Elyos vs Asmo

Vandekist-DN

On all servers you will find one faction being more dominate. Though a "siege buff" has been placed in the game that can overcome lack of numbers and lack of leadership. This buff ranges from level 1 (a little extra HP) to level 9 (500% HP, PvP/PvE attack, PvP/PvE defense, bonus immunity to cc and a couple of other little gems.. basically making every player a little xform). The buff only applies during siege time and in the vicinity of the fort that is vulnerable. So even the smallest and most unorganized faction can take a fort if they put their minds to it.

Though we are getting server mergers in October, so everything will be up in the air as to which (if any!) faction will be dominate on the two new servers.

Since I see you're from IS, I can speak for it. For a few months now it's been dominated by the Elyos faction, although I can say that it's also been the other way around in the past. Surely they can kick our butts easily. I'd suggest you to join one of them and see what will happen after the merge since 3 servers (IS+KR+TM) are merging and surely this situation will change either in favor for the elyos or asmos.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that the 'UA Buff" is completely unwarranted on all servers.  If a faction does not have the initiative to form a cohesive force for the participation then they should not be rewarded by all becoming as you say, "little xforms".  As GM's and moderators of this game you should not be tipping the scales and spend more time catching bots, hackers, and kinah spammers.  Let players play and stop giving the upper hand to either faction.  You doing this makes the game an unenjoyable experience.  This was much better when it was pay to play, you did not do such heavy handed and overtly favored actions.  Yes you are merging to two servers and if you keep up and continue to interfere with the gameplay and continue to favor a side, I am sure you will lose many players and legions to other games and eventually you will again merge to one server as you will have created a game balance that is completely unfair and incapable for players to participate.

Lose enough, your side starts getting the buff, and their buff ticks down. It's all automated, not manually done by NC, and it was added in response to many servers having a faction that was literally half the size of the other who had no chance in hell of taking forts otherwise (at one point on IS, it was 400 Elyos vs 200 Asmos...online. of which 280 Elyos would show up for forts, which was still more than all the Asmos online). Took them nearly seven years to add it, and, while you don't like it, and it's not perfect, it's important.

43 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Lose enough, your side starts getting the buff, and their buff ticks down. It's all automated, not manually done by NC, and it was added in response to many servers having a faction that was literally half the size of the other who had no chance in hell of taking forts otherwise (at one point on IS, it was 400 Elyos vs 200 Asmos...online. of which 280 Elyos would show up for forts, which was still more than all the Asmos online). Took them nearly seven years to add it, and, while you don't like it, and it's not perfect, it's important.

This.

Not that there aren't abuses. Factions that don't really have a numbers imbalance don't form for sieges for a month or more and suddenly.. level 9. And here they are shouting "NOOB" inside the buff zone and then explode into a fine red mist as soon as they get out of it. But as Cake says, it took NCSoft long enough to come up with a counter to a numbers imbalance. This works even if it's heavy handed. It's better than the way things were.

Sorry Cheesecake, but I disagree, when you create your character and level them you make a decision to be a part of that faction.  If there are 400 elyos logged on vs 200 asmos then that is just how it is.  Life is not fair and this seven year project should never have gotten implemented.  I have been skipping the sieges in UA since the purple barney buff has been on and instead head to norisvold.  Guess what - there are a lot of asmos over there more than willing to pvp.  This means that they just don't want to do UA.  Not that the faction cannot do UA but that they don't want to do it.  As for population, leadership, and organization - Mecheagle tried to help them and they were successful to a degree but the bigger ranked toons decided they didn't want to follow him because he is also an elyos.  We like pvp but how can you pvp a rank 9 piny that smokes your butt in a couple hits?  If the asmos don't want to log in or go and participate you have the brilliant balancing idea of turning them into mini x-forms?  As for your suggestion of purposely losing - that is just a very ignorant suggestion to make to a player in a game where factions are pitted against each other.  It is not my fault they don't show unless they get their Barney God Buff, but for you as a GM to recommend my faction to purposely lose shows your level of indifference to fair game play. 

I agree it is not perfect but I disagree with your statement about it being important.  Rather than incentive buffs to siege, put something in play that will make them want to do it that does not take away from the other faction.  Rankings for example, participation in  x number per week to maintain your rank or you drop to soldier rank 1.  No matter how you look at it, this is not a good thing for any of us players if your only recommendation is to willingly lose forts and not participate until we get the Barney Buff.  Why even visit the UA then?

How can you say that this buff doesn't work, @Zicks-IS? It absolutely does make it possible for an outnumbered faction to take a fort. 

It is also abused? Yeah. It is. Most factions that have a level 9 buff sat on their hands for weeks and weeks until they have it and only then do they become suddenly motivated to siege. Once the buff goes down to 5 or 6, suddenly they no longer want to siege. Why? Because people suck.

@Cheesecake-IS.. ofc you aren't a GM! 

tenor.gif

Yes Nyinu it is abused which is why it doesn't work. If it worked, they would be there at all sieges not just when they have saved up for the Barney God Buff.  But hey, life is not fair as both Cheese and I have stated except - This is a game.  I think Cheese got confused about that.  This is a game and not life, and I believe that the only pvp done by cheese is at the edge of a camp, city, arena, or amongst a zerg.  So yeah, I can understand the lack of indifference to willingly lose and not participate until we have earned enough loser points to have that stupid buff but unlike Cheese - I play to win and I do not play to lose - especially on purpose.  Cake can sit here and point out all the imbalance numbers and pity party stuff but the fact remains that it is abused and too heavily handed.  Their lack of participation should affect them.  I am sure a lot of rank 1's - 4stars would love to see a mandatory participation in ua in effect.  That would force the upper leadership ( 300 asmos in case Cake wants a number) to be active for siege or drop rank similar to the GP system.  That would pull them from their pve holes and out into the abyss to face us on an even field.  No Buff Necessary

9 hours ago, Zicks-IS said:

Yes Nyinu it is abused which is why it doesn't work. If it worked, they would be there at all sieges not just when they have saved up for the Barney God Buff.  But hey, life is not fair as both Cheese and I have stated except - This is a game.  I think Cheese got confused about that.  This is a game and not life, and I believe that the only pvp done by cheese is at the edge of a camp, city, arena, or amongst a zerg.  So yeah, I can understand the lack of indifference to willingly lose and not participate until we have earned enough loser points to have that stupid buff but unlike Cheese - I play to win and I do not play to lose - especially on purpose.  Cake can sit here and point out all the imbalance numbers and pity party stuff but the fact remains that it is abused and too heavily handed.  Their lack of participation should affect them.  I am sure a lot of rank 1's - 4stars would love to see a mandatory participation in ua in effect.  That would force the upper leadership ( 300 asmos in case Cake wants a number) to be active for siege or drop rank similar to the GP system.  That would pull them from their pve holes and out into the abyss to face us on an even field.  No Buff Necessary

Well.. actually..

When this buff was first put in place, the "losing" side had the buff for a certain number of defenses based on how many weeks they didn't have that fort. On IS, the Asmos hadn't had a fort in literally years. During that time didn't the IS Elyos kinda stop sieging to win and just got their losing GP and left? And didn't a whole crack ton of them actually roll/play Asmo so that they would take advantage of the buff? And that would be.. abusing the system.

I get what you are saying. -You- try regardless of how things are stacked against you. But you aren't the majority. The system actually works in a perfect world. What should happen is that the buff should get high enough to compensate for lack of numbers and then it should hover there forever. But the majority of players (on all servers in all factions) don't want to work that hard. Much easier to sit on their hands until the buff is at 9 and then have easy peasy. Or sit on their hands until the buff falls to manageable and then have easy peasy.

Both sides (the numerous and the smaller) abuse the system.

And the new Coalition system makes it even worse. Sitting afk in the Coalition has killed sieging completely on my server. One hundred and fifty characters in the Coalition with no Elyos attacking and it takes us 10 minutes to kill the -adds- around the first dragon. Lol. That's what happens when 20 people are actually playing and the other 130 are alts or afk mains wanting to be carried. Don't tell me that doesn't happen on IS, too. 

The buff system is the latest and best thing that Korea has come up with to balance a numbers issue. Korea. Not anyone at NCWest. It is included in every region of Aion. It is automated. Our staff could turn it off, but we really need it. You are right that it can be tweaked. One day Korea might just do that and our staff can implement that. 

But what you really need to do is get down off your high horse and stop the roleplay. IS Elyos are not the good guys and IS Asmos are not the bad guys. IS Elyos zerg and guard hump as much as IS Asmos. IS Elyos PvE their way to high ranks just as much as IS Asmos. IS Elyos hack as much as IS Asmos. IS Elyos actually switched sides to run around with this insane buff! And your server is not unique!

And get off Cake's back. She doesn't even play on IS. 

ohohoho this is precious 

Yeah i amma go and side with the Drakans cause they in the right

and stop whining about the buff its part of the game now

you wanna prove you are a better asmodian/elyos  challange each other 

and learn to have fun(like have player hosted pvp raids or something or I dunno figure yar own thing)

It aint alway gotta be "I have the bigger dongdingdong"

where has the fun gone

Besides both faction is in the bad (reasons you would know if ya quested around a bit)

Oh the buff topic again. I guess once in a while this pops up when a faction is annoyed by it. It's a buff, not the end of the game. There will always be a faction profiting of it, that's the purpose. If the opposite faction decides not to siege, so be it. I also need to point out that not the majority stopped to siege depending on who had the buff, back when we had the old sieging system, so please get your facts straight. There were many Elyos sieging trying to get at least a fort while Asmos are having the buff, speaking on Israphael, and it switches back and forth between the factions. Since the new sieging system got applied Elyos have been dominating siegwise, but now since the buff is up again, I assume that Asmo got their courage together to siege again, which is fun!

So this buff is not something to QQ about, either you siege with it or you don't. It's a game and the buff is helping each faction to get back on their feet, imo. 

Archived