Important questions about 6.0 (how to protect your assets)

Matsukamy-KT

Since there are so many big changes coming on the new patch, and we cant keep track of them all, I would like to know what exactly should I do with the tons of Items in store since i dont want to be caught with no pants when the light of 6.0 gets switched on.

Can anyone tell me what will happen to those items on the new patch ?

Tempering solution

Omega enchanting

Iridescent omega

Manastones in general

Supplements

AP

Scrolls(crit, att speed, running, etc)

And most important, since there's a big power creep in terms of stats and probably drops, will your kinah devalue when 6.0 hits ?

What are the most important items, the ones that will be in demand so I know i should keep them ?

6.0 makes a lot of changes to remove almost everything that is usefull now.

your kinah will be converted so saving some kinah can be worth but making a huge effort to get more kinah now may not be so usefull. 
expensive items today like omegas or temperings will be converted to new items. So saving them is a risk (we do not know if those new items will be easier to get)
expensive gear now will be almost useless then, so is not a good idea to invest in them more than what you need now. 

The only think that we know that will be the same than now and still usefull, is real money. So if you want to know what you need to keep for 6.0, the answer is money, real money. 

5 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Kinah will not be converted automatically.

We may get a different version, but the release of 6.0 on other servers:

• Kinah will be converted into gold bars automatically, and the Kinah we make (from 0) we can buy more gold bars if we wish.
  • "13. Kinah in the possession of each character has been replaced by gold bars." From https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/6.0_Update_-_Item
  • and check out this video starting at 19 minutes: youtube.com/watch?v=frcaL1Egwto&t=19m0s

6 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Exactly, we will get a different version. The update that changed kinah conversion and such came almost straight after the original release. For us, it will be at least the first 6 weeks of 6.0 (just as an example).

really? we will be able to choose to buy the gold bars or to keep some of the kinah? how do you know this?

what else will be different for us in 6.0?

Its a prediction, but I am certain (100%) it will be thar way. This is based on how our patches always include crucial changes in its original releases. For instance, 5.3 and Dredgion Defense.

We spent the days in between how much of a nightmare the instance would be. We were all surprised to see how easy it was. The changes were all spread out through several weeks after the patch. If you want a more recent example, 5.8 and Crucible Spire.

• 2 weeks later...

Like some other games, can't trade gold (by whatever name) to other toons period. I do expect more items to be tradeable to other toons on the same account though. Instead of gold, you use your main to buy things for the other toons.

27 minutes ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Like some other games, can't trade gold (by whatever name) to other toons period. I do expect more items to be tradeable to other toons on the same account though. Instead of gold, you use your main to buy things for the other toons.

Honestly, you cannot go more trade-friendly than what we had between 5.0 and 5.6. What 6.0 is doing is literally going back to pre 5.0, where the just decent gear is tradeable (such as crafted), and proper gear is untradeable.

51 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Honestly, you cannot go more trade-friendly than what we had between 5.0 and 5.6. What 6.0 is doing is literally going back to pre 5.0, where the just decent gear is tradeable (such as crafted), and proper gear is untradeable.

As far as understand the changes, although it is going back to pre-5.0 with respect to not being able to trade gear,  the other changes would align Aion more with other NCSoft games, like Blade and Soul. Those are the restrictions that i am not really happy about, for example, why can't  kinah (or the new  equivalents) be tradeable within an account in 6.0?

Archived