Aion Lore

Vandekist-DN

Hey everyone i am a returning player (its been years) i am a pvp player but what pushes me to get to endgame has always been the lore of a game. What is the current lore of Aion. Last i played was killing  Tiamat(i know im behind ?) 

What has happened? Everywhere i look is out of date. Thanks!

Lore posts! I have missed them! Amyway, going to explain what has happened ever since 3.9 (Tiamat's demise) until now.

After Tiamat's death, we venture into a region called Katalam (consisting of several smaller Katalams, all continents on the lower island of Balaurea). Beritra comes into place, the 4th Dragon Lord. He was in bad terms with Tiamat (could be his thrist for power, how she killed his lover, all the drama caused by her ascension) and therefore killed all messengers sent by her to Fregion requesting backup. At the same time, he interrogated them for their information.

Beritra found out Tiamat had found a semi-functional petralith weapon called a Hyperion. These were developed by Katalam's former dominant race, the Danuar. Tiamat's army fought against them for their land and slowly killed them all, this weapon being their only hope, but time wasnt in their favour. Within months after Tiamat's death, these Balaur had no leaders and such were slain by Beritra's army, claiming Katalam for their Dragon Lord.

Following the campaigns for that region, you arrive in and found out that Beritra is trying to gain as much knowledge of the Danaur as possible to fix the Hyperion, as well as Kahrun had gone missing. Kahrun had been having visions of a great threat within Idian Depths. As he ventured in, he had confronted Beritra, but failed and was gravely injured. Eventually as well, Beritra disguises himself and fouls you into fixing the Hyperion on his behalf.

After you retreat, you form an alliance and destroy the Hyperion before Beritra can deploy it. However, that was not even a fraction of his real master plan. With the design of the Hyperion, Beritra created massive warmachines, and stealing Tiamat's research on teleportation made it possible to transporting them anywhere within seconds. And so started Beritra's Grand Invasion.

Fully releasing his weaponry, Beritra attacked all regions, but his special interest was Katalam, Sarpan and Tiamaranta. Tiamat had distorted the earth in those areas to hide special sealing stones, which she would use to prevent Enshar and Cygnea from rising from the bottom of the sea. The regions we spent so much time on sank on the sea and two others surged.

The few survivors relocated to these zones. And the next phase of Beritra's plan was in action. Long before, there was a titanic battle between Ereshkigal and Fregion, with Fregion being the winner. Ereshkigal's power was sealed away in a prison and Tiamat was tasked to sink these lands as an extra measure. Beritra had allied with Orissan (Ereshkigal's servant). Beritra wanted power, Orissan wanted to free his queen. This led to you infiltrating Drakenspire Depths and putting an end to the plan. However, Beritra lost an arm and Ereshkigal's return begins.

Beritra retreats, and for the moment, we havent heard much of him. Ereshkigal's presence begins to show though, as Reshanta froze entirely. This is where the story freezes (heyyyy) in terms of Balaur for a moment, and shifts its focus into the Archdaeva and his actions, and the whole rework to the story behind the Tower of Eternity and the Cataclysm. As the Atheric Field weakens, we gain access to the bases of the Tower as well as the inside. All our resources are focused on finding a way to repair it and understanding it.

Moving forward to 5.3 and 5.5, strange events take place in Sanctum and Pandaemonium, the weirdest and most worrying one being the sighting of a Balaur in the captial. This leads a state of emergency as Dredgions are sighted above the cities, and all Daevas are called back to defend them. After this long battle, the Balaur finish with the invasion. Lots of blood was shed, and missing Daevas are reported.

A small legion was sent to follow the Dredgion, which led to Reshanta, as they were entering a gigantic floating island. Unfortunately, this small group of Daevas are captured, with only one survivor, their Brigade General. In order to rescue them, you follow them to that mysterious place and find that all missing Daevas are sent there, where they are tortured, starved and used as fuel to a flower called Sakrapes/Incarna.

Inside we meet the Harvesters, a group of Ereshkigal witches which channel the life force of sacrifices towards the bloom. The objective is to force the flower to bloom and use its power to bring Ereshkigal back once and for all. Inside, we fight those witches and defeat them, except for one which takes the flower and flees.

And, that is how far we have gone ever since Tiamat's death. The next lore bit will be.in 5.8, but I will avoid comments on that.

The Archdaeva is a fragment of the story added after 5.0.

As you may remember, we had bits of the Cataclysm that were vague, such as who and why attacked a Dragon Lord during the talks that led to it. Thr Archdaeva is the character behind it.

In the past, he was a much stronger version of a regular Daeva (you could call him the 13th Empyrean Lord actually...). As the talks were decided to be held, Israphel made up a scheme. If you remember this, he was allied with Beritra at a certain point.

He convinced the Archdaeva to attack the Dragon Lords during the conference and leave the Balaur without their leaders. However, this backfired... Fregion went nuts, so did Daevas.

The Archdaeva, aware of his mistake, gave out his life to stabilise the Tower. On a dying state, Siel sealed away his essence inside the Tower, as well as his presence in history. Then everything happened as we already knew. Siel froze time, Israphel laughed off during 1,000 years, etc.

Whether we are the Archdaeva, yes and no. We are like an reincarnation of him.

There is also a huge backstory between him and Viola and Pernos, but I havent read that comic extensively.

15 minutes ago, Lumin-IS said:

The Archdaeva was a being created by Aion.  The Empyrean Lords were the first twelve humans who ascended.  The Archdaeva did not ascend, and, so far as we know, never was human.  

The player is the reincarnation of the Archdaeva.

WHAT?!!! He isnt human like the rest of the daeva? He is a seperate being altogether?! Wow!!! He had to be powerful either way .This is awesome!

I hope i can find the comics etc

If i have any further question can i ask you?

And thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge.

When i first started to play Aion a ling time ago ppl actually cared about the lore. Its great to see someone is still around

I read the comic of  and the arch daeva.the story start

Viola(elyos) like many others was attacked by the Balaur. Her family was killed before her very eyes, but then right when she was about to get killed the archdaeva stepped in and killed the balaur. From that moment on the arch daeva protected viola and they grew close. She got older as time went on and then the meeting with the dragon lords happened. After it was all over and years gone by during the time of tiamat fall ,viola met with ariel and sent her to find the archdaeva and realize she had part of his power in her.

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Rohanna-KT said:

I'm another backstory fan.  Where would I find the backstories of Viola and Pernos?

Here you can read the English translated two first chapters, I think. I didnt look through the entire thing. I can do a more extensive search for the entire comic later today. 

Archived