Forums

Tia Eye NPC and rewards

Crazyhorse-DN

THe problem is they are trying to screw us for every cent and now they don't even hide the fact, its blatant!

RELEASE the Event npc AS is! Just like Korea did, even after they sent it to you "It was working as intented" and word is Korea not only confirm that for you they then refuse to add more items to dilute the needs for one over another item. and told you no at first to changing the prices, then you push them and they agreed! 

For shame worse management  tactics ever!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg the event is broken.. lets take the NPC out to think about the prices to not broke the economy and loose players!

Uhay I have an idea boss.. lets make the stuff 20x more on price, the event is saved and the player base will not leave!

Inbefore NC lost its Player base cause the bad decision.

Alright let's think simple...let's say i want to use +11 manastones on my gear and i don't have a single one, so that means i need 42 manastones in total that's about 15k protectorate coins for me to farm that means that i need to farm at least 750 coins per day untill ofthe event @Hime, @Cyan, @Gideon , do you guys ahave any idea how many hours that is? i guess no let's calculate them then : taking 3 fatties per 5 mins i need 250 pounches so 250/3=83 fatties (because it's 3 fatties every 5 mins) now 83*5=416 minuites(because the respawn time is 5 mins) and 416mins=7 hours so here comes my question:ARE YOU SERIUS PEOPLE?

I just personally find it hilarious how many people still blame NCSoft for this rather than NCWest, just like every time that NCWest has messed up something like this. Every region has their own variations of the game, but I guess it's sort of hard to realize how different every region can be when you only play one. Please do keep buying into their whole "guys we're completly powerless and apparently we can't even do something as simple as research what goes on in Korea (something a normal player can do) so that we'll know ahead of time what's coming and work with that information", I'm sure they love it.

7 minutes ago, Tenshei-DN said:

Alright let's think simple...let's say i want to use +11 manastones on my gear and i don't have a single one, so that means i need 42 manastones in total that's about 15k protectorate coins for me to farm that means that i need to farm at least 750 coins per day @Hime@Cyan@Gideon

you dont count the failed attempts when you install that 42 manastones, maybe you will need 42 manastones by x3 or x4 of them to manage to set them and this is 170 manastones or u will use some magic like Major Felicitous Socketing Box (Mythic) x42 each 480 NC coins or 300m in kinah each .......

15 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Really? This is much better than I thought it would be. @Hime explained where the numbers came from. If you think these are too high, blame those that did nothing but farm 24/7. Those are the numbers they used to set these prices.

I can buy exactly one omega and I think these numbers are fair.

Really? You are getting less than how much you farmed for. This also screws the players that can hardly farm a day. People like you I just don't understand 

4 minutes ago, Deathest-DN said:

Really? You are getting less than how much you farmed for. This also screws the players that can hardly farm a day. People like you I just don't understand 

From Hime's explanation, it just made sense to me.

I told you I farmed enough to get exactly one omega. So I guess I am one of those people that was screwed, though I don't feel that way. I made my choice. Others made theirs. If that choice was to put a crack ton of time into this event, they should get the greater rewards. While someone like me that didn't, shouldn't. I'm good with that.

nc does shit every day just to exist and sucks
but you are here crying and logged in the game, and spend 1 day you will have forgotten this,

TheTiamarantaa eye event in korea was a success, in the NA it should have been the same but they would have crap started giving away easy prizes and now they simply want to take
in Korea the tya event became famous for several videos of pvp, in NA by way of donkey to start was famous by the PVE that nc now wants to withdraw,
unjust to have given something at the beginning and then

Well I just think that as a form of protest nobody should go to the map neither for pvp nor pve
make this event a failure in NA

But what will happen? Good you, like I said, soon you'll forget what happened this week and soon you'll be there again, and you know what? the adms already know this.

should integrate all rewards through a tier system only obtainable by pvp kill quests that stack higher and rewards get better the more you complete in the zone.No more coin farming but have to actually fight.only reason i came back to game is "Eye pvp". Idk im just a glad n hate farming

59 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I told you I farmed enough to get exactly one omega. So I guess I am one of those people that was screwed, though I don't feel that way. I made my choice. Others made theirs. If that choice was to put a crack ton of time into this event, they should get the greater rewards. While someone like me that didn't, shouldn't. I'm good with that.

Yeah I don't get how you don't seem to understand any of this. If nc weren't stupid and were generious  you would have a lot more omegas with the coins you have. All this favors the no lifers that can farm 4k coins. I wanted to stack up on temps/omegas for 6.0. But I guess that's not happening. I only farmed 1k coins through this whole week. I gota job so I can't be on 24/7. All that back n forth fatty to fatty I was able to do and getting lil to pretty much nothing out of it is bullcrap. Do you understand now?

It's funny how some people think that other players who have more free time, no work, no school or w/e are at an advantage, and this increase in price blah blah blah.  No SHIT they are at an advantage.  They put in their time to gain an advantage.  People who have work during evergale or divine or w/e, are at a disadvantage.  Why don't we just remove the soulstones from players who can play during those times since they are "at an advantage"?  People who can play more hours will always just have the advantage, whether they can farm more instances, events, or make more alts.  That's been the way of aion for quite some time now.

Now it doesn't matter whether you collected 500 coins or 5,000 coins the rate hike 20-25x affects everyone.  If you had 500 coins you can only buy 1/10th of what the person with 5,000 coins can buy, the advantage is still there they still get 10x more than you.  If you think that since they have more coins you rather nyerk them you are willing to nyerk yourself as well.  Think about surveys for accounts with a level 66 + toon, the most recent gave a cute minion contract price ranging between 200m on first day to about 350-400m at its peak.  So if you have only 4 accounts in comparison to some people who says they have 80 accounts you can see how much that puts you at a disadvantage.  And that's for doing nothing as well, at least farming these fatty requires more work than just login in an account and collect the survey.  But if you feel that is unfair, would you prefer them nerf the rewards?  Whatever the reward is you still have the same rate as before compared to those who spent time leveling toons.  The list goes on and on, how about the Shugo sweep?  Each account gets 1 free die and 1 from survey, so 2 free rolls per account.  Would you prefer they just not give away any free die because that will put you at a disadvantage over others who has more time to create more accounts than you?  Or maybe we should just remove all surveys and events altogether so no one is at an advantage over another.  Remove all sieges because the time is not suitable for everyone, remove all instances because not everyone has the gear or the level required to do them.  Then all will be happy?  

I do not think a player who can play 8 hs or more each day has more advantage than a player who has a work and money. This game used to have both of them in the past and still is the same. The first one can provide a lot of items from farming and the second one can buy some strategic items from BCM and using the broker both can keep a balance. 

If we think on their profit, maybe could be a best idea to make some promotions on BCM with felicitous or level reduction stones. If there are more and cheaper omegas, soulstones and manastones, we are going to need those. Yet, they just was so scared about the chance of losing profit selling omegas and temperings on the next weeks and just protected their income. 

And to be honest, I do not think they will try to change anything now. They were fast to make a change because they neeeded that. But now is our problem and probably will be like all the other problems and issues in Aion that only affects directly the players. If you think about those issues, the average time to have a solution or a chance is 2 to 4 months. Sometimes even more. 

Also taking an explanation from a woman who is more related with other games than in Aion, and actually is almost disconected from this game, is not even wise. That explanation has no sense at all. She is not taking into consideration the circunstances that made those players to collect those coins. She has no idea about how boring actually is to do that. She is not considerating that most of those players, even with lower prices in the NPC, will star reducing the amount of time doing that cause is not funny at all. Grinding is something that you do for some days to get something really usefull. But grinding a whole month is really frustrating. She did not take into consideration that the prices on the broker can also affect that time. Cause with more omegas and manastones in the broker, prices will go down, and will be less profitable to grind. The players were farming all the week cause we do not have the NPC so still there are not aditional omegas and manastones on the market. They farmed all that time cause the though that the prices could be between x2-x10. Hime also forgot to considerate that all the other mobs and quest are giving so smalls rewards, so with this change the only thing from this event where you can get the coins is also the most boring one. So IMO the  explanation from Hime has not sense at all. She just counted the coins collected from some players and created the new prices but she forgot all the important information. 

Also, I found that most of the people complaining about the old prices or asking for a group loot, are mostly old players with the best gear and experience. In some way I can understand why they do not want to have a lot of omegas and manastones at low prices. I also see why some players who made a huge effort on EC for months do not think that is fair if everyone can get all the soulstones in few weeks. I understand them cause I made a huge effort to have the gear that I have now. And actually I do not need so much. So I know that is not nice if everyone can get in 4 weeks what required many months, and some money, for some of us. So, even when I do not like the new numbers and how the event was managed, I can understand. I know that in some way does not feel like so fair. But after so many years in Aion, I learned that even if sometimes the casual players can get things faster, time is an ally for the veterans. They will always be on a better place. So maybe for veterans, lower prices could be just an oportunity to gear up some alts. Remember than in 6.0 they will be totally "naked" and we wont have the chance to trade items inside our account. 

I do think, Hime, that y'all's choice to hike the prices this high is a mistake.  I know I won't sway your mind, but I'd like to go through a few important points.

- Currently, gear progression is very dependent on time-exclusive activities.  Evergale Canyon is one of two ways you can progress with your PvP gear, but it is only available late in the evening (EST).  There are a sizable minority of players such as myself who are unable to attend EGC during those hours, due to whatever reasons, whether it be work, timezone, or other obligations.  This puts a gate on gear progression for us.  This event was going to allow people like me an opportunity to gear up, but now, it will be very difficult to catch up with the folks whose schedules allow them to attend the time-exclusive content.

-Currently, pvp gear progression's only route other than time-locked content is through FM, which is a surprisingly difficult instance.  This means that for someone to gear up, they must find a group of highly geared and competent players to form a static to grind FM.  This means your personal progression is literally in the hands of other people.  There is no way currently to make progression on your gear while solo.  This is a soft-gate on the content for a sizable minority of your player-base.

-Korea did this event before 6.0's launch was announced.  You are not.  Your playerbase is well aware of the fact that 6.0 is coming (WINTER IS COMING) and that all of the gear that is being worked so hard to get will be made redundant.  Everything your players work to achieve at this point is garbage-tier gear compared to what is coming in 6.0 due to the massive shifting of how statistics are used.  The literal only exception to this statement is that some Koreans still use +20-+30 pvp weapons because they have godstones grandfathered in with them.

-Let's be real.  You guys screwed the pooch with the rather clumsy way you handled this event.  I am not blaming you.  I understand the difficult situation you were put in.  However, the situation was not handled very well, and there is a large population of your playerbase that was already discontent with how your company has been handling the game.  By increasing the prices this much, you're basically shooting yourself in the foot by angering your players even more.  Had you upped the prices by ten to fifteenfold, depending on which item, you would have gotten accolades about fairness.  Instead, you're getting 10+ pages of rage except for Aly.  I literally just logged on, and for the first time since the event started, my friends list has exactly one person in the Eye, whereas it used to be everyone was.  You've killed your own event.

-Considering the advent of 6.0 and the game changes it brings, why do you want to make it so difficult for players to get their gear?  This part I just don't understand.  Why aren't you just being generous with your players and giving them an easier time getting their gear that will be useless in 6-7 months?  Why make it so difficult?  Everything that we're doing right now literally has no point, and will not help you come 6.0.

I know I can't change y'all's mind, Hime, but I hope that you'll bring these points to the attention of the rest of NCWest's staff for future consideration.  

Thank you and ALL PRISMATIC GLORY TO THE RAINBOW SNAKE

-

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

You either have not read the many threads on this topic or are devoid of any common sense. There is a plethora of posts outlining why the price list released by NcWest is absurd to any customer, paying or otherwise in terms of time spent (effort) vs reward. What you actually need to spend time doing for the event was designed by Ncsoft so there can be no argument there, only suggestions, of which there are also many all over the forums.

This is not about you or what you are good with. So you didn't like the event, didn't do it, don't care, not interested, I get it. You would probably be a whole lot less antagonistic to the angry people here trying to get things changed so that a game they love and have invested in does not end up in the toilet where it is quickly heading if you just kept that to yourself. Just saying.

@Ubie-KT I am not being antagonistic. Just putting up my opinion, like everyone else. That's fair, right? I haven't said that anyone else is wrong. I understand why people are angry. The more casual people just can't compete with the hardcore grinders. That first day we were presented with what looked like a treasure trove of rewards and we come to find out that it will be more of a trickle. I get the anger. I just don't feel the need to be angry. I read what Hime said. It made sense to my mathematical brain. The new prices personally suck beans for me since I need all those things like everyone else, but I have no one but myself to blame for not being able to scoop up 10+ omegas. I had the time. I just couldn't make myself farm. Kudos to those that did. 

As for those suggesting changes, those are really few and far between. Lingerie posted a nice thread that I clicked like for so that Cyan/Hime can see that his idea is supported by others. I have seen and like the idea of changing things to 7 day or untradeable with lower prices. All good suggestions and made before the staff  told us what we were going to get. At this point do you honestly think they are going to (or can do.. not sure if any of this needs scripting) change things now? I have been around since '09. I just don't see them changing their minds. 

Mostly what this thread is full of is angry people shouting. "You suck!" "Are you kidding me?" "I am quitting!" "You just killed Aion!" Important things to note, but hardly suggestions. And as someone who doesn't agree, I am just an easy target. That's fine, too. Actually finding it rather nice that the thread hasn't been closed. It's good for everyone to be able to talk freely.. even me.

21 hours ago, Hime said:

Hey folks, it's a fair request so here are the new prices that we're waiting to update to live. They are higher than the previous prices due to the high amount of Gold Protectorate Coins being collected. When determining the new prices, we looked at the average rate players were getting the coins and made a first pass using that information, and then we made a second pass where we brought the prices down a bit to account for natural tailing as the event progresses. These will be the final prices.

Items Price
Royal Sentinel's Weapon Box 1250
Royal Sentinel's Chest Armor Box 800
Royal Sentinel's Leg Armor Box 600
Royal Sentinel's Gloves Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoulder Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoes Box 450
Omega Enchantment Stone 250
Tempering Solution 350
+11 Manastone Selection Bundle 350
+12 Manastone Selection Bundle 550
[Title] Capable 1500
[Title] Mogul 1500
Tempest Commander Soulstone 100
Iron Wall Commander Soulstone 100
Defense Commander Soulstone 100
Contribution Commander Soulstone 40

We are actively working on bringing back the event merchants as soon as possible. It will require server downtime and we were hoping to get them back up during tomorrow's maintenance, but unfortunately we were not able to get the required build in time for tomorrow.

These prices are unacceptable.

The eye and game are literally dead right now on Danaria seriously. about 50 Asmos mostly looking for chests and very little Eylos to pvp. No one at all is farming and there are no fatty farms. Many of the players normally see and do stuff with are not even logging in or afk. Some are taking advantage of the XP and drop buff and doing small man instances. Really sad to see but NcSoft put their greed ahead of their better judgement in how to properly handle this mess.

Archived