Got a Huge Bonus @ Work This Month....

Sweetzerlandia

I keep watching the dev tracker for posts about "Hey sorry we screwed up" or... gosh.... really anything communicating the nonsense the community has had to deal with lately.

And nada. 

And so for I won't be spending my bonus on NCCoin.  That's new for me.   Normally when I have some mad money I wanna play the event or buy some skins.

Instead, I used the money to buy other games which is another something I almost never do.

I absolutely love Aion and because of the state of NcSoft's treatment of the player base my money is going to new places.

I wonder if I'm alone in this...

My partner and I were talking about the state of the game, and came to this conclusion... if1 "big whale" who spends 1000 dollars a month equals 65 prestige players, this business model is giving them more money than subscription ever did, didn't even take into account moderate Ncoin purchasers. So yeah, free players like myself don't matter, prestige players don't matter, it is all about pleasing the big whales because by having a handful of them already makes up for the rest of the servers population.

The other day I came across a website where former NCWest employees would rate the company and whether or not it's a good place to work at. It was enlighting. As far as I can tell, almost every bad review complained about the same; they have 0 control over the games, korea codes and controls everything, nothing can be released without korea's approval, even the localizations are 100% done by korea, which is why it takes them SO long to release any patch or correct a faulty event. Someone mentioned NCSoft was a "family business" and at so, ran like one. A quick google search would tell me NCWest's CEO is married to NCSoft's CEO, so... yeah, everything checks.

This game current state is 100% NCSoft's doing, and probably working as intended. At Korean HQs they know exactly what's going on. If paying costumers make a stand, they might be heard. So by all means, keep at it!

Oh and please, stop flaming the CMs and such, even if they wanted to do anything to fix the game, they won't be heard.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-NCSOFT-EI_IE23242.11,17.htm

9 minutes ago, Aislinng-DN said:

My partner and I were talking about the state of the game, and came to this conclusion... if1 "big whale" who spends 1000 dollars a month equals 65 prestige players, this business model is giving them more money than subscription ever did, didn't even take into account moderate Ncoin purchasers. So yeah, free players like myself don't matter, prestige players don't matter, it is all about pleasing the big whales because by having a handful of them already makes up for the rest of the servers population.

The other day I came across a website where former NCWest employees would rate the company and whether or not it's a good place to work at. It was enlighting. As far as I can tell, almost every bad review complained about the same; they have 0 control over the games, korea codes and controls everything, nothing can be released without korea's approval, even the localizations are 100% done by korea, which is why it takes them SO long to release any patch or correct a faulty event. Someone mentioned NCSoft was a "family business" and at so, ran like one. A quick google search would tell me NCWest's CEO is married to NCSoft's CEO, so... yeah, everything checks.

This game current state is 100% NCSoft's doing, and probably working as intended. At Korean HQs they know exactly what's going on. If paying costumers make a stand, they might be heard. So by all means, keep at it!

Oh and please, stop flaming the CMs and such, even if they wanted to do anything to fix the game, they won't be heard.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-NCSOFT-EI_IE23242.11,17.htm

I agree with most of what you say except this.  Many of the players who had prestige actually spent money on the bcm as well.  So now if they lose those peoples prestige and there bcm income 1 whale does not make up for that.  Other then that I agree with most of what you say.  I would say 1 whale spending $1000 a month does not even cover 1 employees monthly pay cheque.

Yeh, my big thing is that the CMs have to be the messenger that gets "killed" - we can't take out the nonsense on them.

My thought process on the "whales" is - if the krill dry up, they have nothing to eat - they move to other waters.  I agree at first sight people who play for free may not "matter" to Korea but a game is held up by its playerbase's word of mouth as well as their wallets. 

When someone would ask me if Aion was worth playing, my answer was always yes.  Even in weird patches or wonky content - the players, the beauty of the game - it was all worth it to me.  But now... when someone asks I tell them to spare themselves the frustration of seeing a beautiful game ruined by terrible top management.  I can't really recommend it anymore - and I am an Aion fangirl.  I always thought I'd be here until the very last day - and I'm worried that day is sooner than I expected. :(

16 minutes ago, Tyd-KT said:

I agree with most of what you say except this.  Many of the players who had prestige actually spent money on the bcm as well.  So now if they lose those peoples prestige and there bcm income 1 whale does not make up for that.  Other then that I agree with most of what you say.  I would say 1 whale spending $1000 a month does not even cover 1 employees monthly pay cheque.

Totally agree. If a lot of people cancel their prestige pack and stop spending on the BCM, it will be noticed.

16 minutes ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

My thought process on the "whales" is - if the krill dry up, they have nothing to eat - they move to other waters.  I agree at first sight people who play for free may not "matter" to Korea but a game is held up by its playerbase's word of mouth as well as their wallets. 

Well I always say even if we don't directly contribute any money to the company, the hours spent playing, interacting with other players by pvping or forming groups to run instances, or join sieges, it all counts into making the game fun for everyone, including the "big whales". What's an mmo without players? This game is going bad because NCSoft is all about money grabbing right now instead of keeping their playerbase relatively happy. Yes... even when we had servers completely overun by the other faction, we still had our dungeons, crafting, healthier open world pvp (the gap between geared/not geared wasn't so obscene) and a sense of achievement.

I have been playing this game since forever now. There's no other game I feel more comfortable with, from character customization to fighting mechanics being so fast paced, the holy trinity class system. I keep trying out other games and coming back because I miss playing my cleric. Then I remember the reason why I keep trying to move on in the first place: mainly hackers not being taken care of & p2w being so strong I keep hitting a glass ceiling.

Things are not looking good for us players. NCSoft should've learnt by now an empty game is a dead game.

8 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Seriously, Sweetz. You are always so nice and then you come up with useless posts like this saying "I GOT MONEY AND YOU ARENT GETTING ANY LOL MEMEMEME". That is just wow to say the least.

Expressing discontent with a product she has consistently been supportive of and loyal to is not useless. There is a substantial amount of players currently withdrawing their financial support of the game, and this allows them to further discus the whys -- while making it harder for NC to ignore the issue. (And helping returning/new players be aware of the crap going on, because I sure as crap did not know what NC was doing until recently.)

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

The need to post where you spend your money.......

Making a point is all.  Normally I don't like money talk at all.

24 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Seriously, Sweetz. You are always so nice and then you come up with useless posts like this saying "I GOT MONEY AND YOU ARENT GETTING ANY LOL MEMEMEME". That is just wow to say the least.

Maybe try reading my post in a different one of voice.  Because i think you're reading way incorrectly of my intention.

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

Dam right, we alredy have a topic about not spending ncoin, ppl should be bumping that one. Making new posts just reduces the chance of getting a proper response.

That's kind of how I read it too, though. :x Very "I got money and you're getting none" kind of crappy post. It would have been better posted in one of the existing threads over making a whole new thread to be rather nasty and justify your decision to yourself and others. No tone of voice improves your post or thread title, Switz. Sorry.

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived