Forums

Tia Eye NPC and rewards

Crazyhorse-DN

Ok, let me see if I understand the time line of events.

Ncsoft releases the Eye event and coin NPC.

A day later the coin NPC vanishes?

Ncsoft states that the way coins were being collected didnt correspond to the reward price.

We sit for a week or so wondering whats going on.  Get the new price list after NCsoft correlates data from their servers and sets prices reflective of what was collected and what they orginally planned the event outcome should be, meaning 1 maybe 2 pieces of gear, a few temperings, a few omegas, a few manastones, etc.

Was there a post from NCsoft about their estimated player outcome would be prior to the event release?  Like we want people to get xx amount of gear, xx amount of omegas or temperings, etc?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did it take them a week to come up with these calculations though?

An optimal league will farm 4 fatties in 6 minutes, that’s 120 coins/hour and you’ll be banging your head against your keyboard after two hours. That’s all you need to come up with decent prices so how did you screw that up? 3 hours to get one temper? They’re 80M at the broker.

25M per hour.

I CAN MAKE MORE FARMING BESHMUNDIR FFS

Here is how you lose players fast.

Original rewards

Tempest Commander Soulstone5

Iron Wall Commander Soulstone5

Defense Commander Soulstone5

Players like me see hope in catching up well done NCSOFT.

Now rewards

Tempest Commander Soulstone100

Iron Wall Commander Soulstone100

Defense Commander Soulstone100

WTF 20 times the original price for something that will only benefit the whole of the Aion player base. Now the hopes and dreams of most players have just about vanished.  

Good night boys and girls

Well, I just got back from college and I get this "shot" from ncsoft ....
you have to learn one thing my dear ones: not everything is based on the players that can stay 24hrs farm in the game .... there are players that have life !!!

I have college to fulfill !!! I arrive today and I see this absurdity coming from you .... unbelievable !!! want to be without any possible player? Every shit you play in this game is thousands of players stopping !!!

sincerely, I already lost the faith that I had in you .... seriously ... I hope they stop playing the assholes and start listening to their players ....

I do not know what to say anymore.....

22 minutes ago, Digs-KT said:

So for a full purified 80 armor set, it will now take 255hours of just grinding fatties.

There is 168 hours in 1 week, if someone had 8 hours of sleep per night, and played for 16 hours per day, 7 days per week, they would farm for 112 hours in that week,

so it would take them over 2 weeks for farm just the Armor set from scratch.

and thats someone who has 16 hours of free time per day.

so lets say someone works for 8 hours per day, sleeps for 8 hours, and plays for 8 hours, which is unrealistic but i'll still use it as an example, they would be able to farm for 72hours per week, assuming they can farm for 16 hours on the saturday and sunday, it would take them 3.5 weeks or 24* days to farm JUST the armor. 

Do you see the issue here NCSoft?

How do you expect players to be able to progress for this event? Your prices are unrealistic, your very small community of players are dwindling, and you're forcing us to commit literally our entire life to farming an event for gear that is being replaced completely next patch. 

Also if theres any mistakes here I apologize, I posted this from my phone.

Or just git gud and farm soulstones from the normal sources?

8 minutes ago, Sticker-KT said:

Ok, let me see if I understand the time line of events.

Ncsoft releases the Eye event and coin NPC.

A day later the coin NPC vanishes?

Ncsoft states that the way coins were being collected didnt correspond to the reward price.

We sit for a week or so wondering whats going on.  Get the new price list after NCsoft correlates data from their servers and sets prices reflective of what was collected and what they orginally planned the event outcome should be, meaning 1 maybe 2 pieces of gear, a few temperings, a few omegas, a few manastones, etc.

Was there a post from NCsoft about their estimated player outcome would be prior to the event release?  Like we want people to get xx amount of gear, xx amount of omegas or temperings, etc?

Omg, another stupid nyerk player trying to inverse the real situation. you're completely wrong.

Considering the older prices WITHOUT the fatties: You're supposed to farm 20 coins in 1 hour killing regular mobs.

It means 2 omegas [or]  4x Purify Materials [or] [almost] 1x +12 Manastone Bundle every hour. Now the entire playerbase will suffer because not even a dozen of players are getting coins 24/7.

Manastone prices are fine, Omegas could be 150 coins or 100 while being [event] and commander soulstones could be 50 coins.
I would be just fine with that, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would aswell. It wouldn't be as cheap as it was at the first day, but not expensive as it is now.

Just now, Letizi-DN said:

Manastone prices are fine, Omegas could be 150 coins or 100 while being [event] and commander soulstones could be 50 coins.
I would be just fine with that, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would aswell. It wouldn't be as cheap as it was at the first day, but not expensive as it is now.

+1 on that.

I wouldn't care if the omegas are [Event] or [7 days]. That way it wouldnt hurt the game economy (A.K.A. NC's wallet).  The new prices are really really lame.

We can get better rewards doing old stuff

Im sorry to say that because overall i try always to put myself in others people's boots .. but at this point i cant understand how any of you is in charge of anything in this game because  sorry in my world u couldnt even be in charge of feeding a dead cat

Incredible amount of mistakes, wrong decisions and  full ignore of the cumunity voice.

There is so much to say ... that best way it just to be silent.... anyway not that u showed a 1 single proof of caring of what we say.....

1 hour ago, Tyd-KT said:

you could do what the rest of the people are doing and that is dredge, ec, divine and fm's.  No event required and all give soulstones and most require some brain activity to do .  Just a suggestion not trying to be rude

Keep in mind that not everyone is home when those instances are being run.  As well, you have a large number of the player base that can't actually win an Evergale because they get kicked or DC'd from the server constantly.  Divine can also be hit or miss for people being able to participate and get loot.  I've participated in a bunch of Divine sieges and never once got  a reward.  And as for FM - not everyone has access to a group that is successful.  

And as for Hime's post....

I don't even know what to say.  I figured you guys would jack the prices up a little bit, but I didn't think you'd mess things up this badly.  The prices for omegas are ridiculous!  You should have just kept the prices as they were and made everything untradeable, or made a daily cap on the items (like you do for other things in game).  

I didn't put in nearly the same amount of grind time as other people due to work and other committments, but thank you for posting the updated prices.  Now I know not to bother with the event anymore.  Of all the events that have come out in the last year, this was the one I, and likely everyone else, was most excited about - and I didn't even know about the loot/rewards!  I was just excited to have an old map back that everyone loved! 

It's a damn shame that those in charge managed to kill it.  Those people who managed to benefit from the NPC on day 1 are probably thrilled by this news, and I congratulate them on their awesome OP gear.  I'm glad some people managed to not get screwed.  I'm sure there will still be hardcore grinders in there working away to buy their exceptionally over-priced rewards.  But you basically just killed it for any and all casual players.  Well done.

@Hime@CyanWhat-morons on your Fiscal analysis team don't know how to do basic future planning? Who is it?  Who do you need to fire,  what nyerking intern do you have that doesn't know how to do Eureka Math. There were several possible ways to solve "the issue" if there was one. Here we go NCsoft take notes... you untalented fiscal fcuk-ups.

1. You leave the prices at the NPC the same, and you denote that the drops are only allowed in  Alliance looting-not League, for those looking for a more competitive experience in the Eye. Not to mention PVP.

2. You follow (1.) but you also increase the drop amount that is received from each sack that is dropped by the "fatty" mob.  That would justify your increase in prices at the NPC. Then you place on the BCM (I know how dumb your team is so let me spell that out: Black Cloud Marketplace) Promo discount on SUPPs.

3. You don't touch a motherfcuking thing with the event, Nothing was "truly" wrong with. Could the number of coins from each sack have been higher...sure, but we forgive you. Y'all are clearly not intelligent humans.

4. If you were worried about the price drop of the in-game market ( which let's be honest I've seen some of your twitch cast, and you don't have nyerking clue what is going on in your game- you clearly don't even read forums), keep the price the at the NPC the same, increase the number of  coins from sacks. But, make the certain items like Omegas [Event], thereby preserving what market is left.

5 minutes ago, Sunix-DN said:

Omg, another stupid nyerk player trying to inverse the real situation. you're completely wrong.

Considering the older prices WITHOUT the fatties: You're supposed to farm 20 coins in 1 hour killing regular mobs.

It means 2 omegas [or]  4x Purify Materials [or] [almost] 1x +12 Manastone Bundle every hour. Now the entire playerbase will suffer because not even a dozen of players are getting coins 24/7.

I am asking the time line not a nyerk player trying ti inverse things.  I still cant find a post stating that we were only suppose to get 20 coins an hour.  Thus why I asked that in my post.

But I guess you looking down upon my from your lofty position has me pegged as a 'stupid nyerk player.'

Stay classy

Just now, GumBall-DN said:

@Hime@CyanWhat-morons on your Fiscal analysis team don't know how to do basic future planning? Who is it?  Who do you need to fire,  what nyerking intern do you have that doesn't know how to do Eureka Math. There were several possible ways to solve "the issue" if there was one. Here we go NCsoft take notes... you untalented fiscal fcuk-ups.

1. You leave the prices at the NPC the same, and you denote that the drops are only allowed in  Alliance looting-not League, for those looking for a more competitive experience in the Eye. Not to mention PVP.

2. You follow (1.) but you also increase the drop amount that is received from each sack that is dropped by the "fatty" mob.  That would justify your increase in prices at the NPC. Then you place on the BCM (I know how dumb your team is so let me spell that out: Black Cloud Marketplace) Promo discount on SUPPs.

3. You don't touch a motherfcuking thing with the event, Nothing was "truly" wrong with. Could the number of coins from each sack have been higher...sure, but we forgive you. Y'all are clearly not intelligent humans.

4. If you were worried about the price drop of the in-game market ( which let's be honest I've seen some of your twitch cast, and you don't have nyerking clue what is going on in your game- you clearly don't even read forums), keep the price the at the NPC the same, increase the number of  coins from sacks. But, make the certain items like Omegas [Event], thereby preserving what market is left.

I think this post will really change their minds, to increase prices. Please dont post again to poke the sleeping bear anymore

The other thing that comes to mind, what if we all rushed to judgement on the prices.  We have no date on the NPC showing back up.  Wouldnt it be great if the prices were actually 1/2 of what Hime stated.  We would all be so happy and NCsoft would get the prices they really wanted for this event.  Stranger shit has happened.

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hey folks, it's a fair request so here are the new prices that we're waiting to update to live. They are higher than the previous prices due to the high amount of Gold Protectorate Coins being collected. When determining the new prices, we looked at the average rate players were getting the coins and made a first pass using that information, and then we made a second pass where we brought the prices down a bit to account for natural tailing as the event progresses. These will be the final prices.

Items Price
Royal Sentinel's Weapon Box 1250
Royal Sentinel's Chest Armor Box 800
Royal Sentinel's Leg Armor Box 600
Royal Sentinel's Gloves Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoulder Box 450
Royal Sentinel's Shoes Box 450
Omega Enchantment Stone 250
Tempering Solution 350
+11 Manastone Selection Bundle 350
+12 Manastone Selection Bundle 550
[Title] Capable 1500
[Title] Mogul 1500
Tempest Commander Soulstone 100
Iron Wall Commander Soulstone 100
Defense Commander Soulstone 100
Contribution Commander Soulstone 40

We are actively working on bringing back the event merchants as soon as possible. It will require server downtime and we were hoping to get them back up during tomorrow's maintenance, but unfortunately we were not able to get the required build in time for tomorrow.

what a joke.

First of all, NEVER GO FULL RETARD NCWest.

Is really that hard to hear your player base? If you guys are worried about in-game enconomy just make everything untradeable, is that so hard to understand?

Why you keep pushing people to quit? Are you guys aware that we dont have the amount of players like KR or even EU?

Can you please, for once, hear your player base?

This event promptly went from boring to boring and not all that rewarding. With that combo, I'm a lot more motivated to do something productive with my time instead, which unfortunately doesn't include Aion. So thanks for that motivation I suppose?

As for all the concerns about the server economy, surely the untradeable soulstones that are mostly acquired in time limited slots that a lot of players can't participate in weren't going to crush the market? o_O

To be honest my first reaction was to laugh. Those numbers are really so ridiculous. 

The data you collected was from a lot of players who thought in something more similar to the initial prices. But with this is totally worthless. And you actually did not balanced the other things here. The drop from the other mobs now are really low, and the only way to get something is to kill fatties for many hours each day. And I can not imagine something more boring than that. We are used to grind in Aion. Doing repetitive things for some time to get something. But this is too much. 

I feel bad for Cyan. Actually I do not think he has something to do whit any of the things we see in the game. Yet, Gydeon and Hime appears once every 3 or 4 months ant just throw something stupid like this, and then he has a lot of work trying to avoid the riots. Probably he is thinking about doing the same than Buster soon. 

This is the community’s fault now, you guys pressured them to giving hence they came out with prices out of the blue just to actually “show something”.

where these new prices are based off I just have no idea where, but one thing’s for sure it’s not proportional to when it’s on group loot and the npc prices before taking into consideration spawn times and obtainable coins in a matter of mins/hrs. We have to zombie our way because of your mistakes yet again another event with potential to be the best ruined.

2 minutes ago, Ube-DN said:

This is the community’s fault now, you guys pressured them to giving hence they came out with prices out of the blue just to actually “show something”.

where these new prices are based off I just have no idea where, but one thing’s for sure it’s not proportional to when it’s on group loot and the npc prices before taking into consideration spawn times and obtainable coins in a matter of mins/hrs. We have to zombie our way because of your mistakes yet again another event with potential to be the best ruined.

not even close to our fault even if we complained? Servers shoulda been taken down after they let us spend our coins on day one and then set to group loot. literally the most obvious fix. NC messed with it so bad now the whole event is ruined.

4 minutes ago, Gaup-KT said:

not even close to our fault even if we complained? Servers shoulda been taken down after they let us spend our coins on day one and then set to group loot. literally the most obvious fix. NC messed with it so bad now the whole event is ruined.

not really gaup. From the top of the usual groups u run things with.. probably thats your call.

But the best call to hold those price instead of having  the momo'style groups monopolizing the full event prize would have been totally remove the bundle or  1 bundle  drop (not 100% based) like any other drop into this damn eye.

And say momo's style group have nothing "hackusation".. you guys know what u doing and u guys have way too much gear compared to the community in the whole. If there is something more.. you know.. I dont

Archived