Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ararma-KT said:

Ay this shit is too good to miss out and not create an forum acc, i can safely safe for anyone like me who spent 0 cash on the game , made everythinf by grinding and half assing something like broker buyin and sellling...Its absolutely usless to play if there's nobody to play with, when i log in theres less than 30 players , and when i sleep its max 50-70 which is a joke of a population. 

fitting end of aion, die with the corruption of the best event ever 

twenty euros

17 minutes ago, Momo-KT said:

twenty euros

Just now, FountainBB-KT said:

twenty euros

Ingame kinah. 

1. Momo hope ya control your anger issues on twich buddy, dont rage more for attention pls

2. Fountian , keep on runnin w hackers, all your gear is useless now that server dead :)

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance. 

Thank you.

Totally understand that when a new event gets released not everything goes well especially since you get it from KR and it needs to be modified for NA, but this has been happening a lot lately and the rage of the community is quite reasonable, imo. For the Tia Eye event you had over a week time to work it out, many of us posted suggestions and you decided to go a totally different way and "get better next time" line since what's done is done. Instead of providing us a game with a nice environment so we don't have to worry and just enjoy the game, you keep making some things "slip" into the game like those enchanting buffs or removing things out of the game without even annoucing it until someone from the community reports it and it goes "wooops". While your communication got much better with us, I'd really love seeing more of it.

I rather wait for good events and enjoy those than have to deal with this kind of mess as a player. When you are 100% sure that they will work and won't cause any sort of damage as @Gideon wrote about, THEN you should release them and not as you did with this event and some in the past. I mean, you withhold an event in the past because you found out that it still is not read to be released, so doing this was not a bad decision in my eyes.

This community loves this game, otherwise they wouldn't be playing it and I'm sure they would rather wait for an event to be working 100% than having to deal with such a thing again. Also you wouldn't be losing players with such happenings, because this really screwed up an amazing event where even returning players were coming back and NCWest just wasted this potentional, imo. I hope NCWest realizes this and learns from their own mistakes. If you don't take care of your consumers, you won't have anyone soon to by your product anymore.

gotta give it to NC on this one

=D if you're smart, you could have reverted the reward and just silently nyerk with the enchantment rate a bit and everyone happy~ you did it before anyway...

if they fail, they'd just blame it on RNG~ they would never know

i mean look, you even reverted the enchantment system back to omega + sup = still a chance of failing and of course break on the older archdaeva gears, so now there's no 100% rate anymore (found this funny since no one ever point this out and NC never mentioned this) oh and remember back then omega = lose 1 lvl if fail after +10? now it's just back to 10 even used omega  =D so ~

plus the enchantment rate doesn't show~ so it's easy to manipulate without anyone knowing

Nyerk NC is Nyerk

7 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance. 

Thank you.

What the devs didn't take into account was the morale of the player base.

When the event was running we had a hundred + people in the eye - ever since the new prices were announced the highest number I'd seen in my search there was 36.  (not counting during Suna) - It was so dead we were just sitting talking to elyos.

This ninja enchantment buff feels like ... I don't even know.. thanks?  I guess...   Omegas are still overpriced and this will raise their price and ofc the event omegas are insanely priced...  I'm sure we can expect omegas, tempering and stigma bundles in the cash shop as a "flash sale" this weekend to try and wring more money out of a very very VERY unhappy playerbase.

It would have been so simple to limit the number of items you could buy with your coins and then have an unlimited sale of like scrolls and potions for people who wanted to spend the last of their coins.  People would still be in the eye farming and we'd all have been somewhat happy.

I have kept saying that I wanted to hold out for 6.0 because maybe there will be some magic that will make the game fun again

But I am so disheartened and it's not the game's fault.  It's the people making the decisions on what happens to the community.

I don't have confidence in them anymore.  I know it's a business.  And I'm THRILLED to support a company that cares about its customers and LISTENS to them ...

I have 99.9% lost faith that NCSoft cares at all about us other than our wallets.  They dont care if we're unhappy as long as we fork over our money.

I love Aion.  I love the people here... and I don't WANT to leave... but... the way things are run by the people making the decisions actually makes me sad and angry - and it's just a game.  I shouldn't feel that way from a game.

My bags are starting to get packed and I'm SAD about it.  Because I really don't want to leave but I also don't think anything is going to change...

They just don't care.

P.S Cyan and Hime this isn't about you.  You do your best with what you're given I wish you had better more considerate people giving you marching orders.

Even we try our best to be heard .. Lab rats will be not heard .. Were only function is to agree to whatever they want .. Stop being frustrated to them they are not worth our sanity .. Just rest cause this beings are not worth dealing with .. I wish they feel 1st what we gonna feel after putting bad prices . i offer hugs on guys who suffer and goodluck quiting 

1 minute ago, Yuweh-KT said:

Even we try our best to be heard .. Lab rats will be not heard .. Were only function is to agree to whatever they want .. Stop being frustrated to them they are not worth our sanity .. Just rest cause this beings are not worth dealing with .. I wish they feel 1st what we gonna feel after putting bad prices . i offer hugs on guys who suffer and goodluck quiting 

I'm legit sad lol.  I feel stupid for being sad but I am

3 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

I'm legit sad lol.  I feel stupid for being sad but I am

There's nothing wrong with being sad over a game you fell in love with, where you spent so much time and enjoyed every single bit of it.

1 minute ago, Yuweh-KT said:

@Cyan arent events should really help people geared?? Or u have ur own motives selfish one ? Maybe ? Who really is selfish ?

Cyan is only our "bridge" to communicate with his superiors and dev team which make these decisions. NCWest in itself decided to do this, not Cyan, not Hime, not Gideon.

hi all, moving away from the frustrations that i initially had with this event and posted a while ago which were simply I now realize that I can't do pvp with current level and gear plus finding chests seems impossible for me i'd just like to say that this forum is not maybe representative of all aspiring players, not that i mean to invalidate the veteran opinions that obviously surface here even if they often seem so bored n fazed...not sure that anger, venting and insult when it surfaces will achieve much...hasn't worked for me! On NCSoft's part I'd offer a suggestion of  some (more) moderation, responsiveness and reply in the forum if u expect new player participation and engagement here but please also take note also of what leads to that request as outlined from my somewhat new perspective shared in this thread. Other than that I wish u all well and hope u enjoy the game or do something else that meets those requirements :)

7 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Gideon, This may sound like a long rant but I just decided I am going to try and summarize what the player base is thinking at least from my perspective  from what I have heard and seen playing the game. I am a long time player since beta and release and I have seen many ups and downs but right now the game is in a state I have never seen before and I implore you that you should consider taking a look at both servers asap.

Eye farming especially fatties is done. There are about 35 on Asmo Danaria in eye half of them are afk at the break out the other half are either solo or small man running around looking for chests farming a mob here or there or looking for an elyos to kill which is just as rare. I have been told KT is even worse. The only time players show up in a sizeable force is for sunyaka spawn. There is no way anyone can meet your prices now and very few players are running pvp instances like IDl OW and KBF. Evergale has less than half the players queuing for it and half the premades are gone.

We get it the prices had to be adjusted but it was your companies' lack of testing and quality control that allowed that to sneak by in the first place and the player base is pissed because you ninja removed the npc. Then instead of fixing the league alliance loot you let it continue for days with a vague promise of higher item prices while the players mindless grind not knowing how beneficial it will be or wasting the time. Most speculated you would raise them anyways but the prices you determined are ridiculous and when your player base expressed this and came up with legitimate counter fixes that were fair for all it seemed like they were ignored and not even considered much less no one talked to the player base or communicated to find a middle ground. The players including myself understand it was an unacceptable bug but the way you handled it and have treated and communicated with your own player base is unprofessional and downright shameful. You lost their trust and respect and all at ncwest should be concerned because when this happens on a large scale its very hard to get that player base back once you lose it and it seems like certain doom for the game which none of us wanted but it maybe what it deserves at this point if there is such a gap between the devs and the player base.

Players are pissed and rightfully so. Their concerns have gone unaddressed for a long time now and that is before this event. The gear gap between p2w players and none gets wider every day. If you read these forums even some p2w acknowledge this and encourage you to let the casual players start to catch up. Every patch has brought more and more pay 2 win to aion going back to tempering and break through 20+ enchanting plumes bracelets minions. It is just nyerking out of control at this point. Players want to bridge the gear gap and have fun again not get face rolled by the p2win super teams in 5 seconds flat. The game feels more and more like a second job and not a fun pastime to relax to. You sell stuff in your store or in your events like lock box keys that give out dated rewards (Silverine tokens or Vinderchinerks combination tool!) that are 3-4 years old and useless. When brought up I have been seeing the same support quote about addressing it and updating it in a future patch..really? 3-4 years old and outdated and still waiting. We know 6.0 is coming and we know it is huge changes because Korea players had enough of similar crap and nckorea is trying to appease them it boggles the mind that you would release the same content that irked so many players there without adjustments hoping for a different result here? The player base lives for events now because most feel its the only way they can try and catch up and lately it has been one fiasco after another. The old highly regarded events too have seen your 'touch' nerfing them like adding shit rewards *58 enchantment stone dust or black stones that are nerfed to hell or lets see  +3 manastone bundles to snowball event and giving grove. Plus if you were lucky to get a +10 snowball you seemed to have a 3/4 chance of getting utter garbage and don't get me started on giving groves atrocious rewards and the few good items like omega tempering was like really hitting the lottery if you received one. Also we have been asking for relevant rewards for over 6 months like level reduction stones and what we see them on 2 of 16 boards in shugo sweep and that means spending a lot of die hoping to get one which is likely to just fail. I also want to mention that there should be more windows for Evergale because there are many that cannot participate because of their time zones. and many still struggle to do frozen monolith but that begs the question why the hell is a mat to upgrade pvp gear comign from a pve instance? You took gp away from IS and Eb and I agree with that but come on there has to be more and better solutions for ways for the players to get their soul stones like more  pvp quests perhaps or put them in pvp instances?

In summary players want to bridge the severe gear gap and they want to enjoy the game not feel like they are working a 2nd job that doesn't pay. So many players have come back to enjoy the eye but now so many of them have already given up with a more negative view of the game and company then they had before. This needs to be addressed because you aren't getting new players and a game without new players is doomed as it will lose more and more of the current ones. Thank you for reading if you see this and I hope the company can make better smarter decisions moving forward by actually communicating and listening to the player base and please test your product before releasing it.

Im 100% with you Euph

1 hour ago, Helcore-KT said:

They do not. Dot. And they do not even planning to xD9_9

Surely staff has their hands tied to some point. It's a business after all and they get their instructions even if they might disagree and then risk to get the rage from the community afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Surely staff has their hands tied to some point. It's a business after all and they get their instructions even if they might disagree and then risk to get the rage from the community afterwards. 

Explain me how their hands r tied? (not sarcasm)

Who deleted NPC before maintance? KR HQ?

Who calculated new prices?

Who is not asnwering to ppl's rage and so far called CM's?

They do not have even a lil tiny bit of courage to answer. Normal answer.

Its not anger. Im selling franchise on my work. And main - happiness of customer and profit of company. U need to find balance. Love to game not equal to respect to staff. I do love game. I do not like how it is running. :/

Well. I understand everyones frustration. Im fustrated and as far as i see everyone eles as well. With 6.0 coming out. From what i know all our items will be deleted anyways. I am a casual player with a job, family and been playing aion for many years. There many players in the game with no life ,family or any responsibilities and spend coutless hrs in the game to be ahead. Not complaining or anything. But it would had been nice to be able to catch up with these players to finly go out to have some fun for a change before 6.0 came out. Now when i log into the game the only players i see left are the geard to the teath people. I am, and i think i can speak for many others. That most are locked down from intering the eye becuse the other faction has taking it over. Cant even farm there if i wanted due to the lack of players  to add numers there. Well thats my thoughts. Back to work now ?

1 hour ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

have 99.9% lost faith that NCSoft cares at all about us other than our wallets.  They dont care if we're unhappy as long as we fork over our money.

I love Aion.  I love the people here... and I don't WANT to leave... but... the way things are run by the people making the decisions actually makes me sad and angry - and it's just a game.  I shouldn't feel that way from a game.

My bags are starting to get packed and I'm SAD about it.  Because I really don't want to leave but I also don't think anything is going to change...

They just don't care.

Exactly how I feel. It isn't necessarily the event chaos itself that is making me quit, just it was the last straw in a long string of bad choices NC made. I love Aion for what it is, but I no longer have fun anymore and everything is pointless. This "buff" won't make it any better, NC's crappy way of trying to placate us and that's even worse because you know them whales gonna eat that nyerk up. Well they can compare chickens in a dead game, have the best most shiny gear and show off to no one. I'll be over on another game that's been around way longer than Aion and actually give a damn about their playerbase.

I feel like not even 6.0 can save this game anymore. They take 1 step forward and 10 steps back.

So lets calm the community by adding the buffs?  Lets use a p2w event to calm the fact people lost the ability to gear up in the eye?  All this does is even further the gap of those that can pay for things as opposed to those that grind for things.  Makes no sense.  It is easier to buy omegas and tempering then grind them.  So I hope this was an error and not a band aid fix

This is like using a tampon to fix a hole in a sinking boat sure it will be absorbant for a bit but it comes no where near fixing the main issue.

Unless this event comes with 50 event omegas and 50 event temperings and 50 class specific stigma bundles you are doing nothing but trying to be David copperfield by saying look at this hand over here.

Honestly this is a panic move big time which means the community protest is being heard.  So I suggest don't give in and keep telling them properly the ways that we are not being heard.  After a mere 24hours of people canceling prestige this happens so keep up the protest I say.

3 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

So lets calm the community by adding the buffs?  Lets use a p2w event to calm the fact people lost the ability to gear up in the eye?  All this does is even further the gap of those that can pay for things as opposed to those that grind for things.  Makes no sense.  It is easier to buy omegas and tempering then grind them.  So I hope this was an error and not a band aid fix

This is like using a tampon to fix a hole in a sinking boat sure it will be absorbant for a bit but it comes no where near fixing the main issue.

Unless this event comes with 50 event omegas and 50 event temperings and 50 class specific stigma bundles you are doing nothing but trying to be David copperfield by saying look at this hand over here.

Honestly this is a panic move big time which means the community protest is being heard.  So I suggest don't give in and keep telling them properly the ways that we are not being heard.  After a mere 24hours of people canceling prestige this happens so keep up the protest I say.

At this point I just question their decision making.  Instead of listening to us they give this buff... which shows they really don't understand the problem.  I almost shudder tothink what their next "solution" is going to be

11 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

At this point I just question their decision making.  Instead of listening to us they give this buff... which shows they really don't understand the problem.  I almost shudder tothink what their next "solution" is going to be

Yeh I am trying to understand I just don't.  I mean instead of putting bandaids why not do something like a Player commitee and communicate with them get 3 or 4 from each of the 4 factions and actually work with people who play the game and try to understand because honestly I would say 99% of NC employess don't play Aion or they have not in a long time and just don't know the game like the community does.

But hey what do I know I am just gonna continue supporting the community and watching because nothing else we can do

Archived