@Gideon (hear the community)

GenericUser4611

How would you prefer that NCSoft fix the Tia Eye Event  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How would you prefer that NCSoft fix the Tia Eye Event

• Increase item prices / loot set to league
    • Leave item prices the same / change to group-only looting
    • Increase item prices / change to group-only looting
    • Increase item prices / loot set to league - BUT add NPC w/ old prices temporarily
    • Other (suggest in thread - will edit in later)

OMG THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WITH THE LOOT.....THE LOOT SHOULD BE JUST LIKE SEIGE.....THERE SHOULD BE A COALITION WINDOW WERE EVERYONE CAN JOIN AND GET LOOT!!!!!!!..........THE OLD NPC PRICES NEED TO STAY ONLY LOOT WAS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!! WHY CANT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY LOOT WAS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

I like league loot. 

But I will probably decrease the amount of coins per bag from 3 to 1 (or keep them the same but reducing the drop rate form fatties to 25%. So we get 1 bag from each 4 fatties). I would also increase a little the drop from lesser mobs and more boxes. 

Can we maybe possibly have GM's who actively play Aion and understand the game, mechanics?  Who also interact with the community?  Posting on the forums and all is great but I would think we as a community at this point expect a lot more than a forum post here and there. Also maybe giving us a chance to voice our opinion on loot for events, instead of giving us the loot tables the night before, would be great.  I'm sure there is a plethora of things, but hopefully there is more progress made with transparency regarding ncwest relating to the Aion community. 

BOTS WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN ASMO HITS US BTW SO I CAN GARUNTEE LEAGUE LOOT WILL THILL BE THE BEST!!!!!!...................ABSOLUTEY IN NO WAY DID THE PRICES EFFECT THE ECONOMY YO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY GUYS DONT FORGET TO CLICK LINK AND VOTE YO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since personally i dont care about tempering and omegas, i would like you to increase the price of tempering, omega and manastones ALOT so the economy is safe and leave low prices to the items required to enchant abyss gear since they are untradable and its safe for the economy

Please solve this problem by introducing daily/weekly/event caps of certain items instead of the other proposed solutions.  This is what you do with other supply vendors, such as the ancient coin and material vendors.

That means: Keep league loot.  Keep drop rates.  Keep existing vendor prices.

Limit the number of items a person can acquire by actually limiting the number of items they can acquire, not by inflating the prices. 

If it's more efficient to farm in a league, great, promote faction unity and allow it.  But keep prices low to allow those that don't get into the league an opportunity to solo/duo grind along the periphery.  Don't make it 100x harder for the solo player because it's 100x easier in a league.  That kind of price inflation kills morale and forces everyone into a perpetual league grind in order to stay competitive.

With supply caps you protect runaway deflation of certain items while making items acquirable for every player.  You probably don't need a cap on soul stones.  Let the player base purify all the things.  Put a sensible cap on temperings, omegas and manastone bundles.

This solution would allow weekend warriors to purify all the things and bank enough tokens over the weekend to log in and turn in throughout the week.

In the end this solution would allow weekend/casual players to acquire the same number of manastone/omega/temperings as the 24/7 grinders.  The 24/7 grinders would be able to purify many more sets of gears, and/or do this at a faster rate.  Wanna purify 3 sets, you might be able to do it in 3 days.  Or it may take you the whole event.  In the end, all player types benefit and should end up at pretty close to the same level.  The market sees a temporary influx of omegas/temperings/manastones, but the total impact is capped.

Everyone wins.  The only real losers, if you can call it that, are those that are able to farm 24/7 in a league and would end up with a massive surplus of coins that they couldn't spend.  Having purified everything and reached their caps.  Maybe you want to hold a separate meta event for those individuals.  Where you get some special prize for having 1 million, 2 million, whatever coins in your cube at the end of the event.  I would be happy to have this "problem".

Please don't make lives miserable for everyone to prevent runaway wealth acquisition by those that can grind this event constantly.  There are better ways.

PS:  Put level reduction stones in the protectorate coin vendor. 

DUDE YOU ARE BRILLIANT

YES PLEASE GIVE NPC WITH SAME PRICES KEEP LEAGUE LOOT KEEP DROP RATES AND VENDOR CAP IS A PERFECT FIX!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE I SAID SO MANY TIMES YOU CANT GET 300 INFANTS A TOY BOX THAT DOESNT GIVE EACH ONE A TOY!!!!!....YOU ALSO CANT GIVE 300 INFANTS DIFFERENT TOYS.....YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM THE ALL THE SAME TOY!!!!!!.......IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ECONOMY WITCH ONLY THE LOOT SETTINGS EFFECTED THEN PUT A CAP ON VENDOR SALES!!!!! DO NOT ALTER PRICES OR DROP RATE THAT MAKES AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO THOSE WHO GOT EARLIER PRICES AND DROP RATES!!!

@AnonymousCoward-DN I really like your idea for limiting the sale of the items in this event with a daily reset.  it would definitely bounce out the amount of rewards the constant players can get compared to the more casual players.  Something like 5 to 10 omegas a day would be great, and maybe 50 of the soul stone pouches.  The League loot is definitely the best for the for the event  unless you plan to make multiple channels for the event.  If it goes to group loot then only the strongest will benefit from an event that is suppose to be for everyone.  Please NC, listen to the player and give us a little break.  This is a great event for the casual player to get on a more even gear level and the more hardcore players to get more ahead by working together with there faction.

The one there thing I forgot to mention in my last post is: if the npc gets limited loot, the exchange npc should remain around after the eye close for a equal amount of time that he was missing.

This way we can buy the max amount of items available had the npc been working the entire time.  So if we don't get him till next maintenance, then the npc should remain available for one more week.

5 hours ago, EtherealBlade-DN said:

The one there thing I forgot to mention in my last post is: if the npc gets limited loot, the exchange npc should remain around after the eye close for a equal amount of time that he was missing.

This way we can buy the max amount of items available had the npc been working the entire time.  So if we don't get him till next maintenance, then the npc should remain available for one more week.

Brilliant, finally someone who makes complete sense. Thank you.

18 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Please solve this problem by introducing daily/weekly/event caps of certain items instead of the other proposed solutions.  This is what you do with other supply vendors, such as the ancient coin and material vendors.

Limit the number of items a person can acquire by actually limiting the number of items they can acquire, not by inflating the prices. 

If it's more efficient to farm in a league, great, promote faction unity and allow it.  But keep prices low to allow those that don't get into the league an opportunity to solo/duo grind along the periphery.  Don't make it 100x harder for the solo player because it's 100x easier in a league.  That kind of price inflation kills morale and forces everyone into a perpetual league grind in order to stay competitive.

With supply caps you protect runaway deflation of certain items while making items acquirable for every player.  You probably don't need a cap on soul stones.  Let the player base purify all the things.  Put a sensible cap on temperings, omegas and manastone bundles.

This solution would allow weekend warriors to purify all the things and bank enough tokens over the weekend to log in and turn in throughout the week.

In the end this solution would allow weekend/casual players to acquire the same number of manastone/omega/temperings as the 24/7 grinders.  The 24/7 grinders would be able to purify many more sets of gears, and/or do this at a faster rate.  Wanna purify 3 sets, you might be able to do it in 3 days.  Or it may take you the whole event.  In the end, all player types benefit and should end up at pretty close to the same level.  The market sees a temporary influx of omegas/temperings/manastones, but the total impact is capped.

Everyone wins.  The only real losers, if you can call it that, are those that are able to farm 24/7 in a league and would end up with a massive surplus of coins that they couldn't spend.  Having purified everything and reached their caps.  Maybe you want to hold a separate meta event for those individuals.  Where you get some special prize for having 1 million, 2 million, whatever coins in your cube at the end of the event.  I would be happy to have this "problem".

Please don't make

miserable for everyone to prevent runaway wealth acquisition by those that can grind this event constantly.  There are better ways.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Please don't make lives miserable for everyone to prevent runaway wealth acquisition by those that can grind this event constantly.  There are better ways.

Best suggestion so far. Hope @Gideon and @Cyan look very hard at this.

Not gonna lie, if they set it to group only loot with higher prices I'd just stop doing the event. That only lets a few of the top geared people with a lot of time be able to hog the fats. And I ain't about to spend time trying to kill steal people.

Maybe put those coin bundles on all mobs as a possible drop at a percentage depending on the type of mob and not JUST the fats? Like the fats could give 1-3 bundles at a 100% rate, and elites give 2 at a 60-75% rate, and regular mobs give 1 at a 30-50% rate. That way whether you're in a group or solo, everyone can get something at a certain rate (not necessarily a guaranteed drop).  Also put coin bundle on sunayaka as guaranteed drop for everyone in the league so everyone gets at least something rather than hair pulling for the few things that drop with the boss.

I was thinking ... if we change the loot to "group" we will have problems with the spots to farm too, because there would be many people (asmo/elyos) in the same place for the same fatties... basically the same thing happens with volatile... a lot of 6 man groups... but not mobs enough to everyone kills.. i guess its very better keep loot league and increase prieces, so this way everyone can enjoy the event.. not only "geared high dps ppl" 

No point doing anything at this stage, maybe people already have over 15,000 Gold coins. so even if you increased the price of Tempering Solutions to 150 Coins each, that these players will still have over 100 temps to buy.

i like the  daily sale cap ano came up with, thats a good idea tbh, no matter what happens or whats done the  highly geared are gonna get even more geared and the  less geared are gonna be left in the dust. gap will remain the same, but limited daily sales is a great idea.  what i would like to know is  on the key chest, ive been in the eye trying to grind coins, been getting some, getting a decent amount of  keys,  but  out of the 35+ keys i have  ive only found 3 box's . is  there gonna be any boxs/chests put out anywhere towards the end of the event or after the event for us to use our keys on.  its kinda hard to look for box's when u get destroyed by a sin's in under  2 seconds cause there so overgeared compaired to u its stupid.

Thats not true, I have zero pvp armor/wep and I wanted to make the most of this event to gear my character. Imagine if loot settings were on group considering the number of people + factions do you think someone like me can make the most of this event? Im happy they brought back the event with current settings.

Archived