take out cruicble spire

taha-DN

you should really  take spire out. the instance is a damn joke, unless u  are a self healing class or totally geared out your ass beyond belief your never gonna get to floor 16.  so  unless the instance is  really only for clerics chanter songweavers, and any other class with constant healing  why have it.

I did Crucible Spire early on 5.8 with my Gunner at level 72 or 73 on my Apollon set. I made it all the way to Floor 34, with limited heals. Did you make sure you picked up the strong healing potion?

5.8 did make it a bit more difficult, however it balances it out. But, anyway, Crucible Spire is getting a rework (another) in 6.0.

Why have it? So people who are "geared out their ass beyond belief" have something to do.

If you don't like it, maybe work towards "gearing yourself out your ass beyond belief" so you can complete it as well. Or, don't do it at all. No one is forcing you to go.

Real talk though: your post is not a suggestion, it's a complaint. Which is fine, everyone has their own opinion, but they're not going to take an instance out just because you can't complete it. Tell them what specifically is causing you the most trouble so that maybe they can address it so that it's fairer to all players. Mobs hit too hard? Limited space for maneuverability? Too many mobs and not enough heals? Cool-down too long on the potion? Give them something to work with other than "It's a damn joke," cause that just makes you look inept when other people are able to complete it.

As Bryos mentioned, 5.8 changed it a bit. I find a few of the floors very difficult for my sorc now that are very easy on my chanter. However, there are also floors that are more difficult for my chanter than my sorc. The floors are all aimed at various classes.

I find the one floor with the two angel statues to be probably the most difficult floor for me (except for floor 40, of course) which is weird because it's like floor 7 or something. Some people think the vampire floor is the hardest, but I find that one pretty easy. It just depends on your class, gear, and playstyle. Just keep trying or don't worry about the instance. :)

Back in the old Crucible Spire, the Vampires (floor 27) was the hardest one for my Chanter. So, I always used Fire Form in there to make it a cakewalk. In the current version, I have no problems with any floor at all other than 40, obviously.

Now that my Gunner is level 75, I think I can manage all the way to the end.

as far as me doing this instance on my ranger  i cant finsh 16 to get minion, got to 16 only 1 time,  otherwise cant make it to 10th floor  most of the time, rangers simply dont have enough  sleeps, aoe's or healing ability for most floors, , my sin alt, i cant get to 4, but im not to good on it so not complaing on it. my sw and my chanter both got  minions and i stopped on 16,  had a little trbl on some floors but was doable due to being able to self heal.

Made it once by my gunner when it's was changed in 5.8 (without eform) and just forgot about it, ~1h for outdated rewards not worth it anymore. Except 5k gp+ for ranking. Adding materials for 80pvp/pve gears (from final boss at least) would made it more interesting.

18 minutes ago, taha-DN said:

as far as me doing this instance on my ranger  i cant finsh 16 to get minion, got to 16 only 1 time,

I dont remember exactly what 16'th floor about, but if you see floor with boss and mobs around, just kill mobs firstly without agro on boss.

19 hours ago, taha-DN said:

you should really  take spire out. the instance is a damn joke, unless u  are a self healing class or totally geared out your ass beyond belief your never gonna get to floor 16.  so  unless the instance is  really only for clerics chanter songweavers, and any other class with constant healing  why have it.

I used to feel the same and not only I as a sorc lack the healing abilities and survivability of the others, but I also play with ping. Now that I have a ping reduction service (which doesn't really take my ping much lower but it stabilizes my connection making it a solid client-server connection) I am doing all floors.

First I couldn't kill floor 36 and I still find that the hardest for a sorc, since we cannot evade any magic attacks so that boss can lethally kill me with 2 consequent skills if I do not pay attention.
Then I could only kill last boss with wind form, now I can od it without.

~~~~

BUT you DO need to be dressed as I am heavily dressed myself i pve for that instance. It is not fair as much as most things on this game aren't. I, as a sorc, found myself as a less-of SW/Cleric/SM most of the time, those three classes can do what I can but they can also heal themselves, debuff the enemies and generally survive.

But being dressed while doing instances is not new, that is not a starter instance, it is only allowing you to enter as an archdaeva at 66 lvl. Try doing Frozen Monolith while 66 level... you can't. Try doing it as a 75 lvl while not heavily dressed in pve bonuses... you still can't.

It is irritating and most irritating will be the people that will tell you "learn how to play" as a reply. Those idiots might forget what it was not to be dressed and well trained in something.

Mark my words, you will hate it even more like I did, you might quit it at some point like I did, you will be mocked for not being able to finish it like I was. And then one day you will be dressed, you won't really need Crucible Sire anymore, and you will be able to simply finish it in 30~40 minutes (like I do now)

all i really wanted to do on main was get the  minion from the 16th floor . think there was a blue quest too to finish the 16th floor, but  even after this reset on weds, and me going and buying some new gear so im atleast in all 75  gear,  i still cant get past the damn statues on the 6th floor. so if i have to go get a full set of +15 or beyond harvester with +7 or beyond harvester accessorys then its just not worth it for me to do just to get the minion. ill just do foo as boring as it is and get the 10 lessers for killing end boss.

On 4/26/2018 at 0:49 PM, taha-DN said:

so im atleast in all 75  gear

This is probably part of your issue. The 75AP gear has does not have any PVE stats. Having the PVE defense % from Apollon/Harvester gear really helps when you're getting smacked by the angel statues. I am able to do up to floor 16 of Crucible Spire on a few alts who are only in +1 Apollon gear. I don't know your kinah situation, but is it possible for to get some Apollon gear at least?

Archived