Forums

Tiamaranta's Eye

GenericUser4611

21 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Sure, because letting people abuse more of the exploit knowing that it will be removed is so logical.

It sure seemed logical when they messed up and put the Magna Carta  in Luna by accident, it was left in and could be purchased. Now it is ironic that this very same weapon has finally after months of that 'error'  become accessible to the 'truly-free-to-play' player base in an event that lasts a few hours because...????

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bryos-DN said:

...because you will be able to get the weapon again when they bring back the event?

Likewise, the PTW'inners could have purchased their weapons when they were intended to be in the game? One is an emergency and the other is not. Very fair.

Take off your rose colored Ncwear hun, try to be objective at least.

...Yes, "FTPers" will be able to get the weapon like "PTWers" did because the event will return and you will be able to get the weapon in a free way.

How about you take off your paper bag and see things rationally instead of going "This is unfair, me me me me!". sucks the event was put on hold, sucks that they did not see this coming. But complaining about the problems on places that do not exist out of sheer frustration is not remotely... logical.

59 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Sure, because letting people abuse more of the exploit knowing that it will be removed is so logical.

yes. 

except that we weren´t abusing an exploit. how you dare to make that accusation over us?

we were doing the event in the way they gave it to us. We were killing the stronger mobs in large groups and everyone got their reward. We did all that uncovered and everyone saw us. We got those coins in the way it was planned (maybe they did not used so much brain on the plans, but yet those mobs gave drop for league too). 

In aion there are a lot of things that only drop items for groups, and some only drop items for alliances. Yet few things reward the whole league for doing something. 

Also an exploit is something that is said is illegal and some people do it hidden from others, and so few players take advantage, but here more than 50% of the community were inside those leagues (and I think we were like 70%). And I think the league wasn´t the issue. Cause making it only for alliance could lead to an elitist group killing them all and still having all the coins. 

So if you want to accuse somebody, why do you do not try with the guy who created the event? Or the people who had to test it before the release? Or maybe the guy who has no idea about the game and can not calculate the right price for some items or the drop rate and amount for the quest´s items?  Or maybe the guy who forgot to add the (event) on those omegas or setting a daily limit for the items?

wasn´t an exploit. was incompetence ;) 

and can you just try to be a little more humble and respect others. it is so hard for you "forum´s owner"?

but still they did not provided us a clear explanation. So we are only thinking that the issue was that imbalance between the prices for some items and the drop rates. 

and we are requesting a serious and responsible explanation about this. 

and maybe you are not "blaming" the players, but you are making fun of them (us). And maybe I am confused (cause i do not like to read all the rules in every place i go :P ) But i guess is agains the forum rules to not respect others or to make fun of other people just cause they have a different opinion than you. And actually you did that many times. 

So can you please start giving your opinions (and actually is nice to see different opinions too), but respecting other players?

I guess I asked so much from you. 

Now, actually this is not about the weapons or if we still have the weapons later. In the whole thread there is more information about what was the issue today. Was something about the drops and how easy was to get omegas and other interesting items. Also that we had the maintenance in the middle of sunnayaka and at least in Katalam we were like 500 players doing pvp for it (like 70% of the online players). Also that we had an issue with some forts in reshanta and panesterra. 

About "the weapons", some people said werent actually good gear, just the ones you can get with spinel coins from npcs. Even when we was expecting better items, but is ok. No problem with that. 

All I know is I was actually excited to play after I got home from work tonight, and came home to... nothing.  I am beyond disappointed.  My bad for thinking this event was going to be great.  Should have figured something was going to go wrong.  Shame on me.  I dont know what I actually expected when a GM cant even read a message that was sent over a week ago.  Or how long it took to fix luna daily.  Luna crashes  (still happens.. nyerking zombies).  Mass Evergale DCs.   Stuff like this has been happening since someone accidentally deleted the NPC that sold crafting items to make cera medals..  omg that took M O N T H S to fix!  There are tons more examples I dont care to list.   If we were dating I would have stopped returning calls years ago!   Please stop treating players like stupid pieces of shit.   We are customers, and TBH I sometimes miss paying a sub!  Why would I pay money now for a *chance* at a temper being successful?   Its more productive to buy DIRT for my garden!  LOL at least then I know I will get something out of it!!    At some point if the Devs dont care about the game, players will stop too.   Seriously we are down to 2 servers now..   can we at least try to save whats left?  Or is NC really intent on flushing us?

3 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@magikchainPVE-KT Because that would require money and funding. Costs money to run servers :P 

Yes, however it would enable players to attempt to exploit the game and report it to the staff so they can fix it in advance. It's how Korea did it for weeks before 6.0 officially launched, they simple put up a special survey where only few could get in. After that, the launch was a success.

@Kubei-DN Yes but one can conclude that Korea has much more funding since the game was not free to play until 6.0. EVERY account that had a player using it had to have a subscription paid. Unfortunately for NC West, there is a negative stigma geared towards people who pay money into Aion for events or Luna or anything which discourages us from pumping money into a system that already lacks the subscription funds it used to have

EDIT: Not that I disagree with you that a test server would be good and would enable those things, I am just saying that it's likely the budget doesn't cut it and that Korea's could because of subscription fees fueling the business 

There's no issue with players spending on the game, in fact, I encourage it, it supports the game and keeps it going. The issue is how Korea demands the West to have their BCMs done and what's the availability of the items. That's the issue. We're lucky enough NA isn't as bad as EU.

Speaking of which, if you guys ever feel sad about Tiamaranta's Eye removed like this due to a bug, remember on EU the Daeva Dash was a complete failure and buggy mess, forcing them to remove it after 1 day of activity too.

The reasoning for these bugs is more obvious than anything else: the patch. Not the patch in itself, but these events are made to work if we have all the missing pieces working together. This is why most events are buggy or not working at all, we're missing the pieces from the rest of the puzzle (it's all in coding). Here on NA we didn't get around 50% of the patches from 5.6 and now 5.8. It's incomplete and these things simply refuse to work accordingly. Daeva Dash failed on EU because they didn't get the whole 5.8 patch either.

So to sum up:

- many players are raged because they spent 12 hours farming coins and they can't spend them

- other players are raged because they weren't at home and had no time to try the event at all

- there are players who ask to spend their coins to buy (even more) rewards

- there are players who fear that too many players will buy too many omegas and screw up the economy

- there are players who think that the economy is already screwed up, and buying hundreds of omega for few days of farming is a good way to balance it

- some old players came back for the nostalgia of this map and they have been probably pleased to notice that nothing has changed in those years

I'm curious to see how NCWest will solve this issue. In any case, they've already lost (but sorry, I can't have any sympathy for them).

Cyan, you'd better follow Buster. He understood everything years ago.

NC, do not you get tired of harming your players? Every time a shit, losing more players, we are tired of this lack of respect, who maintains this online game is us players, who spends with NCCOIN, VIP, ITEMS BCM is us! Not you I'm sure 90% of the administration does not play the game itself. Thanks again for discouraging us players.

Lets rewind a few a couple of facts.  Not that long ago, people we farming FP 24 hours a day to get omega from a broken mechanic on their part, I heard there were some banns given out but this is all word of mouth and unconfirmed but lets say 6-10 in that amount of time.  I know people that in half that amount of time were able to acquire hundreds of coins by yet another broken mechanic and of course someone had already come up with a script to loot the fattie mobs on their alts so they could afk the whole day.  I am not usually a sore loser about missing out on stuff but if you scale the impact that the 12 hours that people did get to farm the mobs for omegas compared to Poeta exploit, it doesn't even compare and the now the people that are sitting on 50-60 omegas are so far ahead of everyone else, its a joke.  I personally had just settled into a league and was preparing for a long night of grinding since I was already soooo far behind from working all day.  I know some of the people who were able to farm large amounts of stone are in my legion but honestly if they allow this to stand they way it is, I may have to find something else to do and spend my money on.  They were still abusing a broken mechanic, deal with it please.

2 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

I know people that in half that amount of time were able to acquire hundreds of coins by yet another broken mechanic and of course someone had already come up with a script to loot the fattie mobs on their alts so they could afk the whole day.  I am not usually a sore loser about missing out on stuff but if you scale the impact that the 12 hours that people did get to farm the mobs for omegas compared to Poeta exploit, it doesn't even compare and the now the people that are sitting on 50-60 omegas are so far ahead of everyone else, its a joke.

One might even dare argue that that real problem here. Not so much the broken mechanic per se (though that still is a significant problem that can and should be attributed to Korea/NCWest not doing sufficient QA testing), but the fact that it so easily lent itself to people afk farming/exploiting it with scripts all day long.

Not saying that everyone who farmed fatties had bad intentions, of course. Far from it - I'm sure that the majority of players only perceived it as a chance to bridge the gear gap and finally catch up so that they, too, could finally do FM/ToE or fight on a more equal ground in PvP. But people can't look away from impact that 3 weeks of non-stop hoarding would have had on the game as a whole. The economy in 5.8, while already pretty bad, would have been killed completely. Imagine what the the prices on items people sell from the BCM would have been after those 3 weeks - especially for the people who did not get to no-life it up as much. Or what about 6.0, the patch in which everyone more or less is supposed to start out equally? Wouldn't heading into it with hundreds of Omegas/Temperings or hundreds of billions of kinah (gold bars) on hand kind of defeat the point?

It's not the end of the world. Fatties can be capped at alliances, and the bundles could be made to give between 1-3 coins while slightly decreasing the coin drop rate from normal mobs. Omegas may jump up to 20, Temperings to 25-30, and considering the length of the event (3 weeks) you'd still be able to walk out with a pretty good deal.

NCSoft does have the responsibility to account for their lack in QA testing for this event though, and hopefully come up with a decent solution that doesn't involve Lucky Vinnas. A good opportunity to send out a survey with 5-10 [Event] level reduction stones, hm?

Well typically NCsoft never responds with the appropriate fix.  They generally come back with some lameass survey of goodies for people which does nothing to remedy the problem since they same people still have their coins/omegas and now get they surveys on top of what they already got.  The surveys are suppose to appease the people like me who missed out at the beginning but I honestly don't see wtf they could give me today to make me happy with the situation.  Several times we have needed, even asked for a rollback but from what I can remember I don't ever remember one happening.  They better think long and hard about their response.

Archived