Unscheduled Server Maintenance - March 23, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance. 

Thank you.

Oh and there is one other thing I wanted to address to Gideon and ncsoft if they are reading that I forgot to mention in my last post and I feel it is important enough to get its own post. A short time ago a player (KimYura) made an important thread on these forums that has been ignored by Ncsoft and that is about the cruci draft pots. Why the F**k is this item in the game, it ruins all competitiveness in Tenacity and other arenas and pvp situations.  It says gives a 10% buff to pvp attack and defense but it has been tested to be closer to 80%. It is basically a guaranteed to the p2w player that is losing to pop one of these stupid pots and victory is assured unless the opponent has one themselves or the user is completely unskilled that no amount of p2w and these pots will help. The fact this crap still exists in the game shows how out of touch the company is. I have had a person pop 2 of these in the same Idgel dome (his team still loss but it made the fight go the entire time instead of ending quickly) and even had someone pop one of these as an elem xform in dredge...seriously! Why does this shit exist and why do you allow it to continue this is when you know things our of of hand if you let competitive ranking in places like tenacity be affected by such nonsense. Remove this crap and do it yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Kerridwen-DN said:

Frankly I find it hard to believe at this point that CM or GM Giddy, give a solo hoot about us, or this game! 

They just proved that to be true!

I feel at this point after years of this going on from ncwest a lot of these GM's need to be fired. The only thing ncwest has proven is they don't play aion, they don't care about the players and they know how to copy and paste replies in support tickets. I'd love to see GM @Gideon do every instance on stream with random people to experience the gear gap, how time consuming it is to obtain the gear and what a nice send log or client crash and going up against +30 gear and hackers feels like! And not on a GM character that can 1 shot everything.

35 minutes ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Oh and there is one other thing I wanted to address to Gideon and ncsoft if they are reading that I forgot to mention in my last post and I feel it is important enough to get its own post. A short time ago a player (KimYura) made an important thread on these forums that has been ignored by Ncsoft and that is about the cruci draft pots. Why the F**k is this item in the game, it ruins all competitiveness in Tenacity and other arenas and pvp situations.  It says gives a 10% buff to pvp attack and defense but it has been tested to be closer to 80%. It is basically a guaranteed to the p2w player that is losing to pop one of these stupid pots and victory is assured unless the opponent has one themselves or the user is completely unskilled that no amount of p2w and these pots will help. The fact this crap still exists in the game shows how out of touch the company is. I have had a person pop 2 of these in the same Idgel dome (his team still loss but it made the fight go the entire time instead of ending quickly) and even had someone pop one of these as an elem xform in dredge...seriously! Why does this shit exist and why do you allow it to continue this is when you know things our of of hand if you let competitive ranking in places like tenacity be affected by such nonsense. Remove this crap and do it yesterday.

It's in the game so people spend $100 on Luna. Kind of how the +12 manastone bundles are on luna dice game. 

The days of aion being simple like 2.whatever bthm cleric loci rez method on sw are gone. 

We all thought games like gw2, tera, rift or whatever else would kill aion. They didn't. Ncwest killed aion. As a frand said, "the creator has become the destroyer". 

2 minutes ago, Ego-KT said:

NCsoft last attempt to milk money 43960fc34a.jpg

"The community is mad at us, take this buff and shut up" - NCSoft 2018

"Let's take away a good free event and make people spend more money!" - NCSoft 2018

Just now, Avail-DN said:

I feel at this point after years of this going on from ncwest a lot of these GM's need to be fired. The only thing ncwest has proven is they don't play aion, they don't care about the players and they know how to copy and paste replies in support tickets. I'd love to see GM @Gideon do every instance on stream with random people to experience the gear gap, how time consuming it is to obtain the gear and what a nice send log or client crash and going up against +30 gear and hackers feels like!

GIVING us that crappy event again does do anything!

2 hours ago, Ego-KT said:

NCsoft last attempt to milk money 43960fc34a.jpg

Thanks Ncsoft how "generous" of you.. Let me just get the temper solutions and omegas I can get from this event tomorrow from the npc and gear up.. Oh wait... I can't. I farmed a mere 700 coins on 3 toons and the most I have on 1 toon is 300 coins which means I can get 1 omega. Oh and I have been farming the first night and before the new prices were announced.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

There has clearly been significant discussion regarding this event. With the first implementation, we needed to work to adjust it as it would have been severely damaging as Gideon posted earlier. We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially, but as there's potentially upwards of 200 players per faction gathering these items, the costs had to be raised. In the end, this is just an event that will be around temporarily, and the first time it's ran for our region. It's difficult to gauge the impact of an event where hundreds of players (potentially) can gain items in the way this event's design allows. It's clear everyone likes the idea of this event, and when the event has ended we will be able to analyze and make changes for its possible return in the future. The feedback from players has not been unheard, but for this event's run it will not be changing. 

Over the last week there has been a lot of posts and replies, but I urge everyone to keep their posts on-topic and constructive. It's great that everyone is able to share how they feel, but when it starts to stray into insults, disruptive behavior, and other non-constructive replies it derails the topic and makes it difficult to asses and reply. Everyone is free to share their thoughts on the forums even if it's not praising NCSOFT or other players. Please be kind when using the forums.

That being said, the events are designed to be supplementary to in-game content and obviously events will yield different items than others. Next week, we will have new events starting and news for that will be coming before the scheduled maintenance. 

Thank you.

You guys clearly have no idea what is happening with this game I truly wished there was someone at NCWEST who actually knows what is good and what is bad.

Soulstones have no overall effect to players just means more people can up grade gear, not everyone can play during prime time so we miss out almost completely so why increase the rate by 20 times? When this could have been the best opportunity for a lot of people to try and catch up. How is this going to destroy the game in any way? It will only get more people interested and return to playing AION. I can't for the life of me see your logic, it's a win win for NCSOFT. 

Enough said I have played this game since the start and NCSOON has always said we will look into for the next time lol. I think people are sick of these lines you guys are using..

11 minutes ago, aids-DN said:

"The community is mad at us, take this buff and shut up" - NCSoft 2018

"Let's take away a good free event and make people spend more money!" - NCSoft 2018

When I saw this I LOLED in game.  Sorry Not enchanting anything aion.

Wow. I do not have even anger, its pathetic.

If u need to make this game broke - ur running in correct way. Im not blaming NCSoft. Im blaming current NCWest that 1)made a panic, cause their dice p2w event is not working as they thought; 2) nijaed npc fpr 1st day; 3) ignored ppl's rage on forums; 4) multiplayed prices based on "some calculations"; 4) ignored ppl.

And, please, stop protecting that they powerless (like it was in closed topic) - its not Korea HQ deleted npc from beggining.

Off-top: U know, to get soulstone i need 10k AP, ur npc is now selling it for 40. I can kill 40 mobs  solo and go buy 4 of them in different place. Oh well, u do not know that npc i think xD

I liked the post from Cyan for 1 line..

"We understand the new costs are a bit higher than they were initially,"

A BIT?  I dont know how to define a bit.. but x20-25 is not a bit thats a lot ::)

Guess what would you say if they raised your taxes by a bit and you paid 25x the amount...

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

Thank you.

Cyan you clearly admitted that these prices are just out of the blue as analayzing comes right after the event, why implement these new rates when its hard in the first place, removing it was the best solution. People will always complain but with good management they can keep complaints at a minimum, but this one is just heartbreaking. It’s broken at the very start why hurt us more by bringing it back.

Goodluck seeing people play that event when it comes back, looks like the retarded rates will stay.

I love how pathetic they are, trying to bribe people to come back with the Stigma/Accessory/Essence Core enchanting buff.

I can't urge people enough to stay away from this bs, it's really insulting to the players when they believe they can attract us like bugs to the lantern with little "sorry buffs"

Mannnnnn, cmonnnnnn ahahahahahahahaha there has been some stupid stuff in the past but this takes the cake by far!

On a good note, Bless Online is coming out soon! x)

Ay this shit is too good to miss out and not create an forum acc, i can safely safe for anyone like me who spent 0 cash on the game , made everythinf by grinding and half assing something like broker buyin and sellling...Its absolutely usless to play if there's nobody to play with, when i log in theres less than 30 players , and when i sleep its max 50-70 which is a joke of a population. 

fitting end of aion, die with the corruption of the best event ever 

Seems a bit funny but a few weeks ago you came to say that the event in Tiamaranta had not been enabled because you had found ' bugs ' and that they couldn't release the event that week. Two weeks after you start the event now answer me these questions:

1-You had time to fix any problems before the event. Because you haven't thought about value of the items listed in that time they had to fix the problem?
2-one day you will be able to make a really good event?
3-remember the day you announced the merger of servers. But the ultimate question is will the AION hold to your 19th birthday? That question I answer, CERTAINLY not!

ps.:  Please be kind when using the forums they said!

53 minutes ago, Ararma-KT said:

Ay this shit is too good to miss out and not create an forum acc, i can safely safe for anyone like me who spent 0 cash on the game , made everythinf by grinding and half assing something like broker buyin and sellling...Its absolutely usless to play if there's nobody to play with, when i log in theres less than 30 players , and when i sleep its max 50-70 which is a joke of a population. 

fitting end of aion, die with the corruption of the best event ever 

twenty euros

Archived