Sin - dunno

Cleric - SW set from BT

Templar - Jotun set from UT/LUT

Chanter - dunno with debilk staff from LUT

Ranger - Jotun leather set

Sorc/SM - Dunno

Glad - Dunno but with gold spear from BT

Sorc/SM - Jotun cloth set dyed blue

This screenshot is most likely took from 2.0 era,however I prefer 3.0 character screen with houses behind more :)

20 hours ago, TheGrimReaper-KT said:

I miss the old log in screens so much ;_; that and the old character creator. I'm not a fan of the plasticy look of the new character creator. The faces had more soul before.

totally agreed with you....i hate how dumb and idiot my main female looks after the 5.0..... but im falling in love of how my cleric looks now

On 29/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, TheGrimReaper-KT said:

I miss the old log in screens so much ;_; that and the old character creator. I'm not a fan of the plasticy look of the new character creator. The faces had more soul before.

If you guys remember that was changed in5.0 when they decided to throw acid on the faces of our chars and then gave us plastic surgery tickets to fix them, realizing they changed the faces too so you couldn't get your char to look like before, they added a lot of bags under the eyes, as it is a trend in the asian countries to get that (yes people go under the knife to puff up the bags under their eyes to make them look more cute, goodness lord)

My character looked good, now I keep the sunglasses on to avoid seeing how they ruined the faces and especially the eyes.

13 hours ago, Kilty-DN said:

I have no problem with the new character creation, in fact, I think it looks more realistic and has more options to create a unique character.

I agree, I like the new one much more too. Gives you a lot more options to customize your character. Also can't wait to get those new hairstyles. <3

Honestly, I don't feel as though there's more options at all in the new character creator. The only good thing about it was the dual toned eyes. The new hairstyles don't appeal to me whatsoever. Everything else feels the same, except for how horrible and dead the faces look. The shading on the old faces fit the feel of the game. The new shading looks like it's trying to be Blade x Soul and failing miserably (The lips look so gross now...and the inside of the mouth...ick) Every single character I see walk by me also looks the same to me now, especially since they've taken away the asmodian's claws and gave them that aweful tail instead of a mane ;_;

Maybe those of you who like to make female characters have an easier time. But all of my characters are male, and they've really trashed the look of male characters in this game, especially male Asmodians.

8 minutes ago, TheGrimReaper-KT said:

Honestly, I don't feel as though there's more options at all in the new character creator.

You fell short on that. There are several other important options.

• More options for torsos
  • Hands
  • More skin tones for Asmodians
  • (Finally) Ability to conceal the mane
  • Apply saved/new character values

Again, if you think your character was hit with a baseball bat in the face, then get out of your comfort zone and find a style you like. Play around with settings and faces.

38 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

You fell short on that. There are several other important options.

• More options for torsos
  • Hands
  • (Finally) Ability to conceal the mane
  • Apply saved/new character values

Again, if you think your character was hit with a baseball bat in the face, then get out of your comfort zone and find a style you like. Play around with settings and faces.

I'd forgotten the save character values. It's been a while since I've made a new character. That was nice and a much needed change.

Though honestly, it's simply a matter of aesthetic preference. It isn't just my characters that look this way to me. It's every ones, even those I see as pretty. Even the new character's I've made that I'm very attached to, and like quite a bit.

That isn't meant to insult anyone or their ability to create a character. I just don't like the new look, in spite of spending hours altering old characters and experimenting *shrugs* I'm also not saying other people can't like it, because they obviously do, and I'm not trying to convince them to hate it. But I vocalize my discontentment in the hopes that NCsoft might consider adding certain things back in as options that resemble parts of the old creator. (More manes, claws, and deeper/more pronounced shading options for both races, that make them look less like plastic)

I'll always miss old aion. Nothing is ever going to change that, unfortunately. The game has a lot of nostalgia for me. That being said, I still play because it's score and armor skins are beautiful, and I have a rather large friend group. I've invested a large amount of time in art, RP, and cosplay dedicated to the game.

Thankfully, I play a lot of sorcs with helms that cover the heads of my older characters. >_>;

And, back on topic- I wish they'd design a different login screen that allows us to see all of our characters again. It would be amazing to see screen that uses the revamped starting areas behind them. That I DO like.

59 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

My character had acid thrown in his face after 5.0 Take a look at the eyes and there was nothing for me to fix that. It might look the same to you but to me my char went from looking the way I created him, to having his face skin melting. The key feature is the eyes and the under-eye bags being prominent in almost all options now. Take a look.

That was right after 5.0 launched and before I tried to fix him. The eyes are simply non fixable to the old way, it will always have under eye bags or something like a shadow.

m3763Ce.jpg

...and as I mentioned above it is a korean trend to add bags under the eyes, in another effort to have bigger eyes (like the double eye lid surgery above the eye, not they want the lower part to be puffed)

Read this:
http://says.com/my/lifestyle/korean-under-eye-bags-aegyo-sal-trend
lJC1jT5.jpg

article-2378854-1B00FA8A000005DC-995_634

aegyo-item-plastic-surgery.jpg?fit=600,3

Remember, this is a korean game and the developers are affected by their own beauty trends and they also make the game in a way to satisfy the Korean gamers. This is why we keep seeing more and more kawaii skins and skills etc. The game downgrades to an anime chibi style mroe and more. Like the pets were not cute enough, they had to add super kawaii minions. The skins are getting ridficulously like guaru (correct the term) and pijama-style cosplay animals or something.

The game downgrades to an anime chibi style mroe and more. Like the pets were not cute enough, they had to add super kawaii minions. The skins are getting ridficulously like guaru (correct the term) and pijama-style cosplay animals or something.

I couldn't agree more. I don't mind having cute things available to those that want them, but in so many ways the dignity and feel of this game has been lost. I love it's lore and the look of it's older, more intimidating armors.

Also what happened to your asmodian reminds me of what happpened to my old main >< It's heartbreaking.I've spent hours trying to re-create something that at least resembles my old face, but that eye-bag shadow is a killer.

I've resorted to making purple and darker skinned asmos now to hide it :/

Well,i would like my sorcerer looks like before....they eyes i’ve put are cool but the mouth is horrible....i would like it could be full colored not with those shades....i’ve tried everything but that damn mouth ruins everything. They removed the claws...unforgivable for an asmodian,now elyos and asmos have the same look...like the horns,all my chars have them and now almost anyone wear them...I miss the old hard Aion,better than this shit . :(

10 hours ago, TheGrimReaper-KT said:

[...] especially since they've taken away the asmodian's claws and gave them that aweful tail instead of a mane ;_;

Maybe those of you who like to make female characters have an easier time. But all of my characters are male, and they've really trashed the look of male characters in this game, especially male Asmodians.

Yeah, I miss the claws aswell, the black one in the hand was amazing- I loved those. They should've added an option to add or remove those features, like claws and red eye, the same way they did for manes cuz not everyone likes them but they like playing as Asmodians. As for the manes, they should allow to customize them in the character creation.

I believe the problem with character creation is not the character creation itself but the engine, I think they changed the way lighting/shadow works in the game.

1 hour ago, Kilty-DN said:

Yeah, I miss the claws aswell, the black one in the hand was amazing- I loved those. They should've added an option to add or remove those features, like claws and red eye, the same way they did for manes cuz not everyone likes them but they like playing as Asmodians. As for the manes, they should allow to customize them in the character creation.

I believe the problem with character creation is not the character creation itself but the engine, I think they changed the way lighting/shadow works in the game.

^This, all of this. You are absolutely right. I totally understand why people would want the option to remove the mane and claws. But when I play an Asmodian, I want to play -an Asmodian- with the full kit. It's always annoyed me that the option to at least have claws and a better mane were taken away. Especially since many of the armors that once had claws still have gaps and weird imperfections where the claws should be. (At least the last time I checked)

Not to mention how the mesh morph on male asmo's feet is pretty broken. It used to be that any armor that took away claws made your feet look like an elyos...now it seems we have flat, flappy duck feet without our claws >_>; I'm not sure if this is a problem for elyos men as well. But it seems as though they simply took off the claws and decided what was underneath was fine, when it's really strange and wide. None of the character creation settings fix this. (Unless it's been fixed recently and I just don't know it)

I think you're right about the engine as well. The game world looks great, the way the shading effects the characters, not so much.

16 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

To be quite honest, I've never liked the saturation levels on the skin tone maker, so the availability of new tones isn't anything special. In fact, when I first learned that they added warmer tones to the Asmodian maker I nearly lost it. I'm one of those players who think Elyos and Asmos should not look the same.

Also, since we've gone off-topic, let me just add that I think players should be able to choose their login screens.

Archived