Jump to content
Cyan

Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Recommended Posts

Aly-DN   

I think something important is being buried in this thread.

This event was screwed up from start to finish. No doubt. Why? NCWest set the prices on that first day assuming group loot for the fatties and did not realize that the loot was actually league. That's where the problem started. So how did that happen? Lack of testing. Lack of communication with Korea as to just -how- the event worked. Lack of attention on the part of whoever has the job of putting in events for Aion. All three? Everything that happened after resulted from -someone- not doing their job initially. Something got missed and the players are paying the price.

If this had been the first time something like this happened, I honestly think the player base could shrug it off. But the fact that we have shrugged things like this off over and over and more and more frequently, as @Tyd-KT pointed out, seems to be the last straw for much of the player base.

-This- is what needs to be addressed.

I believe the core issue here is that there is not a single person that works only for Aion. Every other NCWest game has that one person who watches over it. Babies it. Makes sure it gets what it needs. Every game but Aion. Almost as an afterthought, someone glances at what is coming down the pike for Aion and rubber stamps it. Think about the merge. We were promised a custom experience and ended up with the vanilla merge from Korea. We started having events where the rewards were obviously unchanged from the vanilla from Korea. When we complained we were told that would not happen again. I remember one event where we were told 100%, the rewards were changed and made current! What we actually got were the vanilla rewards and BoS wings. (Adding one set of wings is not updating the rewards.) Few people were downing BoS normal mode when NCWest put -all- the Harvester's gear in the pumpkin event. The top tier (at the time) PvE gear raining from the skys before the top tier groups could earn it. Did the person who added that gear know how good it really was? Know that few groups could earn it? I really don't think so. The purple glowy extendables were added to Luna before there was any way to get them in game.. making them totally pay2win. It's as if the person that added them didn't realize how OP they were. This happened -again- with the Caeus's gear. At least those were pulled out, but did the staff not learn their less the first time? Things are changed in game and the player base is not being notified. We point out bugs and they aren't fixed for ages. The Prestige Pack has been giving the same rewards for over a year.. some of them are no longer relevant. Support is using cut&paste answers from years ago that are no longer relevant. I could go on and on.

People have mentioned the last stream where the staff didn't seem to know how to use the UI. This actually proves the point. That doesn't happen on the other streams. There is always one person that sits down and is totally comfortable in the game environment. Why? Because that's their game. That's their baby. They know all about it and make sure it gets the attention it needs.

That's what we need. Please. @Cyan. @Hime. @Gideon. Will you please take this to your superiors. Show them the reports about players canceling their subs. Explain to them that mistakes have been made because Aion does not have it's own, dedicated staff member. You are all good people, but your attention is divided. Aion needs not just -some- love. But all the love and attention of -one- person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey well said comments u vets but i have 2 q's one to Jayda - which game would u go to? just curious, i myself cam here from AOL and thinking of revisit even though MY guild now dissolved and to anyone else- where is info for this 6.0 instance best sourced, would appreciate a pointer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan I understand this is the first run of the event. How ever it is not fair to punish a player base, on a mistake NCsoft made.  Please understand, Some people spent countless hours in the eye. Day and Night grinding , thinking they be able to earn enough coins to catch up or even pure their gear. Others whom work or ect, came on and grinded when they could, we may not have as many coins as the ones your claiming were the reason you made the prices so high. There were other ways to fix this. Limit the amount of items per day you can get and raise the prices slightly, not as high as you guys have done. The survey was very nice to get in game, the 100 coins we all thought were gonna be "helpful" than again we should have knew better.  Do you guys even know how many stones it takes to Get the level 80 gear?. LEt me say it gonna take alor more than those 10 bags form the survey and what ever stones we can get now form the npcs.  I see so many players, Canceling their subscriptions and I agree with you, The cussing and rude way some are handling it wont get them any where, But you have people like @Tyd-KT and @Aly-DN whom maturely spoken properly and, make a very well rounded point. The harvester gear was handed out like candy during Halloween. Some people were working hard doing BOS runs to earn the gear. Now you have people whom ever stepped foot in there or can not complete it rocking a full set.  ALso the Prestige Pack as Aly stated does need to be updated. IT does no longer have iteams we need. When we pay to have special things other ones whom don't. Maybe you can toss in a no soulsickness buff in there make it more worth it? and update the iteams.  But back to the topic at hand. Seeing the amount of players upset. @Hime @Cyan @Gideon please please listen to them, listen to the people whom play this game daily, and been here, I been with Aion form the start, I shrugged a lot off, This is very hard to do so, Beeing this was something I seen that can help returning users and new players, be ready for 6.0 and catch up in the game. I ask of you guys, if your not going to fix the prices, than do something to make the player database happy, You seen the polls, you see the back lash and all the threads. you see the anger and rage, you also see the other ones pleading in a kind manner, ITs not ok to shrug off your costumers or players. Please think about it and do something. Right now your actions will speak louder than words, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Maleficent-DN said:

@Cyan I understand this is the first run of the event. How ever it is not fair to punish a player base, on a mistake NCsoft made.  Please understand, Some people spent countless hours in the eye. Day and Night grinding , thinking they be able to earn enough coins to catch up or even pure their gear. Others whom work or ect, came on and grinded when they could, we may not have as many coins as the ones your claiming were the reason you made the prices so high. There were other ways to fix this. Limit the amount of items per day you can get and raise the prices slightly, not as high as you guys have done. The survey was very nice to get in game, the 100 coins we all thought were gonna be "helpful" than again we should have knew better.  Do you guys even know how many stones it takes to Get the level 80 gear?. LEt me say it gonna take alor more than those 10 bags form the survey and what ever stones we can get now form the npcs.  I see so many players, Canceling their subscriptions and I agree with you, The cussing and rude way some are handling it wont get them any where, But you have people like @Tyd-KT and @Aly-DN whom maturely spoken properly and, make a very well rounded point. The harvester gear was handed out like candy during Halloween. Some people were working hard doing BOS runs to earn the gear. Now you have people whom ever stepped foot in there or can not complete it rocking a full set.  ALso the Prestige Pack as Aly stated does need to be updated. IT does no longer have iteams we need. When we pay to have special things other ones whom don't. Maybe you can toss in a no soulsickness buff in there make it more worth it? and update the iteams.  But back to the topic at hand. Seeing the amount of players upset. @Hime @Cyan @Gideon please please listen to them, listen to the people whom play this game daily, and been here, I been with Aion form the start, I shrugged a lot off, This is very hard to do so, Beeing this was something I seen that can help returning users and new players, be ready for 6.0 and catch up in the game. I ask of you guys, if your not going to fix the prices, than do something to make the player database happy, You seen the polls, you see the back lash and all the threads. you see the anger and rage, you also see the other ones pleading in a kind manner, ITs not ok to shrug off your costumers or players. Please think about it and do something. Right now your actions will speak louder than words, 

IT was not a mistake, again the event was suppose to be that way! I Those were the prices that were released in all other region, Korea sent it as it was!  They didn't check anything as usual! Released it with the bare minimum of oversight, then when they realized we were working together to benefit as many as possible, they said wait a minute, we are pleasing everyone, That can't be! So Yoink npc, server shutdown, and then the panic set in, the people running this game, don't play it, have never enchanted anything legitimately, , or played the game in a way that would be considered, even a complete noob! 

@Cyan  the farming has died, on the asmo side both servers, completely dead, and the only absolutely crazy thing was the fact that the prices for all the items is nuts! The fact it was raised on soul stones, is laughable at best, and the worst decision y'all have ever made!

 

THE BUFF EVENT WAS A DUMB IDEA no one has nothing and the broker is empty lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kerridwen-DN said:

IT was not a mistake, again the event was suppose to be that way! I Those were the prices that were released in all other region, Korea sent it as it was!  They didn't check anything as usual! Released it with the bare minimum of oversight, then when they realized we were working together to benefit as many as possible, they said wait a minute, we are pleasing everyone, That can't be! So Yoink npc, server shutdown, and then the panic set in, the people running this game, don't play it, have never enchanted anything legitimately, , or played the game in a way that would be considered, even a complete noob! 

@Cyan  the farming has died, on the asmo side both servers, completely dead, and the only absolutely crazy thing was the fact that the prices for all the items is nuts! The fact it was raised on soul stones, is laughable at best, and the worst decision y'all have ever made!

 

THE BUFF EVENT WAS A DUMB IDEA no one has nothing and the broker is empty lol 

I agree, I know it was suppose to work that way asit was set like that in korea. they have always changed things here, I'm sure this was something they wanted to change because it handed the players a lot of iteams and gave us all a nice chance. I dount they said oh were pleasing people stop it. I doubt they noticed, Someone probably sent a ticket in and alerted them. Upon that they yanked the Npcs and things changed.  I don't think they realize a lot of things , I mean hime thinks 11,000 ap is a lot so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they recalculated the amount of coins being farmed and adjusted the coin prices,  Are they going to RECALCULATE again and READJUST the coin prices since the place turned into a dead zone since last week....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cyan said:

To clear up any confusion there may be, the costs are the same as what Hime posted previously. The rewards post will be updated shortly to reflect this.

Thanks for killing the game, you guys just lost a lot of players but it's not like you cared in the first place :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a Prestige Pack to cancel but if I did I would, RESPECT to all those players that DID cancel though. NCS have pretty much ignored players opinions and suggestions and it would seem the only way that might get the message across to them is to hit them where it hurts, in the wallet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolal-DN   
11 horas atrás, Cyan disse:

Olá a todos, 

Uma das principais avaliações neste evento. Com uma primeira implementação, preciso trabalhar para ajustar, já que é muito prejudicial, como Gideon postou anteriormente. Entendemos que os novos custos são maiores que os altos, mas há mais de 200 jogadores por facção reunindo os itens, os custos tiveram que ser aumentados. No final, este é um evento que realiza e na primeira vez que para publicado em nossa região. Há uma chance de se realizar um jogo de apostas que pode fazer com que os itens da maneira que o desenho seja feito. É claro que todos os sonhos podem ser salvos, quando o evento terminar, poderemos analisar e fazer o seu próprio sistema de revisões para o seu retorno possível no futuro. 

Durante a última semana, muitas foram as postagens e respostas, mas todos os trabalhos foram publicados sem tópico e construtivas. Este é o mesmo deve ser capaz de disruptivo, e quando tyne para mudar o insider, disruptivo e outras analíticas, é o uso do problema no software, e o problema e os respondedores. Todo mundo é livre para compartilhar seus pensamentos nos fóruns, mesmo que não sejam capazes de elogiar o NCSOFT ou outros jogadores. Por favor, seja gentil ao usar os fóruns.

Dito isto, os eventos são planejados para o evento de conteúdo e, obviamente, os eventos renderizando itens diferentes dos outros. Na próxima semana, os novos eventos devem ser iniciados e atualizados para uma preparação prévia da programação. 

Obrigado.

 

just to clarify my frustration, since they ended up with one more event that could have sauried the aion.dve be a lot of mule that manages the game, poor thing of the mules I think they are smarter .. since there are no more people inside eye harness closes it and thrusts inside the cu ...... prontu galera was this practically summed up what they wanted to say this now they will read and it will roll ateh ban more like they finished with the players even to little nyerking me nc by sculpt me now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolal-DN   
5 minutes ago, lolal-DN said:

 

Só para esclarecer minha frustração, já que acabaram com mais um evento que poderia ter ajudado o Aion a ser um monte de mula que administra o jogo, coitadinho das mulas Eu acho que eles são mais espertos ... já que não há mais pessoas dentro olho arreios fecha e empurra dentro do cu ...... prontu galera foi isso praticamente resumiu o que eles queriam dizer isso agora eles vão ler e vai rolar ateh proibição mais como eles terminaram com os jogadores até mesmo para pouco nyerking me nc por me esculpir agora

I feel lighter now ///me sinto mais leve agora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gabe-DN   

I honestly don't know what you guys are freaking out about.  It was pretty obvious at the beginning that the prices were totally wrong.  The game is not suppose to be about instant gratification yet with the wrong prices from this event, that is all you guys saw and now that they took it away you are quitting?  Maybe its just me but I don't think it was right to offer an event that any noob can log in and chase fatties for a week and be totally geared out, that is just wrong no matter how you look at it.  You should have known it was going to get flagged and prices were going to be too high from day one so most people with common sense just quit farming because they knew NCsoft was going to screw over that event.  The event seemed too good to be true and it actually turned out to be that way IRL.  Get over it already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JUST STOP FEEDING THEM MONEY FOR NCOINS, WE R THE CROWD, THEY ARE ROME.  IF THEY ANGER THE CROWD ENOUGH THE CROWD WILL FIGHT BACK WITH ALL WE HAVE, NO MORE SPENDING PLAY FREE TO PLAY FOR A BIT, TRUE FREE TO PLAY = NO INCOME FOR NCSOFT FROM NA, JUST WORK TOGETHER MAKE THEM THINK ABOUT THIS DECISION, TO JACK PRICES UP ON STUF PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS IF EVEN EXISTING IN 6.0!! NO MORE FEEDING THE GREED. NOT FROM MY WALLET ANYMORE.

 

tyvm for your attention for 2 seconds 

5 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

I honestly don't know what you guys are freaking out about.  It was pretty obvious at the beginning that the prices were totally wrong.  The game is not suppose to be about instant gratification yet with the wrong prices from this event, that is all you guys saw and now that they took it away you are quitting?  Maybe its just me but I don't think it was right to offer an event that any noob can log in and chase fatties for a week and be totally geared out, that is just wrong no matter how you look at it.  You should have known it was going to get flagged and prices were going to be too high from day one so most people with common sense just quit farming because they knew NCsoft was going to screw over that event.  The event seemed too good to be true and it actually turned out to be that way IRL.  Get over it already. 

They r 2x higher than they need to be tho, yes was to low but now too high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

This event was screwed up from start to finish. No doubt. Why? NCWest set the prices on that first day assuming group loot for the fatties and did not realize that the loot was actually league. That's where the problem started. So how did that happen? Lack of testing. Lack of communication with Korea as to just -how- the event worked. Lack of attention on the part of whoever has the job of putting in events for Aion. All three? Everything that happened after resulted from -someone- not doing their job initially. Something got missed and the players are paying the price.

That's what we need. Please. @Cyan. @Hime. @Gideon. Will you please take this to your superiors.

7 hours ago, Avail-DN said:

I feel at this point after years of this going on from ncwest a lot of these GM's need to be fired. The only thing ncwest has proven is they don't play aion, they don't care about the players and they know how to copy and paste replies in support tickets. I'd love to see GM @Gideon [...]

I don't want to talk in particular about this event (and honestly I didn't expect such a huge amount of raging posts/threads about it), but probably that's because this sum up with many other previous episodes, and now people just exploded. It had to happen (again) sooner or later.

Aly is right when she talks about the source of this problem. It was impossibile to solve it for the best, for everyone. This simply hadn't to happen. But let's stop to say "someone".

Gideon is the Associate Producer of this game. Too many times a major patch/event has been imported in NA without the relative fix. If Korea releases a patch and discovers that there's a major bug that gets fixed after 2 weeks, why don't we also import the fix together with the patch? This is just being lazy and careless towards your customers. He's not responsible for not knowing enough the game, but he's responsible for not talking enough with NCSoft.

Nic had to leave the GF, after that the community constantly blamed him for the poor decisions taken by the GameForge. He did right, it was his responsability.

Stop addressing to Gideon like if he were a simple Community Manager, he's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KallSu-KT said:

I don't want to talk in particular about this event (and honestly I didn't expect such a huge amount of raging posts/threads about it), but probably that's because this sum up with many other previous episodes, and now people just exploded. It had to happen (again) sooner or later.

Aly is right when she talks about the source of this problem. It was impossibile to solve it for the best, for everyone. This simply hadn't to happen. But let's stop to say "someone".

Gideon is the Associate Producer of this game. Too many times a major patch/event has been imported in NA without the relative fix. If Korea releases a patch and discovers that there's a major bug that gets fixed after 2 weeks, why don't we also import the fix together with the patch? This is just being lazy and careless towards your customers. He's not responsible for not knowing enough the game, but he's responsible for not talking enough with NCSoft.

Nic had to leave the GF, after that the community constantly blamed him for the poor decisions taken by the GameForge. He did right, it was his responsability.

Stop addressing to Gideon like if he were a simple Community Manager, he's not.

monkey-business-office-video-id185423305

dat poor Gideon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sunix-DN said:

Ok, i'm very unhappy with NCwest and Aion.

6.0 was a good hype but 6.2 killed the vibe entirely. I'm not hiped to the next patch anymore. I also truly dislike the enormous gap between players in the curent patch;

 

see ya in Bless guys. good luck

You are going to be so disappointed with Bless Online....just go with Crowfall or Black Desert.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing aion for 9 years and I've dedicated a good part of my life to it. he has seen many mistakes and damages from the mismanagement of the administrators for the community this game has become a brothel. where they are no longer interested in their players.
It was a mistake to have upgraded to Freemium. and now it is a mistake to be blinded by what happened.

I give by certificate the death of this game. Good job managers have killed 9 years of experience and community.


so in the 6.0 I give for retired my working group in aionloot and our contribution with rainmeter.

PrestigeG-Team.

tumblr_p3q0wfBYMw1s4q6ixo1_1280.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FemmeFatale-KT said:

Just to get off topic for a sec:

I wonder if with this maintenance if they'll update the store to reflect the current unbreakable event?

Oh I am sure the store will be updated...with omegas tempering solutions and stigma bundles all over priced to compensate for the lack of prestige subs they just lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new event is a joke. We can't purify our equipment because of a lack of soul stones and tempering solutions, and stigmas.  There was no prior acknowledgement so people could save up to plus their accessories. Now we have this event and people can't even participate in it..Honestly, I've had bowel movements smarter than the people running this company. I won't even offer a suggestion to fix it because NC/West is too stupid to comprehend thoughtful solutions.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Oh I am sure the store will be updated...with omegas tempering solutions and stigma bundles all over priced to compensate for the lack of prestige subs they just lot.

 

1 minute ago, FemmeFatale-KT said:

Exactly

sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like I did not warn you guys this game was at its end already... They faked the patches botched everything. People complaining left and right about prices n crap all the AFK. I warned you all about this the hikes in rices nothing is going to change I have been playing since 2009 and nothng has changed. But all this now just killed the crap out of everything... We still cant get crap right. WHY.... GM's don't care when they implemented that AFK crap for evergale they FAKED*it all up striped to the core like I said EG will be for the ELITE of ELITE. and the EYE dont get me going on that since its been Fu*** since the beginning this event was supposed to be for payed players and they let it go lke noobs to people who dont pay AION for crap basically... ITS ALL A BIG FAIL... Time to look for a MMO or MMORPG that is better then this crap.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope one of them come to us, and make a statement soon, depending on, how the store looks and if those buffs are no longer there this will only get worse, But one of them needs to slink out of the just reading topics and come out to say. " Hello Devas" -insert excuse apology and ect- BUT they also need to show some actions to back them words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×