Andraia-DN

Solo playing?

Hello,

Came back after some time away of games.

I saw so many changes that decided to do a fresh start and create a new songweaver character in memoriam of my first one, Albireo. Hope the one that got my songweaver name knows about what Albireo is, and why she was called that way. 

Anyway, time to move one, I created AndraIA (Reboot girl, yes!) and start playing again. Nice and fast to level 68, but now I hit the point where I ask myself, Can I keep playing solo? I didn't get the typo skills and time to connect every day or at sieges and so times, I create my own legion to avoid invitations as my time online is out of what a Legion thinks is normal. 

Are other players on my situation? a friendly group that can teach and carry me to group dungeons and just play for enjoying?

Same boat If on DN Elyos, when my new (lev 30) Chanter gets there, may start a legion for folks like us that want to solo but need group for instances and such.

Nyali-DN   
7 hours ago, Andraia-DN said:

Hello,

Came back after some time away of games.

I saw so many changes that decided to do a fresh start and create a new songweaver character in memoriam of my first one, Albireo. Hope the one that got my songweaver name knows about what Albireo is, and why she was called that way. 

Anyway, time to move one, I created AndraIA (Reboot girl, yes!) and start playing again. Nice and fast to level 68, but now I hit the point where I ask myself, Can I keep playing solo? I didn't get the typo skills and time to connect every day or at sieges and so times, I create my own legion to avoid invitations as my time online is out of what a Legion thinks is normal. 

Are other players on my situation? a friendly group that can teach and carry me to group dungeons and just play for enjoying?

Welcome! :3 Surely you can keep going with playing solo, just keep in mind if you wanna get to the point where you'd like to farm for end game gear you might need some people to join you. So making your own legion and playing with your own schedule is very much possible. Just have fun! <3 

Posted (edited)

Solo  was practically impossible for end game things back when getting dressed was a personal thing. Meaning that you couldn't buy your medals and buy your gear, now you can do that. With ceraniums and even further back, you had to compete with others in sieges, instances etc and hope to get AP and medals. Peopel would beg to be in a static group that spammed TEB (The Eternal Bastion) for medals.

Now you can buy your spinel medals or even better (after the daeva dash event) you can dress your char in full 75a2 items with about 100m~130m per piece. So 2 weapons + head + main + legs + boots + gloves + shoulders + weist + 5 jewels = 14 items, that should cost you much less than 2 billions to get the end game gear, minus the manastones of course which are also doable with some effort (still solo)

The game takes a turn now, that you will have to do pve and pvp instances to get your upgrades (Evergale Canyon which doesn't require you to be social, since it is a quick-entry friendly pvp instance AND Frozen Monolith, something only a few static groups do for now). Even worse, in 6.0 if they make it all untradeable then being a soloer will probably be impossible.

When Aion becomes totally un-solo, I will personally quit it. It is my personal game style and I was, am and will always be a lonewolf.

Edited by Arxaggelos-KT

Soloing was never an "impossible" endeavor, just difficult. If you wanted end-game gear, you spent a significantly longer time trying to get it on your own than if you got help through a legion. I don't recall when exactly they added end-game gear to Luna, but gearing through Munirunerk and now Daishunerk is probably something they're going to be carrying over into all future iterations of Aion. They also threw end-game gear into events such as the Frozen Magic, Shugo Sweep, Omega Unbound events, etc., all of which assist in the gearing process. You need a ton of alts, but it's do-able if you don't want to deal with others.

Someone already mentioned that 6.0 events are likely going to be "gacha" or loot-box oriented, which means that if you're willing to throw money at it, you can keep your lone-wolf play style.

Thank you all for your answers.

14 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

It'd be easier to point you in the right direction if you state your faction.

I'm Asmodian in Danaria. Can make a new toon on the other server (Asmodian or Elyos) if more people like me are there.

13 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Same boat If on DN Elyos, when my new (lev 30) Chanter gets there, may start a legion for folks like us that want to solo but need group for instances and such.

Sorry, we are enemies on DN. But don't worry, I don't agro Elyos, in fact I have been killed many times on Norsvold by 2-3 members Elyos groups. With my slow typing abilities and the equipment difference is like I'm waiting to be killed, and I'm and very fast. :)

8 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Welcome! :3 Surely you can keep going with playing solo, just keep in mind if you wanna get to the point where you'd like to farm for end game gear you might need some people to join you. So making your own legion and playing with your own schedule is very much possible. Just have fun! <3 

24 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Solo  was practically impossible for end game things back when getting dressed was a personal thing. Meaning that you couldn't buy your medals and buy your gear, now you can do that. With ceraniums and even further back, you had to compete with others in sieges, instances etc and hope to get AP and medals. Peopel would beg to be in a static group that spammed TEB (The Eternal Bastion) for medals.

Now you can buy your spinel medals or even better (after the daeva dash event) you can dress your char in full 75a2 items with about 100m~130m per piece. So 2 weapons + head + main + legs + boots + gloves + shoulders + weist + 5 jewels = 14 items, that should cost you much less than 2 billions to get the end game gear, minus the manastones of course which are also doable with some effort (still solo)

The game takes a turn now, that you will have to do pve and pvp instances to get your upgrades (Evergale Canyon which doesn't require you to be social, since it is a quick-entry friendly pvp instance AND Frozen Monolith, something only a few static groups do for now). Even worse, in 6.0 if they make it all untradeable then being a soloer will probably be impossible.

When Aion becomes totally un-solo, I will personally quit it. It is my personal game style and I was, am and will always be a lonewolf.

I have fun, I never dropped the game, just keep aside if familiar and work things saturate me, and return when feeling adventurous. The question is if I can keep exploring new places in solo.

I don't play to be on top stats or have the best full equipment set and accessories. Just moving around and PvE is fine for me.

Not that I want to play fully "solo", but I haven't found people who plays in slow pace or legions that admit a player that is not x hours online everyday. Nor have contacted someone that will "mentor" me on how to organize bars, chains, etc. As I said my keyboard and me are not very friendly, I type slowly and push the wrong letter more than I wanted.

I will gladly add anyone interested in this kind of play to my legion or group whit them for an "instances day". But again people seems to prefer a very populated one. I write the post to see if I could contac another players who which like "next saturday at 4pm will do ???" thing, no matter legion or experience, and will not drop others at first fail made.

Join the club, fast fingers but, satellite ISP so MINIMUM ping is 550, usually 600 to 800 - makes me terrible in PvP, I don't aggro Asmos, Have Asmos on KT. DN Elyos but, either way, I am an easy kill unless they are a few levels below me and, I get lucky.

12 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Join the club, fast fingers but, satellite ISP so MINIMUM ping is 550, usually 600 to 800 - makes me terrible in PvP, I don't aggro Asmos, Have Asmos on KT. DN Elyos but, either way, I am an easy kill unless they are a few levels below me and, I get lucky.

I feel sorry for you greatly :/

Everyone should have fiber optic nowadays.Hope 5G will be the game changer for you :)

Nope, 5G won't help me, not one carrier here offers anything over 10 GB hotspot for the same or less than I pay for unlimited satellite and, no cell phone gets more than one bar of any service here. I'm not going to see better ping unless SpaceX does manage to get the LEO (Low Earth Orbit) satellites up and get LEO internet affordable with unlimited usage. (Unlikely due to the cost of needing so many satellites to do it at all.)

Chances are, I'm stuck with 30 Mbps speeds and an average ping of 650 ms. for life. Still beats what I started with out here. 15 years ago, I had 17 GB per month at 1.5 Mbps and ping of 1200 on average. Much better now with 30 Mbps, unlimited data and, 650 ping :)

Price of rural living in a location that even land line phone companies won't service due to too few potential customers on the road. TV, Internet and, VOIP Phone all come by satellite here or not at all. On the upside, low property taxes, my home is 100% paid for - no mortgage. I can grow much of my own food, hunt, fish and, target practice with my bow or rifles in my back yard and, have my wolfdogs without issues here.

I also play solo, can't stand munchkin drama and pvp, kids (grown up or for real) who get their giggles mashing lower levels cos their real life sucks. But I've noticed a lot less players around now compared to when I started a few years ago - I tend to go off the game for a year or so and then come back and see what's changed - so harder to just join up with a stranger or two when I need some help. Might have to just tootle along solo for as long as I can stand it then look for something else. 

Chiru-DN   

Hi! I'm also a solo player. Aion is the only game I really play solo on, I would be playing with my boyfriend but Aion brings back some very toxic memories for him and I refuse to put him through that type of pain, so here I am trying to solo a game for the first time. I have Asmodian characters on DN server, though honestly, finding new friends to play with sounds like a really nice thing to do!

On 8/29/2018 at 8:23 PM, Chiru-DN said:

Hi! I'm also a solo player. Aion is the only game I really play solo on, I would be playing with my boyfriend but Aion brings back some very toxic memories for him and I refuse to put him through that type of pain, so here I am trying to solo a game for the first time. I have Asmodian characters on DN server, though honestly, finding new friends to play with sounds like a really nice thing to do!

Ah, I have Elyos, so we couldn't meet up! This thread has got me wondering about  starting a legion of my own for solo players. What level do you have to be to start a legion and how do you go about it?

well, after 66, yes, you pretty much need to do instances and, those take groups. Com join One Percent. We have members from several areas, someone is online most of the time. We run instances whenever we have enough people to do them, which is just about always. We are a fairly new Legion but, we're growing fast and, we're here to help new/returning players get geared up, leveled up and get those instance quests done. Just press SHIFT+G in game and search for One Percent.

We carry people in instances until they get leveled and geared up and, can help us carry the next newcomer that needs it. They did it for me, we did it for several other, even though the under leveled/ undergeared one died  A LOT (like 20 times first AoE run for me LOL) We laugh and keep going, we all had to learn this stuff and get the gear and levels, we don't get upset when our members don't have it - that takes playing and, we all know end game, you can't play 100% solo.

I soloed to level 66, most do but, after that, you need to do groups. Join us and, we'll get you there, no matter the time, something is always open to run with a group.

Chiru-DN   
5 hours ago, OnlySnow-DN said:

Ah, I have Elyos, so we couldn't meet up! This thread has got me wondering about  starting a legion of my own for solo players. What level do you have to be to start a legion and how do you go about it?

I believe you need to be level 10, so after ascension, to start your own legion but I could be wrong, it requires a legion fee and name, that's about it, I'm sort of a newbie to the game! I was able to convince my boyfriend to join me and play the game though, only condition he asked is we don't make Elyos characters! x'D