Getting Chain Kicked From the Game

I decided to give the game another go after a long hiatus, but it's proving to be a bit of a challenge.  I can manage to slip on with minimal fuss during the week.  I still get punted off from time to time, but I can generally get 30-45 minutes of grind time in before the system gets all salty and kicks me to the curb.  Even then, I can usually hop back in with negligible fuss and pick up where I left off.

Today was the first time I had a full Saturday to just go at it, but it would seem that whatever hell-begotten server management system they put in place is having no part of me.  I checked the logs, tested my connection, disabled every local service not related to the game, power cycled EVERYTHING, and checked for any hint of something on my side that could be a factor.  No luck.

"Hey!  New event!  I should..."
*punt*  You have been disconnected from the server.

Log back in.  No problem.
"That was..."

"Maybe I should switch to..."

(Restart router, computer, and the monitor for good measure.)

"Okay.  Seems stable.  Ping is good.  Maybe I can make it to..."

Etc, etc, etc, etc for hours.

Is this the new normal?

It is not normal to have so many disconections in so few time. 

You know, sometimes happens and sometimes we also have the "send log" message. But a disconection every 30-45 mins is too much. 

Maybe is your internet conection. Aion requires a continued conection. Even just few secs without internet will disconect you. Sometimes is harder to see those interruptions on your internet doing other things. If you are watching videos or checking pages, those seconds can be hidden with the data already loaded. Try to test with another online game or maybe some testing tools from internet (to check your internet conection). 

Also, if you are using software to reduce your lag and ping, can be that thing. Try without that and check if is the same. And if you do not have one, you can try with a free one. Some of them gives you some information about your internet status, flux, lost packets. If you are using wifi, sometimes that does not work properly. Try conecting your computer with a net wire to your router. 

Not using Windows firewall.  Let's just say that I'm not on speaking terms with it.  Using that blasted thing for anything outside of surfing web sites is like trying to sew while you're wearing  welding gloves.  Other potential firewall issues have been examined, tested, and discounted.  And something tells me that if this was a port issue to begin with, I wouldn't be able to play at all.

I did disable my antivirus software (along with my firewall) for a while with no discernible effect.

Yes, I'm running the game with admin functions enabled.  That's a good call, as it's a simple step that's commonly overlooked.

Running on an i7-3770 with 8GB of RAM and an EVGA GeForce GTX 760 with 4GB of VRAM.  Still running Win7 64x.  It's a bit long in the tooth, but still packs a fair punch.

I'm not using any ping reduction software.  That's a new one on me.  I'll have to look into it.

I'm not running anything but the game when I get disconnected, but there is a growing question of how reliable my upstream is.  I've been learning that my current ISP has a reputation for outrageously throttling outgoing traffic when they think they can get away with it, and some of my testing is starting to point me in that direction.

Thank you all for your time, attention, and suggestions.  I'm still fighting with it, and will keep you in the loop if I come up with anything solid.

There are a few common, problematic hops and, a rare few headache ISPs out there. I am a volunteer tech support person for my own ISP which does have limited bandwidth and, pretty severe throttling with some plans and,  the required conditions to get throttled that harshly. Do a tracert to  64.25.35.91 just to see how you look going into the Austin Aion servers in general. If there are issues there (website server) odds are, it's going to be worse issues on the game servers.

On 2018-04-16 at 10:12 PM, KornDawg-KT said:

Not using Windows firewall.  Let's just say that I'm not on speaking terms with it.  Using that blasted thing for anything outside of surfing web sites is like trying to sew while you're wearing  welding gloves.  Other potential firewall issues have been examined, tested, and discounted.  And something tells me that if this was a port issue to begin with, I wouldn't be able to play at all.

I did disable my antivirus software (along with my firewall) for a while with no discernible effect.

Yes, I'm running the game with admin functions enabled.  That's a good call, as it's a simple step that's commonly overlooked.

Running on an i7-3770 with 8GB of RAM and an EVGA GeForce GTX 760 with 4GB of VRAM.  Still running Win7 64x.  It's a bit long in the tooth, but still packs a fair punch.

I'm not using any ping reduction software.  That's a new one on me.  I'll have to look into it.

I'm not running anything but the game when I get disconnected, but there is a growing question of how reliable my upstream is.  I've been learning that my current ISP has a reputation for outrageously throttling outgoing traffic when they think they can get away with it, and some of my testing is starting to point me in that direction.

Thank you all for your time, attention, and suggestions.  I'm still fighting with it, and will keep you in the loop if I come up with anything solid.

I'm having the same problem! I just came back after 5+ years, and it's beyond frustrating. I downloaded the game last night, and between now and then (about 4 hours of play time), I've probably been disconnected 15+ times. I've tried the same things with no luck.

My boyfriend who sits right beside me hasn't had a single disconnect in the same time period.

I've been enjoying seeing the game again after all of this time, but this is making it hard to play.

Archived