End The Tia Eye Event Please

Yoyo

Ok Look I know may get flamed or whatever but please end this event on Wed and spawn the reward npc in panda/Sanctum.  Bring back the event when fixed to group drops.  Seriously this event is a mindless Zombie zerg.  Both Factions leagues run for 24 hours and never stop,  the game other then for some Suna's and divine has been a virtual ghost town as all it is is Zombies who don't need to do anything then auto follow killing Fatties and looting.  This event is supposed to be a more pvp event and while there is some no where near the spirit of the Tia Eye, it is basically like both factions have locked the other faction out of the eye like in old days and both sides stick to there fatties until Suna.

Before asked yes I have grinded the bags and doing so each day some just to keep up and this is not about the rewards or the ability to gear up it is the utter zombieness of the event.  People running 3 or 4 alts to get coins on all toons is far from the spirit of this event.  So you better make sure you make omegas and temperings and manastones event ones or the economy that Nc so dearly cares about is still gonna have issues.

I have no issue with the eye just issue with how the event currently is, in its non intended form.  So make loots group loot and bring back if that doesn't happen Wednesday shut it down because it is extremely broken as currently is and while many mindlessly grinding it or doing cause they don't win ec's, or dredge, or can't do fm enough is enough 1 week is enough in its current form and it needs to be fixed or stopped.  So if not fixed end it Wednesday and spawn reward npc's with adjusted prices and made event in main cities so people can turn in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agreed with you until yesterday. However, yesterday I started to see more people/groups out and pvping. I think people are starting to get tired of zombie leagues. I think in the next week or so, the Eye will become a lot more active with a nice balance between pvp and farming. I could be wrong, but I think that may happen. I farmed for 4 hours the first few days, but now I won't do more than 30 minutes a day because it's just too boring. I think a lot of people will start to feel the same and will start doing other things inside the Eye. Fingers crossed at least!

2 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I agreed with you until yesterday. However, yesterday I started to see more people/groups out and pvping. I think people are starting to get tired of zombie leagues. I think in the next week or so, the Eye will become a lot more active with a nice balance between pvp and farming. I could be wrong, but I think that may happen. I farmed for 4 hours the first few days, but now I won't do more than 30 minutes a day because it's just too boring. I think a lot of people will start to feel the same and will start doing other things inside the Eye. Fingers crossed at least!

Honestly I feel people tired at the moment because they have no idea reward prices, once they see those I think I feel the zombies will come back even stronger.  They need to fix it, 1 week is enough in it's current form.  Just my Opinion but yeh fix it or stop it till fixed

We’ve had plenty of pvp on DN. Some people in my legion have already capped their turn ins for the pvp quest. We’ve pushed the Elyos league killing the fatties to make things more interesting and actually wiped them on Saturday night with a couple groups. Plenty of pvp to be had honestly, just have to jump into it. It’s a lot better than camping Illuma too since there is only 1 set of guards and we can tank them.

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

I did say this would be another mindless farm fest. However, people are trying to reach a specific number of coins since no one knows what the new list will be. 

I don't disagree but honestly is this what the game is now.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240455779

Just a small sample I did from yesterday and I am far from the biggest grinder

1 minute ago, Hellish-DN said:

We’ve had plenty of pvp on DN. Some people in my legion have already capped their turn ins for the pvp quest. We’ve pushed the Elyos league killing the fatties to make things more interesting and actually wiped them on Saturday night with a couple groups. Plenty of pvp to be had honestly, just have to jump into it. It’s a lot better than camping Illuma too since there is only 1 set of guards and we can tank them.

agreed we did the same on Saturday for the whole day to make grinding more bearable but still I feel this event in current form enough is enough

They aren’t going to change the loot system in the event, that would take too many resources and would have to be done by NCsoft-KR. All you can do is do what you want and have fun with it. If people want to grind the fat mobs in league, then make them pvp. 

7 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

They aren’t going to change the loot system in the event, that would take too many resources and would have to be done by NCsoft-KR. All you can do is do what you want and have fun with it. If people want to grind the fat mobs in league, then make them pvp. 

To be honest I see them fixing the loot back to group on Wednesday or at least hope they don't not a hard change and if they have to code new reward prices etc allready not far fetched to see them fixing loot to how supposed to be as well.  I love the eye but in its current form needs to stop.  Dumpster diving into the zombie zerg is fun yes but the rest of the game is completely dead due to mindless zombie zergs that takes little to no effort to get rewarded, don't even have to attack the mob and get reward.

I can't wait for this event to be over, but I can't see them ending it early, @Tyd-KT.. much as I would like to.

I have been called a White Knight for NCWest more often than not and I am actually playing other games with friends because I can't stand the farming. We canceled all legion runs of things (though we did do IWW yesterday). We aren't seiging. We had pink forts on DN! People in legion are saying that they feel -pressure- when in game to farm or they will be behind. We did do a few FMs and then PvPed around a bit last night. Watching the leagues killing the fatties a bit.. characters with long strings of other characters running behind them obviously exploiting. No idea if they were scripting or perhaps just coming back every 10 or so minutes to run and loot all the bodies they missed while afk. Some, however, were obvious alt strings.

Someone pointed out that if you bought omegas on the BCM a few weeks ago, you got something like 80 for $100. (Can't recall the exact amount.) Yet people on that first day farmed for 14 hours and got 100 omegas for free. Paying players have ever right to be ticked. 

The economy is already going to be borked. (Unless the items are changed to untradeable.) The gear gap will go from pay2win vs. free players to Farmed Non-Stop Tia Eye vs. Did Not Farm Non-Stop Tia Eye.

This is already going to have far reaching repercussions. If NCWest follows NCKorea's model, people with +25+ gear will get pre-enchanted new gear in 6.0. Instead of just a handful of top players getting that gear, anyone that farmed this event on two or more characters will get it. We have already had a player admit that they have no intention of using any of the omegas or temperings that they get from this event. Rather they will hold them until 6.0 and then have -tons- of things to exchange for the new enchant items.

So if they stop it on Wed, people will claim false advertising.. and be correct.

If they stop the league loot on Wed and go to group loot, people will cry because this event will go from one long afk'n'loot event and turn into the geared KSing the masses event. 

No matter what NCWest does now, they are screwed.

In all my many years playing Aion, I have only seen one other Poop Show bigger than what this event has turned in to.. and that was the famed "One Month of Free Transfers" which ended in a week and trapped people on grossly unbalanced servers for years.

2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I can't wait for this event to be over, but I can't see them ending it early, @Tyd-KT.. much as I would like to.

I have been called a White Knight for NCWest more often than not and I am actually playing other games with friends because I can't stand the farming. We canceled all legion runs of things (though we did do IWW yesterday). We aren't seiging. We had pink forts on DN! People in legion are saying that they feel -pressure- when in game to farm or they will be behind. We did do a few FMs and then PvPed around a bit last night. Watching the leagues killing the fatties a bit.. characters with long strings of other characters running behind them obviously exploiting. No idea if they were scripting or perhaps just coming back every 10 or so minutes to run and loot all the bodies they missed while afk. Some, however, were obvious alt strings.

Someone pointed out that if you bought omegas on the BCM a few weeks ago, you got something like 80 for $100. (Can't recall the exact amount.) Yet people on that first day farmed for 14 hours and got 100 omegas for free. Paying players have ever right to be ticked. 

The economy is already going to be borked. (Unless the items are changed to untradeable.) The gear gap will go from pay2win vs. free players to Farmed Non-Stop Tia Eye vs. Did Not Farm Non-Stop Tia Eye.

This is already going to have far reaching repercussions. If NCWest follows NCKorea's model, people with +25+ gear will get pre-enchanted new gear in 6.0. Instead of just a handful of top players getting that gear, anyone that farmed this event on two or more characters will get it. We have already had a player admit that they have no intention of using any of the omegas or temperings that they get from this event. Rather they will hold them until 6.0 and then have -tons- of things to exchange for the new enchant items.

So if they stop it on Wed, people will claim false advertising.. and be correct.

If they stop the league loot on Wed and go to group loot, people will cry because this event will go from one long afk'n'loot event and turn into the geared KSing the masses event. 

No matter what NCWest does now, they are screwed.

In all my many years playing Aion, I have only seen one other Poop Show bigger than what this event has turned in to.. and that was the famed "One Month of Free Transfers" which ended in a week and trapped people on grossly unbalanced servers for years.

By all means I agree I don't want it stopped per say, only stop it if loot not fixed to group loot like should be that is all asking.  Will I get what I want doubtful but this is beyond crazy with how it is in its current form.  Also Note I have all of 2 omegas currently on my toon the ones I got from survey so I could use more and keep grinding but this is just umm I got no more words

11 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

By all means I agree I don't want it stopped per say, only stop it if loot not fixed to group loot like should be that is all asking.

Group loot will just ensure the server's top-geared 75s get everything, while the rest gets nothing or can go killsteal the normal mobs 24/7 for the crumbs. You know, like with the keymasters in the good ol' days.

There actually is a well-thought out and reasonable proposed solution by @AnonymousCoward-DN posted here: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1946-gideon-hear-the-community/?do=findComment&comment=19415

4 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

Group loot will just ensure the server's top-geared 75s get everything, while the rest gets nothing or can go killsteal the normal mobs 24/7 for the crumbs. You know, like with the keymasters in the good ol' days.

There actually is a well-thought out and reasonable proposed solution by @AnonymousCoward-DN posted here: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/1946-gideon-hear-the-community/?do=findComment&comment=19415

I like the idea of that proposal but I am also a realist.  Korea seldom if ever has ever done something to specifically cater to North America.  This idea would take the devs recoding even more and I honestly do not see them doing that.  If they do I will be the most shocked player in North America that Korea actually did something for us specifically.  That said allowing the community to get soulstones etc in its current form is beyond sad, no work required almost zero., you don't need to do anything but follow and loot.  Forget the most geared players locking stuff down I agree with you on that allowing even with caps people to gear in this current format is pathetic.  So they need to come up with a better solution then just capping stuff or honestly end it because it is broken period.

3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

It's funny. People were all up in arms over the afkers getting a free ride to purification materials in Evergale, but don't seem so upset about the same thing happening in Tia Eye. Weird, right?

It's not that weird really. AFKs in Evergale are a liability on your team that (generally) reduce your chances of winning = you potentially lose out on stuff. AFKs in Tia Eye don't impact the coins you get in any way, or greatly affect the time it takes to kill one. If anything having more AFKs = faster looting per fatty. The only bad part is that they tend to occupy a number of slots, but even with that there's usually always room.

I don't think NCSoft is really in a position to change the way the loot is done at this point.  They've already announced that the loot is staying as is - and people are just going to have to accept that.  Nobody is forcing anyone to be part of the "mindless zombie league."  You can choose not to participate in the event.  I played around in there for a couple of evenings and got bored.  Played other games over the weekend instead.  If the grind is annoying you, go do something else  ;)

20 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

I don't think NCSoft is really in a position to change the way the loot is done at this point.  They've already announced that the loot is staying as is - and people are just going to have to accept that.  Nobody is forcing anyone to be part of the "mindless zombie league."  You can choose not to participate in the event.  I played around in there for a couple of evenings and got bored.  Played other games over the weekend instead.  If the grind is annoying you, go do something else  ;)

Oh I did play other stuff would farm a few hours and logout.  The point is not the grind far from it, allowing people to do it this way is.  You should have to work a bit for new gear and allowing people to essentially zombie mode it is the problem.  Little to zero work involved, sure over time usually have events that give stuff away but not 2 months after patch.  So they should do something because this way is just sad

34 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

You CAN choose to not do the event. However, if you do, you WILL be left behind. Thats the annoying part about this games since 5.x.(Well, perhaps since its inception.) It lull's you into a false sense of freedom and choice, when in fact it literally forces your hand. An illusion of multiple paths towards competitiveness, when only one is truly viable. Demanding that you commit to things you'd rather not. The game truly feels like a 2nd job now. Dull, repetitive, boring...but you gotta do it, or else. Which explains why so many have abandoned it.

43 minutes ago, Belldandy-KT said:

You CAN choose to not do the event. However, if you do, you WILL be left behind. Thats the annoying part about this games since 5.x.(Well, perhaps since its inception.) It lull's you into a false sense of freedom and choice, when in fact it literally forces your hand. An illusion of multiple paths towards competitiveness, when only one is truly viable. Demanding that you commit to things you'd rather not. The game truly feels like a 2nd job now. Dull, repetitive, boring...but you gotta do it, or else. Which explains why so many have abandoned it.

af98c-this.gif

2 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

Bring back the event when fixed to group drops.

Tyd are you sure that will fix the zombie farming? Why not to fix it to roll? there i could belive more pvp would happen in the eye, cuz all i see in only setting loot in a group is zombies fighting eachother for a fatty but in separate groups and loads of (more) drama in lfg.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Making this group loot would create elitist groups where only the strongest could farm the coins, leaving the rest to attempt to farm mobs and get zerged by the enemy. Worst idea ever.

This is the way it was meant to be. It was meant to be a few elite groups competing for the fatties. They would have all needed to be there and controlling their characters. They would try to KS each other or PvP the opposite faction's elite groups for them. Everyone else was meant to be killing normal mobs to try and farm the coins while other groups not farming fatties ran about killing those trying to kill mobs. You weren't meant to get thousands of coins. You were meant to get -maybe- 100 a week. (i.e. 10 omegas/week)

This event was never meant to be the Mother Load of events where items rain from the sky. It was meant to have just good enough rewards to entice people into the Eye so that there would be PvP.

The way we are running it now is a very twisted version of what it was meant to be.

56 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

This is the way it was meant to be. It was meant to be a few elite groups competing for the fatties. They would have all needed to be there and controlling their characters. They would try to KS each other or PvP the opposite faction's elite groups for them. Everyone else was meant to be killing normal mobs to try and farm the coins while other groups not farming fatties ran about killing those trying to kill mobs. You weren't meant to get thousands of coins. You were meant to get -maybe- 100 a week. (i.e. 10 omegas/week)

This event was never meant to be the Mother Load of events where items rain from the sky. It was meant to have just good enough rewards to entice people into the Eye so that there would be PvP.

The way we are running it now is a very twisted version of what it was meant to be.

Never thought I'd agree with aly.

54 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

You want a KS event? Leave others behind because they can't farm it? In Korea they also had league loot, however by the time they received the event, everyone was running in purified PvP gear. They didn't need a KS zerg nonstop.

group btw

Archived