Jump to content
Arhangelos-KT

AFK leader in evergale?

Recommended Posts

Wha happens when you enter evergale, only to realize a bot hit "enter" faster than anyone else, took the first position as a leader and now the whole alliance has no lead and no leader to kick afkers (since the leader himself is an afker too).

 

This happened yesterday, I won't blame our loss in the afk leader because we were stepped over by a premade, but the afk leader is an issue needs to be resolved.

P7r8vwJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

What would you purpose be done about it? Yeah.. totally sucks. Just not sure how it can be handled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabe-DN   

Expect to see more and more of this.  It is the only way to guarantee they don't get kicked for afking.  Grab lead and hope for the best I guess, they obviously can't pass the lead if they are trying to leech free mats now can they?  I would say the only fix is don't QE, there are plenty of premades, get in one.

Edited by Gabe-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got into another run with this same guy, but he passed lead that time before he went afk.

As Aly said, it sucks (especially if you need to fix groups), but I'm not sure what NCsoft or we players could do about it -- other than an auto-kick system which NCsoft clearly has no intention of ever implementing or they would have done so to start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

@Vantheria-DN.. after he passed lead, did someone kick him for being afk?

No. As I mentioned above, most "afk" players will still click ready, so they aren't getting kicked despite the fact that their MP and HP never change, as @Arxaggelos-KT mentioned. Ah well. #justaionthings I don't think anyone is surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

I just don't get why people afk from the beginning and don't actually afk! How boring is that? Goodness. At least -try-, right? You're there. You may as well.

But whatever floats your boat, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   

I did, and they ruined it by adding the kick option. The ones complaining could easily fix their own problem w/e screwing up others by making their own premade just like the regular pvp instances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

If you recall, I thought the kick option was a really bad idea. It's far too easy to misuse because people are potatoes.

So honestly not sure what your issue is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   

Im not directing this at you or w/e you're saying, but in general, when telling others how to play, they could just fix it themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also thought the player-kick option was a bad idea and said so many times. So yeah...

Also, making a premade doesn't fix anything because there are four alliances in Evergale. So your premade alliance is active? Awesome. But how about the other three quick entry alliances.

You see the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   

Yeah it does... most pvp is 5% doing the work, the other 95% is carry. You can assign groups in your alli to do certain things, then have the rest of the league show up as meat shields, so the groups can do their objective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Yeah it does... most pvp is 5% doing the work, the other 95% is carry. You can assign groups in your alli to do certain things, then have the rest of the league show up as meat shields, so the groups can do their objective. 

Tried that at it doesn't work. 

My legion makes premades on certain days. (Legion Fun Time.. yay!) The groups in the premade alliance are given tasks, but it is RNG if the other three alliances will do anything they are asked to do. Ask them to push mid and you find them on bosses. Ask them to do bosses and you find them in the caves. Ask them to the caves and they will be pushing mid. Ofc that's if any of them are playing at all.

@Vantheria-DN is completely correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Tried that at it doesn't work. 

My legion makes premades on certain days. (Legion Fun Time.. yay!) The groups in the premade alliance are given tasks, but it is RNG if the other three alliances will do anything they are asked to do. Ask them to push mid and you find them on bosses. Ask them to do bosses and you find them in the caves. Ask them to the caves and they will be pushing mid. Ofc that's if any of them are playing at all.

@Vantheria-DN is completely correct.

Exactly, you win some, you lose some. Based on who's on your side and the opponent's side(you think they have 100% participation too?) As long as those assign people are doing what they're doing, thats all you can do. 

 

If they wanted full premade, gl getting 4 alliances together waiting 20-30 mins or more w/o one leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Actually.. I don't think they put premades together. Every time I have done EC, only one premade is put into each instance. Someone told me that they once saw 2 premades, but I have certainly never seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
13 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Ik but i'm saying if they did full premades vs full premades. 

That would be really nice. It's a good suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several things we can do to identify who is going to or is afk, ofcourse the ready check is one of them but as it has been said before, there are people who just stay inactive but only press the ready button to prevent being kicked, besides its a little annoying to do a ready check every 3 minutes, once is fine and the rest of the run to learn to identify the inactive players from who are not.

At the beggining of the run, the people who is going to be active usually run and stay close to the gate and those who are not usually stay still excactly at the same spot where they appeared, so at the moment the gate opens, no need for a ready check, just kick the ones who dont move.

Never pay attention to the mana consumption, we can be easely fooled that way as there are some classes who have skills that consume mana with just being activated. 

Once the time is ticking it wouldnt hurt to go to the camp and see who is active and who is not, I've seen people who stay afk talking to the npc to simulate they are buying the buffs.

And in case the leader is the one who is afk, report them but not with a screenshot as that proof nothing, but with a video whre you can proof the leader was doing nothing for a big period of time.

 

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Actually.. I don't think they put premades together. Every time I have done EC, only one premade is put into each instance. Someone told me that they once saw 2 premades, but I have certainly never seen it.

Its really weird to see 2 premades to face each other, but it happens as I've been in there twice, and those two have been the best EC I've ever been where we actually had to run to get our rewards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That would be really nice. It's a good suggestion.

Think about what you're saying. You want to have full 96 person premades to queue against 96  person pre-mades/ How long is it going to take to form the alliance? Then how long are you going to wait for a pop? This same problem has occurred in other games, they didn't do it because queue times were a nightmare. The PVP community was totally frustrated.

It's perfectly reasonable, and it has been working, to have one pre-made get put into 3 pug alliances. Right now, people are participating more in the pug alliance s and are following directions so it really is quite possible to get a decent win rate. As said previously,  neither side works with a full pre-made, so neither side will have that advantage. It comes down to the league leader and the participation and management of the pug alliances, part of that is managing AFKs,  right now that may mean that some people will get kicked.

6 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Ik but i'm saying if they did full premades vs full premades. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/3/2018 at 7:05 PM, Ele-DN said:

I did, and they ruined it by adding the kick option. The ones complaining could easily fix their own problem w/e screwing up others by making their own premade just like the regular pvp instances. 

 

On 21/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, Ele-DN said:

Telling people how to play the game as always....

Yes it does when you enter in my alliance or my league and you think I will burn my augments and potions and scrolls so you can get either the losing rewards or the winning.
When they allow us to make a full premade league Evergale, then I will literally not care about afk anymore. Until then, I do have a thing or two to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×