Cleric SR Set

Haniya-DN

Thanks to the current event, I'm making progress on my gear sets much much faster than I had accounted for. Previously I decided to abandon my SR set plans but I'm lowkey considering picking it up again. I'm just not really sure how to go about this though, what the best armor options are or how to socket. Do I go for Boundless, 75AP, do I mix in 65 gear to use ancient stones or go for full agility/power? All that jazz :P 

Any advice from fellow clerics would be super duper appreciated! ^_^

Oh, my block set is long completed, no worries. :P I was just wondering if Boundless was good for SR as well, but if 75ap is my best bet I'll totally go for that- thank you! As for socketing, I've heard I should use a mix of agility for SR and then power for pdef? I'm a bit hopeless on what stones to use and numbers to aim for, I don't think I even know where SR caps out :/;;

54 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

Oh, my block set is long completed, no worries. :P I was just wondering if Boundless was good for SR as well, but if 75ap is my best bet I'll totally go for that- thank you! As for socketing, I've heard I should use a mix of agility for SR and then power for pdef? I'm a bit hopeless on what stones to use and numbers to aim for, I don't think I even know where SR caps out :/;;

The minimum SR to aim for (including any perma buffs/essence you plan on using, remember there's SR scrolls and idians) should be equal to the amount of crit a geared melee has in their power/atk set, which I think it's around 1700 ~ 1800. 

There's melees who have a separate precision/crit set (depending on their class they can reach 2400 crit), against whom having 1700 SR would be useless ofc, but don't stress about those precision sets as they lose a lot of attack when using them compared to their main/atk set, and if you wanted to counter that amount of crit you'd either need a purified Luna shield (which makes you lose pvp def compared to using a L80 AP shield, and it's expensive to make as you need temperings to enchant it) or +25 L80 AP gear (as enchanting past +15 gives you additional SR).

As for your manastone question, play around with the gear calc (http://aion.mouseclic.com/tool/gearcalc?version=58) until you reach your desired SR value, if you have any manastone slots left you can put power in them (you don't need to go try hard with Power +10s, I have power 8s and the difference in phy def is too small to justify the cost of slotting higher power stones). Normally you want to use a L65 mace so that you can put SR ancients in it, and you could sacrifice a bit of pvp def and go for blood medal gloves (so you can put SR ancients there too, and you get cast speed, since AP gloves have atk speed. Another option for gloves could be Boundless since they have cast speed too, but you can't put ancients on it), slot the rest with agility til you reach your desired values. If you eventually upgrade to L80 AP gear you can safely enchant it past +15 for extra SR, so once you reach that point you may free up some manastone space to resocket into more power (or w/e other stat you may want to bump once you have enough SR)

Archived