An Open Letter to NC West

Xandrei-DN

We, the people of this community, do cordially and respectfully request to be heard.

We, the people of this community, do welcome the opportunity to engage on a real level to find common ground.

We, the people of this community, expect little from this plea and yet we make it anyway.

Do not kill our community with a stubbornness to engage us from a business sense that you fear will lose you money.

The solution to the current crisis is simple. Listen to us. Hear us. Deliver to us the solution we have handed you.

Something this small will have long term benefits to the business of NC West.

Cost-benefit analysis of ignoring your customer will only lead to wreck and ruin, and ultimately the loss of the community that we have held together for you well beyond the lack of care you have shown to us in return.

The bottom line here, Mr/Mrs CEO of NC West: Back us and we will continue to back you. 

Give us back the NPC in the Eye for the Tia event with the prices as they were originally designed by the developers. Allow the player base to do as was intended by the developers in the first place.

In turn, we will continue to back you and engage in your events, including those led by the BCM. 

Engage us. Talk to us. Ignoring us only exacerbates the problem and increases the bitterness and pissiness many are feeling.

If it works better, select a small number of ambassadors - current players who are in touch with the player base - and on matters such as this in the future they will be the ones to carry our voice to you, and return in kind. Most that I know of would do this with no reward, just to be involved.

When all is said and done, you built the platform, but we created the community. Over the years it has dwindled, surged, waned, and returned to life again through various mechanisms. The return of the eye was one such mechanism, but the numbers of returning players that are jack-knifing and high tailing it back out of the game is creating a vacuum that is sucking more of the current player base out.

Soon, the community we built on your platform will cease to exist.

We, the people of this community, implore you: hear us.

Thank you.

Sorry but I'm going to have opposite opinion to you the all raging comments in forums because you people greed in the first place ? I know since the first day that they removed NPC the price ain't going to be the same.Yet you people still farming 24/7 because you believed community pressure will forced NCsoft to put original price NPC.

If you had accept reality NPC won't back with same price you won't disappointed and raged like this.

Honestly the only reason you like this event is not pvp but easy omega no one really like event where you had to KSing mobs from other players to farm coins,it's stressing and not fun.
The game won't die because just one event and it's not suppose to live by one event either.

2 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Sorry but I'm going to have opposite opinion to you the all raging comments in forums because you people greed in the first place ? I know since the first day that they removed NPC the price ain't going to be the same.Yet you people still farming 24/7 because you believed community pressure will forced NCsoft to put original price NPC.

If you had accept reality NPC won't back with same price you won't disappointed and raged like this.

Honestly the only reason you like this event is not pvp but easy omega no one really like event where you had to KSing mobs from other players to farm coins,it's stressing and not fun.
The game won't die because just one event and it's not suppose to live by one event either.

You might want to check your facts before you spew your drivel. I have done little farming in the eye during this event, other than pvp farming of elyos who are spending their time killing mobs.

I don't farm keys so you can forget me ksing mobs, and have sufficient omegas for my needs so have no plans to turn what few coins in that I do have for omegas. The little farming I have done will be to upgrade pvp gear. 

Rather than assuming and spewing bullshit, get your shit straight before you respond to me with the reasons why I like the event.

First, it needs to be pointed out that you posted an Open Letter on behalf of the whole community, but when the first person to post doesn't agree with you, you -slaughter- them. @Neleth-KT and I rarely agree, but she has every right to her opinion. You obviously don't speak for her. You shouldn't get angry at her for speaking for herself. So shame on you.

Second. I would like to address your letter and demands. Okay. So you farmed a little for things you needed. You don't need much and feel that your efforts are enough to get you what you need for yourself should the NPC come back with the original prices. Let's put aside that @Gideon stated in his post that those prices were set with group loot in mind and that with keeping league loot in the event, the NPC would have to come back with higher prices. Let's go with your suggestion that the NPC come back today with the same low prices from the first day and the event continue for 3 more weeks. (Btw.. this isn't a suggestion that most players posting are embracing. Most players appear to accept that the prices needed to be elevated. They feel, instead, that the prices were elevated too high. But let's ignore that for now, too.)

Okay. So league loot with low prices. That's what we are working with under your demands. You will get exactly what you need and perhaps a bit more. That's good. But try to step outside of yourself a moment. There are players that have managed to farm over 1k coins each day. That's just a fact. That isn't everyone, but it's a healthy number. Some of those players are operating on multiple characters, but we can ignore that for a bit here. Over a week, these healthy number of players have 7k coins. That's 700 omegas. (Ofc, they may not select just omegas, but to keep things simple, let's stick with omegas since everyone needs those and they have always been a cash cow.) 700 omegas in a week. 2800 omegas by the end of the event. If we are talking about 50 players on each side on each server (which is low-balling it), that's 140,000 omegas. Imagine! There would be more omegas around than there are black stones!

Can we agree that that wouldn't be a good thing for the game?

@Aly-DNI was saying this in aion twitter just the very first minutes when the event was took down when everyone was completely raging, tried to explain this point in the forums too, the chaos and huge economy inbalance the event will bring, ervery single item in the list was heavily underpriced ( for example AP 80  set was supposed to be a challenge not a Joke) but people were blinded by greed and refused to understand my point. 

i myself estimated as a low number around 3000 omegas per account at the end of the event but if you take in consideration ppl running multiple clients the final number would be much higher, and this would cause an imbalance even in 6.0 as there are NPC to trade omegas and termperings for the new items.

This doesn't mean i support the current prices, wich definitely are way overpriced, a middle ground would be nice like 40 or 50 % discount from the current prices.

The Eye is empty did a Search yesterday and only 20 toons were in but 10 afk at the base, The good side of this is that i finally can have a chance to use my damn 40 keys :D

I like how your first 3 lines start with "We, the people of this community" and when someone from This Community doesn't agree with them, you get angry and aggresive towards @Neleth-KT.

Anyways, you know what happened, people with a nyerkton of alts logged set them  on follow or something to keep looting fatties, that's why you have people like Woo, who by the early friday, was bragging in League alert how he has already 1800 coins, and you all are pretending that almost nobody went with alts, now we all got screwed by their actions and must pay the price for some greedy nyerks who never stopped the farm since the eye was re opened. 

the problem is that no one agrees with anyone to post something like this, first have to talk to active players in the game with some status among players
In the past ICZEL in KT would be a good person for this (this is an example) nowadays which player has so much respect of players to accept ideas of him? It is logical that it would have to be a player commanding the post he would be respected by all AION NA ...

the guy from the post I never saw him, he is DN I am KT but he is someone known in DN he has the respect of the player he has influence on the server he has respect of AIOn NA in general?

from the moment that someone does not agree with your request and put on your request the NC does not have to listen to you only when they post agreeing giving strength to what you are saying ...

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@Aly-DNI was saying this in aion twitter just the very first minutes when the event was took down when everyone was completely raging, tried to explain this point in the forums too, the chaos and huge economy inbalance the event will bring, ervery single item in the list was heavily underpriced ( for example AP 80  set was supposed to be a challenge not a Joke) but people were blinded by greed and refused to understand my point. 

i myself estimated as a low number around 3000 omegas per account at the end of the event but if you take in consideration ppl running multiple clients the final number would be much higher, and this would cause an imbalance even in 6.0 as there are NPC to trade omegas and termperings for the new items.

This doesn't mean i support the current prices, wich definitely are way overpriced, a middle ground would be nice like 40 or 50 % discount from the current prices.

The Eye is empty did a Search yesterday and only 20 toons were in but 10 afk at the base, The good side of this is that i finally can have a chance to use my damn 40 keys :D

Exactly this.

Here we go, yet another post where players start to attack each other... Let us try to attempt to clear up a lot of misconceptions about the event and where we should try to go from here.  First, can we all just come to the conclusion that no one player or group or faction is at fault? Let me be more specific, the player(s) that decided to grind fatties all day in league with or without alts, are not at fault. The player(s) that decided to solo grind or pvp or not participate in the most anticipated event in Aions history, not at fault. The player(s) who chose to not spend or spend money on ncoin or somewhere in-between, not at fault.  Whether you happen to agree with NC or disagree with NC, still you and those players are not at fault.  

For the love of bb jesus stop attacking each other.  People are going to have a difference of opinion and that's fine.  Focus on some of the great suggestions a lot of the community has presented, such as making omegas and temperings (or everything) untradeable with or without or some items having a 7 day timer, or having a new coin in the eye be introduced so that will completely cancel out any type of fatty farming that happened previously. From what I've read (and correct me if I'm wrong) the majority of the community agrees that the prices on the items related to the Tia Eye Event are ridiculously too high. Where the event stands now, in my opinion, it's not really an event; the purpose of an event is to obtain gear and or items faster / easier than you normally would without the event being active (or a better way to make kinah). Now the event makes no sense because you can grind in our everyday instances such as Adma/Theo/DL/FP and have a quicker/better way/chance of obtaining an omega and kinah, rather than participating in endless hours of grinding in the eye. Let's focus on that aspect and ways we as a community can possibly bring those prices down or help NC realize there are many other solutions to this botched event.  

I to have had some pretty spicy responses over the past few days but not directed at another player, we or most of us are disappointed with the outcome of the event and events that happened thereafter. Try to direct that frustration towards the party that knows about events for months before they happen, and who should be bug testing every event.  Stop attacking each other.  We all have seen the negative impact the decision from NC has made on the community. Which it seems half of the player base refusing to log in and cancel their sub. It may be hard but try and remain constructive and try not to attack each other.  

Now here's a puppy, go enjoy your day. 

24pzck5.gif 

Archived