Tiamaranta's Eye

GenericUser4611

1 hour ago, Klammdyn-DN said:

I'm just wondering, the rumor has it that Cyan informed the asmos in Tia about the upcoming removal of the exchange NPC.  Did not see that on the elyos side?  Is this true or false?  

Absolutely not. In fact, we were about 5 minutes into Sunayaka when we saw the "servers will be coming down" message and let me tell you, it was mass panic. We all immediately started dropping alliances to try to go spend our coins. Apparently, the Elyos continued dealing with Sunayaka, but we could not have cared less at that point. It was the last thing on our minds lol. My friends and I deliberately ran into the sea of Elyos, hoping to die fast so that we could resurrect back up where the NPCs were. Of course, the NPC was already gone by that.

So no. We most definitely did not have any advance notice.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had obscene p2w events.. That enchanting stigma etc event made the gap between people willing to pay and free to play players, so huge people got very discouraged. I was one of them. I watched people streaming on twitch throwing stigma after stigma until they had +9s and 10s and then did the same until the level 80 accessories were all +8. Ncsoft thought that was fair because money was involved. Everytime we receive an old event it comes even more nerfed than when it came around the time before. SFT was good and then 3 days later people noticed the drop rate of items declined. Most of these items will be rendered totally useless in 6.0 I honestly am lost. Also where is the official statement by them about this? That is also something they should be giving information to us about very quickly.

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Wow. Long read.

Kind of agree with @KallSu-KT. At this point everyone is ticked off. There have been long rants and profanity laced threats and quite a lot of angry shouting. I don't think there is anything NCWest can do to actually fix this to everyone's satisfaction. This is a poop storm of epic proportions, no doubt. The only people sitting pretty are those that turned in all their coins already. I actually agree that a rollback last night would have been the easiest solution. Just un-do the last 12 hours and have everyone as they were before the maintenance. Putting the toothpaste back into the tube, as it were. Then when they fixed the looting issue, everyone would be on the same footing when they relaunch this event. But it's too late for that now. All we can do now is sit and wait to see how NCWest will try and make this all fair. Fair to those that are holding thousands of coins. Fair to those that were working or at school and only have a handful of coins. Fair to those that thought they had weeks to farm and only had hours. Fair to those that really need the items they thought they were going to get. I honestly don't see a way through that will have everyone happy.

So that brings me to HOW this happened.

Seriously. How did this slip by the people that are supposed to test this stuff? Someone's head should roll and roll hard so that things like this don't happen again. And this isn't even remotely the first time this stuff has happened. It's like bug testing is something foreign to this company. It's very unprofessional and very disappointing. Perhaps the player base can help with this. As @magikchainPVE-KT suggested, maybe there really should be a test server. Put it up for a week out of every month and have a lottery from the forums for a hundred or so players in each faction. Let them play in the environment on leveled and fully geared characters that will be erased after the week of testing is done. Let us find the bugs and the "unintended functionalities" before this stuff goes live and blows up in your faces. Would be far cheaper in the long run than having this stuff keep happening.

And here is a thought.. have the CMs and GMs -play- as normal characters on that test server with us. Come and -play- Aion. Get your feet wet again. Leap back into the pool. Be us for a few days so that when you make decisions about the game you can see how those decisions will feel through our eyes rather than being all shocked on a live stream about the functionality of some in-game things. (Thinking specifically of @Gideon being all shocked about the damage that a fully buffed Rank A does.)

You want us to be calm and to understand why you had to pull this event down. Alright. I can do that. But you have to give us something back. We need to be assured that you are taking real steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again. No one can expect our patience to last forever.

Trying to figure out how I want to word my disappointment (not to mention the excitment of just walking back into the eye for the first time in years). You would think that after the several times ncwest has disappointed the NA Aion Community, we wouldn't be as shocked or disappointed.  I noticed you brought up a lot of points about the game or well this event being "fair" (which I completely agree with), however there comes a time where we all must take a step back and realize once this game went f2p (free to play) aka p2w (pay to win) all fairness went right out the window.  Now for most of the community we all thought the fairness would dissipate quickly, however it was more like a slow drip over time from 2.0’ish days all the way to 5.8.

There is no longer anything fair about Aion being a f2p-p2w model, sorry, and yes it sucks.  What’s king is the person(s) who are willing to drop thousands on this game to +20 +25 +30 their lvl 80 pvp gear, which takes skill right out the window.  PvP hasn’t been competitive in a long time because of this and many other factors.  Not Q Q’ing just stating a fact.  So of course, those who are willing to spend money will be leaps ahead of everyone else.  Nothing is fair anymore, not even when it comes to this event.  Yeah it sucks that people who were at work or school or what have you were not able to have the same accessibility to a exploit that others had.

What’s going to most likely happen is we will receive a survey (yas another survey with a lame item) as some type of compensation to magically cure the rage and utter disappointment throughout the community.  Do you really expect anything more from ncwest?  This too will be swept under the preverbal rug and will act like nothing happened.  Time and time again we as a community have been shown that ncwest doesn’t really care about our perspective or our suggestions.  Look at how we find out about loot tables for events the night before.  Why hasn’t anyone from nc asked the community what we would like to see from events? Could be they don’t really care, or something else.   

The issue is much larger than just the Tia Eye event.  This event may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back from the majority of the community and from the people that white knight nc.  It’s a transparency issue or lack thereof coming from ncwest to the community.  Think of Aion like a ship sailing in a vast open sea of water.  Unfortunately, even in the Aion model where it was pay a monthly sub there were a lot of leaks and visible cracks in this ship.  This was caused by many things, hackers to name one.  Look at how long and how frustrating the process is for a hacker to be ban.  Now in the model we are in f2p-p2w there are even more cracks and the ship has been sinking for a while now.  There are two common denominators with paying a monthly sub vs. f2p-p2w, hackers and a lack of transparency.

Your idea of having GM’s playing for a few hours to see how the game is working and what not, is an incredible idea!  The days of active GM’s playing and listening to the community and understanding our concerns are long gone; and apparently the days of having GM’s that understand the game mechanics (such as how powerful minions are) are long gone.  As someone who has played this game since 1.0’ish days, it’s almost like a slap in the face for a GM or Head GM to not understand mechanics of Aion.  More importantly it’s sad and very disappointing to see how little attention Aion receives from GM’s.  I’d like to see more from nc, I don’t want another survey I want shit fixed, I want GM’s that log in and interact with the community and at a bare minimum understand game mechanics. Oh and maybe ya know update the bcm.  Will that happen, more than likely not.  A lot of people think 6.0 is what will save Aion.  I had this conversation with a friend, who agreed, 6.0 won’t save Aion but it will keep the ship afloat. 

By the way @Cyan it is funny you people didn't remove the caesus gears that "wasn't suppose to be there" the 1st day they went in but you did remove eye,it is funny you don't fix the FULL OF BUGGS Frozen monolith and it is also funny you are not fixing the issue with the gears we cannot see the stats of the gear but yeha after all eye is the one hurting the game how couldn't i notice lol

8 minutes ago, Tenshei-DN said:

By the way @Cyan it is funny you people didn't remove the caesus gears that "wasn't suppose to be there" the 1st day they went in but you did remove eye,it is funny you don't fix the FULL OF BUGGS Frozen monolith and it is also funny you are not fixing the issue with the gears we cannot see the stats of the gear but yeha after all eye is the one hurting the game how couldn't i notice lol

Because they can't fix it (NCWest per se)

Only Korea can. Korea very lazy towards West, Korea do nothing.

It seems like there's a pretty simple, obvious solution, to this problem.  Just sales cap some of the items in the protectorate coin vendor.  This is an existing mechanic in use already by many vendors (ancient coin, various materials vendors, etc).

Don't want to run the risk of someone farming 5k omegas during the event.  Cap omegas at 10 per day.  Now you can only farm 300 omegas on that toon over 30 days.  Pick whatever scales you feel comfortable with NC.  Also, put in level reduction stones, cuz seriously, have you not been reading these forms?

Keep everything else the same.  Keep league loot fatties.  Keep bags at 3 coins per.

We had full leagues of players working together for nearly 12 hours yesterday.  That hasn't happened before in the history of Aion NA.  Keep that going.  If you break league loot you're back to the same old toxic KS eye of old.  If you have vendor caps, people can farm a surplus of coins and it doesn't matter.  Or you'll see people grinding in larger groups until they reach whatever it is they want to buy for that day and then go do other stuff.  Maybe PvP in the eye.  Eventually, the numbers in those grind alliances will dwindle, making them vulnerable to larger scale PvP. 

The point is, there's an easy tweak that can be made that will continue to promote player unity, gear for all, PvP, and not murder the economy.  Also, it's an existing mechanic that ought to be trivial to implement.  Please "fix" the event in this way.  Be generous with the caps and make them toon specific, I have alts to gear.  300 omegas may sound like a lot, but it's less than most whales acquire during a single enchantment event.  

9 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Are you telling us that NCWest can not even modify the drop rates or the amount of coins included in the bags per se? 

they can not modify the sales limit for items neither? what about adding the "untradeable" status for some items? 

And, if this event came from Korea in this way, Did they have tia´s eye event with those drop rates and mechanics and everything was fine there? Wasn´t a "unintended important error" there. Or it was different and it came broken to NA?

16 hours ago, GodIy-KT said:

Kinda copy pasting what a Tyd said in Fafa's post that was locked. 

I understand some people are upset because they didnt get to trade in to buy there 30-5000000 Omegas from grinding for a couple of hours, and or cashing in on SoulStones. But I know a few players that were lucky enough to cash in and buy a lot of omegas prior to the NPC being removed. 

I however, and many other Adults that play this game didn't even get to access the eye due to work / Having a life. So even if the event returns I and along with many other people that work 9-5 types of jobs + have a life wont have this immense amount of Coins to cash in right off the rip. 

But I'm mainly annoyed because you guys should've just left the event in so it could balance out your game. So there isn't a "p2w" alliance that destroys everyone because the mass amounts of money they dump into the game. This game stopped requiring skill back when the first Tia Eye was permanently closed, it stopped requiring skill back when Tempering accessories came out. But this event had the chance to revive the game to what it was, people would've been equal geared to all these people that think they are absolute badasses just because either; 

A: They can sit on the game for all hours of the day (this person knows who they are)  

B: Have fk tons of money to just throw away into a already dying game. 

C: Or they just have insane RNG

But mainly its just A and B.

But you guys probably noticed no one was buying 4k / 8k Ncoin codes so you had to login and see what was going on and you saw everyone having fun and you must've been like "Woah they are enjoying our game? This must stop at once! Time to nerf event / remove it so people spend money on our Arcade event!!"

/end rant

-Noko

(re pasted)

I agree with this. 

there were a lot of returning players that came back yesterday. most whom need to play catch up in gear myself included. I did not have the time nor luck to farm as many others and that's ok I'm good with  the 3 coins I got. was hoping to get more but its all good. See as this post said. you now have players whom collected 200 some coins or more and now exceed even more. while the ones just getting on did not get as much, which is ok because that's life and sometimes it sucks but all in all. that event I can honestly say I never seen so many players before in one area pvping/pveing and having fun.  when it came time to battle it out at 8pm, the pvp was great! it was something not many see in sieges anymore . 

This statement right here:

But I'm mainly annoyed because you guys should've just left the event in so it could balance out your game. So there isn't a "p2w" alliance that destroys everyone because the mass amounts of money they dump into the game. This game stopped requiring skill back when the first Tia Eye was permanently closed, it stopped requiring skill back when Tempering accessories came out. But this event had the chance to revive the game to what it was, people would've been equal geared to all these people that think they are absolute badasses just because either; 

speaks volumes for the ones whom returned ,just returned or are new to the game. so @Cyan please understand the players would like something done. I do feel bad for the ones whom sat there all day and farmed because only a handful got to turn in while the rest were yanked of the npcs before the message was posted without warning, which is not fair to them. understanding its returning but same they feel like when it may return than that gear/rewards may not even be worth it.  I really hope you guys do something about this because I can honestly say the community is growing tried and it has been for a while of things like this.

8 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Are you telling us that NCWest can not even modify the drop rates or the amount of coins included in the bags per se? 

they can not modify the sales limit for items neither? what about adding the "untradeable" status for some items? 

And, if this event came from Korea in this way, Did they have tia´s eye event with those drop rates and mechanics and everything was fine there? Wasn´t a "unintended important error" there. Or it was different and it came broken to NA?

They can, but probably with Korea's permission. It's very hard to tell what they can or cannot do, lack of transparency makes this whole situation difficult.

3 hours ago, Aislinng-DN said:

NCSoft should just roll back the servers (along with all items obtained) to before mainteinance. The event wasn't on even for half a day before they took it down. I'm sure everyone who was farming like mad still had nothing better to do with their time, otherwise they wouldn't be playing Aion.

Not everyone who was farming had nothing better to do.  Some players are from other regions, they stayed up extra late losing sleep knowing they have work the next day, some people called in sick from work or something, having nothing to do, doesn't mean your time is worth absolutely nothing.  Is it fair to rollback the server?  No, of course not.

So NCSoft lost potential profit from future sales of omegas and temperings.  That is a lost they should just swallow.  I've seen many times player spend alot on BCM and sell the item on broker or private at a mistaken price.  Most recently that I've seen was a guy who spent his entire paycheck buying kumuki scrolls, this player put in private store for 50k each.  NCSoft will say you had a confirmation window and you pressed okay.  So it's not fair to the person who lost his whole paycheck for 5m kinah.  But that's something he has to deal with.

If you remember when the indomitable ailu candy was on bcm for 1ncoin each and you can buy unlimited amounts, yes unlimited for maybe a day or two before they changed it back to 10 per day.  Did the economy take a hit, yes, all the people who farms candy as a full time job basically lost their jobs.  As for people who were able to buy massive amounts of these candies before they changed the daily limit from unlimited to 10, they were able to resell them a few months after for 20m easy, sometimes 40m.  But you see, this doesn't hurt NCSoft, the future sales of candy on bcm wouldn't really matter anyways, no one bought them from bcm.  So a player who spend 1 $ or 80 ncoin could of bought 80 candy and sold them for 3.2b kinah.  There were players who bought thousands of candy, can you imagine the profits that were made?

Now my next concern is how long did it take the people at NCSoft to realize the drops from the fatty was broken.  After realizing that the drops were broken they had another 15 before doing a maintenence.  If the problem was so severe they would of gave maybe a 1 minute warning.  But seeing as how they gave a 15 minute warning, it makes me wonder when did they know about this bug and how long it took them to take action.  Since they are able to remove the NPC without a maintenence, they could of just removed the fatty as well, and let people continue with the eye.  There's still other mobs and sunaya, pvp, and quest.  

@Cyan 

You should remove the Tiamaranta Eye event from the main page of the official website.  This is a Bait and Switch tactic.  You are still advertising this event, even tho you are no longer providing this event, causing more people to log into your game to realize that its not available.

51 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

They can, but probably with Korea's permission. It's very hard to tell what they can or cannot do, lack of transparency makes this whole situation difficult.

I can´t believe it is that hard for them to make a phone call or having a better communication to solve this faster. 

And, If Korea gave them the event in the current state, why they can decide to remove it (So they can sell omegas soon in BCM) but they can not decide to just make those little changes? Totally agree the lack of transparency is a real issue here. And not giving explanations and avoiding communication with the community only makes this worse. 

And about PvP, the map had a lot of casual PvP. also a quest. Yet people here suggest more PvP, but when you log into the game the real players are farming more in PvE style. Or the people who writes here is not the same people playing the game or I see some incoherence. :P . Maybe it is time to accept that most of the players prefer PvE instead of PvP. Lol

And yes. I am agree with removing the post on the main page if we do not have that event. But this is just another thing that make us realiza that they are only working in things that are important for them and they do not care so much about players or false advertisement. 

I really feel for all of you in here typing and expecting a reply from cyan,hime or gideon. You guys need to realize they dont care about aion. They post 2 replies in random threads once a week. They post the weekly maintance once a week and thats it. Your best bet is cyan checking the forum during his lunch break. You guys really thing they wont change the npc? Omegas gonna be 100coins with temperings 150. Loot is gonna be group. We got screwed. You should know by now not to expect anything that benefits the community. Gl boiz and girlz. At least we get to keep our coins. haHAAA. Also dont worry about +12 stones. We have johngotmad or whatever his name is with his personal gm providing the community with 100s of them. But hey. They cant do anything about him. He is probably providing them with their salary. 

1 hour ago, Tenshei-DN said:

They can't remove the caeus gear, that makes people spend money in the BCM. Farming something in game doesn't do that.

For those players who think that farming omegas could be totally unfair for people with works or who study....

It wont be fair if you consider the actual prices with omegas at 120-150M each one. Somebody collecting 40 each day after 5 or 6 hs there sounds like a lot. But now remember how it was on Aion 3.7-4.X. Some people was farming manastones every day and the amount of them was much higher, so at the end all of them costed 1M or less on the broker. If a lot of people with so much time can farm omegas all day long, the prices of them will be droped to 15-30M each (maybe). So If you have a work and do not have the time to farm them, still they will be much cheaper on the broker. So yet you will be able to buy more of them with your current economy. And also, lets think that some peopel have time and some people have jobs (money). So if you have money, you can use $10 sometimes to buy few items from BCM and get some kinah to buy other things. That is how it is supposed to be. 

The current situaion is even worse and have more unbalance. Cause even if some of us have a job and can use some money, we do not want to spend a lot of it just for virtual items. One thing is to use $10-50 each month in something that provides entertainment to us. But If I see that I have to spend $500 just to have something nice that is not even real, I wont do that. Even if I saw those shugo´s sweat coins at a price that IMO is to expensive compared with the thing you can get and is a totally RNG thing and I do not know if I will have something, I wont pay for them. Yet I bought scrolls, instances packs, skins, many times and they cost more than an event coin. 

So remember, people who spend a lot of hours farming things are just part of our economy and they do not have so huge advantage. They are farming now a lot of things that we use. But when something became a farming item, the price go down a lot and it becames more accesible for everyone. Finally the farmers get some kinah but not a fortune cause they are selling cheap items. 

On 15/3/2018 at 10:36 PM, Kubei-DN said:

because they couldn't shut down luna like they did with the eye before extra damage made lol...also they have a source code propablly  they can remove it...and even if thay couldn't remove it fast they could shut the server down for some time

• 2 weeks later...

I spent my coins from Eye and never put a fit again on that sh*t... not worth...  i can't believe they think the event will broke economy, i used to farm more than 5 Omega/Temperings per day with events like Kromede or Shugo Vault some good days i even got more than 10... and i never was 25/7 doing it, just 1 run of 10 minutes with  around 15-20 chars.. and GG... between 2 and 3 hours and i get way more worthy items than Tiamaranta Eye.

13 minutes ago, Nakago-DN said:

I spent my coins from Eye and never put a fit again on that sh*t... not worth...  i can't believe they think the event will broke economy, i used to farm more than 5 Omega/Temperings per day with events like Kromede or Shugo Vault some good days i even got more than 10... and i never was 25/7 doing it, just 1 run of 10 minutes with  around 15-20 chars.. and GG... between 2 and 3 hours and i get way more worthy items than Tiamaranta Eye.

This event will only be worth if you double/triple your farm logging more than 1 char in multiple PCs and putting them in follow mode. Then, instead of farming 1k coins a day, you will far  2k ~ 4k.

Also, the only thing that worth the "hard job" is the manastones +11 / +12

crap event, crap solutions. The "case" around this event is over but i'm still looking for Bless when it comes out

Archived