point across lol

yeh I like cyan too...he gives info lol!!!!

most of our community will be extremely happy if they give us our portal back.........and I think they should start having server moderators run faction wars!!!!......there are a lot of games who do this because it stops faction sway through players giving everyone an opportunity to fight for there faction!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I said this before, our incomplete patch makes events bug and glitch out in unnatural ways. Korea doesn't want to give us all the things they did.

I agree with this but this is all the more reason why it should of been better tested and never made it through QA and into live environment.  I get resources may be short but honestly this caused more harm then good in 12 hours.  So we can blame Korea all we want but NA and the QA testing of events I feel hold a big share of the responsibility as well

Archived