Daeva dash fix

Ele-DN

Make it so ONE person has to finish the race for the winning team gets 6 keys. You seriously can't hop the first fence for 100 points and then do nothing. The 2nd team is already jipped of the rewards because how stupid the point distribution is for what place you are at. 

Are you saying a race is meant to reward everyone fairly? It is simple, just run faster and get to checkpoints first.

If the other team goes through the checkpoint first and stops there, then you can keep going and win by a large margin as points scale up the further you go.

If a single person outscores a 3-fully-active team, then they deserve the keys more than you. :P

LOL last day of the race and this is a bonehead idea, most people score just enough points to win and move on to do something else, winning is winning regardless if they finish the race or not, get over it or run the entire course yourself and give them the 3 keys you think they deserve.

30 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Are you saying a race is meant to reward everyone fairly? It is simple, just run faster and get to checkpoints first.

If the other team goes through the checkpoint first and stops there, then you can keep going and win by a large margin as points scale up the further you go.

If a single person outscores a 3-fully-active team, then they deserve the keys more than you. :P

6 people makes it past the first gate and afk.. whos the winner? the one who get 100 points? they didn't even finish the race. 

23 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

LOL last day of the race and this is a bonehead idea, most people score just enough points to win and move on to do something else, winning is winning regardless if they finish the race or not, get over it or run the entire course yourself and give them the 3 keys you think they deserve.

isn't a race suppose to be finished? If team 1 and 2 afks and no one finishes, why should team 1 get 3 more keys then team 2?

Even if is not a fighting PvP, it works like other PvP instances. Sometimes some players do more and some do less. I think it is about teamwork here too. If you are in a team with 2 more players and you see that you are going to win easily, you can keep running to ensure the points and let your mates to afk at the middle. I usually try to end the race. Not cause I really need it, just cause it gives me some extra practice for those runs more complicated. But in other PvP instances you can see the same thing. Sometimes on the winner team there are players with so few kills and yet they won cause the others killed a lot of mobs and players. If the members on the team are ok with that and they still want to be in group with them is ok. Everyone have their own reassons to play with somebody. 

But if you made a no AFK group and your mates decide to stop running in the middle of the way and, you lose for that choice, well, there you have a problem and probably you need to avoid those players on next runs. 

Also, if you are losing to teams who only make 100-400 points and you do not like it... well, it is a good idea to try harder. Run a bit. Make it harder for them. Make them earn their keys.

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Even if is not a fighting PvP, it works like other PvP instances. Sometimes some players do more and some do less. I think it is about teamwork here too. If you are in a team with 2 more players and you see that you are going to win easily, you can keep running to ensure the points and let your mates to afk at the middle. I usually try to end the race. Not cause I really need it, just cause it gives me some extra practice for those runs more complicated. But in other PvP instances you can see the same thing. Sometimes on the winner team there are players with so few kills and yet they won cause the others killed a lot of mobs and players. If the members on the team are ok with that and they still want to be in group with them is ok. Everyone have their own reassons to play with somebody. 

But if you made a no AFK group and your mates decide to stop running in the middle of the way and, you lose for that choice, well, there you have a problem and probably you need to avoid those players on next runs. 

Also, if you are losing to teams who only make 100-400 points and you do not like it... well, it is a good idea to try harder. Run a bit. Make it harder for them. Make them earn their keys.

Spending 3-5 mins running 60% of the course to make enough points to beat 3 afkers who jumped the first fence in like 20 secs isn't trying hard enough? 

Even if "pvp" instance is based on points,with 0 points on the winning side(other team didn't show), they get the base winning reward and based on points, they would get bonuses. Coming in first, you get 1.8k point although depending on what place you come in at each check point, and for the last rank to finish, is at least 1k points. How does 100 points compare to someone losing scoring 1k points  and getting 3 more keys than them?

8 minutes ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

There are way to many bugs in the instance for ask they fix something about the gameplay of the event...

Ik but i doubt adding minimal points for 6 keys in the ranking isn't that hard. 

2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

6 people makes it past the first gate and afk.. whos the winner? the one who get 100 points? they didn't even finish the race. 

6 people pass the first checkpoint and  AFK. The winner is whoever does not AFK and keeps going. The last check points give around 900 points if you reach them first. If the race ended in the first checkpoint, then those who pass it first will win. It is very clear, very fair and very simple. What is wrong about it? 

1 minute ago, Bryos-DN said:

6 people pass the first checkpoint and  AFK. The winner is whoever does not AFK and keeps going. The last check points give around 900 points if you reach them first. If the race ended in the first checkpoint, then those who pass it first will win. It is very clear, very fair and very simple. What is wrong about it? 

We're not talking about the last gate here. Still no one finished the race.

I don't agree. If you look at the transforms critically, you can see that their skills are meant to work together to prevent the enemy team from progressing and helping their own teammates to get ahead. It's a -team- event. So the team with the most points at the end wins.

I played one quick queue where I played the hooks and my teammate played the faster transform. I hooked people behind him so that he could get a healthy lead. I played another quick queue where one of my teammates stayed behind and hooked every enemy that tried to go past, allowing the other two teammates to finish.

It's all about teamwork. Doesn't matter if you soloed better than the other team. They worked better as a team and deserve the keys.

5 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

A 3k+ point course gives the same reward to a team with 100 points? k

Why two different matches can be compared the same way directly? If that was true, then, why are you not complaining about Kamar Battlefield, in which a team won with 30k compared to one who won with 7k? You cannot penalise a team for being matched against AFKs.

Points do not matter alone. The important thing is whether they won or not. If you think that these points are useless, maybe it is true for this match. But keep in mind all points go toward your Competition Ranking score.

2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

The winner team is the ones who passed the 1st fence first so they got more points than the other team who passed the 1st fence later. If both teams raced till the first fence only, then one team was better at it, they get the 6 keys.

If you want, move to the next point, it will give so much more points, enough for you to win while the rest 2 of your team are afk and the 3 enemies as well.

Sometimes you win with only 100 points and sometimes you need 3k+. That happens in a lot of things. Think about sports. Maybe a football team can do 1 goal and win 1-0. And maybe the same one can make 3 goals and still lose 3-4. The points required to win are totally related with the effort (and success) made by the other team. 

Even in some of those runs that you saw the winner team with people who stoped after the first checkpoint, those players did that just cause they saw that the other team was totally AFK. They were prepared to run, but the match did not required that. Some players just do some points to avoid losing keys so easily against people who will only run 3 mins.

If you are the one who always run to the end and you feel like the other 2 players are taking advantage from your effort,  geting 6 keys and not even moving from the base, you can start creating groups "NO AFK" or "Semi AFK" and telling them that all must run to at least 1500 points and after that if the other team is AFK, all of you can stop running at the same time. A lot of people will be happy with this. 

Finally, it was supposed to be a reward for the people running more time and getting more points, but the rewards were so small and it is broken now. But there is a "Competition Ranking" for Daeva Dash. And the points made by the players is added there (or it was supposed to be added). And by reaching some numbers there you can get some rewards. In this way the people more active or those who can run faster than others are rewarded at the end of the week. And even those that are nto faster but reach the end will have much more points (each checkpoint gives more points than the previous one).  But as I said before, the rewards are really tiny (1-5 millions kinah) and only if you are the best of all you can get something interesting, and actually nobody will get a thing cause it is broken. So probably the best option for next time is to balance the rewards there and make it work properly. If that happens, you will see a difference compared with your team mates, if you are the one running to the end to collect 1800 points and they only help with 40-200 points. 

22 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

The winner team is the ones who passed the 1st fence first so they got more points than the other team who passed the 1st fence later. If both teams raced till the first fence only, then one team was better at it, they get the 6 keys.

If you want, move to the next point, it will give so much more points, enough for you to win while the rest 2 of your team are afk and the 3 enemies as well.

Might as well give everyone 6 keys for going past the first gate then?

31 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Why two different matches can be compared the same way directly? If that was true, then, why are you not complaining about Kamar Battlefield, in which a team won with 30k compared to one who won with 7k? You cannot penalise a team for being matched against AFKs.

Points do not matter alone. The important thing is whether they won or not. If you think that these points are useless, maybe it is true for this match. But keep in mind all points go toward your Competition Ranking score.

Points do matter. what are you talking about? Dredge, for the winning team gets 12k ap as a base reward. Then depending on points, you get more ap. Im sure this goes with other pvp instances right? So winning with 100 points still gets you 6 keys because?

22 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Might as well give everyone 6 keys for going past the first gate then?

Might as well give everyone 6 keys for finishing then, regardless of who finished first?

Listen to yourself, you are talking about 2 afk teams and you have a thing to say on why one team will get 6 keys because they were faster than the 2nd team. The teams decide where the race ends, if both teams stop in the first fence, then guess who the winner is... the one who got there FIRST!

Same thing happens if both teams decide that the race ends at the finishing point... you know who wins... *drums* the team that went there FIRST!

Because every check point gives points and every time someone passes it, it gives less and less. I do not calculate the points of the other points but the first point goes like this (I could be wrong in some numbers to be honest):

1st to pass it = 100 points
2nd to pas it = 80 points
3rd to pass it = 70 points
4th to pass it = 60 points
5th to pass it = 50 points
6th to pass it = 40 points

...do the math on who wins.

~~~ With all these bugs, you chose to make a deal about 2 afk teams

just to give you the numbers...

1st   - 100 points
2nd -   80 points
3rd -    60 points
4th -    40 points
5th -    20 points
6th -    10 points

checkpoints will provide those numbers (more or less)

x1 (first fence) 
x1 (starting the mounts stage)
x2 (ending the mounts stage) 
x5  (at the beggining of the zombies)
x9 (the end)

1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Might as well give everyone 6 keys for finishing then, regardless of who finished first?

Listen to yourself, you are talking about 2 afk teams and you have a thing to say on why one team will get 6 keys because they were faster than the 2nd team. The teams decide where the race ends, if both teams stop in the first fence, then guess who the winner is... the one who got there FIRST!

Same thing happens if both teams decide that the race ends at the finishing point... you know who wins... *drums* the team that went there FIRST!

Because every check point gives points and every time someone passes it, it gives less and less. I do not calculate the points of the other points but the first point goes like this (I could be wrong in some numbers to be honest):

1st to pass it = 100 points
2nd to pas it = 80 points
3rd to pass it = 70 points
4th to pass it = 60 points
5th to pass it = 50 points
6th to pass it = 40 points

...do the math on who wins.

~~~ With all these bugs, you chose to make a deal about 2 afk teams

Theres a difference between finishing a race and not finishing a race. Going to the finish line and timer? not points?

So sure you can go to the first gate and get 3 keys but why 6? Thats not the finish line. If both teams crossed the actual finish line, we can clearly see the the real winner is right?

It seems like you know how the points kinda work.. so explain to me how the 4th person running past the first gate is going to score more than 240 points (100/80/60)?  What happens if 4th player is 90% done with the course but coming up short on check point just to score point?

Bug fixing the next time this comes around would be great, along with actually putting effort to get rewarded.

If you rivals just jumped the first fence and made 240 points. And you made that on 4th place and got 40... You still did not lose. If they are going to afk, you can get 100 points on the next checkpoint (starting with your mount) and 200 points (at the end of the mounts phase). You can reach that point in like 5 mins since the beggining. 

But what you are going to see is that your rivals wont stop there if you do not stop. If you keep running, probably they will do the same. So at the end you will surrender. They are not receiving 6 keys just being AFK after the first fence. They are receiving 6 keys cause your team dont even try do the first checkpoint. 

But what you said about that how can be fair that in the winning team a player who made 1800 points get the same than one who just did 60 points... Well:

- it is supposed to be a competition ranking rewarding the points made by every player each week (but is broken)
- everyone can decide if they want to play with somebody who will do just 60 points leaving all the work to the others. 

But I do not get if you are not happy if you lose and only have 3 keys cause one of your rivals get 6 and just made 60 points or If you do not like to have to run to the end to compensate your team mates not going beyond the first fence. 

Archived