Character Creation Contest ?

Neleth-KT

45 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Get ready to see kawaii-vomit style people thinking their digital waifu is very cute with bubbly eyes and super punch-cute outfits, having them with tiny legs so they are small, being offended they didn't win this.

No need to insult other people tastes.

There're a lot of characters in Post your Aion character! thread that I didn't like but I never post my negative thinking to ruin their imagination and creativity.
Same character in one eye could be beautiful like an angel while other one thinking it's ugly.

It's all up to your mind.

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

No need to insult other people tastes.

There're a lot of characters in Post your Aion character! thread that I didn't like but I never post my negative thinking to ruin their imagination and creativity.
Same character in one eye could be beautiful like an angel while other one thinking it's ugly.

It's all up to your mind.

I didn't say anything directed to someone specific.

But beauty is math before it is an option or a preference.

Φι (phi) from the ancient Hellenic golden ration where all the ancient Hellenic (Greek) statues and temples were applied to. It has to do with universal harmony and "beautiful" mathematical proportions

gMCgFT3.jpg

Of course taste is taste and personal opinions are everywhere. Otherwise people wouldn't love their children if the neighbors children were "prettier" or "more handsome".
BUT facial harmony, body harmony, variety of vivid colours etc are imprinted in our brains as good looking though.

It is like arguing whether a turkey is better looking than a peacock. The first looks like the ugly cousin of the second. This is why global beauty standards incline towards something specific and others complain that they are not included.

COPRySo.jpg

And that is the whole point. We may incline to specific characteristics, but there are others who do not. What if one of those is a contestant or even the judge?

Also, the "favoured characteristics" are such because of sheer luck because of natural selection. The "others" found the poisonous berries best-looking, while the survivors did not. If we lived in a world were peacocks were as dangerous as a black bear, our favourite characteristics would have been different.

15 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

And that is the whole point. We may incline to specific characteristics, but there are others who do not. What if one of those is a contestant or even the judge?

Also, the "favoured characteristics" are such because of sheer luck because of natural selection. The "others" found the poisonous berries best-looking, while the survivors did not. If we lived in a world were peacocks were as dangerous as a black bear, our favourite characteristics would have been different.

...but we don't live in that world. And I find bears cute even though they want to maul us.

21 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I didn't say anything directed to someone specific.

But beauty is math before it is an option or a preference.

Φι (phi) from the ancient Hellenic golden ration where all the ancient Hellenic (Greek) statues and temples were applied to. It has to do with universal harmony and "beautiful" mathematical proportions

gMCgFT3.jpg

b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t

I also believe that are some standards for beauty. But even if so few people in the world match with all of them (and everyone think they are beauty), most of the people match with some. So maybe when we talk about tastes, can be that we are taking into consideration some of the matching standars instead of those not matching. 

And also, after living some time in this world, we learn that are a lot of other factors to think about. We are not just peacocks looking for the best gens to have a lot of offpring. Living make us to change our standards. And probably a lot  of people here changed so much their standars since 12 years old to now. 

An even when sometimes we know that somebody looks really nice, we totally decide to avoid that person cause we know is crazy AF :P 

Did you guys ever see that thing where guys from all over the world photoshopped this one model to their idea of beauty?

It was interesting.

Pls no cry that they're buzzfeed articles.

(not nekkid, but not quite safe for work either since it's body, not face):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lorynbrantz/perceptions-of-perfection-across-borders?utm_term=.lwQ384V06#.id2L9jnP8

Face photoshop:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/global-beauty-standards?utm_term=.hlG3rlBx7#.lyZ197W2V

and for dude standards (there's a show as list option):

https://mashable.com/2016/02/18/man-photoshop-around-the-world/#w7rTcZJW1Zq8

I lol'd hard at Russia.

Beauty is a weird thing indeed.

But, yeah, never stick your pecker in crazy.

Archived