Tiamaranta's Eye

GenericUser4611

It’s not like they’ll read and weight our “suggestions” to fix it. They’ll just do whatever they feel like doing, as usual. After that deblacle I have no desire to go back to farm AoE / Luna 50 times a week to try to get a few omegas 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Long read.

Kind of agree with @KallSu-KT. At this point everyone is ticked off. There have been long rants and profanity laced threats and quite a lot of angry shouting. I don't think there is anything NCWest can do to actually fix this to everyone's satisfaction. This is a poop storm of epic proportions, no doubt. The only people sitting pretty are those that turned in all their coins already. I actually agree that a rollback last night would have been the easiest solution. Just un-do the last 12 hours and have everyone as they were before the maintenance. Putting the toothpaste back into the tube, as it were. Then when they fixed the looting issue, everyone would be on the same footing when they relaunch this event. But it's too late for that now. All we can do now is sit and wait to see how NCWest will try and make this all fair. Fair to those that are holding thousands of coins. Fair to those that were working or at school and only have a handful of coins. Fair to those that thought they had weeks to farm and only had hours. Fair to those that really need the items they thought they were going to get. I honestly don't see a way through that will have everyone happy.

So that brings me to HOW this happened.

Seriously. How did this slip by the people that are supposed to test this stuff? Someone's head should roll and roll hard so that things like this don't happen again. And this isn't even remotely the first time this stuff has happened. It's like bug testing is something foreign to this company. It's very unprofessional and very disappointing. Perhaps the player base can help with this. As @magikchainPVE-KT suggested, maybe there really should be a test server. Put it up for a week out of every month and have a lottery from the forums for a hundred or so players in each faction. Let them play in the environment on leveled and fully geared characters that will be erased after the week of testing is done. Let us find the bugs and the "unintended functionalities" before this stuff goes live and blows up in your faces. Would be far cheaper in the long run than having this stuff keep happening.

And here is a thought.. have the CMs and GMs -play- as normal characters on that test server with us. Come and -play- Aion. Get your feet wet again. Leap back into the pool. Be us for a few days so that when you make decisions about the game you can see how those decisions will feel through our eyes rather than being all shocked on a live stream about the functionality of some in-game things. (Thinking specifically of @Gideon being all shocked about the damage that a fully buffed Rank A does.)

You want us to be calm and to understand why you had to pull this event down. Alright. I can do that. But you have to give us something back. We need to be assured that you are taking real steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again. No one can expect our patience to last forever.

Tbh this error needed to be fixed.  However that said they allowed a big chunk of the playerbase to gain a signifigant advantage over others.  The only way to fix this is to run reports and find out how many coins each player earned.  Take whoever earned the max then manually award all other people coins or something.  I mean if they were worried about making money this event they could of sold said coins on bcm with a max total buy of say 2000 for event and you know what people would of bought them because not everyone is gonna farm 24 hours a day in the eye.  As Aly said the fact this issue got past QA and into live is an embarassment though they seriously need to figure out how to fix this you have players who went from no gear to max pvp gear in like 12 hours while the rest have been working since patch came out.  So the advantage gained is pretty big.

Despite the flaws they need to put this event back in asap the game was as active as I have seen it in years, people were working together for a common goal, everyone was having fun and at the end of the day I wasn't even opposed to leaving league drop in and everyone getting geared to enjoy few months of 5.8 till 6.0.  However I see the issue the omegas and temperings would have caused but the soulstones were not that game breaking to me and would allow everyone to have been on equal footing.  This is coming from someone who needs 1 more armor pc and some accs to so I have been farming the stuff and still wouldn't of cared.  

So find out who bought omegas and temperings maybe from event and fix the issue by either compensating the others who never got it or by rewarding the others a signifigant amount of coins, increase omega and temperings to say 100 coins each and leave rest where they are.  I would say pretty easy to farm only rewards were broken.  So award all those who never made 1000 coins that put npc back and increase the omega and tempering price so game and economy not broken.  Honestly that short window of farming really broke alot of things and you need to do something asap.

Katalam Asmos actually got 3 times more people to work together for this event then we get for broken divine siege.  In fact because that many asmos showed up it allowed us to not let the Elyos get Sunyaka as we were actually on an equal footing.  Suna was killing both sides but asmos were able to wipe the Elyos and reset suna when not much HP had been knocked off.  This event went from being extremely promising to nyerking and destroying everything it was gaing in a mere 12 hours. GG

sorry for wall of text

9 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hey everyone, 

I know this was sudden but it was important for us to stop the event in its current form quickly. The event will be activated again soon, and any coins you may have accumulated will be usable so you haven't wasted a day gathering them as I've seen mentioned a few times in this thread. We don't have all the details yet, so please remain patient and we'll get the news out as soon as we can.

Thank you.

"any coins you may have accumulated will be usable so you haven't wasted a day gathering them"

Now what you'll bring event back in like umm 2 months because we know how fast you're working and any coins we got will be usable? I was farming for 14hours, literally since server was up till it was down, and I the problem isn't will our coins will be usable, problem is what will be price of items, you gonna put omega for like 100 coins and nyerk you all players, you didn't waste a day but if you could get 120 omegas now you can get 12omegas fair enough?

Oh by the way congratulations on not giving us daeva dash because its bugged, and they you give us Tia Eye finaly after 100 years of these bullshit maps, and 14hours later you remove it ......I don't even know why am I writing this because not like you care to read this shit if you're not even reading the tickets I send to support (sending bot message and not answering on what I asked in tickets doesn't mean you read them), so bottom line what I wanna say is nyerk you

4 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

Tbh this error needed to be fixed.  However that said they allowed a big chunk of the playerbase to gain a significant advantage over others. 

*snip*

Totally agree.

I also agree that this event brought so much interest! Maybe it was the whacked out rewards. Maybe it was just being back in the Eye. I know that I was having a great time just PvPing in a small group. Made well over 100 kills. Laughed more in an hour of game play than I have while playing Aion in a really long time.

As I said.. this whole thing is an all around poop show of epic proportions. 

I am normally one of the people who would whiteknight NCsoft, but not this time.

I mean, I'm not gonna get psycho (I was kind of psycho on Facebook last night, but I've slept since then. ^_^) but... yeah. None of this is directed at Cyan; he's just the messenger, and we shouldn't be shooting the messenger.

I can completely understand that the event was broken. Fine, yes. BUT, to ninja the NPC out from under us? It was tacky af. Shut the event down, yes, fine. However, you should have done a rollback.

Completely removed all coins from us and any items we had bought. Put it back to how it was on Tuesday. That is the only way to make things fair. And yes, I spent hours yesterday just like the rest of you, so I am willing to lose my coins despite my efforts because I think all coins and items disappearing is the fairest thing to do at this point.

Sadly, we know that won't happen so some people will have full 80AP +20 gear with +12 stones, making Evergale and other pvp instances even more ridiculous to deal with.

JUST STOP BUYING NCOIN AION!!!1, THIS IS BS THEY AND WE KNOW IT. THEY TOOK IT CAUSE IT DOESN'T HELP THEIR POCKETBOOKS, IT WAS TO FUNCIONAL AS IT SAID IN CYANS POST, TOO MANY PEOPLE NOW HAVE +20 GEAR AND A BUTT TON OF +12 MANASTONES TO GO WITH IT (FCK THE REST OF US WHO HAD TO WORK) SPENT OVER 3 HOURS NOT 12 LIEK SOME GRINDING AND POOF GOES NPC, WHAT A CROCK OF BS.  JUST DONT BUY NCOIN FOR ALONG TIME MAKE THEM LOOSE FOR MAKING US SUFFER MAKE THEM SUFFER. WE R THE BREAD AND THE BUTTER FOR NCSOFT. IF WE STOP BUYING AND PLAY F2P NOT P2W THEY WILL SUFFER.  THIS IS ABSOLUTE BS. AN UN NAMED PLAYER HAD EARNED OVER 100 OMEGAS BY THE TIME I HAD BEEN ABLE TO FARM 20 BUNDLES LOL I TOTALED AT JUST OVER 100 BUNDLES SO U KNOW HE HIT A COUPLE HUNDRED, NCFAILED AGAIN JUST DONT PAY THEM FOR THEIR FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope, i am sick of ppl owning the market and controlling our game, ppl who get to spend 12+ hours on here while the workign ppl go to work, ncsoft preys on us, i loved this game even after it went p2w i meand f2p, but this is total bs, if u saw how much it cost me recently before event to + my new purified 80 pvp book, alot of ppl did the same thing but on a bunch of armor and weps we get a chance to get somethign back and its taken. talk about a deep low blow in the bawls

um master harvester has nothgin to do with it nub, its ncsoft and i agree turn it back to tuesday for everyone take it all, or give it bck. u cant let some people run off with +20 lvl 80ap gear all +12 manastones and oh you waited to turn nin coins srry u get fked, lol

Yes i was farming all day not to get omegas but to get soulstones and AP to finally get one fuking piece of lvl 80 gear. I know others were there for omegas, temperings and manastones but not me. I am not very fortunate on pvp nor on EC random bundle opening and gathering 220 soulstones is nerverecking. And now is gone. And the fix will take weeks as usually. Thanks NC.....

Considering the fact that this event was probably the only one that gave omegas/temperings and PvP mats, it gave me a bit of hope to actually get my stuff done. I know NCSoft is preparing us for 6.0, but if we players (especially those who aren't attending siege due to time zones or are unable to win Evergale) don't get more ways to ease the struggle with enchanting or purification, your future 6.0 exchange list will only apply to spending players, creating a massive gap between the rest. It's the same issue that happened in Korea, forcing many, many players to leave their old servers and join the new ones. It was their only saving grace.

If you don't provide better availability of these items to players, the game will die before 6.0 hits.

@Cyan Hello, dispite the fact that we pretty much got screwed up by removing the eye since it was both a nice pvp area and farming area we all missed since 4.something that it was removed my consern the fact that the major unintented fuction was that we were getting a lot of coins so the options are they either going to raise the prices for the items or it will  be reducing the amounnt of coins that fatties drop but either way it is unfair for players,if they raise the price it's unfair for the people that didn't buy items yesterday and they will pay for the same items overpriced and it's also unfair making the drop lower for all the people that didn't get the chance to farm in there yet so just leave it they was it is and i consider the fact nc wants to make money they don't work work for our pleasure so just put up something on the bcm extra but do not change anything in the eye....for example with this event make a dicount to felicitous socketings and people will buy them like crazy that's a way of making money and keep the people happy at the same time 

A way to fix part of this mess would be returning the npc with event mode on items, making them impossible to sell or trade. That way it would give a chance for people that didnt get any time farming the coins to at least catch up a bit for them and to the people that didnt got the chance to trade the coins for items to do it. Overpricing the NPC will just make it unfair to people that didnt got the timing on trading before the fix. Several changes could be made on fat timers, league/ally distribution, lowering drops amount of coins, among other decisions, but those will make it always unfair for a large part of the community that is receiving the impact of this event.

There are people already making 15b-20b profits, so at least give a chance to the rest of us to catch up a bit since was the staff decisions that made us where we are now.

NCSoft should just roll back the servers (along with all items obtained) to before mainteinance. The event wasn't on even for half a day before they took it down. I'm sure everyone who was farming like mad still had nothing better to do with their time, otherwise they wouldn't be playing Aion.

I thought the event was gonna be fun like old Tia Eye was, instead I found a map full of lumpen running together in league jumping from fattie to fattie all day. There wasn't even any pvp to be had. Whoever has been playing this game for the past years must've known FREE rewards being handed out so easly wasn't intended, NCSoft would never do that.

I'm curious as to how this is gonna be solved. Whatever they do, there will be lots of pissed off people. It is obvious NCWest's "development team" is just an outsourced random company coding stuff on demand. They release things without even testing them.

And here I was, returning to Aion in the hopes of experiencing the eye once more .__.; I probably couldn't have gotten into a party anyway, since my character is still only level 65 and I haven't had the time to play any of the new content...but seeing this mistake sure does make the heart ache for the old days when these maps were just a part of the game and not something that could be messed up so easily.

Ugh.

Thanks Ncsoft, I just wasted my time to farm coins just for you to remove them!!! I wish I knew this before logging off last night!! I just found out now that you removed the eye!!!!!Thats just a big FU for players who didnt do the exploit

I wish this event was around before 5.0 when pvp was actually fun and people werent worrying about leveling and maxing out their gear.... 

14 hours ago, YourWaifu-KT said:

Hi @Cyan this is the most active i've ever seen aion in a long time. alot of my old buddies just came back to game for this event and your telling me theres a "huge bug" and that its being taken out of till a later time? thats not right at all people spent the whole day farming that stuff. you took out the npc before we could turn anything. we deserve some kind of reward or a exp event or something this complete stupidity

14 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

The NPC was selling Tradeable omegas for 10 coins. The coins were easily farmable meaning players could get 100s of omegas in the 28 days of the event. The fat mobs werent supposed to be lootable in a league/alliance.

No one has come up with an official response but it's likely that the event rewards were waaaay too generous. Personally, I don't have a problem with omegas and temperings being handed out,  but getting  PVP mats should require some effort.That doesn't mean that someone can get purified  +80 gear in a few days, especially if all they have to do is afk in a league.

A rollback is a last-resort for me, but it seems justified in this case. We're lucky it was caught in a relatively short time. Of course there are some people who aren't even interested in the event who are going to lose out, they are going to be affected as well, that can't be avoided. That always happens in any rollback, innocent parties  suffer too.

We used to have a test server in NA, we won't get it back. It's clear however that someone needs to involve themselves with more testing to review the test plans and/or review the event design, perhaps have some members of the community that they can contact as well, so that this doesn't re-occur. 

1 hour ago, MayBlue-DN said:

My solution:

Release 6.0 next week. Problem solved!

MayBlue

This a 100000% yes

6 minutes ago, Klammdyn-DN said:

I'm just wondering, the rumor has it that Cyan informed the asmos in Tia about the upcoming removal of the exchange NPC.  Did not see that on the elyos side?  Is this true or false?  

Fake news, not sure I was sleeping like a noob, just wanted to say fake news <3

edited a n for b, guess where that ended up.  Plus would love to see more pvp quests when the eye ever returns.  wipe the pve out and fixed lol

17 minutes ago, Klammdyn-DN said:

I'm just wondering, the rumor has it that Cyan informed the asmos in Tia about the upcoming removal of the exchange NPC.  Did not see that on the elyos side?  Is this true or false?  

Lol.

No. This didn't happen.

I'll be honest. Only thing I wanted from this event was omegas. Temperings?? No thank because I don't want to have to keep spending ap and spinel medals to replace the accessories I know will break while trying to get them to +5 or +7. I think the "bug", "error" whatever you want to call it was bad but I think needing 20k greater supplements and 75 omegas to enchant 5 pieces of gear is worse and even made more worse if you are a class that has to get multiple sets and multiple weapons to pvp with aka all classes. Some more than most like Templar, Chanter and Cleric. When I entered Tia Eye I had so many flashbacks lol. I was honestly fun. My sw augment took a serious nose dive due to all the pvp. I think there was more people there on both sides than at sieges lol. Elyos killed Gov Sun, it was epic. I don't think Ncsoft will recover from this one because if they just nerf drops rates etc it might make trying to farm for things too hard to be worth doing it. I for one don't want to be in a group etc for hours (even though I don't have hours to play) only to get like 1-3 coins. That's not worth it. And someone said nerf the drop rate for coins on normal mobs. I killed 20+ mobs and received 1 coin as a drop.  I don't know if my rng is just awful. The survey that we get better be damn good because this was a disaster. However they fix this event, fix it and do it fast. The longer they wait the more people will leave.

IMO a Roll back is not the solution. Even when I was one of those players who played the event for so few time and I still have the coins in my inventory (So i had not advantage at all), I saw some new players being really happy about enchanting their apollon´s weapons to +8 or +10 thanks to the easy omegas. Those players feel a huge gap between them and the old geared veterans and this event gave them some hope of being able to do more instances soon. And I know some players got a lot of omegas or manastones from the event, but a roll back will take away also the work and game time for all the other people who was doing other things, enchanting items with previous items and those who just collected 3 or 4 omegas and was a huge improvement for them. 

I can not believe this, but I think I am agree with Aly this time about that somebody need to test the events and new things before giving them to us. At least with the last event you discovered some bugs and cancelled it some hours before. We had some rage, but nothing compared with this. It is not serious to do things in this way. 

Also, If you received this event in this way from Korea and you need a solution from them, It makes me think that what we had was the intended mechanics. And probably in Korea it worked in that way and nobody cancelled it. So this time you are asking for a version that suits to you. I would like to know why you never asked for modifications in other things that wasn´t good for us, and yet you added them in the same way that Korea had them. 

I would like to you start looking how many players are online. You can use the search function and you will see that we are really few people there. Only 2 servers, the merge did not solve anything. We keep loosing players and everytime you do not pay attention to us, more people leave. At this point I do not think you can really take Aion as a serious bussiness. I do not see a way to get enought money from so few players to keep your jobs. And I understand that now, you can not have the founds to hire somebody to test things or to take controls ingame. 

But maybe you did not see what happened yesterday. This event was attracting back some players. Not only for the nostalgic feeling in that old and erased map. Also cause finally, with the new instances, the exp buffs and some easy omegas and manastones, a lot of players who left Aion in the last 2 years, had a chance to catch up the other players. (actually I was talking with some old friends and they said that to me). But that short time wasn´t enought and some of them did not have even the time to install the updates. We had a chance to make our numbers bigger this time and we lost it. 

not only that, with this problem we are going to have 2 more weeks without events. And even if some players think that so many events are not good for the game, a lot of people just play with them and when we have nothing, less players are online. And nop. the crappy shugo´s dice is not an event. Is an crappy idea from somebody who lacks intelligence at all and have no idea about how to make money. So we have no event now. 

It is hard to me to understand how you can be so pasive with all this? How you let this great game to come to this point? Why you can not even talk to us? You ae giving to us just generic post and so few information? How you can be so quiet when we are so few players remaining? Do you really think you can get so much money from so few people?

There are other ways to get money even if you provide this event with easy omegas and manastones. We still need felicitous, level reduction stones, more supplements (we do not need them now, but if we get so many omegas, at some point we will need those), more instance´s entries. There are many post showing us a lot of things that can be bought in other regions and we do not have. You can add them. More skins, emotes, new things. At this point you can even roll back the innocent merek update. Now is not that hard to level up so is not going to make a huge difference. I am pretty sure that you are not selling so many stars now. And even the amulets, I do not know how some people sells them on broker. I´ve searched in BCM and CUBE and nothing. Maybe is like somebody said in another post and some GMs have friends playing and they provide some items to them.  

and if you do not care about this game anymore, at least let us to be happy. Just leave the game alone with some balanced things so we can play it for the last months it will be alive. 

Archived