Competition Ranking

waffles

I did not know that Daeva Dash has a ranking until yesterday when I saw this thread. 

I was checking that today trying to realize how it works. Apparently it had a reset on the maintenance. And now I understand why I get some kinah on some of my toons. 

It seems that the points we have there are the summation of points we got inside our runs. Not the team points. Just our personal points. So the best we can have is 1800 points for each run (If we reach first every checkpoint). That seems logic cause the best punctuation I saw today is 7200. And that means 4x1800 (for those few players that were first at every checkpoint on everyone of their 4 runs). Yet, I am not sure if that is true. 

But If I am right I am thinking in some things:

- it is impossible to get those 90K points to reach the best reward in just one week. 1800 points x 4 runs x 7 days = 50,400 points. (or we can get the best reward just being at 1st place?)
- the event it is supposed to be played as a team with each player doing some task there. Yet the ranking only reflects who reached each checkpoint first. So, if you want to be on a good possition on that ranking, you need people who will sacrifice their success protecting you so you can run safely. You will probably use the Boots to run faster and your mates will have to protect you, cause you do not have many CC to keep the first place for so long if the other team reachs you. (reminds me in some way when on the sieges only the top DPS got the rewards and people tanking or supporting got nothing).
- the rewards are so tiny that I do not understand why somebody could want to have all that stress, organization and suffering to get them. The Void weapon skin seems nice, and it is expensive (but apparently it is only for the 1st place), but the harvester accessory box..... well, that item is not really impresive or expensive now. Grey wolf marks accs are easier, cheaper and better. A manastone +10.... we just ended an event where we got manastones. 

So, IMO it is not worth to have all that stress trying to rank there. I think it is better idea to use the extra time to level up some toons and do more runs but totally relaxed. If you win, nice, and if you lose, not big deal. Get some omegas and exchange them for those manastones. Also, take into consideration that this event has so many bugs, glitchs and exploits and even if you are really great, you can lose or you can get a disconnection, losing points and your rank. (multiply that risk X3 cause your team mates can have the same issue).

I understand your frustration. 

but we know how this thing works. Most of the things here are made by people who has no idea about the game. 

See this: 

"some of the rewards are between 1,000,000 and 5,000,000 kinah "

just that. If you find it logical, ok lets focus on this thing. 

But IMO not every feature in AION must receive our attention. Some of those things are really wrong from the very beggining with a totally ilogical design. 

oh... yeah... me too.... I also did all my runs on crucible spire this month. So bad you wont find me in the list cause we had this issue... And nope. I wasn´t a lazy cleric this month just being AFK and doing events.... 9_9

(sorry about that but I needed to make my bad joke)

But actually I think you are right. It is not nice to do some effort and find them broken. Some of those rankings provide interesting rewards. I hope we can see them fixed soon. :S 

26 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

oh... yeah... me too.... I also did all my runs on crucible spire this month. So bad you wont find me in the list cause we had this issue... And nope. I wasn´t a lazy cleric this month just being AFK and doing events.... 9_9

(sorry about that but I needed to make my bad joke)

But actually I think you are right. It is not nice to do some effort and find them broken. Some of those rankings provide interesting rewards. I hope we can see them fixed soon. :S 

Heyyyy, but I actually tried! :(

Archived