FaykerIS-KT

inappropriate name

came by means of this warning, that a player with the names of PIROQUINHA, that in the Portuguese-Brazil language, means a male genital organ the nyerk.

Aly-DN   

You can report them to Support and Support will change their name. It's probably the one thing Support acts on quickly. 

Use the SUPPORT link above. (Right most tab next to LEADERBOARD)

Select "Report a Player"

When asked "Why are you reporting this player?", select "Their Name is Offensive".

Inappropriate names are one of the fe w things NCsoft will actually do something about. Someone reported my name "PuppiesnTities" (spelled correctly) and it was removed haha.

What names are appropriate? Does an intentional typographic error of an insult count too?
I have seen someone that had the name NeeGrow (spell it :D )
Does AdolfHitler or JosephStalin insult the naming in Aion? There is a guy named Bolshevic for example.
Just questions, no offense to the original post.

Aly-DN   

Inappropriate names is a really odd subject. 

There was a player on Kahrun who named their character after a sex toy. Someone turned them in and their name was changed. This player went high and to the right. They reported -everyone-.. characters, legions and even a legion emblem. None of which were actually naughty. The legion emblem was for "Ginger Midgets". The picture was of a fully covered (in a bikini, I believe) short woman with orange hair with a stripper's pole. Everything was covered. When pressed, Support said that the stripper's pole was offensive. Ummm.

Very touchy subject. What one finds offensive may be fine to others. For example, being half Native American, I know many would fine the name HalfBreed offensive but, to me it's fine. I wouldn't use it in a game just because some people fly off the handle about it. Same with that NeeGrow, sounds like plant food to me but, whatever floats your boat. As long as it ins genitalia, slang for devices or actions of copulation or flat out curse words, I'm not reporting names.

Aly-DN   
28 minutes ago, Yellhanzwezis-DN said:

So if I name my character Rotting Jesus it will be offensive?

It actually could. I wouldn't consider that a "safe' name. You might level all the way to 75 with no one reporting you and then one day someone someone religious sees that and does. You would lose the name guaranteed.

I'd argue that one, Jesus, as in "Hey-sus" Spanish name and very common. Now add the Christ part so it's clear and, you might have a problem.

Aly-DN   

You will get your named changed for anything with "Jesus" and something derogatory or naughty.

Remember.. it isn't what you find offensive. It's what some other player sees as offensive and Support doesn't allow you to defend yourself. They just change it. I told you about the completely clothed red-haird short woman and the stripper pole. It wasn't naughty in the least. Just took one person with a grudge to say she was offended and it was gone.

what about my little SM called SuckMyDuckBeach? everybody loves the beach and ducks are cute right? there shouldn't be any problem

Aly-DN   
1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

what about my little SM called SuckMyDuckBeach? everybody loves the beach and ducks are cute right? there shouldn't be any problem

Depends if someone makes the case that they are offended. Honestly that is all that matters. 

I can't use the name of my real life ranch in game, Horn-e or I would but, someone would get offended. It actually means horned exotic animals but, you know. LOL