Logical and clean solution

awkward-DN

Naturally there's a lot of fuss with the current 'situation' over the Eye, but we are NA.  Complaining is what we do.  Complaining helps neither the company, nor the players. 

So here's a nice solution to this mess.

Step 1:  Release the NPC with the current listed prices from Hime's post (that everyone is complaining about). 
>>> This will let players spend the coins they worked so hard for (AFK, of course, but still, it's time) at the price NC sees fit

Step 2:  Change the loot from the fat mobs to be GROUP only, with un-tradeable rewards, making the mobs in the eye drop Platinum coins instead of Gold coins.
>>> Per the @Gideon (Hear the community) post

The community voted Group loot as the most desireable change.  Changing the coins to Platinum coins instead of Gold (or whatever name you want to give them) will disallow stockpiled coins to be used for the old prices.

Step 3:  Keep the Eye open until 6.0. 
>>> As mentioned by Gideon previously, the main reason the event was taken down was due to the unintended economical impact, and the fact that the prices and loot as they were would disadvantage any player who could not participate permanently.  This addresses that. 

The ultimate effect of this - 
Players will be in the Eye, forming groups as strong as they can to compete with each other AND to PVP against the opposing faction.
Players will not be hoard-farming on alts, zombie'ing the mobs, etc.
Eventually, since the rewards would be untradeable, the stronger and more dedicated groups would stop farming the mobs, the weaker groups would have a chance to catch up.
Weaker players would still be able to catch up in the off-peak hours.

For NC - 
Most of the kinah floating around the economy would be gone prior to 6.0 (Enchanting costs) making players more likely to spend money as they would not receive as many gold bars.
As players could farm manastones easily, the price of Mythic Felicitous suppliments would skyrocket, causing many of the players who need kinah to see the price as "Too good to pass up" - buying ncoins to sell suppliments.
And most of all, you'd still have players left by the time 6.0 comes out.

Hopefully more people will agree with the solution and +1 it, and with any luck get it pushed forward so everyone can be happy. Or at least, as happy as the NA player base can be.

Personally I may still play the game regardless of any changes, however I will not (now, or ever) spend any more money towards the company if a decent solution is not reached.
- Lingerie, DN-A and formerly SL-A.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool there lvl 75 less would not have chance who has not set top or high dps would look at the strong get everything, very good idea ... probably you should be a player 75 with his perfect set and some kind of dominating group

Bad idea for low levels

Do you really think whoever is winning goes to win others in his place?

15 minutes ago, Aml-KT said:

cool there lvl 75 less would not have chance who has not set top or high dps would look at the strong get everything, very good idea ... probably you should be a player 75 with his perfect set and some kind of dominating group

Bad idea for low levels

Do you really think whoever is winning goes to win others in his place?

Do you really think that a player who doesn't have the time to hit level 75 will have the time to farm even one omega from this event as-is?  They'd have a better chance finding a mob with group loot and no one around it a few times to get an omega than they would trying to spend the current required 4 hours to farm it.  Also the weaker players could still productively grind the regular mobs around the eye for their coins and keys, and it would be a better use of their time (even getting a low of 10 coins every hour).  Currently with the listed prices it would take near 3-4 hours of league AFK farming to get the same omega.

Next?

Group Loot cant be happening. How many fatties all together? 6/8 i dont even know.. but i know that  few strong groups would 100% monopolizing  the event prizes.

Events cant be so elitist. Just be realistic and  look at the community more than your own pockets only.

Tho They should really lower prices and  revmove  League/Alliance/group loot. 1 kill 1 bundle ( Not 100%) people roll like they have to roll on loose coins, drana coffee, keys and tasty chef boxes.

The  fact that to be honest, everything .. omega, tempering,  and manastones should be untradable (and maybe even timed) would sorta purge the eye from 66/70 alts and would definitely  not  cause a big harm  for the economy.

But they care? They read? ITS one week people keep writing.. and whatever was  written.. they just didnt give a whole beep .. and all i can imagine is them.. just laughing at us ...

2 minutes ago, Caramella-DN said:

Group Loot cant be happening. How many fatties all together? 6/8 i dont even know.. but i know that  few strong groups would 100% monopolizing  the event prizes.

Events cant be so elitist. Just be realistic and  look at the community more than your own pockets only.

Tho They should really lower prices and  revmove  League/Alliance/group loot. 1 kill 1 bundle ( Not 100%) people roll like they have to roll on loose coins, drana coffee, keys and tasty chef boxes.

The  fact that to be honest, everything .. omega, tempering,  and manastones should be untradable (and maybe even timed) would sorta purge the eye from 66/70 alts and would definitely  not  cause a big harm  for the economy.

But they care? They read? ITS one week people keep writing.. and whatever was  written.. they just didnt give a whole beep .. and all i can imagine is them.. just laughing at us ...

Lowering the amount of coins that drop would have a worse effect vs. raising the prices, as people would feel they weren't getting enough drops for their time.  With raised prices instead of a lower chance, people can guarantee their earnings at the very least. 

I like the idea of timed rewards though, definitely. 

If the elitist players wanted to, they could form 24 people and wipe every AFK zerging low tier PVE league without much effort.  
Again in regards to the stronger players monopolizing it, the weaker players could still farm the smaller mobs to a much greater yield vs. the current league fatty farming with the prices announced.

if those top geared players made their own alliance they would outdps those leagues 100% of the times. The fact that they don't do it and play with those weaker ones is already a show of comradery. otherwise you would get 0 fatties unless you were in one of those top alliances (which your comment shows you wouldnt be).

and please, aion always has been a grind game and a "the stronger one gets the loot" game. remember all those world bosses? the stronger alliances would get the loot. always.

the stronger getting more loot is a basic princinpal of aion and any open world mmorpg (except gw2) really. if you dont like that princinpal dont play open world mmorpgs. 

I don't think group loot idea is best because I don't have a problem hogging all the fatty loot for myself but league loot can also be very boring. There needs to be a better middle ground so that people aren't all league looting all day. More pvp incentives, or balance the rewards elsewhere in the eye.

5 minutes ago, Aml-KT said:

the same goes for groups, my final opinion is that this also does not solve the problem, this would be an event for level 75 only.

Thank you for your reply & input :)  It does separate the weaker players in regards to the fat mobs but the weaker players could still more productively use their time grinding the regular mobs (as well as farming the gold keys :O)

incredible how u guys cant even be a little realistic.  Then we get what we deserve.  Events are "easy access" to the community  regardless gear or level.

The only fact you want the 90-95% of the server  kill normal mobs  with a chance to drop 1 coin while  spam get 3 coins every 2/3 min is probably the reason why we have to deal with this  shitty loot league.

If u guys cant see the  wrong in the group loot, You just cant look  above your own nose... just as much as NC soft  crew.

Just now, Magikarp-DN said:

I don't think group loot idea is best because I don't have a problem hogging all the fatty loot for myself but league loot can also be very boring. There needs to be a better middle ground so that people aren't all league looting all day. More pvp incentives, or balance the rewards elsewhere in the eye.

I agree with this - I feel like rewarding a coin per PVP kill that you participated in (Any kill where you gained AP as a league, alliance or group) would be a great idea, perhaps with some tweaking, or rewards based on group size (5 coins if you're in a group, 3 if you're in an alliance, 1 if you're in a league) maybe

1 minute ago, Caramella-DN said:

incredible how u guys cant even be a little realistic.  Then we get what we deserve.  Events are "easy access" to the community  regardless gear or level.

The only fact you want the 90-95% of the server  kill normal mobs  with a chance to drop 1 coin while  spam get 3 coins every 2/3 min is probably the reason why we have to deal with this  shitty loot league.

If u guys cant see the  wrong in the group loot, You just cant look  above your own nose... just as much as NC soft  crew.

The only reason I picked group loot is because that's what the community spoke out for on the poll, with more than 50% of the total votes in favor of.

16 minutes ago, Decalcomania-KT said:

if those top geared players made their own alliance they would outdps those leagues 100% of the times. The fact that they don't do it and play with those weaker ones is already a show of comradery. otherwise you would get 0 fatties unless you were in one of those top alliances (which your comment shows you wouldnt be).

and please, aion always has been a grind game and a "the stronger one gets the loot" game. remember all those world bosses? the stronger alliances would get the loot. always.

the stronger getting more loot is a basic princinpal of aion and any open world mmorpg (except gw2) really. if you dont like that princinpal dont play open world mmorpgs. 

This is true. 
Stronger groups are already advantaged.  The amount of soulstones you get from FM which is not an achievable dream for MOST players due to not being prepared, not having low enough ping, or not having the time to find/make groups for it successfully.  This has always been the case with Aion.  From early days of forts, PVPing when AP from PVP was enough to get by, to the group instances that gave you better rewards than everything else (Besh HM, Esoterrace feeds 2.0, Tia's eye and guards in 3.0, Katalam and Danaria fort instances with changing patterns that most people couldn't master, etc... Up to present.  AOE at release of 6.0, CoE and ToE after, etc.  Always the same) 

Thank you for adding your bit of realism to the thread.

7 minutes ago, Lingerie-DN said:

The only reason I picked group loot is because that's what the community spoke out for on the poll, with more than 50% of the total votes in favor of.

you dont even have the 10% of the aion community writing on this thing. Probably the know better of us.. its a waste of time anyway :D

Just now, Caramella-DN said:

you dont even have the 10% of the aion community writing on this thing. Probably the know better of us.. its a waste of time anyway :D

Well, if you have anything constructive to add, feel free. Otherwise I won't reply to your posts anymore.  Thanks for your input.

4 minutes ago, Lingerie-DN said:

I agree with this - I feel like rewarding a coin per PVP kill that you participated in (Any kill where you gained AP as a league, alliance or group) would be a great idea, perhaps with some tweaking, or rewards based on group size (5 coins if you're in a group, 3 if you're in an alliance, 1 if you're in a league) maybe

PvP quest rewards should be careful with group size since I don't find zerg v zerg enjoyable. The current repeatable pvp quest is a perfect example, although its rewards can use some tweaking. I want to see more quests added that incentivize group-sized pvp and less for alliance/league.

5 minutes ago, Lingerie-DN said:

This is true. 
Stronger groups are already advantaged.  The amount of soulstones you get from FM which is not an achievable dream for MOST players due to not being prepared, not having low enough ping, or not having the time to find/make groups for it successfully.  This has always been the case with Aion.  From early days of forts, PVPing when AP from PVP was enough to get by, to the group instances that gave you better rewards than everything else (Besh HM, Esoterrace feeds 2.0, Tia's eye and guards in 3.0, Katalam and Danaria fort instances with changing patterns that most people couldn't master, etc... Up to present.  AOE at release of 6.0, CoE and ToE after, etc.  Always the same) 

Thank you for adding your bit of realism to the thread.

And Events have always worked on trying to mitigate that gap

Group loot would just  dig that gap so deep.

Then if u really keep thinking that its correct   for the whole  server just see 3/4 supergeared group  looting at 100% rate every bunch of minutes  while the majority gets left over with some stinky breadcrumbles, sorry  the league loot its just our  punishiment.

3 minutes ago, Magikarp-DN said:

PvP quest rewards should be careful with group size since I don't find zerg v zerg enjoyable. The current repeatable pvp quest is a perfect example, although its rewards can use some tweaking. I want to see more quests added that incentivize group-sized pvp and less for alliance/league.

The current quest rewards are very low for the effort and I feel they only seem to update based on your groups participation in the kill anyway, even if you're in a league or alliance.  It's already incentivizing smaller group pvp :)

Just now, Caramella-DN said:

And Events have always worked on trying to mitigate that gap

Group loot would just  dig that gap so deep.

Then if u really keep thinking that its correct   for the whole  server just see 3/4 supergeared group  looting at 100% rate every bunch of minutes  while the majority gets left over with some stinky breadcrumbles, sorry  the league loot its just our  punishiment.

At the same time, the strong groups that would be farming more productively have already earned their place.  Anything you could hope to achieve as an average player is already bread crumbs compared to what the good players can farm. 

You want to talk about bread crumbs for the average player, there are many people farming with 8 or more characters already.  These are also the elitist groups alts.  So you farming full time is 1/8th of what they're getting and again, complete junk comparatively.

You should think more before writing.

6 minutes ago, Lingerie-DN said:

Well, if you have anything constructive to add, feel free. Otherwise I won't reply to your posts anymore.  Thanks for your input.

Yes the right is 1 bundle with not a 100% drop for  whover has higher DPS

Lower those idiotic prices and make  omega manastones and tempering untradable and timed.

Plus add some decent quests to let people running around the eye and make it farmable at 360°  on pve and pve.. 

And a little  cherry on the cake. . due to the amount of people they should really make more chests spawn. 

4 minutes ago, Caramella-DN said:

Yes the right is 1 bundle with not a 100% drop for  whover has higher DPS

Lower those idiotic prices and make  omega manastones and tempering untradable and timed.

Plus add some decent quests to let people running around the eye and make it farmable at 360°  on pve and pve.. 

And a little  cherry on the cake. . due to the amount of people they should really make more chests spawn. 

Thank you.  I'm seeing a lot of interest in the timed rewards so I'll add that to the original post.  I also agree more chests should spawn, however given that there are such limited ways to get minions and that is currently (with the event) what would be separating most of the top tier geared players, I feel they should be kept low, however frustrating it is to find them.

*Edit - Apparently I can't edit the original post, RIP.

I was just looking at the vote and thinking who is voting for it?
because lvl 75 less will not have any chance and who does not have a group of friends or something of the type will not do well in this, the event is for everyone right
I do not know how to solve it, I just know that the way it is best to take

and another thing I think we should leave the map
as I said in another posting letting the map not do the event would be a form of protest that we never do, NA practically accepts everything after 3 days, is going to happen a few days and everyone will have left this question aside, game you already know that

and will bail us out again soon less

5 minutes ago, Aml-KT said:

I was just looking at the vote and thinking who is voting for it?
because lvl 75 less will not have any chance and who does not have a group of friends or something of the type will not do well in this, the event is for everyone right
I do not know how to solve it, I just know that the way it is best to take

and another thing I think we should leave the map
as I said in another posting letting the map not do the event would be a form of protest that we never do, NA practically accepts everything after 3 days, is going to happen a few days and everyone will have left this question aside, game you already know that

and will bail us out again soon less

Perhaps the players who aren't 75 are also voting for it to be group loot, because they'd rather continue playing the game avoiding one strong group as opposed to running away from a league of fully geared event farmers. 
It's not hard to farm mobs for coins but farming the smaller mobs for coins with the new prices would be impossible.  With the old prices, it was still efficient.

I think your suggestion is good, but I would prefer all items to have a limit per day, like you can buy 5 or 10 omegas. So people would farm and go pvp. Everyday untill event is over. Also keep all items untradeable, so we wont see 291371923 of omegas in game, since they could log into alts and keep farming (I know people that would do that).

And ofc keep the prices are they were before so we dont need spam 10hrs a day to get 2 omegas.

2 minutes ago, Win-KT said:

I think your suggestion is good, but I would prefer all items to have a limit per day, like you can buy 5 or 10 omegas. So people would farm and go pvp. Everyday untill event is over. Also keep all items untradeable, so we wont see 291371923 of omegas in game, since they could log into alts and keep farming (I know people that would do that).

And ofc keep the prices are they were before so we dont need spam 10hrs a day to get 2 omegas.

I do like the idea of limiting the purchases per-day however this would limit players who are new that want to catch up and have the time to farm.

Archived