Forums

Tiamaranta's Eye

GenericUser4611

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Pretty sure getting 100 omegas in <12 hours while in a league was a completely unintended mechanic.

This isn't even NCsoft bodyguarding; this is what the f*ck else did you expect them to do? People now have their full l80ap sets with +11 manastones with the ability to +20+ them in less than a day. Can you imagine the damage that's been done to the economy? Let alone the damage that would be done if they kept the status quo?

what I expect? really? I will tell you

I expect somebody serious on the company who test the events and features before making them live in the game. that is what I expect. Sounds too weird?

And what it will do to the economy... well it can do the same thing when they changed the crafting recipes and things, or similar than all the changes in the manastones or stigmas. But on all those they got money. so nobody had a problem if the economy crashed many times. Probably you do not remember the omegas at 500M or temperings at 1B. But nobody cared about economy then. 

So what if for some weeks the omegas go to 5M each one cause the event was not like they supposed to be? The game can not be more nyerked than now. 200-300 players online on the most populated server-faction. So, now is not our problem. If they are allowed to sell omegas on BCM and nobody cares about the economy then or the umbalance between players, why is a big deal now. Everyone can get those. Was free. We were playing as a faction. And just a couple of important items at low price wont be a big issue. We still need the gear. 

and... wasn´t a serious error that we had so few boxes in tia according to the keys we got, right? I did not see a single box on all the time there. But that´s ok. Is not serious. That it is ok ause it is supposed to be that way. Divine still do not provide GP. Now, what do you think needs more attention?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really have no idea how you lot can't fathom the amount of damage someone having 100 omegas can do, especially in prep for 6.0.

1 minute ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

what I expect? really? I will tell you

I expect somebody serious on the company who test the events and features before making them live in the game. that is what I expect. Sounds too weird?

And what it will do to the economy... well it can do the same thing when they changed the crafting recipes and things, or similar than all the changes in the manastones or stigmas. But on all those they got money. so nobody had a problem if the economy crashed many times. Probably you do not remember the omegas at 500M or temperings at 1B. But nobody cared about economy then. 

So what if for some weeks the omegas go to 5M each one cause the event was not like they supposed to be? The game can not be more nyerked than now. 200-300 players online on the most populated server-faction. So, now is not our problem. If they are allowed to sell omegas on BCM and nobody cares about the economy then or the umbalance between players, why is a big deal now. Everyone can get those. Was free. We were playing as a faction. And just a couple of important items at low price wont be a big issue. We still need the gear. 

For f*cks sake. I remember more shit than I ever care to after being here for too nyerk long.

Full level 80 AP gear.

Full +11 manastones.

Full +15+ gear.

Thousands of new omega stones...WHICH ARE HUGELY VALUABLE IN 6.0 (even the untradable ones!). In the hands of those who no-life'd the day away.

All in one day. ONE. DAY. Or 12 hours, less than a day. Those of you who were home all day just blew the doors off of those who weren't.

You know what? NCsoft bodyguard here: NCsoft just lost tens of thousands of dollars in a single day. I'm curious to see how they fix this, or if they even will.

I THINK THEY SHOULD ROLLBACK THE SERVER TO MAINT THIS MORNING. I WANT TO WATCH YOU KIDS CRY.

Well, to remember all the people who came back to the game just to check this event... The amount of players reflecting even directly in the rankings... 

This is an incredibly embarrassing episode for the company. Had an opportunity to show improvement in front of many, old and new alike. Turns out as a failure of big proportions and frustration feelings that will be remembered for a long time, surely.

Just unbelievable for this to happen. The bad PR and word of mouth this will create, especially from the inactive players who just gave it a try. Can't even begin to comprehend all the negative consequences.

I wonder if everyone is overlooking the possibility that this could be something really simple. What if they're enabling coalitions so that 1 league does not dominate all the fatties while everyone else gets to sit around begging for leftovers? What if they're changing respawn rates or the HP of certain mobs? What if they're addressing an issue my friends and I had where we would not get credit for kills that were entirely done by our own group.

EDIT: It goes without saying that the lack of communication is likely more damaging to NC Soft as it allows for some out-there speculation instead of building trust by just saying "Ey here's what didn't work and why, sorry lads".

1 minute ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I wonder if everyone is overlooking the possibility that this could be something really simple. What if they're enabling coalitions so that 1 league does not dominate all the fatties while everyone else gets to sit around begging for leftovers? What if they're changing respawn rates or the HP of certain mobs? What if they're addressing an issue my friends and I had where we would not get credit for kills that were entirely done by our own group.

you're cute and innocent, run while you can

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I really have no idea how you lot can't fathom the amount of damage someone having 100 omegas can do, especially in prep for 6.0.

For f*cks sake. I remember more shit than I ever care to after being here for too nyerk long.

Full level 80 AP gear.

Full +11 manastones.

Full +15+ gear.

Thousands of new omega stones...WHICH ARE HUGELY VALUABLE IN 6.0 (even the untradable ones!). In the hands of those who no-life'd the day away.

All in one day. ONE. DAY. Or 12 hours, less than a day. Those of you who were home all day just blew the doors off of those who weren't.

You know what? NCsoft bodyguard here: NCsoft just lost tens of thousands of dollars in a single day. I'm curious to see how they fix this, or if they even will.

I THINK THEY SHOULD ROLLBACK THE SERVER TO MAINT THIS MORNING. I WANT TO WATCH YOU KIDS CRY.

They made this mistake, deserved to lost this money. Why should i pay with my time for their mistake?

• Aion Team

Hey everyone, 

I know this was sudden but it was important for us to stop the event in its current form quickly. The event will be activated again soon, and any coins you may have accumulated will be usable so you haven't wasted a day gathering them as I've seen mentioned a few times in this thread. We don't have all the details yet, so please remain patient and we'll get the news out as soon as we can.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, 

I know this was sudden but it was important for us to stop the event in its current form quickly. The event will be activated again soon, and any coins you may have accumulated will be usable so you haven't wasted a day gathering them as I've seen mentioned a few times in this thread. We don't have all the details yet, so please remain patient and we'll get the news out as soon as we can.

Thank you.

This answers nothing. What was wrong. What did you guys break? You didn't specify if rewards prices were changing. You answered nothing and continue to waste our time.  

Just now, Warnin-DN said:

They made this mistake, deserved to lost this money. Why should i pay with my time for their mistake?

No one deserves to lose money because of a mistake. I'm sure you'd readily change your tune if you lost a few thousand dollars because of a mistake you made (that you may not have even known about...like maybe on your taxes?).

Who would test that the mobs aren't lootable as a league? How did this slip through Korea's notice during the first iteration of the event there?

But, hey, looks like you get to keep your coins. Congratz.

3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, 

Thank you.

“Activated again soon” soon like Daeva Dash? ill be back in 1 month see you

17 minutes ago, Viann-KT said:

Hello Cyan

With all due respect, we have all the holy day collected coins and keys, it is totally unfair that we now take away everything we have done in the day.

An event of experience, two level reduction untradeables, a berdin lucky star will not compensate the 40 omegas that many already believed to have in our pockets because we spent all day there ...

More than two weeks without events, now they put something good they take it from us without giving us a reason.

We want them to let us obtain what was rightfully ours, put the npc and fulfill what they had already promised us.

What a rage! When it comes to your pocket there is a reset, but when it comes to gameplay you never hear about "serious errors"

the fact u think they care amuses me,

1: they are known for making u pay tons of money then giving that stuff out

2: they then make u spend months getting thatstuff when u finally get it poof new stuff pls pay us more

3 when 6.0 comes they will be FORCEFULLY taking all your kinah + all your gear dont u pay attention?

4: this would allow us to catch up the ptw hackers and they bribe gms so we cant have that.

thats ncsoft for u just remember how u got treated when they invite you to aion 2  or aion 6.0 after they take all your gear kinah and other crap away from u, u know for your own good of course .

Just now, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, 

Thank you.

Unless the prices at the event npc are exactly the same as they were today everyone will be pissed just saying.

5 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Do you remember when ppl were duplicating shit?
I know ppl who had over 1k epsilons and 100+ silence/para godstones. ppl went from +0 gear to full +15 and super rich in a single day aswell.
It wasn't even an event. It was simple bug abusing. What happened to those ppl? NOTHING. The only ones who got ban (if you can call 3 days a "ban") were the ones who duplicated their ap

• Cyan locked this topic
  • Aion Team

I locked this thread temporarily to lets things cool down and go through every post. I understand you're all frustrated, but please keep your posts constrictive on the forums. The event will be returning as soon as we can get a fix from the developers. It is unknown when that is, which is why we haven't provided a date. As soon as everything looks good, we will let you know. Could be late this week, or next week, or the week after but nothing is confirmed at this time. 

Edit: I've locked all other threads. Please keep the conversation contained here. 

Thank you.

• Cyan changed the title to Tiamaranta's Eye
  • Cyan unlocked this topic
10 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I locked this thread temporarily to lets things cool down and go through every post. I understand you're all frustrated, but please keep your posts constrictive on the forums. The event will be returning as soon as we can get a fix from the developers. It is unknown when that is, which is why we haven't provided a date. As soon as everything looks good, we will let you know. Could be late this week, or next week, or the week after but nothing is confirmed at this time. 

Edit: I've locked all other threads. Please keep the conversation contained here. 

Thank you.

What was wrong btw?

Also, coalition for UA sieges didn't pop. I'm sure a few other things are buggy after this emergency maintenance.

Kinda copy pasting what a Tyd said in Fafa's post that was locked. 

I understand some people are upset because they didnt get to trade in to buy there 30-5000000 Omegas from grinding for a couple of hours, and or cashing in on SoulStones. But I know a few players that were lucky enough to cash in and buy a lot of omegas prior to the NPC being removed. 

I however, and many other Adults that play this game didn't even get to access the eye due to work / Having a life. So even if the event returns I and along with many other people that work 9-5 types of jobs + have a life wont have this immense amount of Coins to cash in right off the rip. 

But I'm mainly annoyed because you guys should've just left the event in so it could balance out your game. So there isn't a "p2w" alliance that destroys everyone because the mass amounts of money they dump into the game. This game stopped requiring skill back when the first Tia Eye was permanently closed, it stopped requiring skill back when Tempering accessories came out. But this event had the chance to revive the game to what it was, people would've been equal geared to all these people that think they are absolute badasses just because either; 

A: They can sit on the game for all hours of the day (this person knows who they are)  

B: Have fk tons of money to just throw away into a already dying game. 

C: Or they just have insane RNG

But mainly its just A and B.

But you guys probably noticed no one was buying 4k / 8k Ncoin codes so you had to login and see what was going on and you saw everyone having fun and you must've been like "Woah they are enjoying our game? This must stop at once! Time to nerf event / remove it so people spend money on our Arcade event!!"

/end rant

-Noko

(re pasted)

49 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Full level 80 AP gear.

Full +11 manastones.

Full +15+ gear.

So... a free, easy and inclusive way to gear up and also bring LOTS of old players back to the game means a lost to the company?

I agree the rewards were kinda broken, but the way it ended up only damaged NCsoft's reputation 

This means NCsoft don't know their own game. pathetic 

taking a few omegas or materials from people who purchased it won't change the rage and already messed up scenario. 

As @Letizi-DN said. We know that people gathered THOUSANDS of omegas abusing Illuminary Obelisk and duplicated Epislons / godstones to the hell in the past and then ended without any punishment LOL 

Archived