Sorc and sm

Vandekist-DN

Magic-gif-Shia.gif

Hello there Vandekist, sorcerers are the raw DPS class here with little few ways of utility to provide for the group/alliance (sleeps and that's it).

Spiritmaster on the other hand also have awesome DPS but unlike sorcerers, they can provide a lot of utility to the party such as bodyguards, fears to handle the mobs, buffs on party or even debuffs on enemies. A little issue with spiritmaster is the fact that parties/alliances usually don't have more than one spiritmaster due to the fact that their DoTs will overwrite and it would be a waste of DPS. (so you better be a good one)

(I won't get into the who DPS better topic just in case I offend someone)

On 8/17/2017 at 8:14 AM, Andregark-IS said:

Magic-gif-Shia.gif

Hello there Vandekist, sorcerers are the raw DPS class here with little few ways of utility to provide for the group/alliance (sleeps and that's it).

Spiritmaster on the other hand also have awesome DPS but unlike sorcerers, they can provide a lot of utility to the party such as bodyguards, fears to handle the mobs, buffs on party or even debuffs on enemies. A little issue with spiritmaster is the fact that parties/alliances usually don't have more than one spiritmaster due to the fact that their DoTs will overwrite and it would be a waste of DPS. (so you better be a good one)

So spiritmaster has alot of supporting skills and of course "fear" but ppl only use one because dots still dont stack after all this time, so better for solo but only find one in a group

Where as sorc dont have alitbof utility but will or can find more in a group correct?

On 8/17/2017 at 0:20 PM, Angina-SL said:

Also sm is better than sorc for soloing stuff.

But both are fun classes.

Which one do better in pvp

On 8/17/2017 at 8:14 AM, Andregark-IS said:

Magic-gif-Shia.gif

Actually, I would disagree with you in part. . In PVP, sorcs definitely do not supply "only" sleeps, they also have debuffs as well as an array of other CCs in the form of single-target and AOE snares and stuns which are highly effective. In fact,  those sleeps provide arguably the best CC in the game. So they actually provide a fair bit of utility, it's definitely not just a DPS role at all.

Otherwise, SMs definitely also bring great utility as well, but in a different way. They're great for the BG, but the range of debuffs is amazing, even if fear isn't used. The two classes actually complement each other very well in the same group.

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone regarding DPS and which class is "better", there's actually a website (Aion PVE ranks), its pretty much  90 % or more sins and sorcs. A few percent (maybe 5) the last time I checked were a mix of clerics, glads and SMs. But both sorcs and SMs will get into groups,  the bariier being as pointed out that it's a drawback (a reduction in DPS) to have more than 1 SM in the same group.

37 minutes ago, Calista-TM said:

Actually, I would disagree with you in part. . In PVP, sorcs definitely do not supply "only" sleeps, they also have debuffs as well as an array of other CCs in the form of single-target and AOE snares and stuns which are highly effective. In fact,  those sleeps provide arguably the best CC in the game. So they actually provide a fair bit of utility, it's definitely not just a DPS role at all.

Otherwise, SMs definitely also bring great utility as well, but in a different way. They're great for the BG, but the range of debuffs is amazing, even if fear isn't used. The two classes actually complement each other very well in the same group.

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone regarding DPS and which class is "better", there's actually a website (Aion PVE ranks), its pretty much  90 % or more sins and sorcs. A few percent (maybe 5) the last time I checked were a mix of clerics, glads and SMs. But both sorcs and SMs will get into groups,  the bariier being as pointed out that it's a drawback (a reduction in DPS) to have more than 1 SM in the same group.

Hey thanks for your reply and opinion as well. I played spirit master up til now and decided to reroll so im asking because even tho i faced sorc b4 i never played as one and im seeing it is worth it.

I hear ppl say stay with sm they are better all the way around but then i hear the opposite as well. 

Now i figure with pet sm would be better at soloing but i also want to make sure that its still doable with sorc as well.

What is that website u talkung bout and wat do u prefer

The website is https://aionpveranks.com/

I honestly would never tell anyone that either is better all the way around. Sometime it comes down to whether you prefer group or solo play, or more PVOP, if it's solo, you might prefer SM, I'd say it's still easier.. 

in PVP, their playstyles are different, personally I find PVP easier on an SM, it's a lot of fun, however I find the challenge of trying to play a sorc well keeps it much more interesting in the long term.

Either one played well in PVE or PVP can potentially be a good addition to a group or plays well solo.

Archived