Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Cyan

so they said this buff event was planed allready , for a Thursday ? ok.. next point , they set omegas for 250/ temeper 350 on event because it said "this can affect the economy" a few days later  they put omegas and temper on BCM waiting for ppl waste their money again even after ignore the same ppl on forums , its kind a like a joke allready idk,,,

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2s34A172-DN said:

Can people just stop with all this QQ? It's obvious you all don't agree with it, but for some it's actually pretty reasonable.
Food for thought, if they did keep the prices the same, and everyone got say 100 omegas a day, and all their level 80 AP gear, and have a large stock hold of omegas, and tempering left over, what would people have to work for? You'd easily be able to get your lv 80 gear in a day, a week, and probably as many alts you wanted in the months time. Every other event would later become pointless because nobody would need anything after this event, and omegas would then become so dirt cheap, that no one would really profit from it, no one would buy it off the bcm, because it won't be that needed. Other events that would offer it would more than likely barely be played. People would quit faster than they are now because they' d have nothing to work for. Increasing the prices were fair, if you're so unhappy with the decision they made, instead of blaming them why not look at the people who farmed so much in the eye and got and over flow of gold protectorate coins, that made them think everyone was farming their butts off and a price as low as say 50 or 75 would still cause a potential problem.
It's so sad people can't see that part. Even when they explain their reasoning, no on accepts it because they wanna rage they weren't handed stuff easily, this isn't the only event you'll get omegas or upgraded materials from, we've had a fair share of crappy events, why not just label this as another one, or try to enjoy the eye for what it was, PvP, not mindless zombie farming fatties.

It's beyond childish the way some people are acting.

You are one dense.... 

In 4.9, end game mythic 65 gear was basically handed out for free with bootleg events and such. It's pretty typical for Aion to release game-breaking OP stuff, let the whales and elites enjoy them for 4-6 months, then hand them out to everyone else to enjoy for a few months before the next big patch renders it all useless.

That said, no one will be farming 100 omegas a day if they were, say, 100 coins each. That's still 1 hour of farming per omega. You can farm 16 at the most, assuming you need some sleep in your life. But that's just one proposed solution. There have been many solutions offered from the community that would be far more pleasing and not break the economy or NCwest's wallet.

The real solution would have been to change the fatties to group loot and reroll the servers a day to undo the damage from day 1. We would still have an amazing event that helps many casual players close the gap between them and the elites in +30 commander gear. Instead we now have a useless event. We have every right to be angry. Doesn't mean we think dropping prices back to 10 coins per omega is a good idea. Just means we feel ignored and unappreciated, and we are angry. 

9 hours ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

This ninja enchantment buff feels like ... I don't even know.. thanks?  I guess...   Omegas are still overpriced and this will raise their price and ofc the event omegas are insanely priced...  I'm sure we can expect omegas, tempering and stigma bundles in the cash shop as a "flash sale" this weekend to try and wring more money out of a very very VERY unhappy playerbase.

\

I hate being right.

7QYvDpH.png 

11 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I think at this stage we should be getting the message that they, in fact, don't plan in changing the price list.

They don't have to change the prices. They can just end this event now and put it out of its misery.

And at least acknowledge this as the proper f*** up that it is and apologize for it instead of brushing us off and throwing more crap up on BCM to milk us for a quick buck before all the prestige cancellations put them out of business. 

23 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be an unscheduled maintenance period tomorrow, Friday, March 23, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.

- Changes -

• The item costs for Return to Tiamaranta's Eye rewards will be adjusted.
  • The NPCs Reshi (Asmodian) and Aseus (Elyos), which have Return to Tiamaranta's Eye reward items, will be made available.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

@Cyan @HimeYou have helped with with my decision to leave Aion for good you don't care about the players just how much cash you can get out of us this is unacceptable. The prices are unacceptable the way you NCSOFT handled this is unacceptable. 

"a bit higher".  Did you really say "a bit higher"?    20% increase is a bit higher.  50% increase... that's a bit higher.  100% increase, could MAAAAAYBE be considered a BIT higher.  A TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT increase.... is NOT .... a BIT HIGHER.   

Have you noticed, there were 300-400 players, 8-10 hours a day the first week... till you made the prices "a bit higher" now there are ZERO?  Oh way, wait... there's like 20, and they are all running around ganking the few from the other side trying to get one daily quest done.  

A BIT HIGHER?   I've played this game since beta.... it's be insult after insult after insult the entire time.  You don't care about your base.  You care about those willing to spend real money to play.  Bring back pay to play.  At least the devs gave a crap about the players back then.

-Tat aka the worlds worst chanter

So people complained about how p2w the game is now and that 6.0 is around the corner and you should be somewhat generous to all players and your response is to give us back the most p2w event in Aion's history........ Currently in the hospital on life support while the doctors tell me luckily after my mind was blown, my family managed to pick up all the pieces and put them back together thus saving my life.

To sum up all of Aion life span. The last panel is where we are at now.Mok8MQu.jpg

@Noona-DN As i stated before, its an EVENT. Cyan SAID they were ANALYZING and grabbing STATISTICS because it's their first time running this event. That being said, the Halloween event was a first and i have to say that was amazing. BUT people make mistakes, i really don't see a reason WHY people need to stay angry at this. "Boo-hoo i can't get a couple easy omegas or whatever". Grow tf up and it's not like there's not going to be any other events in the future. Do you get my point now? I understand that the majority of casual players can't catch up as easily now but hey, $ is everything in a business! If casual players can get the same items as the big $ spenders in the game just by afk farming, how would that make them feel? To each his own i guess but you all need to seriously get over it.

Guys they are seriously calling us out.  Look at how they are purposefully sneaking in event buffs, purposefully loading up the black cloud.   This company is laughing at us thinking they can make us fail.   Can you imagine if EA had acted differently in regards to their micro transactions?? What would have happened next?  Well, NCSoft & NCWest are doing just that.  They are taking the offensive route, trying to prove we can be pushed aside,  we can be bought out, and we deserve nothing that we respectably ask for!!!

We need more people to pledge to no longer spend real money on Aion!

We need more people to inform their friends & cancel their subscriptions!

Refrain from supporting NCSoft and its subsidiaries entirely for 40 days!!

We need to make this go beyond Aion!  Spill over into their other forums!  Get the community involved!

37 minutes ago, PokeALot-DN said:

@Noona-DN As i stated before, its an EVENT. Cyan SAID they were ANALYZING and grabbing STATISTICS because it's their first time running this event. That being said, the Halloween event was a first and i have to say that was amazing. BUT people make mistakes, i really don't see a reason WHY people need to stay angry at this. "Boo-hoo i can't get a couple easy omegas or whatever". Grow tf up and it's not like there's not going to be any other events in the future. Do you get my point now? I understand that the majority of casual players can't catch up as easily now but hey, $ is everything in a business! If casual players can get the same items as the big $ spenders in the game just by afk farming, how would that make them feel? To each his own i guess but you all need to seriously get over it.

They adjusted for the statistics from the first few days of release but not for the first few days after announcing the new prices? I stated earlier the reasons why we're upset, stop trying to water them down.

Try again.

This is the time to stop spending money on NCOIN. This is the beginning of NCSOFTS Quarterly earnings for May. This is the reason we have the server buffs and the "Flash Sale". This is the reason Trove is happening over at Blade&Soul. They do this every quarter to milk the community of their hard earned money. Hit them where it hurts and don't spend any money, let them explain themselves to the higher ups when the Quarterly earnings are abysmal. 

This is the perfect time to take a stand!

@Noona-DN try again? Stop trying to justify yourself lol. You know it all comes down to "QQ i could've gotten ezpz items". Don't try and tell me its because of "what nc promised us and they broke it" bullsh* just be happy they didn't take all our coins too. It's their company they can do whatever they want tbh, take it or leave it. Tired of seeing you people QQ for days over and over. Does it make you feel better to come onto the site forums and post "ty nc im cancelling my subscription". How is that going to help? you already know they aren't going to change the prices, so please just get over it. You guys sound like a bunch of 2 year old's who didn't get what they wanted.

3 hours ago, Rod-KT said:

NCNA staff, in my ignorance, allow me to understand one thing:

Last month, during the enchanting event, when it became known the quantity of Omegas/Temperings/stigmas used were grossly miscalculated, with the community achieving all the rewards during the very first days, why didn't you took down these items from BCM with "economy concerns"?

For the record, let's freshen up some minds. A post from Febuary 9:

Cyan1.jpg

And especially, take a look at the dates. This event started Febuary 7, as everyone can check main page:

powerup.jpg

So now, in a space of two days, players did use more than 130k of the items, including those acquired via BCM, and there's no taking down for economy in this case. Why?

Not only that, but check final count of such: 

Cyan2.jpg

Posted Febuary 20. Two weeks later. Celebrating 330k achieved during the period. Pay attention to such quantity.

So now, to my sheer stupidity, please explain, where were all the emergence maintenances and taking downs when it was about people buying from store?

This event did throw in market an incredible amount of items as well. 

Good point, 330k used, ingame broker doesnt contain even half of this amount yet quarter even! And yet prices came up from about 100m to 150m, after event like lets say two weeks after it stabled to 95m to 110m on DN at least. I look at broker prices everyday looking for good deals with a good knowledge about the game economy and a lot of people here are too, 

NC can cross out economy as one of their primary reason for this disrespectful act!

23 minutes ago, Eiliastar-DN said:

Nice try Poke, but some people want to have a life, and have more important things to spend their money on than a game that is run by people who don't care about what they want, or think. Only their pocket book. 

So what your saying is, F the people who spends $ let the casuals get equal gear for free easily? Not my fault you don't commit yourself to this game as much as to people who do, and also not my fault you can't earn enough to have some free spending money. If you wan't to "have a life" then there's no reason for you to comment as your opinion does not matter anymore. And for your information, to others, games are their lives. Don't come here spitting sh*t sounding like people who play games don't have a life. Like i said, if you don't like it then leave. Stop aggravating others just because you don't like it

28 minutes ago, PokeALot-DN said:

@Noona-DN try again? Stop trying to justify yourself lol. You know it all comes down to "QQ i could've gotten ezpz items". Don't try and tell me its because of "what nc promised us and they broke it" bullsh* just be happy they didn't take all our coins too. It's their company they can do whatever they want tbh, take it or leave it. Tired of seeing you people QQ for days over and over. Does it make you feel better to come onto the site forums and post "ty nc im cancelling my subscription". How is that going to help? you already know they aren't going to change the prices, so please just get over it. You guys sound like a bunch of 2 year old's who didn't get what they wanted.

Complicit much...

Oh, ok.. So someone that plays a game, but wants to have a life outside of the games opinion doesn't matter... I have spent money on the game, but am beginning to feel that it is a complete waste. A game should never be p2w..  I'm well aware that there are many people who make their money playing games, however I don't see how that makes it "right" to make it so people who make their money in other manners shouldn't be able to compete with the people who are able to/don't care about spending massive  amounts of money on a video game.. But I guess you will say "F you, you're an idiot who doesn't know anything"

I feel sorry for you.

1 hour ago, Tatuaje-DN said:

"a bit higher".  Did you really say "a bit higher"?    20% increase is a bit higher.  50% increase... that's a bit higher.  100% increase, could MAAAAAYBE be considered a BIT higher.  A TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT increase.... is NOT .... a BIT HIGHER.   

Have you noticed, there were 300-400 players, 8-10 hours a day the first week... till you made the prices "a bit higher" now there are ZERO?  Oh way, wait... there's like 20, and they are all running around ganking the few from the other side trying to get one daily quest done.  

A BIT HIGHER?   I've played this game since beta.... it's be insult after insult after insult the entire time.  You don't care about your base.  You care about those willing to spend real money to play.  Bring back pay to play.  At least the devs gave a crap about the players back then.

-Tat aka the worlds worst chanter

Calm down dude, the amount of players went from 300-400 down to 20 is no big deal.  Just a tiny tiny tiny bit less people in the eye.

Why are you people getting so upset for this event, just enjoy the game, after all, everything will change very soon with 6.0....that might be the time to complain.  Personally, I do not care anymore about Aion at this moment anymore, there are too many things that I do not like so, I play a bit and do something else when I get too bored. :)

I'll explain to you why I care.. I really like this game(or used to more accurately) and there are things I still like about it, however the GMs are just doing more and more things to screw the game up, and I am hoping that if enough people say/do something to make it known that they are not pleased with the way the game is progressing, that MAYBE NC will actually listen and try to fix it..

Of course.. I have to wonder just what their "fix" would be. Probably nothing, since my opinion means nothing. :)

Archived