Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cyan said:

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance.

i should be quit, this is a bad event of this month >.< no one farm this nyerking coin anymore 

Not that it's @Cyan fault, they're simply passing along a message, but the inability of this company to accurately gauge what it's customer base wants and needs is absolutely astounding.  To have the nerve to say 'there's 200 people on both sides farming in the Eye" is laughable.  People have basically given up the farming.  NCWest is only worried about making money, and this event would have kept them from doing that for a short time.  For Hime or Gideon to claim that this event would have been harmful to the in-game economy is also laughable.  The impact on the economy would have been minimal at best.  People will always buy omegas and tempering solutions off the broker.  All this would have done would have made these items more accessible for those players who don't have billions of kinah.  The player base isn't clueless, they are fully aware of why this ridiculous change was made.  At least acknowledge your REAL reasons for the giant price increase.  And as for re-assessing the event after it's done, to implement better changes in the future?  I'm not entirely sure you need to worry about that.  By the time you'd be ready to put the event out again?  There likely won't be enough players around for it to matter.

26 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance. 

Thank you.

is this you Aeros?

Plain and simple the event was the last straw for many.  The utter disregard and communication with the players is what is frustrating many, sure the event went from one extreme to the other which is bordering on greed and somewhere in the middle sure the answer could of been found if the community was involved and maybe their posts paid attention to.  While I was on the side of prices needed to go up when saw was league loot the fact in went up as dramatically as it did was shocking even to me.  25 times was plain and simple pushing it to far to the extreme.  The community feels ignored and while I understand Cyan and Hime are our voices to Korea the community is lashing out as these feelings have been building up for a long time.  So please don't just think the event is doing this, the event in my opinion was the straw that broke the camels back.  I would shudder to say 50% of your player base has stopped playing in a matter of 1 day.  Looking at Kt asmo numbers server wide for anything the 50% jumps out to me as accurate

@Cyan  ur company is nyerking retarded dude, just like u said urself "the event is temporary" which means so are the rewards and so is your dip in money. but your gain in money via returning players for the event and continuing players after the event would earn you much more money for giving things out that are literally... nothing but coding LOL. yall are taking it way too damn serious. chill yourselves out and let your game have their 2 weeks of being treated well seeing as you havnt treated it well since it went free to play. have fun fixing this one though, ill have fun watching you guys run your sloppy mouths and try to fix it :P

Edit: oh and lets not talk about the fact that youre still saying you hope to bring this event back... and that youre sorry... but BITCHHHH, NO ONES DOING THE DAMN EVENT NOW!!! LMAO. THERE ISNT ONE.

47 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you.

@Cyan 

Serious question, do you guys even play your game? I feel like none of you even understand how your game works, or how the items listed in the event's rewards list affect economy and game play. Some of the items on the rewards list are untradeable and can be achieved via better means (ie. instances such as Frozen Monolith, Evergale Canyon). Other items can be gained with much more ease compared to the amount it takes to farm "X" amount of coins to purchase "Y" from the rewards list. Yes, the omegas and temperings were very rewarding (basing off of the original price range), but if you guys actually played Aion, you'd have an estimate of just how many omegas and temperings (AKA. A LOT) it takes to gear just ONE character. And even then, Aion is a game that allows the creation of MULTIPLE CHARACTERS. This means that even though one character is "capped" out to one's liking via omegas and tempering solutions, etc., there are STILL ALT CHARACTERS that COULD FINALLY benefit (after all this time) and actually become PLAYABLE from this event. 

Second question: Do you guys actually even understand what "a bit" means? Because "a bit" does NOT in any way, shape, or form translate to around twenty times the original price.

Your team initially stated this event would last for a month. You had more than enough time to fix the MAIN issue, which was allowing items to be looted through league loot. You guys then proceed to record the average coin gain per player, but fail to realize that the only reason the numbers were skewed that high were because of/influenced by 1) the original prices YOU GUYS LISTED, 2) the uncertainty of players to take advantage of the event in hopes that prices would actually be fair even after the adjustment.

Did you guys even stop to think, after listing these prices, would players still continue to participate in this event? Did you guys contemplate if the results of your average-coin-gain-per-player survey would accurately convey the same results after listing these new prices? Because there is barely anyone in Tia Eye now, and due to the new prices listed, barely anyone is participating in this event.

All these choices you guys have made were your mistakes, and, we, THE PLAYERS, end up suffering/being punished severely. I hope you guys really understand how your guys's decisions will reflect extremely poorly on your company. This has been THE BIGGEST blunder you guys have ever committed since I've played.

You say you are listening to player feedback, but I just don't think you guys quite understand the gravity of this situation, especially in that you managed to garner responses from people, like myself, who typically never respond or complain.

New games are coming up soon, you still have the power to readjust your prices to a more acceptable price. I can assure you, many people will not be returning to Aion if this continues to go unchecked.

Gideon, This may sound like a long rant but I just decided I am going to try and summarize what the player base is thinking at least from my perspective  from what I have heard and seen playing the game. I am a long time player since beta and release and I have seen many ups and downs but right now the game is in a state I have never seen before and I implore you that you should consider taking a look at both servers asap.

Eye farming especially fatties is done. There are about 35 on Asmo Danaria in eye half of them are afk at the break out the other half are either solo or small man running around looking for chests farming a mob here or there or looking for an elyos to kill which is just as rare. I have been told KT is even worse. The only time players show up in a sizeable force is for sunyaka spawn. There is no way anyone can meet your prices now and very few players are running pvp instances like IDl OW and KBF. Evergale has less than half the players queuing for it and half the premades are gone.

We get it the prices had to be adjusted but it was your companies' lack of testing and quality control that allowed that to sneak by in the first place and the player base is pissed because you ninja removed the npc. Then instead of fixing the league alliance loot you let it continue for days with a vague promise of higher item prices while the players mindless grind not knowing how beneficial it will be or wasting the time. Most speculated you would raise them anyways but the prices you determined are ridiculous and when your player base expressed this and came up with legitimate counter fixes that were fair for all it seemed like they were ignored and not even considered much less no one talked to the player base or communicated to find a middle ground. The players including myself understand it was an unacceptable bug but the way you handled it and have treated and communicated with your own player base is unprofessional and downright shameful. You lost their trust and respect and all at ncwest should be concerned because when this happens on a large scale its very hard to get that player base back once you lose it and it seems like certain doom for the game which none of us wanted but it maybe what it deserves at this point if there is such a gap between the devs and the player base.

Players are pissed and rightfully so. Their concerns have gone unaddressed for a long time now and that is before this event. The gear gap between p2w players and none gets wider every day. If you read these forums even some p2w acknowledge this and encourage you to let the casual players start to catch up. Every patch has brought more and more pay 2 win to aion going back to tempering and break through 20+ enchanting plumes bracelets minions. It is just nyerking out of control at this point. Players want to bridge the gear gap and have fun again not get face rolled by the p2win super teams in 5 seconds flat. The game feels more and more like a second job and not a fun pastime to relax to. You sell stuff in your store or in your events like lock box keys that give out dated rewards (Silverine tokens or Vinderchinerks combination tool!) that are 3-4 years old and useless. When brought up I have been seeing the same support quote about addressing it and updating it in a future patch..really? 3-4 years old and outdated and still waiting. We know 6.0 is coming and we know it is huge changes because Korea players had enough of similar crap and nckorea is trying to appease them it boggles the mind that you would release the same content that irked so many players there without adjustments hoping for a different result here? The player base lives for events now because most feel its the only way they can try and catch up and lately it has been one fiasco after another. The old highly regarded events too have seen your 'touch' nerfing them like adding shit rewards *58 enchantment stone dust or black stones that are nerfed to hell or lets see  +3 manastone bundles to snowball event and giving grove. Plus if you were lucky to get a +10 snowball you seemed to have a 3/4 chance of getting utter garbage and don't get me started on giving groves atrocious rewards and the few good items like omega tempering was like really hitting the lottery if you received one. Also we have been asking for relevant rewards for over 6 months like level reduction stones and what we see them on 2 of 16 boards in shugo sweep and that means spending a lot of die hoping to get one which is likely to just fail. I also want to mention that there should be more windows for Evergale because there are many that cannot participate because of their time zones. and many still struggle to do frozen monolith but that begs the question why the hell is a mat to upgrade pvp gear comign from a pve instance? You took gp away from IS and Eb and I agree with that but come on there has to be more and better solutions for ways for the players to get their soul stones like more  pvp quests perhaps or put them in pvp instances?

In summary players want to bridge the severe gear gap and they want to enjoy the game not feel like they are working a 2nd job that doesn't pay. So many players have come back to enjoy the eye but now so many of them have already given up with a more negative view of the game and company then they had before. This needs to be addressed because you aren't getting new players and a game without new players is doomed as it will lose more and more of the current ones. Thank you for reading if you see this and I hope the company can make better smarter decisions moving forward by actually communicating and listening to the player base and please test your product before releasing it.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you.

Difficult to gauge the impact?  If you would stop hiding and READ the heartfelt reactions of your customers (players) then you would UNDERSTAND the impact.  This isn't just 10 or 20 players being upset, IT'S THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. I fully understand the importance of data gathering, but at the cost of losing your players? The cost of PROUDLY stating that you simply don't give a flying **** about their feelings? 

Tyd is correct, raising the price (A REASONABLE AMOUNT) and making the items untradeable was more than fair - not 25x the initial price.

I've played this game since it released in 2009, this disgusts me. Your lack of respect and care for your player-base is repulsive and you should be ashamed. Watching this game die, a game with so much potential and such fond memories, breaks my heart.  You took an event that resurfaced other players' fond memories and pissed on them infront of their face, turned to them and said "deal with it." I've never once considered quitting this game - until now, I've played nearly every single day since it's release. I've met some fantastic people through this game.
I can't and won't sit around and spend time and money on a game whose staff clearly does not care. There are too many other great games out there with staff that does. Heck, Riot Games' staff is built upon caring about their player-base, which is probably why their game is known and your's is not - even though they're the same age.

You've heard the feedback, but you don't care. You don't. If you did, you would do something instead of hiding. nyerk, you could have lowered the price even slightly and it would have saved you some face with the community. We'd at least know that you cared somewhat, which would have satiated us.

You're widening the gap and making more casual players (those who cannot play 24/7 and have a job) unable to catch up. Because of that, PvP becomes stale. Players run from those who far outgear them and for the geared players - 95% of other players are under-geared and no match for them. Having an unclosable gap destroys the chance of players having an opportunity to continually fight and improve. You're keeping the PvP status quo being: gear > skill.  I miss the old days during Aion's initial release. GM's actually interacted and listened to their community. Being top of the trash heap was having Fenris/Miragents or 40/50E. Now, if you fight someone in Lv 80 gear that is +23, unless you have it as well, you're wasting you're time. You're just blown up in seconds. Then there's the 10k Sheba hit.
Obviously, a player who plays for 12 hours each day will out-gear the one who plays for 2. That's understandable. The problem is coming from the disconnection of obtain-ability. The event is supposed to HELP more casual players, and instead you are purposefully widening the gap even further.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you.

Well. Gydeon has no idea about Aion works. We saw him trying to understand how to use his gladiator few months ago. And Hime can only understand about skins and candies... So none of them can really explain something about the economy. 

Yet, We already know that you tried to protect YOUR OWN economy by adjusting the prices. And I guess you are severly damaged now with all the suscriptions canceled. I would like to join that people, but to be honest I canceled mine long ago with other poor decisions from NCSoft. I hope that NCWest can pay your salaries with all the omegas and manastones you saved from this event. 

Next week we will have another event? Most of them are nerfed and requires real money. We do not care about that. You can play with the wonderfull Shugo´s Sweat if you want. Really funny.....

We know what are supposed to be the events. But you must know that promotions are designed to be respected. 

3 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Well. Gydeon has no idea about Aion works. We saw him trying to understand how to use his gladiator few months ago. And Hime can only understand about skins and candies... So none of them can really explain something about the economy. 

Yet, We already know that you tried to protect YOUR OWN economy by adjusting the prices. And I guess you are severly damaged now with all the suscriptions canceled. I would like to join that people, but to be honest I canceled mine long ago with other poor decisions from NCSoft. I hope that NCWest can pay your salaries with all the omegas and manastones you saved from this event. 

Next week we will have another event? Most of them are nerfed and requires real money. We do not care about that. You can play with the wonderfull Shugo´s Sweat if you want. Really funny.....

We know what are supposed to be the events. But you must know that promotions are designed to be respected. 

Personal attacking Gideon or Hime won't solve anything we need them to listen communicate and work with the players not ignore us. I agree that many of ncsoft employees are so out of touch with their game and players and this needs to be corrected and only they can do it.

@Cyan

What you guys need to take away from this, is not the fact that you lost a lot of players from a nyerked up an event, (which you did hella bad), but because of the repeated offense to the player base. You screwed up another event, that is nothing new, but the fact that you do so time after time after time, is the last straw for SO many people. There were so many solutions that players gave you that could have fixed this situation fast, but you refused to suffer a loss of money for what as you said was a "temporary event", rather than help stabalize the community that runs the game. Its since logic, Keep the players happy.....Make more money, but instead you lost more than you would have if you would have just listened.

@CyanDo you guys know how time consuming and expensive both ingame and real life currency it takes to gear up? Like I stated in another thread you need 15 omegas to enchant an item and obviously more to go over. You have 5 pieces of armor and 1 weapon or 2 in some classes cases. So that's 90 omegas in all. Now you also need greater supplements or you risking destroying your gear and having to start all over thanks to whoever brilliant idea of making everything blow up since 5.0 on failing an enchantment. You need 200 greater supplements for every 1 omega until +10 then you need 400 for every 1 omega until +15. In all that is 4000 greater supplements for 1 piece of gear, 20k for 5 pieces of gear and 24k altogether for the weapon. God forbid you're a sin, cleric, templar, gunner, chanter that has to enchant 2 weapons and if you're a class that needs more than one set you're basically consider an employee of Aion because now it's a job.  Let's not forget having to purify items and don't get me started on tempering accessories. With the rng in this game you could have 50 omegas and you still can't 1 item to 20. People had far better suggestions in threads than what you proposed and you guys know it. Please don't come in here acting like what you all are doing is better for the players. If you put a cap on items available to being bought that could quickly solve the problem by forcing people to have to buy other things or keep the coins. With that people would farm for a certain length and do other things like eye pvp or Evergale etc. If you think you can do this, tell us to be okay and then there's a sale on the bcm involving omegas and temperings and we won't expect it you're wrong. You said shadow pact weapons would be available in an event for everyone and here we have an event where you can only get 2 of the 4 items. At this point you can keep the npc wherever it is and let it stay there.

4 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Personal attacking Gideon or Hime won't solve anything we need them to listen communicate and work with the players not ignore us. I agree that many of ncsoft employees are so out of touch with their game and players and this needs to be corrected and only they can do it.

We already tried to reach both of them. It is pointless. Now I would like to reach whoever is over them. Maybe their boss wants to listen us. Somebody must be losing a lot of money and paying a lot of salaries for people not doing a good work. 

1 minute ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

We already tried to reach both of them. It is pointless. Now I would like to reach whoever is over them. Maybe their boss wants to listen us. Somebody must be losing a lot of money and paying a lot of salaries for people not doing a good work. 

Agreed. It's a slap in the face to realize the GM's don't play aion, have barely any knowledge of Aion, which is why they are out of touch with the community and game they are suppose to be managing. This is probably the time we demand to speak to their boss. Years have gone by with horrible support and abysmal management. 

3 minutes ago, Avail-DN said:

Agreed. It's a slap in the face to realize the GM's don't play aion, have barely any knowledge of Aion, which is why they are out of touch with the community and game they are suppose to be managing. This is probably the time we demand to speak to their boss. Years have gone by with horrible support and abysmal management. 

Frankly I find it hard to believe at this point that CM or GM Giddy, give a solo hoot about us, or this game! 

They just proved that to be true!

Archived